ConnectA2 has working WhatsApp

Hey, the guys from ConnectA2 have released their client and I have confirmed that it does WhatsApp (on my long existing account even!). We should update the statement that we have on the FxOS help pages. :-)

Also I'm fucking happy about this because now I don't have to carry two phones around :p
0
Jan
11/5/2013 4:56:05 PM
mozilla.engagement.developers 983 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Is their code open?

A friend told me that they are exchanging all messages with plain http =
GET requests, can anyone confirm that that's the case?

[]s
Fabricio

On Nov 5, 2013, at 2:56 PM, Jan Jongboom <janjongboom@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey, the guys from ConnectA2 have released their client and I have =
confirmed that it does WhatsApp (on my long existing account even!). We =
should update the statement that we have on the FxOS help pages. :-)
>=20
> Also I'm fucking happy about this because now I don't have to carry =
two phones around :p

Fabricio
11/5/2013 5:34:06 PM
On Tuesday, November 5, 2013 6:34:06 PM UTC+1, Fabricio C Zuardi wrote:
> Is their code open?
>

> A friend told me that they are exchanging all messages with plain http GET requests, can anyone confirm that that's the case?
>

> []s
>
> Fabricio
>

> On Nov 5, 2013, at 2:56 PM, Jan Jongboom <janjongboom@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Hey, the guys from ConnectA2 have released their client and I have confirmed that it does WhatsApp (on my long existing account even!). We should update the statement that we have on the FxOS help pages. :-)
>

> > Also I'm fucking happy about this because now I don't have to carry two phones around :p

There is user docs Q&A https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/whatsapp-isnt-available-try-facebook-messages which shows up as nr. 1 result for Firefox OS Whatsapp.

Haven't analyzed any traffic from them.
0
Jan
11/5/2013 5:41:23 PM
What's the download/install link for the app?

On Nov 5, 2013, at 3:41 PM, Jan Jongboom <janjongboom@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tuesday, November 5, 2013 6:34:06 PM UTC+1, Fabricio C Zuardi =
wrote:
>> Is their code open?
>>=20
>>=20
>>=20
>> A friend told me that they are exchanging all messages with plain =
http GET requests, can anyone confirm that that's the case?
>>=20
>>=20
>>=20
>> []s
>>=20
>> Fabricio
>>=20
>>=20
>>=20
>>=20
>>=20
>> On Nov 5, 2013, at 2:56 PM, Jan Jongboom <janjongboom@gmail.com> =
wrote:
>>=20
>>=20
>>=20
>>> Hey, the guys from ConnectA2 have released their client and I have =
confirmed that it does WhatsApp (on my long existing account even!). We =
should update the statement that we have on the FxOS help pages. :-)
>>=20
>>>=20
>>=20
>>> Also I'm fucking happy about this because now I don't have to carry =
two phones around :p
>>=20
>=20
> There is user docs Q&A =
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/whatsapp-isnt-available-try-facebook-=
messages which shows up as nr. 1 result for Firefox OS Whatsapp.
>=20
> Haven't analyzed any traffic from them.

Fabricio
11/5/2013 6:34:15 PM
Here you go:

https://marketplace.firefox.com/app/connecta2-alpha1

What's the download/install link for the app?

On Nov 5, 2013, at 3:41 PM, Jan Jongboom <janjongboom@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tuesday, November 5, 2013 6:34:06 PM UTC+1, Fabricio C Zuardi wrote:
>> Is their code open?
>>

>> A friend told me that they are exchanging all messages with plain http GET requests, can anyone confirm that that's the case?
>>

>> []s
>>
>> Fabricio
>>

>> On Nov 5, 2013, at 2:56 PM, Jan Jongboom <janjongboom@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> Hey, the guys from ConnectA2 have released their client and I have confirmed that it does WhatsApp (on my long existing account even!). We should update the statement that we have on the FxOS help pages. :-)
>>

>>> Also I'm fucking happy about this because now I don't have to carry two phones around :p

> There is user docs Q&A https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/whatsapp-isnt-available-try-facebook-messages which shows up as nr. 1 result for Firefox OS Whatsapp.
>
> Haven't analyzed any traffic from them.
Havi
11/5/2013 6:45:52 PM
Ok, I've downloaded the package at:

=
https://marketplace.firefox.com/downloads/file/231892/connecta2-alpha1-005=
..zip

And installed it locally on the Firefox OS simulator.

