Firefox 3.0.3 on Mac OS 10.4.11 (and other, earlier Mac OS versions as well)

Name:    merrick Burkhardt
Email:   merrickatmacdotcom
Product: Firefox

Comments:
Sadly, Firefox is awful on every Mac I've tried it on. I have a PC as well, and I love Firefox, it's the
only browser I use on the PC. On my Macs, however... horrid.

Speed is the main issue. Compatibility, etc, is fine. Launching FF takes ages. I can literally
launch the same 2 home pages on FF and Safari by starting the apps fresh, and I will have
loaded the page, then clicked and gone at least one new page in before FF even starts to load
the first page.

Wish it could get dialed in, 'cause it's a nice browser otherwise.

Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_4_11; en) AppleWebKit/525.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Safari/525.22
From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/

see it.
0
merrick

I am using Mac OS X Version 10.4.11 (Tiger), Firefox Version 3.0.3; Firefox crashes half the time: File > Print > Save as PDF
Name: mike Email: m_salantatyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: I am using Mac OS X Version 10.4.11 (Tiger), Firefox Version 3.0.3; Firefox crashes half the time: File > Print > Save as PDF Comments: And the resulting PDF is a mess, it cannot be opened, and it gives no indication of damage until you try to open it. In other words, after crashing and restarting firefox several times, one can be left with a number of PDFs that are absolutely CRAP (one for each crash). There is a crash reporter which analyses this, but I am not a techie; parsing complaints seem to be ...

Updated to Firefox 3.5.3, but version still lists as 3.5.2 (Mac OS X 10.4.11 on G4)
.. . . After upgrading to 3.5.3 (and doing a browser-menu Help>Release Notes opening a tab showing it's 3.5.3), I find the computer's hierarchical listing of applications still shows version 3.5.2, and selecting its icon for a command-get info brings a window identifying it as version 3.5.2. I can't find any other version of Firefox with a later installation date or in a different location on the computer, a 512mb-RAM 1.33GHz Power PC G4 5-yr.-old Mac mini with OS X 10.4.11 (the highest allowed on a non-Intel Mac). Why won't the listing show the current version num...

can't downlooad files in firefox 3.0.4 on mac OS 10.4.11
Name: denis levesque Email: levesquedotdnatvideotrondotca Product: Firefox Summary: can't downlooad files in firefox 3.0.4 on mac OS 10.4.11 Comments: I need an answer, especially not tell me to look in the forum ....ok!! Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10.4; en-US; rv:1.9.0.4) Gecko/2008102920 Firefox/3.0.4 From URL: Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Firefox 3.0.1 will not start on Mac OS 10.4.11
Name: Marsha Presley Email: swmartianatfastmaildotfm Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.0.1 will not start on Mac OS 10.4.11 Comments: Won't start up --> Crash report Try starting in safe mode --> Crash report Move profile to a temp folder, force FF to start with new profile --> Crash report. Does 3.0.1 work at all? Why the auto-update if you guys were not ready? I'm not at all amused. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:1.8.1.16) Gecko/20080702 Firefox/2.0.0.16 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

after 3.6.3 upgrade, Firefox won't open at all on Mac OS 10.4.11
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: after 3.6.3 upgrade, Firefox won't open at all on Mac OS 10.4.11 Comments: After download, I tried to restart Firefox, but it won't open. The icon just bounces twice and nothing happens. Please fix this! Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10_4_11; en) AppleWebKit/531.22.7 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Safari/531.22.7 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to ...

Firefox 3.0.4 vs Mac OS 10.4
Name: Bruce Kelly Email: kellybeatgvnidotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.0.4 vs Mac OS 10.4 Comments: Since upgrading to Firefox 3 on Mac OS 10.4, Firefox keeps crashing every time I open a new window. Is this going to get fixed any time soon? Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10.4; en-US; rv:1.9.0.4) Gecko/2008102920 Firefox/3.0.4 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Firefox 3.0 on Mac OS X 10.4.11 (german) confusing menues with Shared Menus of URLManager Pro
Name: Kara Email: karameatgmxdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.0 on Mac OS X 10.4.11 (german) confusing menues with Shared Menus of URLManager Pro Comments: If I use automatic starting of URLManager Pro 3.4.5 on Mac OSX 10.4.11 with the help of Shared Menus Component menue of Firefox 3 becomes confusing. With each click step after step menue items doubled. After a while FF3 crashes. With FF2 there was no problems. I know SharedMenus is not a stable piece of software, but I love its fuctionality. Kara Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10...

what the hell, Firefox? Constant freezing by Firefox 2.0.0.12/Mac OS 10.4.11
Name: hhw Product: Firefox Summary: what the hell, Firefox? Constant freezing by Firefox 2.0.0.12/Mac OS 10.4.11 Comments: I'm sending this comment via Safari, where I plan to stay despite several happy years using your browser. However, I'm sick of having to force-quit the app dozens of times a day when a slow network connection while an image or blog widget attempts to load makes the browser freeze up permanently. Here's a description of the problem by the founder of Livejournal: http://brad.livejournal.com/2369648.html Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Ma...

RE Firefox 3.0 and versions of Mac OS X.3
Name: Brenda Bouschard Email: DoubleB10atcoxdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: RE Firefox 3.0 and versions of Mac OS X.3 Comments: I am concerned about the transition that is to happen in 12-2008, when Mozilla Firefox will no longer be supported in the Mac OS X.3 versions. It is my understanding that current versions of Firefox will cease, and Mozilla Firefox 3.0 will be the only availability. What do you plan to do about Mac users OS X.3 (and even previous versions of Mac.) I particularly enjoy your browsers and use them quite often; however, I have no intentions of upgra...

