FireFox 3 -- Hide "Bookmarks Toolbar" from drop down menu on a Mac

Name:    Morgan
Email:   xmbwdathotmaildotcom
Product: Firefox

Comments:
Please!  Add a function in the next build of FF3 to hide the "Bookmarks
Toolbar" from the "Bookmarks" drop down menu.

It is in the way and its usefulness is NOT through the drop down menu,
but rather the Bookmarks Toolbar:  There is no reason to give it such a
prominent space on the bookmarks toolbar.

Although there is a CSS workaround for PCs, it does not work for Macs.

Please consider fixing this.  Lots of folks HATE it:

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=671985&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=15
http://support.mozilla.com/tiki-view_forum_thread.php?locale=en-US&comments_parentId=67314&forumId=1

Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10.4; en-US; rv:1.9.0.1) Gecko/2008070206 Firefox/3.0.1
From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/
0
Morgan
8/28/2008 3:50:56 AM
mozilla.feedback.firefox 118464 articles. 7 followers. Post Follow

firefox "bookmarks manager" "bookmarks toolbar" "same order"
I did a web and groups search for the subject line to try to find an answer, but came up dry. I'm running Firefox2 on an XP machine. The problem is this: For some reason, Bookmarks Manager does not list the bookmarks in the same order as the bookmarks toolbar. It used to. How can I make it do it again? "Restore natural order" does nothing. I want the order in Bookmarks Manager to change to reflect the order on the bookmarks toolbar. I used to be able to make a change in Bookmarks Manager and it would immediately be reflected in the bookmarks toolbar and would li...

Firefox 3 Beta 3
Name: Keith M. Email: keith0256atgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Firefox 3 Beta 3 - two "Get Bookmark Add-ons". on Bookmarks menu Comments: Nothing to add, just seeing two menu choices that both say "Get Bookmark Add-ons", both have the blue plus icon in front of them. I am not currently running any bookmark add-ons. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9b3) Gecko/2008020514 Firefox/3.0b3 ...

suggestion to improve the "bookmark toolbar" in Firefox 3
Name: Simon Geißler Email: geisslerdotsimonatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: suggestion to improve the "bookmark toolbar" in Firefox 3 Comments: Hello, congratulations! I'm very impressed by the new version an I'm also happy that there is a great web-browser like Firefox! Thanks! My suggestion to improve the navigation through the web is as follows: Would it be possible to create the bookmark toolbar beneath the adress-bar like an little library? That might look like now but maybe with a tiny little scrollbar at the right of the toolbar to show t...

Firefox:mac 3.6.2 refuses to open, after invoking "Restart Firefox" command
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox:mac 3.6.2 refuses to open, after invoking "Restart Firefox" command Comments: I'm using Snow Leopard 10.6.2. I updated to 3.6.2 from the automated update, and after it installed and checked add-on compatibility, Firefox refused to open anymore, even after reinstalling. I tried uninstalling 3.6.2 including removing related files, and reinstalling but the same problem arose. Problem seems to be limited to 3.6.2, as after reinstalling a fresh copy of *3.6* from scratch there isn't any problem now. Seems like 3.6.2 can...

Firefox 3.1 b3 on Mac OSX 10.56 MacBookAir, "home" and "end" substitutes
Name: Jesse Coleman Email: jcolema1atgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Firefox 3.1 b3 on Mac OSX 10.56 MacBookAir, "home" and "end" substitutes Comments: On a mac laptop, pressing "cmd+rightarrow" or "cmd+leftarrow" usually works like the "home" and "end" buttons on a larger keyboard, but these shortcuts do not work in the Mac version of Firefox 3 (not 3 or 3.1 beta). Can you add these shortcuts? Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:1.9.1b3) Gecko/20090305 ...

Swappable Bookmarks Toolbar: Make it so you can take any Bookmark "Folder" from your bookmarks and make it the active Bookmark Toolbar "swap toolbar"
Name: Glen Burton Email: glenburton2004atearthlinkdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Swappable Bookmarks Toolbar: Make it so you can take any Bookmark "Folder" from your bookmarks and make it the active Bookmark Toolbar "swap toolbar" Comments: Swappable Bookmarks Toolbar Basic Idea: Make it so you can take any FOLDER (from your bookmarks), and make it the active Bookmark Toolbar... "swap toolbar" Summery: Make the contents of every Folder in "Bookmarks" a possible Bookmark Toolbar. Make it so you can take any Bookmark fol...

