[BrowserQuest] Updated with full licenses and new map exporter

[Please let me know if you don't want to be contacted about BrowserQuest
stuff, I'm trying to include everyone who has had input previously and
may want to be kept up to date]

Hi guys,

Little Workshop have updated the BrowserQuest GitHub repository to
include the new licenses (MPL for code and CC-BY-SA for assets) as well
as the map exporter that they used to build the game --
https://github.com/mozilla/browserquest

The map exporter is a big addition and will be really appealing to
people who want to extend the existing game or make their own. It works
by taking maps that have been created with the Tiled Map Editor tool
(http://www.mapeditor.org/) and exporting them into the format that
BrowserQuest uses. The benefit of this approach is that you can use an
existing graphical tool that game developers already rely on to create
maps, making the entire process much simpler.

Ideally, we'd like to have an in-browser map editor but that's something
that can wait until later and perhaps something to encourage the
community to build.

In the meantime, I'm going to learn how this tool works and talk to the
Little Workshop guys about it. A blog post on how to use the map editor
would go down amazingly well and would align with our position on games
being 'of the Web' and hackable -- I'll tackle then when I get a moment.

Rob

0
Rob
4/10/2012 6:32:08 PM
mozilla.engagement.developers 983 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Map add-on not showing up in new update
Name: mary mccutcheon Email: marylmccatcomcastdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Map add-on not showing up in new update Comments: Ever since I upgraded to Firefox 2.0.0.3 for Mac, the Map add-on does not show up anywhere. It is not in add-on menu under Tools, nor does its icon show up anywhere. I have installed, uninstalled several times. When will this be fixed? I noticed in boards that others were experiencing same difficulty. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:1.8.1.3) Gecko/20070309 Firefox/2.0.0.3 ...

Updates Updates Updates
I was a big fan of Firefox.. Now, I don't even like to use it. Seems like every time I start it up I have to update some addin OR the browser itself. And unfortunately the update nag messages are always presented when I start a browsing session. I find this annoying because, typically, when I open a web browser all I want to do is go to a web page. Not update the browser. I can agree that staying current with the latest version could give the best, fastest, safest web experience. But that point becomes mute when I start off every other browsing session with a new update. And mos...

NEW NEW NEW
hi I have a huge form to build on an asp.net page with multiple fields  that come from and also connect to (postback=true) 10 different tables{database is access for now } .which controls would be helpful please suggest. Also how about usign infopath to build forms and hosting it on iis is it feasible..please advice. Thanks in advance Environment: Visual studio 2005 ,iis webserver,ms access,Thanks to all the PROS who are helping other developers.. Hi, For ASP.NET 2.0 Hosting purpose I am currently using GoDaddy.com. And satisfied with the service.RegardsKuldeep Deokule&nbs...

updates, updates, updates
Name: hans jensen Email: hansjensen44_athotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: updates, updates, updates Comments: why is it everytime i go online firefox has new updates, 3 -4 times every day, its never ending..........whats all the problems??? please email me and let me know, ty,.........Hans Jensen Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.2) Gecko/20070219 Firefox/2.0.0.2 ...

new update new problem
Name: Bruce Email: bgbuchananatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: new update new problem Comments: After update, I have big gray box below my status bar. has a red carat ^ inside it, nothing else. It is stealing a portion of my screen. It will not go away, even after a restart. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.15) Gecko/20080623 Firefox/2.0.0.15 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

updates, updates, updates, NO MORE!
Name: Andreas Email: unbekanntatjokerdotms Product: Firefox Summary: updates, updates, updates, NO MORE! Comments: Hi ! if you want to develop a fine webbrowser, maybe you nee a new management. To release a new buggy version every two weeks is not very professional. Test your software before the release and let the user download a stable browser. this update-orgy since 2.0.0 used me to use Opera instead of FF. We haved use FF in our Company, but we can't deploy a new version every week to +200 Windows-clients, so in our company we've decided to return to IE, ...

Updates, updates and more updates
Name: pirhan Email: pirhan_chanathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Updates, updates and more updates Comments: Hello, Normally I use Safari, but my iBook is out of commission for a while. So, I am forced to use a PC to which I would much rather use Firefox than Internet Exploder. However, as much I enjoy not using a Microsoft product, and use a product that works decently, I am severely annoyed about the constant updates I am put through. In the last two days, I had to wait for Firefox to install updates before I could browse and now, I'm alerted that there'...

updates, updates, updates
Holy Crap, Batman! You'd think I was running Windows XP and it's patch Tuesday. So far this week - new kernel (2.6.27.10), 2 new browsers (Opera 9.63 and Firefox 3.05) and a new plugin (Flash 10.0.156.3). I'm about ready to try one od the BSD's! vince wrote: > Holy Crap, Batman! You'd think I was running Windows XP and it's patch > Tuesday. > > So far this week - new kernel (2.6.27.10), 2 new browsers (Opera 9.63 > and Firefox 3.05) and a new plugin (Flash 10.0.156.3). I'm about ready > to try one od the BSD's! I take ...