=46rom my tests, it looks like the GET requests does happen in the setup =
stage:

=
http://connecta2.net/setup/tests/whatsapp2.php?get=3DCODE&alias=3Dfoo&tlf=3D=
2671234554321
=
http://register.connecta2.net/register.aspx?op=3DPASS&tlf=3D5516XXXXXXXX&n=
um=3D164765

(replaced my phone number with XXX)

After that there are a lots of POST requests=85 I'll ask this friend =
(Andre cced here) for more details about his concerns.

I see that the client-side code is GPL.

[]s
Fabricio

On Nov 5, 2013, at 4:45 PM, Havi Hoffman <havi@mozilla.com> wrote:

> Here you go:
>=20
> https://marketplace.firefox.com/app/connecta2-alpha1
>=20
>=20
>=20

11/5/2013 7:25:55 PM
Ey everyone,

Please, do not recommend this app. We are currently working with Marketplace reviewers because there are too many privacy issues related with how data is transferred, stored and accessed.

Also we had some messages from users that tested the app once and now they have their whatsapp account blocked.
0
nukeador

Login not working on host, works in development
I am SO close.  This is my first app that I have done.  I am using Visual Studio 2005 and Sql Server 2005.  I was originally using two databases (my own called knights_db.mdf) and then aspnetdb.mdf for role management, etc. Well, Godaddy only supports one database, so I was able to combine these into one--and it works GREAT in development.  I went through using the MS SQL Publisher tool to create a .sql script--only problem is that I had to convert to SQL 2000, because Godaddy doesn't support 2005 yet. So--long story short, I am using login controls (using login/role ma...

Class does not work on Production Server but works in Development
So I created a custom class A that I reference in Web Application B.  I added A as a reference to B and all goes well on the Development Machine.  When I deploy to my Production machine A no longer works and cannot write to the Event Log to tell me what isn't working.  On the production server the Site is hosted under an App Pool with a custom user.  It works if I change it back to a system user but I need it to run as the custom user.  Class A is not doing any file IO or anything like that all it is doing is encrypting/decrypting an Object.  Any ideas? b...

Ajax not work on Production Server but works in Development
I developed a web application that used VS2005, .Net Framework 2.0, Ajax 1.0, the database is connected to a database server with SQL server 2005. The application worked fine in my development PC but not in the production server. I'm getting this error: Unable to create type 'ajaxToolkit:CascadingDropDown'. Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies The application web.config contains: <add assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Cult...

Controls working on Development machine, not working on Server
   Well I have searched for a while now and have found several people asking the same questions but getting no real response.  So here goes...I have tabs, pageview, etc working on a page when running on my development machine (localhost) but when I deploy to the server the controls cease working, ie - you just get text for trees, tabs, etc and all the pages from the PageView control are show simultaneously.I have the web_ctrl folder installed in the inetpub\wwwroot directory and the dll file is installed in the bin directory.  Everything looks the same on both machin...

Working
I have two servers running NW65sp4A (different trees). I initially installed BM3.8 patched to sp4 with VPN services ( Firewall services to follow after I know I have VPN working). My problem is that it appears to be working but its not working. I can open my Windows Explorer (from the SLAVE side network) and reach the MASTER, authenticate and open files. The MASTER NRM VPN monitor shows 1 (one) Active Connections 0 (zero) Packets Received and lots of Packets Sent. The VPN Member List Status shows both servers as ´┐ŻBeing Configured´┐Ż. The Audit Log has two recurring RED entrie...

Validation controls does not work on my site but work fine on my development server
Validation controls does not work on my site but work fine on my development server. Everything work well on my developemnt server but it doesn't work when I uploaded it to my website. Please help!! I'm having the same problem...Windows 2003 Small Business Server. Read this: http://groups.google.de/groups?hl=de&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&threadm=6beedd9c.0307141018.49d49062%40posting.google.com&rnum=1&prev=/groups%3Fq%3D%2522IIS%2B6%2522%2Bvalidator%26hl%3Dde%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26oe%3DUTF-8%26selm%3D6beedd9c.0307141018.49d49062%2540posting.google.com%26rnum%3D1...

