Firefox 3.5.3 under mac os x 10.5.8 performance problems

Name:
Product: Firefox

Comments:
The firefox version + mac os x version combination offers poor performance. Starting firefox
throws to the mac console the following messages:

17/09/09 15:08:04 [0x0-0xb70b7].org.mozilla.firefox[3545] firefox-bin(3545,0xa05eb720)
malloc: *** error for object 0x5d64: Non-aligned pointer being freed
17/09/09 15:08:04 [0x0-0xb70b7].org.mozilla.firefox[3545] *** set a breakpoint in
malloc_error_break to debug

Maybe this causes performance problems that makes firefox practically unusable.

Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_5_8; es-es) AppleWebKit/531.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.3 Safari/531.9
From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/

see it.
0
hendrix

Problem with Firefox 3.5.3 on Mac 10.5 and 10.5 in Blogger.com blogs
Name: Allen Email: allenatbergstedtdotorg Product: Firefox Summary: Problem with Firefox 3.5.3 on Mac 10.5 and 10.5 in Blogger.com blogs Comments: The following problem occurs with Firefox 3.5 on Mac 10.5 and 10.6 The problem does not occur with Safari on 10.6 or on Windows version of Firefox. In my Blogger blogs I've enabled the one-click edit function which is shown by a pencil icon. One click on the pencil should put me in edit mode. However, Firefox 3.5.3 does not show the pencil. I have to click the Sign In button which puts me into my Dashboard where I can select ...

Updated to Firefox 3.5.3, but version still lists as 3.5.2 (Mac OS X 10.4.11 on G4)
.. . . After upgrading to 3.5.3 (and doing a browser-menu Help>Release Notes opening a tab showing it's 3.5.3), I find the computer's hierarchical listing of applications still shows version 3.5.2, and selecting its icon for a command-get info brings a window identifying it as version 3.5.2. I can't find any other version of Firefox with a later installation date or in a different location on the computer, a 512mb-RAM 1.33GHz Power PC G4 5-yr.-old Mac mini with OS X 10.4.11 (the highest allowed on a non-Intel Mac). Why won't the listing show the current version num...

Firefox 3.0.3 will not start (Mac OS 10.5.5)
I have a Macbook, installed Firefox 3.0.3, under Administrator account, firefox runs no problem. The macbook joins a mac domain, if a domain user (not mobile account) logs in the macbook, click Firefox and nothing happen. I have delete .plist, profile, reinstall but no luck Any suggestions to make firefox work please? Thanks Peter Peter wrote: > I have a Macbook, installed Firefox 3.0.3, under Administrator > account, firefox runs no problem. The macbook joins a mac domain, if a > domain user (not mobile account) logs in the macbook, click Firefox > and nothing happen....

Firefox 3.5 beta does not block popups as effectively as Firefox 2 on Mac OSX 10.5.3
Name: abel Email: abelusfatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.5 beta does not block popups as effectively as Firefox 2 on Mac OSX 10.5.3 Comments: Firefox 3.5 beta does not block popups as effectively as Firefox 2 on Mac OSX 10.5.3, noticeable increase in popups evading popup blocker. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:1.9b5) Gecko/2008032619 Firefox/3.0b5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Firefox 3 Beta 5 freezes on Mac OS X 10.5
Name: D.W. Schultz Email: pastordave00atgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3 Beta 5 freezes on Mac OS X 10.5 Comments: Beta5 freezes after launch after loading the default sites. The browser stops responding and the processor usage skyrockets to 60-80 %, and in extreme cases the OS freezes. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10_5_2; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.13 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1 Safari/525.13 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Firefox 3.5.3 and Firefox 3.5.2
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.5.3 and Firefox 3.5.2 Comments: https://signin.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?SignIn Page Filled with the following everytime I go from eharmony to ebay: (1)*el_rrtaa15'rT_rrdiv16~m*(74)*44'340~m*(208)*42'338~m*(153)*39'334~m*(306)*39'334~mt*(113)*el_rr@lst'rT_rrdiv15~mo*(0)*el_rrdiv15'rT_rrtaa15~m*(40)*72'340~mt*(16)*el_rr@lst'rT_rrdiv16~mo*(1)*el_rrdiv16'rT_rrdiv15~m*(138)*114'359~mt*(24)*el_rr@lst'rT_rrdiv17~mo*(1)*el_rrdiv17'rT_rrdiv16~mt*(25)*el_rr@lst'rT_rrtd21~mo*(48)*el_rrdiv19'...

