"Firefox could not install this item because "install-lzo..rdf" (provided by the item) is not well-formed or does not exist"

Name:    suresh
Product: Firefox

Comments:
Hi
     I am very much satisfied with Firefox.I had a problem when opening
the site "www.crickinfo.com".It showed me to install a plugin and it
failed to install the plug-inn by giving this me message "Firefox could
not install this item because "install-lzo..rdf" (provided by the item)
is not well-formed or does not exist. Please contact the author about
this problem."
                                         THANKING YOU

Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9b3) Gecko/2008020514 Firefox/3.0b3
0
suresh

VSI installation problem
This error message occurs for me when attempting to install any VSI package (including TimeTracker etc). The templates do not appear in the My Templates section of Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2.. Help or suggestions appreciated! Me too,can't get the damn f**g thing to install, tried many times but still same error with all .VSI Packs  personal, club &  time tracker  ....... HELP  HELP HELP HELP only thing i can think of is that i didn't uninstall .NET Framework as recomended in "Uninstalling Express Editions" note for...

"Firefox" or "Gecko"
Hi, In a lot of places in MDN, like in https://developer.mozilla.org/En/DOM/Attr#Deprecated_properties_and_methods one can see a mention of "Starting in Gecko 7.0 (Firefox 7.0 / Thunderbird 7.0 / SeaMonkey 2.4)...". What is in parens is generated by a template. This was relevant when Gecko/Firefox numbers where different, but I'm wondering if this is necessary anymore for webdev-oriented documentation. I think that since Firefox 4, it would be relevant to just write "Starting in Firefox 7..." (even the ".0" can be dropped I think). This i...

Firefox could not install this item because install-var.rdf (provided by the item) is not well-formed or does not exist
Name: Luiza Product: Mozilla Suite Summary: Firefox could not install this item because install-var.rdf (provided by the item) is not well-formed or does not exist Comments: I get the above error when I try to watch movies (streaming) online. After having installed DivX, I now get the message "The DivX Web Player could not download the videao, please check your internet connection" Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-GB; rv:1.9b5) Gecko/2008032620 Firefox/3.0b5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Firefox could not install this item because install-var.rdf (provided by the item) is not well-formed or does not exist
Name: Luiza Product: Gran Paradiso Summary: Firefox could not install this item because install-var.rdf (provided by the item) is not well-formed or does not exist Comments: I get the above error when I try to watch movies (streaming) online. After having installed DivX, I now get the message "The DivX Web Player could not download the videao, please check your internet connection" Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-GB; rv:1.9b5) Gecko/2008032620 Firefox/3.0b5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

How to remove "Set Up Firefox Sync" button and related "Sync" items using userChrome.css on Firefox 4.0 final
I'm reporting this question in hopes someone else will see it. Hi all, I've already done my homework and found a page (http://getsatisfaction.com/mozilla/topics/exploitable_vulnerability_in_firefox_sync) detailing the necessary items to be put into userChrome.css. However, when I try the options detailed by the author, I still see that "Set Up Firefox Sync" under Tools > Options > Sync. Basically, it doesn't seem to work. I've pasted the below into my userChrome.css but I still see the Set Up Firefox Sync button. menu[label="Tools"] m...

.ALLCOL("%COLUMN%", " ", ", ", ", ")

Installation Guide is weak. Has a "no Worry FYI" but not "how to install"
Name: Ari V Email: defygravity79atyahoodotcom Product: Thunderbird Summary: Installation Guide is weak. Has a "no Worry FYI" but not "how to install" Comments: read / review it for yourself. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8.1.11) Gecko/20071204 Ubuntu/7.10 (gutsy) Firefox/2.0.0.11 ...

Renaming of "Firefox only" to "Toolkit only"
As discussed on irc, lots of pages have the mention "Firefox only", or "Not in Firefox" [1] [2]. That's not very correct technically, as other apps like XULRunner or Thunderbird are also concerned by the "Firefox only" texts. It was proposed to rename those to "Toolkit only" / "Not in toolkit". Those texts should be templatized for easier management. It was also discussed if pre-toolkit stuff should be supported, but I guess that's another debate ;-) I'm not taking action on this personally, that was to open the d...

Why I always get a error: "Installation aborted because the item was a duplicate of an item already installed."
I got this error when I install any starterkit. Why? I have not installed them before. And I can't saw them in my tempaltes panel. Please kindly help me, thanks. I am having the same problem - any tips appreciated. Try these steps if you're experiencing problems installing the VSI file: For C# in Visual Studio 2005 beta 2: - Start the .vsi installation file - Click on Review button - Copy the CS zip file - open Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Templates\ProjectTemplates\Visual Web Developer directory - In Visual Web Develper directory create directory called VisualC# - Past...

quotes, quotes, quotes...

the "Windows Live" "Help Center" "does not support" Firefox
Name: ets3rodamar@hotmail.com Email: ets3rodamarathotmaildotcom Product: Minefield Summary: the "Windows Live" "Help Center" "does not support" Firefox Comments: I received the following info when I tried to access the "Help Central" service of "Windows Live" "http://g.live.com/9uxp9en-us/ftr2?productkey=wlhomepage"...: https://account.live.com/error.aspx?errcode=1047&mkt=de-de [quote] Browser wird nicht unterstützt Versuchen Sie, Ihren Browser auf eine neuere Version zu aktualisieren, um sich be...

firefox "bookmarks manager" "bookmarks toolbar" "same order"
I did a web and groups search for the subject line to try to find an answer, but came up dry. I'm running Firefox2 on an XP machine. The problem is this: For some reason, Bookmarks Manager does not list the bookmarks in the same order as the bookmarks toolbar. It used to. How can I make it do it again? "Restore natural order" does nothing. I want the order in Bookmarks Manager to change to reflect the order on the bookmarks toolbar. I used to be able to make a change in Bookmarks Manager and it would immediately be reflected in the bookmarks toolbar and would li...

There are no installation instructions under "Installing Firefox 2"
Name: justin Email: justinatsbcglobaldotnet Product: Firefox Summary: There are no installation instructions under "Installing Firefox 2" Comments: Why is there an "Installing Firefox 2" section on the release notes if you dont give instructions on how to install it??? Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux x86_64; en-US; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20060130 Red Hat/1.0.7-1.4.3 Firefox/1.0.7 ...

Web resources about - "Firefox could not install this item because "install-lzo..rdf" (provided by the item) is not well-formed or does not exist" - mozilla.feedback.firefox