FF 3.5.3 on PPC Mac OS 10.4.11 is working HORRIBLY

Name:
Email:   blethwindsatyahoodotcom
Product: Firefox

Comments:
Ever since you started updated FF 3 in the past month or so I have been
having problems with non-responsiveness, locking and just plain bad to
no performance. My wife works at Yahoo and everyone there on both PC and
Mac is complaining and having so much trouble they have switched
browsers. Sorry to see you have messed up such a good browser but if you
do not do something soon your users (like me and a lot of others at
Yahoo for instance) will leave for good. Safari is looking really good
these days.

Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10.4; en-US; rv:1.9.1.3) Gecko/20090824 Firefox/3.5.3
From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/

see it.
0
hendrix

Compiled FF 3.6 on MAC OS 10.6.3, but it is not working on MAC OS 10.5.5
Hi, I have compiled FF on MAC OSX 10.6.3 , for 32 bit , but when I try to use the same dmg in MAC OS 10.5.5 it gets crashed, below are by mozconfig file and crash report data: it is working on 10.6.3 but not on 10.5.5, please help me , thanks ************************************MOZCONFIG: ..$topsrcdir/browser/config/mozconfig mk_add_options MOZ_OBJDIR=@TOPSRCDIR@/obj-ff-32bit mk_add_options MOZ_MAKE_FLAGS="-s -j4" CC="gcc-4.2 -arch i386" CXX="g++-4.2 -arch i386" ac_add_options --target=i386-apple-darwin9.2.0 ac_add_options --enable-macos-target=10....

Updated to Firefox 3.5.3, but version still lists as 3.5.2 (Mac OS X 10.4.11 on G4)
.. . . After upgrading to 3.5.3 (and doing a browser-menu Help>Release Notes opening a tab showing it's 3.5.3), I find the computer's hierarchical listing of applications still shows version 3.5.2, and selecting its icon for a command-get info brings a window identifying it as version 3.5.2. I can't find any other version of Firefox with a later installation date or in a different location on the computer, a 512mb-RAM 1.33GHz Power PC G4 5-yr.-old Mac mini with OS X 10.4.11 (the highest allowed on a non-Intel Mac). Why won't the listing show the current version num...

Firefox 3.0.3 on Mac OS 10.4.11 (and other, earlier Mac OS versions as well)
Name: merrick Burkhardt Email: merrickatmacdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.0.3 on Mac OS 10.4.11 (and other, earlier Mac OS versions as well) Comments: Sadly, Firefox is awful on every Mac I've tried it on. I have a PC as well, and I love Firefox, it's the only browser I use on the PC. On my Macs, however... horrid. Speed is the main issue. Compatibility, etc, is fine. Launching FF takes ages. I can literally launch the same 2 home pages on FF and Safari by starting the apps fresh, and I will have loaded the page, then clicked and gone at least one new ...

Feedback FireFox from 3.0.10 to using 3.5.4 to now the new 3.5.99 beta
Name: Henry Email: nighter2athotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Feedback FireFox from 3.0.10 to using 3.5.4 to now the new 3.5.99 beta Comments: I am starting to use the 3.5.4 it was excellent... love di tit reminded me of what firefox always used to be. then when 3.0.10 came along , it would hang up , all the time I got so many people tired of it on my website... I was lucky to find this beta 3.5.4 now, i updated automatically to 3.5.99 and we shall see what is good and worth while. All i know is i dont want to have to go back to IE8 or any other IE. they...

I am using Mac OS X Version 10.4.11 (Tiger), Firefox Version 3.0.3; Firefox crashes half the time: File > Print > Save as PDF
Name: mike Email: m_salantatyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: I am using Mac OS X Version 10.4.11 (Tiger), Firefox Version 3.0.3; Firefox crashes half the time: File > Print > Save as PDF Comments: And the resulting PDF is a mess, it cannot be opened, and it gives no indication of damage until you try to open it. In other words, after crashing and restarting firefox several times, one can be left with a number of PDFs that are absolutely CRAP (one for each crash). There is a crash reporter which analyses this, but I am not a techie; parsing complaints seem to be ...

Compiled FF 3.6 on MAC OS 6.3, but it is not working on MAC OS 5.6.6
Hi, I have compiled FF on MAC OSX 6.3 , for 32 bit , but when I try to use the same in MAC OS 5.6.6, it gets crashed, below are by mozconfig file and crash report data: it is working on 10.6.3 but not on 10.5.5, please help me , thanks ************************************MOZCONFIG: ..$topsrcdir/browser/config/mozconfig mk_add_options MOZ_OBJDIR=@TOPSRCDIR@/obj-ff-32bit mk_add_options MOZ_MAKE_FLAGS="-s -j4" CC="gcc-4.2 -arch i386" CXX="g++-4.2 -arch i386" ac_add_options --target=i386-apple-darwin9.2.0 ac_add_options --enable-macos-target=10.5 ...

Gran Paradiso / Firefox 3.0 Beta 5 does not work on Mac OS 10.3.9
Name: Stewart Alexander Email: stewdotalexanderdotinboxatgmaaildotcom Product: Gran Paradiso Summary: Gran Paradiso / Firefox 3.0 Beta 5 does not work on Mac OS 10.3.9 Comments: I have a 600 Mhz 128 Mb Macintosh that I cannot upgrade to !0.4 etc. due to its hardware limitations, I tried loading firefox 3.0 Beta 5 only to find it doesn't open, why not? Not supporting older machines? Your telling me to use the newest Firefox I have to buy a new computer, rather heartbreaking. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en; rv:1.8.1.4) Gecko/20070509...

