Feedback on FireFox 3.0 RC1

Name:    Dan Martin
Email:   nospamattractor-equipdotcom
Product: Firefox

Comments:
Hi,

Nice product overall, I do think it's faster than 2.014.  I see it has
some enhanced certificate security--though it can be a pain, your
process of creating exceptions is much easier than Microsoft's.  Thanks
for that!

One thing is really irritating me though.  The address bar options
search used to bring up addresses from my browsing history, that started
with the letter I typed, so that, for example, a site www.comics.com
came up as an option as soon as I type the letter "c" in the address
bar.  Now, the search is going through the whole string in the history,
so the "c" brings up everything with a ".com" in the list, which makes
for a hopelessly cluttered and essentially useless list.

There may be others for whom this is really enhanced searching, but I
would like a configuration option that would permit turning it off. .
..or perhaps by sorting the responses by frequency of access in the past
"x" days rather than merely alphanumeric.

I would also like the option of autocomplete in the address bar so that
the top item in the sort (as described above) would be autofilled as is
done in (forgive me for swearing) IE.

Thanks,

Dan

Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008051206 Firefox/3.0
From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/
0
Dan

Feedback on Firefox 3.0 #3
Name: Maria Tomassi Email: tomassidotmariaatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Feedback on Firefox 3.0 Comments: I was excited to download and install Firefox 3.0 when I saw it was available. I love Firefox but am disappointed with this new version. I wanted to install the Neopets toolbar from neopets.com and this new version of firefox will not let me install it. Now I want to go back to the old version of firefox so I can have my toolbar and I can't find the old version anywhere. I should have the option to install any toolbar I want. Now I'm considering...

Home disappears in Firefox 3.0 and Firefox 3.0.3
Name: J. Gonyeau Email: gja352atyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Home disappears in Firefox 3.0 and Firefox 3.0.3 Comments: The following has been an ongoing problem for the past 2-3 weeks. I am using Windows XP SP3. In both products, Firefox 3.0 and 3.0.3, the home page (I usually have 3 tabbed sites on startup) disappears and a black page appears. When I press the home button, I get the Mozilla Google page. The only way of getting the correct home is to reload Firefox. The problem is occurring on a 1-3 day interval. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; W...

How to roll back to Firefox 3.0.3 from Firefox 3.0.4
After I updated to firefox 3.0.4 I could no longer connect to the internet. Says server not found. Tried several web sites, including google and yahoo. It appears that the problem is with zonealarm firewall. If I turn off the firewall, the pages load. However, zonealarm normaly would ask me to allow it to connect to the internet. But is not since asking me about firefox, just blocking it. Never had that problem before. So while I figure that out, just like to go back to 3.0.3 Thanks for any help I can get. On 16.11.2008 09:30, CET - what odd quirk of fate ca...

Firefox 3.0 feedback
Name: Nova Email: supernova457atyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Firefox 3.0 feedback Comments: Guys, this new thing is great! Of course, the interface isnt much different, but it looks a bit cooler than the previous versions. Also, if I'm correct, it adds more security to it. Keep up the good work! Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008051206 Firefox/3.0 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

FIREFOX 3.0 FEEDBACK
Name: Roberto Amin Email: nimagerisatkonetdotcomdotbr Product: Firefox Summary: FIREFOX 3.0 FEEDBACK Comments: Firefox 3.0 and the following versions is the best program I´ve ever tried in the area! Thanks a lot, and CONGRATULATIONS! Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; pt-BR; rv:1.9.0.2) Gecko/2008091620 Firefox/3.0.2 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Feedback on firefox 3.0
Name: Rico Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Feedback on firefox 3.0 Comments: The new search address for firefox still needs some work. If you type something with "com" (i.e. community) it will list all .com addresses that you've entered. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9b3) Gecko/2008020514 Firefox/3.0b3 ...

feedback for firefox 3 rc1
Name: Soumik Chatterjee Email: count_soumikathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: feedback for firefox 3 rc1 Comments: this is real good ! i think firefox is gonna take over !! suggestions:- 1. blend effect on the tabs on mouse hover is nice. but it should also fade out when mouse leaves (it directly changes widout any blend effect when mouse goes out). 2. firefox would luk nicer if it could use vista's aero... implementing aero isnt much difficult and would give a boost to firefox user interface..competing wid IE... :) dats all ! nice browser ! Browse...

