Can we improve emulator testing? (Was: Running on-device tests in CI)

On Jun 3, 2014 2:25 PM, "Jonathan Griffin" <jgriffin@mozilla.com> wrote:
> There have been a couple of threads related to test automation in B2G, asking why we haven't caught some especially egregious regressions; the kind that basically "break the phone".

It's great to hear that we are making progress on on-device testing.
Testing on device is always going to be needed and desired as
ultimately, having FirefoxOS working on device is what matters to
users.

However I'm curious why emulator testing didn't catch these recent
regressions? Did we simply not run the right tests on emulator, or did
these regressions not happen on emulator for some reason?

If the former, what can we do to increase our test coverage on emulator?

If the latter, does anyone know why emulator and on-device was
different here? Can we do anything to make emulator behave more like
on-device?

/ Jonas
0
Jonas
6/9/2014 5:47:20 PM
mozilla.dev.webapi 565 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

test test test test test test
test test test test test test test test test test test ...

TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST
from forums 11:55 AM PST 02/12/2008 ...

test test test test
OE is a pain in my ass, test test test -- http://www.spywareinfo.com PGP Public key at http://www.spywareinfo.com/Mike_Healan.txt ...

test test test test
what is the deal with these bizarre "test updates"? i did a couple, but they just keep coming. On Feb 20, 7:08=A0pm, inspector.arc...@gmail.com wrote: > what is the deal with these bizarre "test updates"? i did a couple, > but they just keep coming. what? my email is accessible?! what the hell are you thinking? please delete these posts and remove my email address from public access. unbelievable! ...

test test test
test test MJB Law Office wrote: > test test Is this legal? propman wrote: > MJB Law Office wrote: >> test test > > Is this legal? > Hey, propman, the post is from a law firm, so it must be legal! Right?? Daniel Daniel wrote: > propman wrote: >> MJB Law Office wrote: >>> test test >> >> Is this legal? >> > > Hey, propman, the post is from a law firm, so it must be legal! Right?? Mr. Bumble replies "If the law supposes that� the law is a ass�a idiot. If that�s the eye of the law, the law is...

testing and testing and testing :)
and again :) Carsten Book wrote: > and again :) Testing is fun! Stephen Donner wrote: > Carsten Book wrote: >> and again :) > > Testing is fun! test Stephen Donner wrote: > Stephen Donner wrote: >> Carsten Book wrote: >>> and again :) >> >> Testing is fun! > test testing too :p ...

test test test
test test test ...

test, test, test
test ...

Test Test Test
Name: Gervase Markham Email: gervatmozilladotorg Product: Firefox Summary: Test Test Test Comments: Testing Hendrix. Gerv Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-GB; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008052912 Firefox/3.0 From URL: http://localhost/src/hendrix/ ...

test test test
test test test test for test "Praveen Hari" <phari@sybase.com> wrote in message news:enLr8dDFDHA.310@forums-1-dub... > test test test > > > ...

Only one test run at a time can run tests in ASP.NET
I am getting this error when I run my unit test:  The ASP.NET Web application at 'C:\Users\Jason\Desktop\Movies\Movies' is already configured for testing by another test run. Only one test run at a time can run tests in ASP.NET. If there are no other test runs using this Web application, ensure that the Web.config file does not contain an httpModule named HostAdapter. How do I run only one test? Kenshinofkin: I am getting this error when I run my unit test:  The ASP.NET Web application at 'C:\Users\Jason\Desktop\Movies\Movies' is already configured for testi...

Tests running Tests
Hello all. I've got a test I want to write, but I don't know to write it (easily). I've got a test script, call it foo.t which uses Test::More and runs under Test::Harness. Now I want to make a new test script tweek-then-foo.t which tweeks the system and then ensures that foo.t still passes. How do I write tweek-then-foo.t? -sam On Tue, Apr 12, 2005 at 01:20:18PM -0400, Sam Tregar wrote: > Hello all. I've got a test I want to write, but I don't know to write > it (easily). I've got a test script, call it foo.t which uses > Test::More and run...

Running on-device tests in CI
Hi all, There have been a couple of threads related to test automation in B2G, asking why we haven't caught some especially egregious regressions; the kind that basically "break the phone". To answer that, I'd like to describe how our on-device automation currently works, and what we're doing to expand it so we can more effectively address these concerns. We currently have a smallish number of real devices, managed by WebQA, hooked up to on-device automation. They run a bank of tests against a number of branches several times a day. The devices are ...

Web resources about - Can we improve emulator testing? (Was: Running on-device tests in CI) - mozilla.dev.webapi

On Device Research - LinkedIn
Welcome to the company profile of On Device Research on LinkedIn. On Device Research uses the mobile internet to gain access to consumer opinions ...

Oracle Mobile Field Service for Mobile Devices on the App Store on iTunes
Get Oracle Mobile Field Service for Mobile Devices on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

'bpay' contactless devices on sale
A new range of tap and pay devices including wristbands, fobs and stickers will be unveiled in the UK.

Harper Government To Test Electronic Monitoring Device On High-Risk Inmates
... are among the inmates slated to take part in a federal prison service pilot project to test the effectiveness of electronic monitoring devices.Research ...

Following evasi0n jailbreak release, A4 devices on iOS 6.1.5 also untethered via “p0xisxpwn” Cydia package ...
... touch on iOS 6.1.3 through 6.1.5—versions previously impervious to the iOS 6 jailbreak—can also get an untethered jailbreak for their devices ...

BlackBerry's President of Devices on the Priv, Android, security and keyboards
In this exclusive interview with Ron Louks, BlackBerry's President of BlackBerry Devices, we talk about the upcoming Android-powered Priv and ...

BlackBerry Bought AndroidSecured.com and .net Domains, Is This More Evidence Of An Android Device On ...
On July 7th, the domains AndroidSecured.com and AndroidSecured.net were registered to BlackBerry Limited, the firm formerly known as Research ...

The Invisible Gamepad Launches For Mobile Devices On Kickstarter
... is the only product that lets you play with precision anywhere you want without a cumbersome accessory. You just pull out your mobile device ...

UBS: iPhone to be dominant device on Verizon at launch
An analyst with UBS AG says Apple's Verizon iPhone will immediately become the carrier's top model, eating up sales of other devices, including ...

RIMM: The BerryPad? New Devices On The Way From Waterloo
Research In Motion (RIMM) is testing a variety of new devices to compete with Apple (AAPL) and other rivals in the smart phone and tablet sectors, ...