Firefox 3.6 series report "Firefox already running"

Name:
Product: Firefox

Comments:
Firefox 3.6 series including the newly released version 3.6.2 report
"Firefox is already running" after closing the browser and opening it
again. One has to kill Firefox task to be able to open the browser again.

Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.2) Gecko/20100316 Firefox/3.6.2 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/

see it.
0
hendrix

Firefox:mac 3.6.2 refuses to open, after invoking "Restart Firefox" command
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox:mac 3.6.2 refuses to open, after invoking "Restart Firefox" command Comments: I'm using Snow Leopard 10.6.2. I updated to 3.6.2 from the automated update, and after it installed and checked add-on compatibility, Firefox refused to open anymore, even after reinstalling. I tried uninstalling 3.6.2 including removing related files, and reinstalling but the same problem arose. Problem seems to be limited to 3.6.2, as after reinstalling a fresh copy of *3.6* from scratch there isn't any problem now. Seems like 3.6.2 can...

"X"ing out of Firefox leaves Firefox running
Name: michael elliott Email: openmind1atearthlinkdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: "X"ing out of Firefox leaves Firefox running Comments: Scenario. I open Firefox 3 from my desktop icon. I work with it and close it by clicking on the red X in the upper right corner of my window. Later on I attempt to open Firefox again. Clicking on the icon sets the hourglass in motion for a second or two. Sometimes I get an error message telling me I already have a Firefox session running and that I have to close it before I can open a new one. Sometimes I don't get tha...

Firefox 3.6 beta 1
Name: Jeff Wygum Email: jwygumatnorsedotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.6 beta 1 - New feature "Personas" Install fails with "Not compatible w/3.6b1" Comments: Firefox 3.6 beta 1 - New feature "Personas" Install fails with "Not compatible w/3.6b1" Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2b1) Gecko/20091029 Firefox/3.6b1 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must...

Error Message: "Firefox is already running, but is not responding. To open a new window, you must first close the existing Firefox process, or restart your system."
Name: Edward A. Product: Firefox Summary: Error Message: "Firefox is already running, but is not responding. To open a new window, you must first close the existing Firefox process, or restart your system." Comments: "Firefox is already running, but is not responding. To open a new window, you must first close the existing Firefox process, or restart your system." This is the error message I have already gotten a dozen times since I just upgraded (it's been less than a day since I upgraded to v3. I am not using the firefox browser any differently than ...

Prefer Firefox 2 to new "features" of Firefox 3
Name: Wyn Snow Email: wsnowatwebsites4smallbusinessdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Prefer Firefox 2 to new "features" of Firefox 3 Comments: I do NOT like the new "look and feel" of Firefox 3. I don't need/like metallic. It is harder to read. I want the choice of being able to have it look the same as Firefox 2 with white/readable tabs. I do not like the "long" version of history. I am quite happy just seeing the http's. The new version makes it harder to see/find the https. I do not like having a "Most Visited" links suddenly ...

"firefox is already running...."
with my upgrade to 1.5.03 i keep having this problem... when i attempt to start FF on winxp sp2... the complete error message i get is: "firefox is already running, but is not responding. To open a new window, you must first close the existing firefox process or restart your system" task manager shows no FF processes and restart only gets me back to the same error messages... -- .... "History I believe furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a free civil government." -- letter from Thomas Jefferson to Baron vonHumboldt, 18...

"Firefox is already running"
Name: Erick Galinkin Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: "Firefox is already running" Comments: Upon closing Firefox 3.0 beta 1 for Windows(XP), upon trying to start Firefox again, Windows told me that "Another instance of Firefox is already running..." however, it did not appear in the process manager. After trying Firefox 2.x and then trying 3.0b1 again, Firefox works fine. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9b1) Gecko/2007110904 Firefox/3.0b1 ...

"Firefox is already running"
I'm getting sick of it! It seems like every time Firefox updates itself (without asking, of course), it gets worse. I am on my computer off and on all day long and probably open Firefox 3 dozen times during the day. But I can depend on at least a half dozen times a day when I get that "Firefox is already running" error. Then I can go into task manager and kill it and it's OK again for a while. People have been bitching about this like forever! How come no one can figure out how to fix it? Creating a new profile all the time isn't the answer what with having...

"Firefox already running ..."
(WinXP) I recently downloaded a couple of extensions. I found them on the same web site as a certain Thunderbird extension that looked interesting. They did not install directly -- all that was offered was (for each) a .XPI file to download to someplace. I did my best to figure out where. This morning I needed to log out and back in again. When I started up Firefox, it asked me if I wanted to install those two extensions. (Apparently I guessed correctly re where to download them.) I said yes, and it proceeded. After a very long delay, it started up a real browser window. Howev...

"Firefox is already running..."
Is the message I get when I try to start Firefox; I do the ctrl-alt-del rotuine and it does not list Firefox as running. If I restart, Firefox will start up fine, but if Iclose it during a session, the scenario continues. Any hints here?? This started after updating yesterday to 2.0.0.1 Thanks, Stuart Friedman East Montpelier, VT Stuart Friedman wrote: > Is the message I get when I try to start Firefox; I do the > ctrl-alt-del rotuine and it does not list Firefox as running. If I select "process' tab and look for firefox.exe process. > restart, Fir...

Firefox add-on "slogger" no longer supported with Firefox 3.x
Hello everyone, I did some research on my own to find a replacement or a way to make it work with Firefox 3.x since I found it so convenient. Since this was not really successful I turn to the group if anyone has advice :-) slogger is an add-on that (as I configured it) keeps a monthly log of URLs that I loaded (with timestamps) and a text-only-version of the pages (named with the timestamp) so that I can do full-text-search. Whenever I didn't remember where I had been seeing some information I searched through these logs and I did find what I was looking for quite ...

Suggest change title of shortcut from "send feedback" to "send firefox feedback"
Name: Stephen, a firefox supporter Product: Firefox Summary: Suggest change title of shortcut from "send feedback" to "send firefox feedback" Comments: I just downloaded FF beta3 and it suggested dragging the feedback button onto the bookmarks toolbar. However once it is there it is not clear to the tester/user some time later that it is for firefox and not one of the potentially-many other applications on their PC. I therefore suggest you change title of shortcut from "send feedback" to "send firefox feedback". No big deal, but an easy...

Firefox should add a "disk cleanup handler" so that Windows "Disk Cleaner" can clear the Firefox cache
Name: Andy Email: asefkow_at_yahoo.com Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox should add a "disk cleanup handler" so that Windows "Disk Cleaner" can clear the Firefox cache Comments: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/shellcc/platform/shell/programmersguide/shell_int/shell_int_extending/disk_cleanup.asp When I am running low on disk space, I run the Windows "Disk Cleanup" tool, accessible on the General Tab when you click Properties on your C: drive. This lets me clear the IE cache, temporary files, empty trash, etc. al...

"Firefox" or "Gecko"
Hi, In a lot of places in MDN, like in https://developer.mozilla.org/En/DOM/Attr#Deprecated_properties_and_methods one can see a mention of "Starting in Gecko 7.0 (Firefox 7.0 / Thunderbird 7.0 / SeaMonkey 2.4)...". What is in parens is generated by a template. This was relevant when Gecko/Firefox numbers where different, but I'm wondering if this is necessary anymore for webdev-oriented documentation. I think that since Firefox 4, it would be relevant to just write "Starting in Firefox 7..." (even the ".0" can be dropped I think). This i...

Web resources about - Firefox 3.6 series report "Firefox already running" - mozilla.feedback.firefox