Firefox 3 Beta 2 menus inconsistently use "..." and "…"

Name:    Patrick Bernier
Email:   patatTZoNEdotORG
Product: Firefox

Comments:
I am running Firefox 3 Beta 2, English version, on a Japanese version of
Windows XP. The "Help" menu looks like this:

Report Broken web site…
Report Web Forgery...
Check for Updates…

It looks very inconsistent and not very professional. IMHO all English
menus should simply use three ASCII periods. Besides, the glyph for …
tends to look very different depending on the font used (sometimes it's
on the baseline, sometimes it's vertically centered, sometimes it's very
narrow, sometimes very wide...)

--
Patrick Bernier <pat@TZoNE.ORG>

Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9b2) Gecko/2007121120 Firefox/3.0b2
0
Patrick
2/4/2008 4:14:12 AM
mozilla.feedback.firefox 118464 articles. 7 followers. Post Follow

"Firefox" or "Gecko"
Hi, In a lot of places in MDN, like in https://developer.mozilla.org/En/DOM/Attr#Deprecated_properties_and_methods one can see a mention of "Starting in Gecko 7.0 (Firefox 7.0 / Thunderbird 7.0 / SeaMonkey 2.4)...". What is in parens is generated by a template. This was relevant when Gecko/Firefox numbers where different, but I'm wondering if this is necessary anymore for webdev-oriented documentation. I think that since Firefox 4, it would be relevant to just write "Starting in Firefox 7..." (even the ".0" can be dropped I think). This i...

Using "+" or "||"

"Using" or "With"

.ALLCOL("%COLUMN%", " ", ", ", ", ")

"Padding" does not space correctly in Firefox 3 while using "px" as the unit.
Name: Aaron Jacobs Email: samusaaron3atgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: "Padding" does not space correctly in Firefox 3 while using "px" as the unit. Comments: In Firefox 3 for Mac OSX (I am using a computer with a PowerPC Processor), the spacing for "Padding" is incorrect while using "px" as the unit (it seems to be too large). You can view an example at the following address: http://naturedesigns.net/sep/about.html The names of each person should start at the tops of their respective pictures. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0...

Renaming of "Firefox only" to "Toolkit only"
As discussed on irc, lots of pages have the mention "Firefox only", or "Not in Firefox" [1] [2]. That's not very correct technically, as other apps like XULRunner or Thunderbird are also concerned by the "Firefox only" texts. It was proposed to rename those to "Toolkit only" / "Not in toolkit". Those texts should be templatized for easier management. It was also discussed if pre-toolkit stuff should be supported, but I guess that's another debate ;-) I'm not taking action on this personally, that was to open the d...

Not working in Firefox 3.1b2: "Save Image As", "Save Link As", and "Save Page As"
Name: Thaddeus Polit Email: ThaddeusdotPolitatlmcodotcom Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Not working in Firefox 3.1b2: "Save Image As", "Save Link As", and "Save Page As" Comments: Firefox 3.1b2 - When I click "Save Image As", "Save link As", or "Save Page As", nothing happens. The "Save As" dialog does not appear. Due to this problem, I have been forced to start using I.E. Yuck! Please help! Sincerely, Thaddeus Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1b2) G...

Firefox 3.6 beta 1
Name: Jeff Wygum Email: jwygumatnorsedotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.6 beta 1 - New feature "Personas" Install fails with "Not compatible w/3.6b1" Comments: Firefox 3.6 beta 1 - New feature "Personas" Install fails with "Not compatible w/3.6b1" Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2b1) Gecko/20091029 Firefox/3.6b1 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must...

quotes, quotes, quotes...

