Firefox 2.0.0.7 causes Windows XP error #2

Name:    D C DowDell
Email:   mailatapassion4jazzdotnet
Product: Firefox

Comments:
Windows XP Home now displays "not found" type error when Firefox 2.0.0.7
is used as default windows browser accessing local files on machine. The
files do exist and are found, but the alert is shown anyway. This never
happened in previous builds of Firefox, and it started immediately after
automatic upgrade.

If Firefox is already open, then this error does not happen.

Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.7) Gecko/20070914 Firefox/2.0.0.7

Firefox 2.0.0.7 causes Windows XP error
Name: D C DowDell Email: mailatapassion4jazzdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 2.0.0.7 causes Windows XP error Comments: Windows XP Home now displays "not found" type error when Firefox 2.0.0.7 is used as default windows browser accessing local files on machine. The files do exist and are found, but the alert is shown anyway. This never happened in previous builds of Firefox, and it started immediately after automatic upgrade. If Firefox is already open, then this error does not happen. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1...

firefox 2.0.0.1 and 2.0.0.2 download window problem
I am having a problem with the download options in the browser. Hope I can explain this correctly so it makes sense. I went to "options" "download" and tried changing it there for various settings with no change. Problem just started with 2.0.01 and unfortunately the browser updated to 2.0.0.2 before I could stop it but problems still there. My other computer works fine with both versions so I think something got corrupted but don't know what or how to fix it. I don't want to uninstall FF and reinstall it and lose all my bookmarks. Is there a r...

XP SP2 DDE problems with Firefox anyone? (v.2.0.0.2 and 2.0.0.3)
I had a strange issue crop up the other day, shortly after (but not immediately after) I had upgraded Firefox to v2.0.0.3. Every time I launched a shortcut, or typed a URL from the "run..." line, I got an error message: :"Windows cannot find '[full url here]'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, :and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start button, and then :click Search." [Dialogue button: OK] The site would launch normally, but the annoying dialogue would always pop up. If the browser was open already, there was no error message. ...

Buggy firefox 2.0.0.2 and 2.0.0.3
Name: badidea Email: very_bad_ideaathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Buggy firefox 2.0.0.2 and 2.0.0.3 Comments: I don't know what changed since 2.0.0.1 but the new releases (2.0.0.2, 2.0.0.3) seem very buggy. Random crashes, slow responses and additionally problems with administrator rights. I had similar problems on 2 out of 2 systems. Best solution for me (and probably a lot of other users) is to go back to 2.0.0.1 and disable automatic update. Success! Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.1) Gecko/20061204 Firefox/2....

FireFox 2.0.0.7 not working opposed to 2.0.0.6
Name: Infra Red Product: Firefox Summary: FireFox 2.0.0.7 not working opposed to 2.0.0.6 Comments: Possible Problem I am not sure if it is because my firewall hasn't picked up the version change yet but if it is not so the new version doesn't work for me. Possible Answer I have Sygate Firewall, It was set to permit all so maybe the version change wasn't monitored therefor not allowed. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/20070725 Firefox/2.0.0.6 ...

Firefox XP 2.0.0.8 ubuntu 2.0.0.6. Why?
I am using XP and Ubuntu 7.10. In both operating system I am using the same profile. (Symbolic link to XP partition). However, due to the difference in versions Firefox always start with a addon check. So why is Ubuntu not on version 2.0.0.8. That would solve this problem. Arjen On 10/22/2007 3:03 PM, Arjen Meijer wrote: > I am using XP and Ubuntu 7.10. In both operating system I am using the > same profile. > (Symbolic link to XP partition). > > However, due to the difference in versions Firefox always start with a > addon check. > > So why is U...

in Firefox 2.0.0.6 Firefox 2.0.0.3 is still downloading under Help
Name: Marika Email: controlatrocketpropdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: in Firefox 2.0.0.6 Firefox 2.0.0.3 is still downloading under Help Comments: Circle spinning next to Downloading Firefox 2.0.0.3 but Firefox 2.0.0.6 has been downloaded and installed. MacBook (Intel)Boot Camp installation WinXP Pro SP2 Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/20070725 Firefox/2.0.0.6 ...

