Firefox 3.0 has broken the little AppleScript support remaining in Firefox

Name:    James Yost
Email:   mrpersonatearthlinkdotnet
Product: Firefox

Comments:
In previous versions of Firefox there was slight AppleScript support.
Version 3 has broken what remained (i.e. properties of window n). The
Macintosh community would welcome more AppleScript support - At least a
"do javascript" command from AppleScript would help a great deal.

Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:1.8.1.14) Gecko/20080404 Firefox/2.0.0.14
From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/
0
James
6/26/2008 7:51:42 PM
mozilla.feedback.firefox 118464 articles. 4 followers. Post Follow

Home disappears in Firefox 3.0 and Firefox 3.0.3
Name: J. Gonyeau Email: gja352atyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Home disappears in Firefox 3.0 and Firefox 3.0.3 Comments: The following has been an ongoing problem for the past 2-3 weeks. I am using Windows XP SP3. In both products, Firefox 3.0 and 3.0.3, the home page (I usually have 3 tabbed sites on startup) disappears and a black page appears. When I press the home button, I get the Mozilla Google page. The only way of getting the correct home is to reload Firefox. The problem is occurring on a 1-3 day interval. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; W...

How to roll back to Firefox 3.0.3 from Firefox 3.0.4
After I updated to firefox 3.0.4 I could no longer connect to the internet. Says server not found. Tried several web sites, including google and yahoo. It appears that the problem is with zonealarm firewall. If I turn off the firewall, the pages load. However, zonealarm normaly would ask me to allow it to connect to the internet. But is not since asking me about firefox, just blocking it. Never had that problem before. So while I figure that out, just like to go back to 3.0.3 Thanks for any help I can get. On 16.11.2008 09:30, CET - what odd quirk of fate ca...

FireFox up to FireFox 3.0
Name: Steve Email: woipatonlinedotde Product: Firefox Summary: FireFox up to FireFox 3.0 Comments: with intervals the Firefox Browser displays a false page reproduction. The interval can be short or longer. These effects have I got in all FF versions. What is the reason of this Browser behavior? Is it a sytem fault? Or is the reason elsewhere to find? sincerely yours, Steve Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; de; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008052906 Firefox/3.0 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Firefox 3.0 Beta 3 look better than Firefox 3.0 Beta 4 buttons
Name: Nikita Email: rcplain123atgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Firefox 3.0 Beta 3 look better than Firefox 3.0 Beta 4 buttons Comments: Firefox 3.0 Beta 3 look better than Firefox 3.0 Beta 4 buttons. The simple colors of Beta 3 "Back" and "Forward" buttons end up looking better. Also the skinny "Refresh" and "Stop" buttons do not look good. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9b4) Gecko/2008030714 Firefox/3.0b4 ...

Firefox or not Firefox

Firefox 3.0 exits but firefox.exe process remains
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9) Gecko/ 2008052906 Firefox/3.0 Running WindowsSP with firefox 3.0 just installed (Help/About shows the above and "version 3.0" - why not "release candidate"?) Appears to be working well. But when I exit firefox, even from "Exit" the firefox.exe remainsAfter 10 minutes I tried to start firefox again and it comes up as though it has no profile - no bookmark, no history, back/forwards buttons have no impact etc. I rebooted - no solution. Ran full scan of Norton 360 - nothing. No one else seems to h...

Firefox 3.0.3 renders css differently than firefox 2.0.17
Name: David Gens Email: david2thegreate-scapedotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.0.3 renders css differently than firefox 2.0.17 Comments: The css was verified using http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/ and works just fine on the version 2 but not on version 3. I'll be glad to send you the css file and the the html files if you need them. If you could point me to any information as to the diferences in the two css engines I'll try to get you any information I can gleen Thanks Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.17) Ge...

Firefox 3.0 & Firefox 2.0
Name: Kenneth Chen Email: kennethchen135athotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.0 & Firefox 2.0 Comments: I've used the newest version of Firefox 3.0 & found not satisfactory to read Chinese language of Character Code "Traditional Big 5". The words overlap to each other & are difficult to read. Some websites of English language are still in the version of Firefox 2.0. So the lines of some part of the website are overlapping and are difficult to read in the version Firefox 3.0. The website of Westpac Bank www.westpac.com.au is an exa...

