Monitoring software being installed on performance test machines

--425Rl06E0qFj6mmMT9W9cKhRFp5Vosime

tl:dr: We recently installed system monitoring software on our buildbot
masters, build-not-test slaves, and various other RelEng machines. IT
want to continue this rollout, deploying monitoring software onto RelEng
production test machines, which raises a concern about possible impact
to performance numbers. If you see any production impact, please let us
know.

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

We are being asked by IT to deploy monitoring tools onto all build,
unittest and performance testing machines. These are to help gather
system level statistics about CPU, memory, disk utilization, etc. This
is so IT can monitor efficiency of production jobs run on these systems.

This monitoring software has already been installed on buildbot masters,
linux+mac builders, and some misc other servers. As those changes were
zero-risk to production, we didn't need to forewarn these newsgroups.
However, installing this software on production win32/64 builders and
win/mac/linux performance testers has a small-but-non-zero risk that the
act of running these tools will change the timing results in performance
test jobs. Hence this advance notice.

Exact timing of this rollout is waiting on some unrelated win64
toolchain builder fixes to finish being deployed into production. We all
agreed that adding these monitoring tools *at the same time* as doing
windows toolchain upgrade, would unnecessarily complicate problem detecti=
on.

Once everything is ready for final deploy, another post will be sent to
newsgroup (and sheriffs), to help with any possible after-the-fact
regression range hunting. If there are any performance result wobble
because of these changes, I've been told we can tolerate minor
performance result disruption for a week or so, without impacting
releases. Currently, this experiment is slated to run for 2 weeks, but
obviously, if this monitoring introduces larger disruption, we will
disable them asap. Sheriffs and RelEng buildduty will be monitoring
closely, but as always, if you see anything weird, please make sure they
know asap.

No downtime is required, as our systems will pick up these changes
between test runs as machines reboot.

The curious can follow along in bug#920626 (deploy collectd to RelEng
mac+linux test systems) and bug#920629 (deploy graphite client to RelEng
Windows build and test systems).

If you've any questions, or concerns, please let me know.
John.

--425Rl06E0qFj6mmMT9W9cKhRFp5Vosime

--425Rl06E0qFj6mmMT9W9cKhRFp5Vosime--
0
John
10/17/2013 4:00:44 PM
mozilla.dev.tree-management 6579 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

Basic Install/virt-install to test out changes, it can be done from the source directory: ./virt-manager To install the software into /usr/local (usually), you can do: python setup.py insta
Basic Install ============= For starters, if you just want to run virt-manager/virt-install to test out changes, it can be done from the source directory: ./virt-manager To install the software into /usr/local (usually), you can do: python setup.py install To build an RPM, you can run: python setup.py rpm setup.py generally has all the build and install commands, for more info see: python setup.py --help-commands python setup.py install --help http://docs.python.org/inst/standard-install.html -- Vink ...

Install or remove software packages and manage software...
I'm starting to think that *nothing* on openSUSE that tries to connect to the internet will work. You see, in the midst of trying to get just Adobe Flash Player to install, I opened the package manager but of course got this error: > Download failed: > Download (curl) error for > 'http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/11.1/repo/non-oss/content > <cuts off here> > Error code: Connection failed > Error message: Couldn't resolve host 'download.opensuse.org' Great. >:( -- The_Lost_World -------------------------------------...

Installing software package manager tells to install Disk
I am trying to install programs on a computer new install of opensuse 11 and package manager keeps telling me to install the opensuse 11 disk 1. I configured the repos already and cd/dvd is not checked. can someone please tell me how to get the computer to just pull from the net. I did search and found nothing maybe I am using the wrong terminalogy. Thanks Craig -- trailer8713 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ I think your CD/DVD "repo" is still enabled. Please post the output of this command: Code: ----------------...

Login control 'Remember me next time' work on dev machine, on test machine, fails on live machine. What gives?
I'm using the asp.net membership and the login control remember me function works on my local machine while I'm testing, it works on the test machine that I publish to, but it absolutely will not work on the live machine.  At all.  Not working. I've done some initial research.  Suggestions about a <machineKey not in the machine.config file on the server did not solve my problem.  Changing the web.config to So now what?   EDIT:  It figures I would find out the reason after I made a post.  The default document in IIS was set to login.aspx ...