Suggest change title of shortcut from "send feedback" to "send firefox feedback"
Name: Stephen, a firefox supporter Product: Firefox Summary: Suggest change title of shortcut from "send feedback" to "send firefox feedback" Comments: I just downloaded FF beta3 and it suggested dragging the feedback button onto the bookmarks toolbar. However once it is there it is not clear to the tester/user some time later that it is for firefox and not one of the potentially-many other applications on their PC. I therefore suggest you change title of shortcut from "send feedback" to "send firefox feedback". No big deal, but an easy...

With the latest version of Firefox 3.0 you have lost the "New Folder" from the bookmarks folder dropdown menu
Name: Anand Keathley Email: eekleyatefndotorg Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: With the latest version of Firefox 3.0 you have lost the "New Folder" from the bookmarks folder dropdown menu Comments: This new version of Firefox removes the ability to create a new bookmarks folder that previously existed in the bookmarks folder dropdown menu. I do not see anywhere to create a new bookmarks folder. That is a BIG problem. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10.4; en-US; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008051202 Firefox/3.0 From URL: http://hendrix.mozi...

Firefox 3.0.3 "opposite" mouse menu broke
With Firefox 3.0.1 and versions below I get a complete menu when I push the opposite mouse button, if your right handed then its the left mouse button or vv, but I'm using a pen and its the lowest button on the pen which activates that menu, not the tip. With Firefox 3.0.3 that menu is severe truncated, its not possible to show a picture in a sperate menu as an example. Seems to be a bug, but an odd one, because in previous versions it did work well. Any ideas or solutions? Regards, Joop On 04.10.08 15:49, Joop.Nijenhuis@gmail.com wrote: > With Firefox 3.0.1 and versions be...

Firefox 3 beta 3: "drop down" for back button is confusing
Name: Oleg Rekutin Email: olegmozillaatuksilanddotcom Product: Gran Paradiso Summary: Firefox 3 beta 3: "drop down" for back button is confusing Comments: The "dropdown" for the back button looks like it is a dropdown for the front button. Confusing. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9b3) Gecko/2008020514 Firefox/3.0b3 ...

merge "bookmarks" with "toolbar bookmarks"
Name: Esteban Email: estebandotbarahonaatgmaildotcom Product: Gran Paradiso Summary: merge "bookmarks" with "toolbar bookmarks" Comments: I never liked much the separation between "bookmarks that are in the toolbar" and "other bookmarks", because there is no reason for it… or so I thought. I ended using "other bookmarks" as some form of swap or temporal websites to read once and delete after readed. However with the change in the bookmark system there is now 3 main categories of bookmarks: toolbar, other, not archived. "...

Not working in Firefox 3.1b2: "Save Image As", "Save Link As", and "Save Page As"
Name: Thaddeus Polit Email: ThaddeusdotPolitatlmcodotcom Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Not working in Firefox 3.1b2: "Save Image As", "Save Link As", and "Save Page As" Comments: Firefox 3.1b2 - When I click "Save Image As", "Save link As", or "Save Page As", nothing happens. The "Save As" dialog does not appear. Due to this problem, I have been forced to start using I.E. Yuck! Please help! Sincerely, Thaddeus Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1b2) G...

"Firefox" or "Gecko"
Hi, In a lot of places in MDN, like in https://developer.mozilla.org/En/DOM/Attr#Deprecated_properties_and_methods one can see a mention of "Starting in Gecko 7.0 (Firefox 7.0 / Thunderbird 7.0 / SeaMonkey 2.4)...". What is in parens is generated by a template. This was relevant when Gecko/Firefox numbers where different, but I'm wondering if this is necessary anymore for webdev-oriented documentation. I think that since Firefox 4, it would be relevant to just write "Starting in Firefox 7..." (even the ".0" can be dropped I think). This i...

Prefer Firefox 2 to new "features" of Firefox 3
Name: Wyn Snow Email: wsnowatwebsites4smallbusinessdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Prefer Firefox 2 to new "features" of Firefox 3 Comments: I do NOT like the new "look and feel" of Firefox 3. I don't need/like metallic. It is harder to read. I want the choice of being able to have it look the same as Firefox 2 with white/readable tabs. I do not like the "long" version of history. I am quite happy just seeing the http's. The new version makes it harder to see/find the https. I do not like having a "Most Visited" links suddenly ...

Saving "Surf Sessions" on Firefox instead of "bookmarking all tabs"
Name: Sebastián Zegers Email: szegersatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Saving "Surf Sessions" on Firefox instead of "bookmarking all tabs" Comments: I love your product, and use it daily, and there is one feature that i believe could work GREAT in the next version. I work with tabs all the time, specially when i'm just surfing, investigating subject i don't know of, looking for an especific product or video or blog. Many times, i have to stop my work to resume it later, and all i can do is "Save All Tabs" but it's not qui...