When I upgrade to Firefox 3.5.2 I am no longer able to start Firefox. I retreat to install Firefox Setup 3.0.5 and everything works fine.
Name: James R McMillan Product: Firefox Summary: When I upgrade to Firefox 3.5.2 I am no longer able to start Firefox. I retreat to install Firefox Setup 3.0.5 and everything works fine. Comments: Windows XP Version 2002 Service Pack 3 Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.5) Gecko/2008120122 Firefox/3.0.5 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Backed off firefox 3.0.5 to firefox 2.0.0.20
Name: Jack Werner Email: jndotwernerathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Backed off firefox 3.0.5 to firefox 2.0.0.20 Comments: I upgraded to firefox 3.0.5 and lost functionality. My home page no longer "sticks" between repeated invocations of firefox. My Usernames don't "stick" either. With 2.0.0.20 I have this functionality. That is why I backleveled to it. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.20) Gecko/20081217 Firefox/2.0.0.20 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expe...

I have two Firefox ---one is Firefox 3 the otheris Firefox 3 Beta 3 on my computersame time
Name: Geraldine Harless Email: gharless73athotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: I have two Firefox ---one is Firefox 3 the otheris Firefox 3 Beta 3 on my computersame time Comments: HELP can you help me? Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1b3) Gecko/20090305 Firefox/3.1b3 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

in Firefox 2.0.0.6 Firefox 2.0.0.3 is still downloading under Help
Name: Marika Email: controlatrocketpropdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: in Firefox 2.0.0.6 Firefox 2.0.0.3 is still downloading under Help Comments: Circle spinning next to Downloading Firefox 2.0.0.3 but Firefox 2.0.0.6 has been downloaded and installed. MacBook (Intel)Boot Camp installation WinXP Pro SP2 Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/20070725 Firefox/2.0.0.6 ...

New Firefox 3.0.1, error console, How do I get rid of Firefox 3.0.1
Name: Robert Schlentz Email: approachatminndotnet Product: Firefox Summary: New Firefox 3.0.1, error console, How do I get rid of Firefox 3.0.1 Comments: I just finished loading Firefox 3.0.1 The error console had these warnings Each of the errors occurred several times. Warning: Unknown property 'align'. Declaration dropped. Source File: http://www.tc-ieee.org/ Line: 0 Warning: Expected declaration but found '*'. Skipped to next declaration. Source File: http://www.mozilla.com/includes/yui/2.5.1/reset-fonts-grids/reset-fonts-grids.css Line: 7 Warning: ...

No Firefox/3.0.13 tie-over to Firefox 3.5
Name: John Anderson Email: johnandersonattelusplanetdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: No Firefox/3.0.13 tie-over to Firefox 3.5 Comments: I have d/l 3.5, which is non-functional (issues mainly with boomarks and refresh), among others. I am currently a fully functional Firefox/3.0.13 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) user and would be happy there if the download speed was as fast as it is said 3.5 is. 3.0.13 is a little slow getting going on startup. I have tried, without success, to use MozBackup to bring my bookmarks from 3.0.13 into 3.5. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; ...

Web resources about - Firefox 3.0 has broken the little AppleScript support remaining in Firefox - mozilla.feedback.firefox

AppleScript - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
AppleScript is a scripting language created by Apple Inc. and built into Macintosh operating systems since System 7 . The term "AppleScript" ...

Mac App Store - Location Helper for AppleScript
Get Location Helper for AppleScript on the Mac App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

AppleScript - 9to5Mac
... of all mobile spam messages [...] “It’s almost like a spammer’s dream,” says Cloudmark’s Tom Landesman. “With four lines of code, using Applescripts, ...

Macworld.Ars: AppleScript comes to Numbers, Pages ’09
Ars Technica takes a look under the hood of iWork '09 and finds newly-minted …

AppleScript fun: Previewing HTML from TextWrangler
Bare Bones' TextWrangler is a very useful tool for Web developers, but lacks options for quickly previewing HTML code in your Web browser.

CNN.com - Technology - Review: AppleScript adds powerful new features - January 23, 2001
AppleScript is simultaneously one of the most-powerful and one of the least-used Macintosh utilities, the latter partially due to serious deficiencies ...

10 AppleScripts to make you love your Mac (even more)
AppleScript can let you automate tedious tasks and add a slew of useful features. We offer 10 ways you can use it to make your life easier.

Numbers App Adds Back Applescript Support, And More
Do you hear that tinkling, rattling sound? That’s the sound of a million teeth skittering across the floor tiles as their previous owners relax ...

AppleScript Articles on Engadget
AppleScript articles, stories, news and information.

yojimbo applescripts - Google-Suche
29 Oct 2009 ... Writing this article has been difficult. The fact is, I couldn't stand Yojimbo until a few weeks ago. And I swear, I wanted ...