Firefox "upgraded" itself from 2.0.0.12 to 2.0.0.7
Name: Pat Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox "upgraded" itself from 2.0.0.12 to 2.0.0.7 Comments: Update history is only displaying updates from 2.0.0.7 and below. Check for upgrades is not finding any. Updates were set to automatically download and install. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-AU; rv:1.8.1.7) Gecko/20070914 Firefox/2.0.0.7 ...

Firefox version 2.0.0.3 is being updated to 2.0.0.2?
Name: Russell Nelson Email: rnelsonatgenedotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox version 2.0.0.3 is being updated to 2.0.0.2? Comments: I am currently using a version of Firefox with the version number of 2.0.0.3. This is the second time that I have been told that it has now been updated to a newer version of Firefox with a version number of 2.0.0.2. I assume that 2.0.0.3 is newer (and better) than version 2.0.0.2. How can I stop this "update"? Russ Nelson 650-225-7212 Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.8.1.3) Gecko/20070...

Windows error message launching URL (Firefox 2.0.0.2)
Name: Richard Sutcliffe Email: rsutcliffeatdelphi-dolphindotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Windows error message launching URL (Firefox 2.0.0.2) Comments: I'm running Vista Home Premium and have found that although Firefox is set as the default browser that if I select a link anywhere in Windows, i.e. from Start menu favourites, or within another app such as iTunes (exception being Thunderbird), that Windows throws up an error stating it cannot find the URL. This only occurs if Firefox is not already running. The same behaviour has been seen on my father's Windows ...

Firefox 2.0.0.2 #2
Name: Ray Harris Email: vinrayolatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 2.0.0.2 Comments: Why do I keep getting reminders to download the new version of Firefox when I have already done so? Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.8.1.1) Gecko/20061204 Firefox/2.0.0.2 ...

Firefox 2.0.0.2 #2
Firefox 2.0.0.2 just out. I downloaded from Filehippo. Leif Lagerstedt Leif Lagerstedt wrote: > Firefox 2.0.0.2 just out. I downloaded from Filehippo. Why? Meaning "Why d/l from filehippo when you can get it from the source"? Just curious... -- Steve. Please reply to the group. From/ReplyTo are invalid. Screwball wrote: > Leif Lagerstedt wrote: >> Firefox 2.0.0.2 just out. I downloaded from Filehippo. > > Why? > > Meaning "Why d/l from filehippo when you can get it from the source"? > > Just curious... >...

Firefox 2.0.0.2 & 2.0.0.3 niggly problem
I just upgraded both my desktop and my laptop to FF v2.0.0.2 a couple days ago. Both began doing the same annoying thing. When I click a URL shortcut on my desktop or a link in my newsreader, an error box pops up saying "File http://blahblahblah or one of its components not found. Make sure the path and filename are correct." Then FF goes ahead and loads the page. This doesn't happen if FF is already running. If it's not running, it happens every time. I just downloaded 2.0.0.3. Same story. Any clues? -- Dale Beckett Dale Beckett wrote:...

Firefox 2.0.0.7 #2
Name: Fred Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 2.0.0.7 Comments: I have Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.7 PT version (the latest one till 23/09/07). I am used to download from sites like megaupload and for a reason the download manager only downloads 70kb or so and then ends the download. The same link with ie-tab in Firefox works so it has to be a problem in this update because before the download manager worked fine. P.S.- You have to make easier to report bugs! P.S.2 - Full Description of Firefox version: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; pt-PT; rv:1.8.1.7) Gecko/20070914 Fire...

Web resources about - Firefox 2.0.0.7 causes Windows XP error #2 - mozilla.feedback.firefox

Firefox Affiliates

Firefox OS
The latest news about Firefox OS

Techarger Firefox

Firefox Flicks : Winners

Firefox Beta Launches Social API With Facebook Messenger As Initial Partner
As originally announced earlier this month by Firefox parent Mozilla , the beta test of the Web browser’s Social API launched Monday with Facebook ...