the "Windows Live" "Help Center" "does not support" Firefox
Name: ets3rodamar@hotmail.com Email: ets3rodamarathotmaildotcom Product: Minefield Summary: the "Windows Live" "Help Center" "does not support" Firefox Comments: I received the following info when I tried to access the "Help Central" service of "Windows Live" "http://g.live.com/9uxp9en-us/ftr2?productkey=wlhomepage"...: https://account.live.com/error.aspx?errcode=1047&mkt=de-de [quote] Browser wird nicht unterstützt Versuchen Sie, Ihren Browser auf eine neuere Version zu aktualisieren, um sich be...

firefox "bookmarks manager" "bookmarks toolbar" "same order"
I did a web and groups search for the subject line to try to find an answer, but came up dry. I'm running Firefox2 on an XP machine. The problem is this: For some reason, Bookmarks Manager does not list the bookmarks in the same order as the bookmarks toolbar. It used to. How can I make it do it again? "Restore natural order" does nothing. I want the order in Bookmarks Manager to change to reflect the order on the bookmarks toolbar. I used to be able to make a change in Bookmarks Manager and it would immediately be reflected in the bookmarks toolbar and would li...

Firefox Beta 3
Name: Will Blanchette Email: blanchettebbataoldotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox Beta 3 - Download Manager is lacking "clear list" and "remove" options Comments: The download manager for the Firefox 3 Beta seems to work better than version 2 for pausing and getting large files, but after only one try I miss the quick links to options like, "open," "clear list," and "remove from list." Obviously, you can just double-click to open or right click to open a list of the options, but the other set-up was more direct. Browse...

The "add new tab" "+" button is not easy to access on Firefox 3.1 Beta
Name: Flavio Serra Product: Firefox Summary: The "add new tab" "+" button is not easy to access on Firefox 3.1 Beta Comments: I have to scroll with the mouse all to the right. it was easier with a button in the navigation toolbar. Easiest way is as MS Exlorer or Google Chrome (in my view). best regards Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1b1) Gecko/20081007 Firefox/3.1b1 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you...

Web resources about - Firefox 3 Beta 2 menus inconsistently use "..." and "…" - mozilla.feedback.firefox

Inconsistently Sized Launcher Icons Will Be A Thing Of The Past With Nova Launcher's Upcoming 'Icon Normalization' ...
Google has always encouraged developers to design their app icons with a "unique silhouette." This gives designers the freedom to come up with ...

Dutch court declines to rule inconsistently with UK courts on Galaxy Tab design patent case
The Netherlands is one of almost a dozen countries in which Apple and Samsung are suing each other. Today the Rechtbank 's-Gravenhage (The Hague ...

Scars on Mars: NASA finds landing blasts fade inconsistently
After a few years of watching over NASA’s Mars Curiosity landing site the space agency has found that blast marks made by the initial decent ...

Bits: Nike FuelBand Tracks Physical Activity Inconsistently
A wearable exercise tracker sounds like a great incentive for physical fitness. But a reporter found frustration in the way it measured her daily ...

The UK NCP's Initial Assessment Does Not Indicate SOCO has Acted Inconsistently With... LONDON, February ...
LONDON, February 14, 2014 /PRNewswire/ The UK NCP's Initial Assessment Does Not Indicate SOCO has Acted Inconsistently With the Guidelines.

Clinical trial results inconsistently reported among journals, government website, study suggests
Medical researchers often presented the findings of their clinical trials in a different way on a federal government website than they did in ...

Why Do Trees Change Color So Inconsistently?
ts It's chilly in Seattle today and the leaves are getting down to the business of senescence and death. But their changing of the color-guard ...

Movie Review: Jonah Hill’s Inconsistently Funny The Sitter
This is one confused movie. That's not wholly bad.

Courts rule inconsistently on corporate identities
When the Supreme Court ruled in Citizens United vs. Federal Elections Commission in 2010, it effectively stated that corporations are people ...

STUDY: Gender Is Defined Inconsistently In Transgender Equality Debates
... to use boys’ facilities, nor any suggestion that a trans boy could “inherently harass” other boys. The post STUDY: Gender Is Defined Inconsistently ...