Firefox 2.0.0.14 After security update Firefox report on every site it can't connect but IE7 can

Name:    Ruud
Email:   ruuddotreinoldatbtinternetdotcom
Product: Firefox

Comments:
I installed the by Frefox 2.0.0.14 suggested security update.

Since the restart it does not allow me to go to any webpage.
No proxy settings, plain network connection. Can connect to intrnal and
external sources throug Explorer and IE7.

Started firefox in safe mode, but the same problem is there, so it does
not seem to be related to any plugins

The message Firefox displays is:

Unable to connect

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at www.yahoo.com.

* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a
few moments.
* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.
* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make
sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

Plugins I use (but disabled in safe mode:
AdblockFilterset.GUpdater{0.3.1.3}.xpi
AdblockPlus{0.7.5.5}.xpi
All-in-OneSidebar{0.7.6}.xpi
AutoCopy{0.8}.xpi
AutoLogin{0.9}.xpi
ColorfulTabs{2.0.11}.xpi
CustomizeGoogle{0.72}.xpi
DownloadHelper{3.1}.xpi
DownloadStatusbar{0.9.6.3}.xpi
DownThemAll{1.0.3}.xpi
Fasterfox{2.0.0}.xpi
FastVideoDownload{1.6}.xpi
FEBE{5.3.1}.xpi
FeedSidebar{2.2.2}.xpi
FirefoxCompanionforeBay{1.6}.xpi
Flagfox{3.2.6}.xpi
FlashGot{1.0.4.2}.xpi
FlashVideoDownloader{0.1}.xpi
FlashVideoResourcesDownloader{1.0.1}.xpi
FoxClocks{2.4.91}.xpi
FoxTorrent{1.13}.xpi
GoogleToolbarforFirefox{3.0.20070525W}.xpi
ImageZoom{0.3.1}.xpi
MinimizeToTray{0.0.1.2006102615+}.xpi
PasswordExporter{1.1}.xpi
PermaTabs{1.7.0}.xpi
qtl{10}.xpi
ReloadEvery{3.0.0}.xpi
SnapShots{1.3.2}.xpi
TabCatalog{1.4.2008052701}.xpi
TorrentBar{0.9.1.7}.xpi
TorrentFinderToolbar{1.2.3.20080219}.xpi
UnPlug{1.6.06}.xpi
VideoDownloader{1.1.1}.xpi
WebMailNotifier{1.1.2}.xpi
Wired-Marker{1.5.08052000}.xpi
WOT{20080519}.xpi
XE.comUniversalCurrencyConverter{0.99}.xpi

Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.0.04506)
From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/
0
Ruud