Firefox 3 RC1 feedback
Name: Onan Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Firefox 3 RC1 feedback Comments: Nice layout/design. I really like it. The performance is better but did not meet my expectations. But the worlds best internet browser has gone a few steps further against becoming perfect. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; nb-NO; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008051206 Firefox/3.0 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Feedback on Firefox 3.0
Name: James Product: Firefox Summary: Feedback on Firefox 3.0 Comments: Hey, notice there's problems when checking my mail.. dont know if they fixed this or not? but i could only see 1 row whenever i type a new email in, Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9b5) Gecko/2008032620 Firefox/3.0b5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Feedback Firefox 3.0
Name: V1-P Email: video1productionsatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Feedback Firefox 3.0 Comments: I was very unhappy with my old add ons not working with Firefox 3.0 so I uninstalled 3.0 and reinstalled the older version 2.016 and much to my dismay, 3.0 apparently disabled everything. Now I have a browser 3.0 Firefox which I don't like any more. Plus, I can't get my older version to work like it did in the past because a slew of errors pop up on the installation process. I rate Firefox 3.0 ( -1 ) Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-...

Feedback FireFox from 3.0.10 to using 3.5.4 to now the new 3.5.99 beta
Name: Henry Email: nighter2athotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Feedback FireFox from 3.0.10 to using 3.5.4 to now the new 3.5.99 beta Comments: I am starting to use the 3.5.4 it was excellent... love di tit reminded me of what firefox always used to be. then when 3.0.10 came along , it would hang up , all the time I got so many people tired of it on my website... I was lucky to find this beta 3.5.4 now, i updated automatically to 3.5.99 and we shall see what is good and worth while. All i know is i dont want to have to go back to IE8 or any other IE. they...

Firefox 3.0 Beta 3 look better than Firefox 3.0 Beta 4 buttons
Name: Nikita Email: rcplain123atgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Firefox 3.0 Beta 3 look better than Firefox 3.0 Beta 4 buttons Comments: Firefox 3.0 Beta 3 look better than Firefox 3.0 Beta 4 buttons. The simple colors of Beta 3 "Back" and "Forward" buttons end up looking better. Also the skinny "Refresh" and "Stop" buttons do not look good. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9b4) Gecko/2008030714 Firefox/3.0b4 ...

Firefox 3 Beta 3 feedback #3
Name: Boff Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3 Beta 3 feedback Comments: Second installment of my feedback. When bookmarking pages, you cant drag site into a bookmark folder, there isn't even a organize bookmarks button in the bookmarks dropdown. Also, when dragging the bookmarks (in the bookmark menu) it would be nice if the menu didn't disappear. That's all for now. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9b3) Gecko/2008020514 Firefox/3.0b3 ...

Firefox 3 Beta 3 feedback #3
Name: Boff Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Firefox 3 Beta 3 feedback Comments: ehhh, did you know that the back arrow and the forward arrow disappeared? Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9b3) Gecko/2008020514 Firefox/3.0b3 ...

Web resources about - Feedback on FireFox 3.0 RC1 - mozilla.feedback.firefox

Who Do You Trust: Facebook, Twitter, Or Google? Facebook’s Feedback Panel Returns
Last month, we told you about Facebook’s new Feedback Panel and how its eerie data gathering COULD potentially save your marriage . This month, ...

User Experience Lab: How we designed a new News Feed using your feedback - Facebook
Facebook Engineering hat eine Notiz mit dem Titel User Experience Lab: How we designed a new News Feed using your feedback geschrieben. Du kannst ...

Using Feedback to Shape Distribution

Facebook adds app ratings and negative feedback metrics to insights tool
Facebook introduced app ratings and negative feedback metrics to the app insights tool today as a way to help developers gain a better understanding ...

Taxi industry’s epic social media fail in request for passenger feedback - HeraldSun Search Search
IT is being dubbed a social media disaster — the taxi industry has been given #epicfail for asking taxi passengers to tell the industry about ...

‘Minecraft’ dev announces 'Realms' price drop and free trials, Minecraft amiibo feedback heard by dev ...
Mojang has released a new and reduced price tag to the “Minecraft Realms.”

Site Issues and Feedback

How to stop Windows 10 asking you to give feedback
... One of these aside from the need to download gigantic updates from time to time is that Windows 10 will constantly pester you for feedback ...