AJAX not working on server, works on test server and developer machine
I use ASP.NET AJAX on my web page. The page consists of two textboxes and two buttons. Textbox 1 is within an update panel triggered by button 1 and the other textbox is updated by full page postback caused by button 2. This works perfectly on my developer machine and on a test server (W2K3) but when I publish it to the real server (W2K3 Server) the page always posts back when clicking button 1 instead of just updating the textbox within the update panel. When I look at the source of the generated page in the browser I see that the server version of the page does not include a...

Development work
Hello.. I am so new on this. I was wondering, to become a certified web developer in order, do I need to start from the very beginning? Like studying HTML and so on. I hated HTML and the rest that follows it. I'd prefer the WYSIWYG approach, though like mostly say, some limitation rules to it. Anyway, it still can be done, right? With so much information and resources available, sometime makes me stuck in the learning process. I have an idea of developing a new application, knowingly it still needs a lot more research and of course, the paperworks. I had trouble deciding what ...

Update Panels not working with IIS7(Vista), but work from VS Development Server
I have a Web Application Project that does not run under an Application under IIS7 (In Vista). All UpdatePanels work perfectly, however when I change it from "Use Visual Studio Development Server" to "use IIS Web Server", and give it a Virtual Directory/Application all UpdatePanels cease to work, and do full post-backs.  I know this has probably come up, but I can't find any other topics on it.  ANy advice?The Killer Ninja Coding Monkeys thank those that mark helpful posts as answers.My Site | My Examples | My Blog Fixed it. It was strange, this post (which I found while going...

AJAX on iis7 not working on web host but works on my iis6 Development Server
I have AJAX on my asp.net 2.0 site, my development server has iis 6 and have recently begun using a web host that supports AJAX and runs iis 7.  Everything runs fine exept AJAX.  I don't even get an error it usually just performs a full post back when I click on an AJAX link.        I have been searching for weeks for something to help me.  By the way, my web.config does contain: <xhtmlConformance mode="Transitional" /> I would really appriciate any help on this matter, I have run out ideas on this ...

Problems with Interop Assemblies deployment. App is just not working on Deployment (working in development)
Hi, I have created an assembly which uses visio interop assemblies to genernate visio documents at runtime at server. And I am using it in a web application to generate visio documents on the fly. it is working perfectly in development system. When I deploy the same on a clean machine it is unable to work in my web application. It is not throwing any error too. If I copy the whole solution to my deployment stage server and build the solution, the application starts working fine and never stopped working until I format the machine...This is weird ! Though I deleted that entire...

Does Visual Web Developer Express work with MS SQL Server 2005 Developer?
HI,  Can someone tell me if Visual Web Developer Express Edition works with MS SQL Server 2005 Developer edition?  Im currently having problems.     Yes. It is not limited to Express Editions and will work with any SQL server.Thanks------------------------------------------------------------This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Ok. I have installed the Ms SQL Sever 2005 Developer but now when i acccess the asp.net configuration in visual web developer express i get the following error. The following message m...

Simple link to an XLS file is not working on test machine but working on development machine?
Hello.   I have a simple link to an excel file   <asp:HyperLink ID="hlejemplo" runat="server" NavigateUrl="~/Excel/importar.xls" Target="_blank">Ver archivo de ejemplo</asp:HyperLink> <asp:HyperLink ID="hlimportar" runat="server" ImageUrl="~/Imagenes/xls-icon.gif" NavigateUrl="~/Excel/importar.xls" Target="_blank">HyperLink</asp:HyperLink>   On my computer I have windows 2000 with IIS5. the Link works and it opens the Excel file, on the testing machine the link Shows a Red X icon and it doesnt download the file, the testing machine has windows ...

I have developed activex control, using it in PB application.. it is giving GPF.. which is working fine in VB.. When i made enabled property = false for that control.. it works fine in PB too!!!
Hello, I have this problem.. can any one help me. What may be the causing error.. Any tips will be helpful. Regards, Samir Please refrain from using the subject line to describe the problem in detail. Subject Line: ---------------- I have developed activex control, using it in PB application.. it is giving GPF.. which is working fine in VB.. When i made enabled property = false for that control.. it works fine in PB too!!! <SamirKhatri> wrote in message news:2EAE243802D2BE050024C40485256CA0.0024C41B85256CA0@webforums... > Hello, > > I have this problem....

Web resources about - ConnectA2 has working WhatsApp - mozilla.engagement.developers