Firefox 3.0 on Mac OS X 10.3, Windows 2000
Name: Dan Email: irixdudeatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.0 on Mac OS X 10.3, Windows 2000 Comments: Hello, I am absolutely loving Firefox 3.0. However I am only able to run it on Windows 2000 as my other office computers are Macs running OS X 10.3. Why is 10.3 not supported? A large number of newspaper, ad, and other publishing offices have a great deal of computers running NT 4 (which is no longer supported), Windows 2000 (which I hope will be supported in Firefox 4), and Mac OS X 10.3 (which isn't supported but I sure wish it was). I can understand no...

cannot reach http://www.sbjobs.com/ with firefox ver. 2.0.0.11 on Mac OS 10.3.9
Name: Walter Thoma Email: wrthomaataoldotcom Product: Firefox Summary: cannot reach http://www.sbjobs.com/ with firefox ver. 2.0.0.11 on Mac OS 10.3.9 Comments: Page reads: Server 1 Missing www, Old Browser, or Inactive Domain You have reached this page for one or more of the following reasons: 1) You forgot to type the www. in front of the domain name. http://www.webhostingprovider.com is correct, http://webhostingprovider.com may not work. 2) The domain may be inactive, closed, or out of service. Email us the domain you you tried to reach at (remove the spaces) n...

Encoding Problem Fireofox 3.0.3 on Mac OS 10.4.11
I'm using PowerBook G4 12". Running on OS 10.4.11 Firefox 3.0.3 Couple of days ago I did a standard OS updates. Including the latest security update. Since then, Firefox started to have encoding problem. The text displaying "squares" instead of letters of alphabets. I tried to change character encoding to all different settings and it didn't work. I than was reading on another post about deleting prefs.js. this fixed the problem for the first time, when I reload the web-page it went back to gibberish again. I don't know if it's a firefox or OS proble...

Firefox 3.0.3 will not start (Mac OS 10.5.5)
I have a Macbook, installed Firefox 3.0.3, under Administrator account, firefox runs no problem. The macbook joins a mac domain, if a domain user (not mobile account) logs in the macbook, click Firefox and nothing happen. I have delete .plist, profile, reinstall but no luck Any suggestions to make firefox work please? Thanks Peter Peter wrote: > I have a Macbook, installed Firefox 3.0.3, under Administrator > account, firefox runs no problem. The macbook joins a mac domain, if a > domain user (not mobile account) logs in the macbook, click Firefox > and nothing happen....

Firefox 3 beta 1 on Mac OS 10.4.11
Name: Jaden Smith Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3 beta 1 on Mac OS 10.4.11 Comments: Embedded Flash objects are not always rendering correctly. More often than not they are invisible but when I scroll the page the object flickers on and off. When I stop scrolling it has disappeared again. Looking really good though. Thanks for the Cocoa widgets -- all we need now is Keychain integration and you've made the perfect browser :-) Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/523.12 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0.4 Safari/523.12 ...

Web resources about - Firefox 3.0.3 on Mac OS 10.4.11 (and other, earlier Mac OS versions as well) - mozilla.feedback.firefox

Android version history - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Global Android version distribution since December 2009. As of September 2013, Android 4.1/4.2 Jelly Bean is the most widely-used Android version, ...

Microsoft developing iPhone version of its Swype-like Word Flow keyboard for Windows Phone
... For more news on Apps , Microsoft , and Keyboards continue reading at 9to5Mac . What do you think? Discuss "Microsoft developing iPhone version ...

Microsoft is making a special version of 'Minecraft' for the classroom — here's why
Today, Microsoft announced "Minecraft: Education Edition," a special version of the smash-hit game that's designed for the classroom. To make ...

EA Sports UFC 2 adds two versions of Mike Tyson as preorder bonus
You can play as Iron Mike Tyson and Legacy Mike Tyson.

Microsoft won't support old Windows versions on new processors
Were you hoping to get a new Windows PC in the office this year without having to move to Windows 10 in the process? You might not have much ...

Only the Latest Version of Windows Will Run on Some Future CPUs
If you thought the days of CPU—OS incompatibilities were behind you, think again. It’s quietly been announced that some future silicon will only ...

The Reason Why We Still Haven't Seen Civil War's Version of Spider-Man
Stan Lee talks about a Star Wars / Marvel crossover movie, because of course he does. Maisie Williams adds another twist to Game of Thrones ’ ...

Exclusive: Nerf's Fall Lineup Includes a Fully Automatic Version of its 70 MPH Rival Blaster
Announced just before the New York Toy Fair last year, Nerf’s Rival blasters , which launched tiny foam balls at speeds of up to 70 miles per ...

Trisha Yearwood Cast In ‘The Passion’ On Fox – A Live Musical Event Depicting A Modern Day Version Of ...
... The Passion was written by Peter Barsocchini ( High School Musical) and is based on a Dutch production of the same name. The Dutch version ...

Honda N-One Kei Mini Truck Concept Is Adorable, Comes With Toy Version
Few Honda platforms have proven as versatile as the N-series. The N-One specifically has had a “ natural ” concept. The N Box Slash has a “ camper ...