[Suggestion] Add a "Restart " button in "Add-ons" form

Name:    Claudio
Email:   togixatliberodotit
Product: Firefox

Comments:
Hi,
  my name is Claudio and I’m here because I’ve noticed one thing during
all this time that I use Firefox (nowadays it’s about two years): when a
new Add-on is installed and activate, or a new Theme is selected, a
string appears and suggest to restart the browser in order to use it.
But sometimes there are many tabs opened and we have to delay the reload
and see the effects of the changes.
  So what I think that could be useful is a little further button, next
to the “Find Updates” one, that cause the restart of Firefox and keep
the tabs of the section that are opened, so we can immediately see the
new plugin/theme installed.

  Ps. I’ve made a little image to show off what I have in my mind…
probably it’s more understandable than my “wobble” English. :)

http://www.freeimagehost.eu/image/11376a1178634

  Thanks for the attention.

  Best regards,
Claudio.

Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; it; rv:1.8.1.7) Gecko/20070914 Firefox/2.0.0.7
0
Claudio

Suggestion: Add a button "Sort" in the window "Message filters".
Name: Maarten Email: mgroosmanatcaiwaydotnl Product: Thunderbird Summary: Suggestion: Add a button "Sort" in the window "Message filters". Comments: The filters I created in "Options-Message filters" appear not alfabetical. An alfabetical order would spare a lot of time not having to set them in that order by hand by moving them separately up or down. Suggestion: Add a button "Sort" in the window "Message filters". Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; nl; rv:1.8.1.13) Gecko/20080311 Firefox/2.0.0.13...

.ALLCOL("%COLUMN%", " ", ", ", ", ")

Event handling for an "Add" and "Save" button
  Hello,I am maintaining some C#/ASP.NET code written using Visual Studio 2003. On one of my web forms I have three buttons labeled "Add", "Save", and "Click". I noticed that when someone presses the "Add" button that a method is called to handle this event. The method name is addButton_Click(...) and is shown below. What I don't understand, is that in this method, they seem to be calling another method which handles the event for someone pressing the "Save" button. Please see line 3 below.Can someone te...

"Add" and "Add Another" LinkButtons with a PostBackURL and a Redirect
I have a page that allows a user to add a record.  It is a FormView and it has 3 LinkButtons at the bottom.  I would like the "Add" LinkButton to add the record and redirect to a list of records page.  I would like the "Add Another" LinkButton to add the record and stay on the same insert a record page so the user can add another record.  I would like the "Cancel" LinkButton to send the user back to the list of records page.I have the "Cancel" working using a PostBackURL.I have the "Add Another" working because it automati...

Are there different between ViewState.Add("key","Word"); and ViewState["key"] = "Word";
I think the 1 and 2 are complete same, is it correct? 1. ViewState.Add("key","Word"); 2. ViewState["key"] = "Word";SuperCool Multiple ZIP - A utility to unzip multiple files and work with multiple zip filesSuperCool Random Number Generator You are correct, option 2 is short hand for option 1.Philip Beadle (MVP, MCAD, MCT DotNetNuke Core Team)...

quotes, quotes, quotes...

The "add new tab" "+" button is not easy to access on Firefox 3.1 Beta
Name: Flavio Serra Product: Firefox Summary: The "add new tab" "+" button is not easy to access on Firefox 3.1 Beta Comments: I have to scroll with the mouse all to the right. it was easier with a button in the navigation toolbar. Easiest way is as MS Exlorer or Google Chrome (in my view). best regards Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1b1) Gecko/20081007 Firefox/3.1b1 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you...

"View & Edit Actions": Where is the "Add" button?
I need to configure FF (v. 1.5/Linux) to open RM links in an external player instead of the internal mplayer plugin. All I have in my "Download Actions" list is SWF and WRL, which are not RealAudio types. So, does anyone know how I can make firefox open RM links in, say, Amarok, or another player of my choosing instead of the internal mplayer? Thanks Tbird Leader Bucky Goldberg radioed the tower, On 1/15/2007 9:47 PM: > I need to configure FF (v. 1.5/Linux) to open RM links in an external > player instead of the internal mplayer plugin. All I have in my > &q...

"Add Web Reference" -vs- "Add Service Reference"
I've noticed that in VS 2008 I can add a reference to a web service through "Add Service Reference..." or "Add Web Reference".  It appears that either of these approaches works but there are some differences in the naming of the client-side proxy that's generated.. Does "Add Service Reference" take advantage of the 3.5 framework?  Does this approach gain any efficiencies if I'm still adding the reference for an asmx web service rather than a WCF service?  Or does "Add Service Reference" for an asmx web service just pr...

Suggest change title of shortcut from "send feedback" to "send firefox feedback"
Name: Stephen, a firefox supporter Product: Firefox Summary: Suggest change title of shortcut from "send feedback" to "send firefox feedback" Comments: I just downloaded FF beta3 and it suggested dragging the feedback button onto the bookmarks toolbar. However once it is there it is not clear to the tester/user some time later that it is for firefox and not one of the potentially-many other applications on their PC. I therefore suggest you change title of shortcut from "send feedback" to "send firefox feedback". No big deal, but an easy...

add "current page" button in "exceptions" window (Preferences->Privacy(?)->"accept cookies")
Name: Runo Email: runoratsuatgmxdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: add "current page" button in "exceptions" window (Preferences->Privacy(?)->"accept cookies") Comments: Yup, it would be cool to have a button that puts the current foreground tab's domain into the textbox of said window, so one doesn't have to write or copypaste it oneself (I know I'm lazy. But with looong and lots of domain names it can get tiring). Thanks, and kudos to you all that make firefox what it is, Jojo (Runo) Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macint...

"Firefox" or "Gecko"
Hi, In a lot of places in MDN, like in https://developer.mozilla.org/En/DOM/Attr#Deprecated_properties_and_methods one can see a mention of "Starting in Gecko 7.0 (Firefox 7.0 / Thunderbird 7.0 / SeaMonkey 2.4)...". What is in parens is generated by a template. This was relevant when Gecko/Firefox numbers where different, but I'm wondering if this is necessary anymore for webdev-oriented documentation. I think that since Firefox 4, it would be relevant to just write "Starting in Firefox 7..." (even the ".0" can be dropped I think). This i...

No "Available layouts" to "Add>>" to "Active layouts"
I have US English, Russian and Ukrainian languages in Country/Region & Language. The list of "Available layouts" is empty, any suggestions what to do? Before I removed few packages using YAST, so probably I miss some package? -- magner58 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ > The list of "Available layouts" is empty, any suggestions what to do? i am confused....where are you seeing this "Available layouts"? is that in YaST System > Languages, or ??? -- DenverD (Linux Counter 282315)...

Web resources about - [Suggestion] Add a "Restart " button in "Add-ons" form - mozilla.feedback.firefox