Error Message: "Firefox is already running, but is not responding. To open a new window, you must first close the existing Firefox process, or restart your system."

Name:    Edward A.
Product: Firefox

Comments:
"Firefox is already running, but is not responding. To open a new
window, you must first close the existing Firefox process, or restart
your system."

This is the error message I have already gotten a dozen times since I
just upgraded (it's been less than a day since I upgraded to v3.  I am
not using the firefox browser any differently than I used to.  When I
get this message there are no open browsers (but the system obviously
seems to think so.)

Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008052906 Firefox/3.0
From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/
0
Edward
6/18/2008 8:16:19 AM
mozilla.feedback.firefox 118464 articles. 7 followers. Post Follow

Firefox is already running, but is not responding. To open a new window you must first close the existing Firefox process or restart your system.
I get this message when I try to run Firefox. "Firefox is already running, but is not responding. To open a new window you must first close the existing Firefox process or restart your system." I have tried to uninstall and re-install. Things are still the same. Anyone have any ideas? On 18.06.2006 08:25, Joseph Nicastro wrote: --- Original Message --- > I get this message when I try to run Firefox. > > "Firefox is already running, but is not responding. To open a new window you > must first close the existing Firefox process or restart your ...

Firefox is already running, but is not responding. To open a new window, you must first close the existing Firefox process, or restart your system
Name: alex d Email: titer_23athotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox is already running, but is not responding. To open a new window, you must first close the existing Firefox process, or restart your system Comments: Firefox is already running, but is not responding. To open a new window, you must first close the existing Firefox process, or restart your system........ I got rid of firefox more than a yeart ago because of this problem on another computer, now i try it again and still have this problem, firefox is getting worse , and IE is getting better.......

Firefox is already running, but is not responding. To open a new window, you must first close the existing Firefox process, or restart your system.
Name: Beli Cvet Email: belicvetathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox is already running, but is not responding. To open a new window, you must first close the existing Firefox process, or restart your system. Comments: Quality control has slipped. Many people cannot run the browser at all because they haven't been able to solve the issue with Firefox becoming locked in the last several versions. BUT THEY HAVE ADDRESSED THE ISSUE in 2.0!!! How? Why they have updated the stupid error message! It used to say: "Firefox is already running, but is not re...

fFirefox is already running, but is not responding. To open a new window, you must first close the existing Firefox process, or restart your system.
Name: Louis Hanner Email: louishannerathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: fFirefox is already running, but is not responding. To open a new window, you must first close the existing Firefox process, or restart your system. Comments: this is bullshit. i cant open any firefox and the profile info wont fix the profile problem. a thunderstorm started this.....it is no wonder you are losing ground to google chrome. this is the second time i have had a profile problem and i end up losing everything Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; Win6...

Sometimes get "FireFox.exe has encountered a problem and must be closed" error when trying to open FireFox
Name: Pcfreakske2000 Email: pcfreakske2000athotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Sometimes get "FireFox.exe has encountered a problem and must be closed" error when trying to open FireFox Comments: Sometimes when I try to open FireFox I get a standard crash message "FireFox.exe has encountered an error and must be closed" ect ... I sometimes need to click on the desktop icon of FireFox a few times and then the error message appears. Also I get the "Restore session" and "Start New Session" dialog screen too. Sometimes FireFox loads w...

"Not Responding" in title bar NOT in "close firefox" error window
Name: Fish Product: Firefox Summary: "Not Responding" in title bar NOT in "close firefox" error window Comments: Firefox hangs on startup with a blank central panel and just the title bar showing. The title bar is suffixed with the windows "Not Responding" warning. This is not the Warning window that states "Firefox is already running but not responding. Please close etc. " Will occasionally give "This is embarrassing" error but will not restore old tabs or start new session. Looks as if profile or open tabs have been c...

shifting "open in new tab" and "open in new window" in firefox 2
Name: Markus Gr´┐Żrmann Email: randale-mail_at_gmx.de Product: Firefox Summary: shifting "open in new tab" and "open in new window" in firefox 2 Comments: Heyho! In firefox 2, opening new pages in a new tab instead of a new window is the standard setting. But ifyou right-click on a random link to open it either in a new window or a new tab, the option on top of the right-click-menu is "open in new window" you have to scroll down to open the link in a new tab. To support tabbed browsing as well as possible, the option to open links in a new tab s...