Problemas com firefox 3.5 / Problems with firefox 3.5
Name: DHIEGO RODRIGUES Email: arcanjodhathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Problemas com firefox 3.5 / Problems with firefox 3.5 Comments: O navegador foi o pior dos firefox que eu já experimentei, está travando, ficou mais lento não tem temas que funcionam. Se a versão nova está tão ruim o que houve para vocês liberarem? Confio no seu navegador há 05 (cinco) anos só utilizo o firefox por favor corrijam os problemas não gosto do explorer a pesar de ter o explorer 8 instalado sempre preferi o firefox e com o tema aero fox...

GroupWise 5.5, Mac G4 OS X 10.3.2 and NetWare client OS X IP v1.2.3
Has anybody configured GroupWise 5.5 to work on a PowerPC Mac G4 OS X version 10.3.2 with NetWare client OS X IP v1.2.3 installed on it? GroupWise used to work when we were running NetWare 4.1x. Once we upgraded to Netware 5.10, we couldn�t connect to our network and GroupWise stopped working so we needed to get the new OS X IP client from Prosoft Engineering, but, we were told that they no longer support GroupWise; however, my Mac users told me that they have colleagues from other agencies that they're still capable to run GroupWise. Thanks Agarc, It appears ...

GroupWise 5.5, Mac G4 OS X 10.3.2 and NetWare client OS X IP v1.2.3
Has anybody configured GroupWise 5.5 to work on a PowerPC Mac G4 OS X version 10.3.2 with NetWare client OS X IP v1.2.3 installed on it? GroupWise used to work when we were running NetWare 4.1x. Once we upgraded to Netware 5.10, we couldn�t connect to our network and GroupWise stopped working so we needed to get the new OS X IP client from Prosoft Engineering, but, we were told that they no longer support GroupWise; however, my users told me that they have colleagues from other agencies that they're still capable to run GroupWise. Thanks Please ask in the GroupWi...

Firefox 3 Beta 5 crashes upon starting in Mac OS X (10.3.9)
Name: Vasily Email: vasilyatgatechdotedu Product: Gran Paradiso Summary: Firefox 3 Beta 5 crashes upon starting in Mac OS X (10.3.9) Comments: Firefox 3 Beta 5 crashes upon starting in Mac OS X (10.3.9), running on a PowerBook G4 laptop with a PowerPC processor. I had dragged the Firefox app folder from the installer .dmg into an alternate location (not the usual Applications folder), renamed it to Firefox 3 Beta 5 so it wouldn't conflict with my usual Firefox (v2.0.0.13), then dragged the renamed app into the Applications folder. On starting, the dock icon bounces br...

Firefox 3.5.2 Installed 8/3/09 Running Mac OS 10 Causing Screen freezes?
Name: Reggie Cartledge Email: reggie86atgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.5.2 Installed 8/3/09 Running Mac OS 10 Causing Screen freezes? Comments: I am experiencing a screen freeze at Fidelity.com attempting to execute a stock order. This has only occured since installing the latest release of Firefox. Fidelity techie asked me to try with Safari to see if I got same condition. I tried Safari and don't have the freeze problem. Is it possible for me to reload the previous version of Firefox to see it that fixes the problem? Thanks for any input. Browser Det...