Software Design - Software Management
Why do you guys do when designing a software? Do your write out pseudo code and then flow chart it? What do you do to keep track of notes and ideas and project information. I am literally swamped with projects ranging from perl to BASIC to tbred script development and I am getting messed up keeping everything straight. I have about 20 different projects going right now and its hard to remember where left off and on what. I am using Outlook tasks to try and manage this buts a pain in the ass. I wish there was a piece of software that would let me see all my projects that I am worki...

test test test test test test
test test test test test test test test test test test ...

TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST
from forums 11:55 AM PST 02/12/2008 ...

performance testing with Test::
--0016e64c1e8ea2b2ec04716f2353 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I was pondering a perl-core todo-item =head2 A decent benchmark C<perlbench> seems impervious to any recent changes made to the perl core. It would be useful to have a reasonable general benchmarking suite that roughly represented what current perl programs do, and measurably reported whether tweaks to the core improve, degrade or don't really affect performance, to guide people attempting to optimise the guts of perl. Gisle would welcome new tests for perlbench...

Software installation monitoring utilities
Can anyone recommend a good software installation tracking utility that can report changes as well as provide hassle-free rollback to prior snapshots? Ideally it would detect raw disc writes as well... Dave Dave <dave@nospam.com> wrote: > Can anyone recommend a good software installation tracking utility that > can report changes as well as provide hassle-free rollback to prior > snapshots? Ideally it would detect raw disc writes as well... > > Dave Raw disk writes? Don't know about that one. http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,4149,9882,00.asp ht...

install software on remote machine
 i have a application developed by .net . i want install remote (or) target machine from my pc .if any free tool available or any coding available Look at MSDeploy, at www.iis.net.  JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue....

Load testing and performance monitoring
I have an ASP.NET application that has reasonable performance on my development machine using a VPN connection to access a SQL database. There are approximately 10 users on a LAN that experience poor performance. How can I run a load test and monitor performance on my development machine to use to compare with a similar sample of performance monitoring on the LAN? I haven't done a load test or performance monitoring on an ASP.NET application before and don't have the money to purchase other tools. Also, any good technical articles would be helpful. Thanks.DanDan Slaby, MBA, MCSD...

PC Performance Testing Software
I just bought a new T3400 workstation from Dell and added a new e-GeForce 8600 GTS 512MB DDR3 PCI-e video card. Currently, there is 2 GB of RAM at 800 MHz DDR2 & the CPU is an Intel Core 2 quad processor running at 2.4 GHz,1066MHz FSB, with 4 MB of L2 cache for each core. (Q6600) I haven't added a new WD SATA Raptor 10,000 rpm HDD yet, but I'm getting a current overall performance rating of 1165 using software from PassMark at: http://www.passmark.com/ Any opinions on this company's pc performance software? Any other recommendations for other performance testing ...

Web resources about - Monitoring software being installed on performance test machines - mozilla.dev.tree-management

Australia v West Indies: Tourists earn support from SCG crowd with battling performance in third Test ...
The SCG crowd shows desire for the contest, and for much of the first day of the third Test they got it, writes Geoff Lemon.

Apple hit with class action lawsuit over iOS 9’s performance on older iPhones
... iOS 9 being compatible with older iOS devices, primarily the iPhone 4s. The lawsuit claims that iOS “significantly interferes” with the performance ...

Class action lawsuit seeks damages for the performance of iOS 9 on the iPhone 4s
... “internal testing and/or through other means,” engineers at Cupertino (and even exectutives themselves, perhaps) were aware of the performance ...

BMW recaps the glory days of M3 performance
Filed under: Videos , BMW , Convertible , Coupe , Sedan , Classics , Luxury , Performance BMW continues it documentary chronicle of the M3 lineage ...

Jordan's game-day rituals, how superstitions improve performance - Business Insider Deutschland
Superstitions get a bad rap — they seem silly, childlike — and it's rare to hear someone publicly credit a personal ritual for helping them succeed. ...

First Solar Panels Likely To Surpass p-type Crystalline Panels In Performance By 2017
According to Solar Media’s Solar Intelligence, the performance of First Solar’s thin film solar panels is expected to exceed that of the p-type ...

NFL Player Fined For Watching His Daughter’s Halftime Performance
NFL Player Fined For Watching His Daughter’s Halftime Performance

Josh Singer On Making ‘Spotlight:’ Michael Keaton’s Performance Is “As Good, If Not Better” Than ‘Birdman’ ...
As co-writer of the Tom McCarthy -directed Spotlight , Josh Singer ( The Fifth Estate, The West Wing ) had his work cut out for him. While the ...

This Aretha Franklin Performance of '(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman' Will Change Your Life
This Aretha Franklin Performance of '(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman' Will Change Your Life