Transferring a Delphi 2007 license to a new developer
Hi, we have had a change of personnel and need to install Delphi 2007 (plus updates) for the new developer. Does anyone know how can we re-use the license previously assigned to the old developer (who has left)? Many thanks Kit Hi Kit, > Does anyone know how can we re-use the license previously assigned to the old developer (who has left)? Go to http://support.embarcadero.com/ and click on the button "License Transfer" which will start the process to transfer licenses to a new user in your organization. > Many thanks > Kit Groetjes, ...

license conundrum: new client with update software
If a customer purchases sqla 10 as an update, how does he install a sqla client at a workstation that does not have a previous sqla client? This customer does not have the original sqla install CDs. Thanks, Doug Sounds like a question for your sales representative to respond to. Part of the problem with the question, at least to us tech folks, is ... What is meant buy purchasing and update? but I suspect the answer to that is also something you need to discuss with the rep. also. "Doug Stone" <nospamdougdotstoneatres-qdotcom> wrote in message n...

[Fwd: Updated Developer Day Information
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------090900070806050406010105 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Sign up now! send your RSVP to knous@mozilla.org today. Chris Hofmann -------- Original Message -------- Subject: Updated Developer Day Information - New Speakers Added! Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 10:00:34 -0700 From: Marcia Knous <knous@mozilla.org> To: mozilla-announce@mail.mozilla.org, devday <devday@mail.mozilla.org> A revised agenda has been posted for the upcoming Mozilla Develo...

Delphi developers: Update for SpiderMonkey headers, new bridge class
Several months ago I released a code collection to facilitate Delphi<->SpiderMonkey interaction. I've since made several updates to those files, including bug fixes and whatnot, and have also constructed a bridge class that permits a TObject-only descendent to instantly interact with script and native code. The files are available at http://www.sterlingbates.com/delphi.asp When a TObject descends from the bridge class, all of its published properties and methods are exposed to the SpiderMonkey engine. With only a few lines of code, any TObject descendent's published...

OpenSUSE Updater keeps saying: new updates but won't update
Using KDE 4.1.3, OpenSUSE 11.0. When I click to install the updates, it says "updating" and then just goes back to the orange icon indicating I have new updates. It never installs them no matter how many times I do this. -- 6tr6tr ------------------------------------------------------------------------ 'Software manager no longer working - openSUSE Forums' (http://tinyurl.com/5lonb3) Everyone is having this problem. A package with KDE 4.0 dependencies called *fileshareset* was released to the wild, but most of us who update religiously already upg...

Reading a config file and exporting it updated with the new/changes values in the same format.
--047d7b5d2aa252f1a504f3a4dd2a Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Hi Everyone, I need your help with this one please. I have a config file that is written/updated with a Python based web front end tool. I would like to add/remove hosts to/from this config file using Perl. The idea I have is for Perl to read this config file, and instead of adding/replcing values to the original config file, to re-write the config file with the latest hostname that was added or removed to a new config file in the same format so that the Python based web tool can read it. This exc...

Web resources about - [BrowserQuest] Updated with full licenses and new map exporter - mozilla.engagement.developers

BrowserQuest
Play Mozilla's BrowserQuest, an HTML5 massively multiplayer game demo powered by WebSockets!

Mozilla releases BrowserQuest for HTML5 gamers and warriors
Mozilla is flexing its HTML5 muscles today, with a new game called BrowserQuest. Designed specifically for browser-based gaming, BrowserQuest ...

mozilla/BrowserQuest · GitHub
Contribute to BrowserQuest development by creating an account on GitHub.

Browserquest: an MMO tech demo made to work in browsers everywhere
Browserquest is a game put together by Mozilla (the company behind the popular Firefox browser) and intended to show off WebSockets , a technology ...

Mozilla's BrowserQuest Points to New Online Gaming Model
The 'game experiment' from Mozilla and Little Workshop isn't pretty, but it uses new standards-based HTML5 tech to create a game UI that requires ...

Free Friday: BrowserQuest, Craequ, Apollo 18+20
An MMO written entirely in HTML 5, a beguiling puzzler, and a set of games made by They Might Be Giants fans.

BrowserQuest: Mozilla Launches Massively Multiplayer HTML5 Game Experiment to Showcase Modern Web Technologies ...
Mozilla, in cooperation with French developer Little Workshop , launched a new MMORPG called BrowserQuest today to demonstrate what developers ...

Firefox updates Android and Desktop with “BrowserQuest” action
Mozilla’s newest duo of updates is coming on today in the form of updates for both their desktop web browser and Android web browser interfaces ...

BrowserQuest Is A Massively-Multiplayer Adventure Game Written In HTML5
BrowserQuest , playable in a browser near you, is a proof of concept so ingenious that you’ll wonder why they didn’t just build a Zelda clone ...

BrowserQuest: An HTML5 MMO From Mozilla
Mozilla is one of the strongest proponents of Open Web standards including HTML5. There have already been demos created that show the power of ...