Compiled FF 3.6 on MAC OS 10.6.3, but it is not working on MAC OS 10.5.5
Hi, I have compiled FF on MAC OSX 10.6.3 , for 32 bit , but when I try to use the same dmg in MAC OS 10.5.5 it gets crashed, below are by mozconfig file and crash report data: it is working on 10.6.3 but not on 10.5.5, please help me , thanks ************************************MOZCONFIG: ..$topsrcdir/browser/config/mozconfig mk_add_options MOZ_OBJDIR=@TOPSRCDIR@/obj-ff-32bit mk_add_options MOZ_MAKE_FLAGS="-s -j4" CC="gcc-4.2 -arch i386" CXX="g++-4.2 -arch i386" ac_add_options --target=i386-apple-darwin9.2.0 ac_add_options --enable-macos-target=10....

Feedback FireFox from 3.0.10 to using 3.5.4 to now the new 3.5.99 beta
Name: Henry Email: nighter2athotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Feedback FireFox from 3.0.10 to using 3.5.4 to now the new 3.5.99 beta Comments: I am starting to use the 3.5.4 it was excellent... love di tit reminded me of what firefox always used to be. then when 3.0.10 came along , it would hang up , all the time I got so many people tired of it on my website... I was lucky to find this beta 3.5.4 now, i updated automatically to 3.5.99 and we shall see what is good and worth while. All i know is i dont want to have to go back to IE8 or any other IE. they...

Firefox 3.5.2 for Mac OS X 10.5.7. The save and quit feature when closing down several tabs no longer works.
Name: Philip Perry Email: philatpperrywildlifephotosdotorgdotsz Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.5.2 for Mac OS X 10.5.7. The save and quit feature when closing down several tabs no longer works. Comments: When I close Firefox with four or five tabs open I use the save and quit function so that when I next launch Firefox all the tabs are opened up again so that I can continue browsing where I left off. On your 3.5.2 update this feature no longer works. I save and quit and when I relaunch all I get is my homepage. Also the clear private data feature seems to be missing...

Web resources about - Firefox 3.5.3 under mac os x 10.5.8 performance problems - mozilla.feedback.firefox

Old Spice Ups Innovation, Performance Ante with New Hardest Working Collection Line of Anti-Perspirant/Deodorants ...
Old Spice is taking performance to legendary extremes with the introduction of the new Hardest Working Collection product line, offering the ...

Multi-sport sensor will help you reach PIQ performance
... play alongside you and talk trash about your skills. PIQ, a multi-sport sensor, can quickly tease out the divine delusion with Earthly performance ...

‘Room’ Director Lenny Abrahamson On Getting Great Performances, “Family Atmosphere’ On Set
Irish director Lenny Abrahamson had a conviction that Emma Donoghue's best-selling novel Room would make for an equally beautiful, poignant film, ...

Weak iPhone sales affect December performance at Taiwan panel makers
Several Taiwan touch panel makers have reported more than 30% on-month revenue declines for December 2015 as a result of weak iPhone 6s and 6s ...

Jimmy Fallon, J.K. Simmons and Billy Joel Pull Off an Epic Impromptu Performance During a Commercial ...
The 'Tonight Show' host and actor joined the musician in a rendition of his doo-wop hit 'The Longest Time.'

Billy Joel: Doo-wop performance on Jimmy Fallon - EW.com
... Jimmy Fallon didn’t even occur on the show. While shooting promos for the broadcast, guest Billy Joel started an unrehearsed doo-wop performance ...

Measure Performance With a Scoreboard Index
The scoreboard index could be your next key performance indicator.

The Thinnest, Lightest Lenovo Yoga Laptop Includes Performance Trade-Offs
The design of Lenovo’s convertible Yoga laptops has stayed more or less the same since convertible laptops first became a thing, but the company ...

Cavaliers' Kyrie Irving has most dominant performance since return
Kyrie Irving had his Cavs teammates raving on Monday night after he finished with 25 points and eight assists in his sixth game of the season. ...