Mac OS X 10.4.11 + Firefox 3.5.1
Name: Bame Product: Firefox Summary: Mac OS X 10.4.11 + Firefox 3.5.1 Comments: "Banned/forbidden" cookies (exceptions) do not stay after closing FF. Preferences> Privacy> History> Accept Cookies from Sites> Exceptions PPC OSX 10.4.11 Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10.4; en-US; rv:1.9.1.1) Gecko/20090715 Firefox/3.5.1 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

after 3.6.3 upgrade, Firefox won't open at all on Mac OS 10.4.11
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: after 3.6.3 upgrade, Firefox won't open at all on Mac OS 10.4.11 Comments: After download, I tried to restart Firefox, but it won't open. The icon just bounces twice and nothing happens. Please fix this! Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10_4_11; en) AppleWebKit/531.22.7 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Safari/531.22.7 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to ...

Firefox 3.5.1 almost unusably slow on my Mac OS 10.4.11
Name: Seth Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.5.1 almost unusably slow on my Mac OS 10.4.11 Comments: Firefox 3.5.1 proved painfully slow my 400 MHz PowerPC G4 Mac running OS 10.4.11, with a DSL connection. Web pages were taking 30 seconds or more to load, and I encountered an approximately 5 second lag when clicking in the scroll bar before the browser would respond. I quickly downgraded to Firefox 3.0.12 out of frustration, and it is working fine. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10.4; en-US; rv:1.9.0.12) Gecko/2009070609 Firefox/3.0.12 From URL: ht...

Firefox 3.0.3 will not start (Mac OS 10.5.5)
I have a Macbook, installed Firefox 3.0.3, under Administrator account, firefox runs no problem. The macbook joins a mac domain, if a domain user (not mobile account) logs in the macbook, click Firefox and nothing happen. I have delete .plist, profile, reinstall but no luck Any suggestions to make firefox work please? Thanks Peter Peter wrote: > I have a Macbook, installed Firefox 3.0.3, under Administrator > account, firefox runs no problem. The macbook joins a mac domain, if a > domain user (not mobile account) logs in the macbook, click Firefox > and nothing happen....

Firefox 3.5.2 for Mac OS 10.4, PPC NOT STABLE when using twitterfall.com and twitter.com
Name: Keith Hazelton Email: khazeltonatearthlinkdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.5.2 for Mac OS 10.4, PPC NOT STABLE when using twitterfall.com and twitter.com Comments: crashing once every 30-45 minutes since auto-upgrade to Firefox 3.5.2 for Mac OS 10.4, PPC NOT STABLE when using twitterfall.com and twitter.com Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10.4; en-US; rv:1.9.1.2) Gecko/20090729 Firefox/3.5.2 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provi...

Firefox 3.5.3 under mac os x 10.5.8 performance problems
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.5.3 under mac os x 10.5.8 performance problems Comments: The firefox version + mac os x version combination offers poor performance. Starting firefox throws to the mac console the following messages: 17/09/09 15:08:04 [0x0-0xb70b7].org.mozilla.firefox[3545] firefox-bin(3545,0xa05eb720) malloc: *** error for object 0x5d64: Non-aligned pointer being freed 17/09/09 15:08:04 [0x0-0xb70b7].org.mozilla.firefox[3545] *** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug Maybe this causes performance problems that makes firefox practica...

Problem with Firefox 3.5.3 on Mac 10.5 and 10.5 in Blogger.com blogs
Name: Allen Email: allenatbergstedtdotorg Product: Firefox Summary: Problem with Firefox 3.5.3 on Mac 10.5 and 10.5 in Blogger.com blogs Comments: The following problem occurs with Firefox 3.5 on Mac 10.5 and 10.6 The problem does not occur with Safari on 10.6 or on Windows version of Firefox. In my Blogger blogs I've enabled the one-click edit function which is shown by a pencil icon. One click on the pencil should put me in edit mode. However, Firefox 3.5.3 does not show the pencil. I have to click the Sign In button which puts me into my Dashboard where I can select ...

Web resources about - FF 3.5.3 on PPC Mac OS 10.4.11 is working HORRIBLY - mozilla.feedback.firefox

The Horribly Awfuls - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Band members changed from project to project, as did their roles in the band. The core of the band was made up of Gareth Williams , Tyler Shipley ...

Stuntman's Big Jump Goes Horribly Wrong: Caught on Tape - YouTube
Frightening video reveals stuntman leaving his bike mid-air, crashing to ground.

How it all went so horribly wrong for Labor
How did the government leave Opposition Leader Tony Abbott in a seemingly unassailable position to waltz into the Lodge in September?

D-Link’s Router Security May Be Horribly Flawed
Keeping your router secure is a fairly basic bit of networking sense, but it doesn’t help if the firmware updates on your router apparently don&#821... ...

Missing Malaysia Airlines plane: the 30-minute period when something went horribly wrong
... what really happened to missing passenger jet MH370 boils down to a crucial 30-minute window, during which something on board went horribly ...

Wild Things author Brigid Delaney on college initiations gone horribly wrong
This debut novel about student days is fictional but based on real-life experiences and news reports of events around the world when college ...

Lack of support left Lancaster's team horribly exposed
Giving runners a chance to offload was one of four key areas where tourists were lacking in Dunedin, writes Ian McGeechan.

Vancouver man horribly beaten after posting costume jewelry to Craigslist
A 59-year-old man who posted jewelry for sale online remains in hospital with “life-altering injuries” after he was attacked during a robbery ...

Performance For Prince Charles Goes Horribly Wrong In P.E.I. (VIDEO)
His Royal Highness was not amused. Prince Charles and Camilla were treated to actor Wade Lynch's comic impersonation of Queen Elizabeth II at ...

Why I doubted Facebook could build a billion dollar business, and what I learned from being horribly ...
Facebook, early 2006 Sometimes, you need to be horribly, embarrassingly wrong to remind yourself to keep an open mind. This is my story of my ...