The "Firefox is already running, but not responding" error
Closing Firefox and re-starting it often causes this error: "Firefox is already running, but is not responding. To open a new window, you must first close the existing Firefox process, or restart your system." This error has been present as long as I can remember. It occurs both on Windows and Linux. Firefox 3.0.9 has many fancy new features, but this dialog box still remains. An application should be made to respond. Furthermore, why is there no visible window open for the browser if it is still running? pnumminen wrote: > Closing Firefox and re-starting it often...

Firefox randomly crashing " FIREFOX.EXE must close "
Only recently, since i updated to .7 that this has happened, it doesn't matter what i am doing, sometimes it will crash before it is even loaded, Google, email, my space, anything. it will give me the same error. I can't really find anything on how to fix it, anything would be appreciated. On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 21:45:56 -0700, in message <1190781956.906197.261240@k79g2000hse.googlegroups.com>, Alexdbdh@gmail.com wrote: > X-HTTP-UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.7) Gecko/20070914 Firefox/2.0.0.7,gzip(gfe),gzip(gfe) > Only r...

When having several TABs open, opening a new "login" page can make firefox "not responding
Name: Henk-Jan van der Kamp Email: smrmanatwanadoodotnl Product: Firefox Summary: When having several TABs open, opening a new "login" page can make firefox "not responding Comments: Hi guys, a small nag, happening mostly when working from home (where internet is slightly less responsive): when having a few tabs open opening a new one, for which a login is required by means of popup / prompt for password now if that prompt takes a few seconds to build / come in, and in the meantime you move the Tab to a different position, there is no way to get back int...

Firefox 3.6 series report "Firefox already running"
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.6 series report "Firefox already running" Comments: Firefox 3.6 series including the newly released version 3.6.2 report "Firefox is already running" after closing the browser and opening it again. One has to kill Firefox task to be able to open the browser again. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.2) Gecko/20100316 Firefox/3.6.2 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if ...

Windows "close" icon vs Firefox "close tab" icon
I would like to suggest the following enhancement to the Firefox browser. When one clicks the windows "close" icon and has multiple tabs open, you get a pop-up box with "confirm close" in it telling you that you have multiple tabs open, and you can either close all of them and exit, or cancel the close. I would like to have a configurable action associated with this button. The default is to continue as it works now, with a second option available which will make the windows "close" button (the one with the "x" in it) have the same effect as ...

Message "Firefox is running but not responding"
Name: Bernard B Beam Email: bbbeam2003atyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Message "Firefox is running but not responding" Comments: When I use FireFox as my default browser and even if double click on the desktop, the message "Firefox is running but not responding. You must close the running application or restart your computer". Consequently there is glitch I cannot find or remedy so that FireFox can be used as my browser at all! Non functioning, unable to use to bring up Yahoo Mail, internet usage shot, etc. If it keeps running, hoq do I c...

Firefox should add a "disk cleanup handler" so that Windows "Disk Cleaner" can clear the Firefox cache
Name: Andy Email: asefkow_at_yahoo.com Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox should add a "disk cleanup handler" so that Windows "Disk Cleaner" can clear the Firefox cache Comments: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/shellcc/platform/shell/programmersguide/shell_int/shell_int_extending/disk_cleanup.asp When I am running low on disk space, I run the Windows "Disk Cleanup" tool, accessible on the General Tab when you click Properties on your C: drive. This lets me clear the IE cache, temporary files, empty trash, etc. al...

Web resources about - Error Message: "Firefox is already running, but is not responding. To open a new window, you must first close the existing Firefox process, or restart your system." - mozilla.feedback.firefox