com to xpcom convertion

Hi,
Is there a way fo conversion ms COM application to be ised as XPCPM in
Firefox?
or you need to rewrite the whole thing.
thanks

0
Asser
4/6/2006 3:05:39 AM
mozilla.dev.tech.xpcom 1345 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Purpose of dev-tech-xpcom
What's the purpose of this list? I used to think it was about XPCOM itself, basically for questions about the code in xpcom/**. However, that doesn't seem to be how everyone else uses it. In fact, it seems to be about all coding questions that are somewhat Firefox- or XULRunner-related. Basically what the platform or extension lists are supposed to be. Should we, therefore, delete this list/newsgroup? As it is used, it is redundant. -christian -- All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players: They have their exits and their entrances...

XPCOM and COM...
Hi, Is it possible to talk to a COM DLL from an XPCOM component? Any links, pointers? Thanks & Regards, Rajendra Prasad Murakonda PS: I asked the same question a week ago, sorry for asking it again. I didn't get any reply that time; may be I sent the mail in the wrong time :) Rajendra Prasad Murakonda wrote: > Hi, > > Is it possible to talk to a COM DLL from an XPCOM component? Any links, > pointers? It should "just work"... you can call CoInitialize and make ordinary MSCOM calls without any special work. You of course can't pass t...

XPCOM that use another XPCOM
Hi all, I have the following problem: I want to create a standalone application that uses an XPCOM module "A" written in C++ (a library). I want to create plugins for this application (.xpi package) that install another XPCOM module "B" that use the A XPCom library. I think I doesn't need to cross the interface and to write javascript code. How can I do this in a cross-platform manner? Does mozilla support the dynamic linking? Does it exist some pages of documentation about it? Thank you for your help, Lorenzo On 23 Mar, 14:48, Lorenzo <nos...@pl...

XPCOM
I keep finding links for NS_StringToUTF16, NS_StringGetMutableData ? do such a functions exits ? Also found this http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/nsCStringEncoding but don't know where it should go Regards pete Pete Morgan wrote: > NS_StringToUTF16, NS_StringGetMutableData > > ? do such a functions exits ? NS_StringGetMutableData exists. NS_StringToUTF16 doesn't (the NS_String* functions all refer to strings that are in the UTF-16 encoding already), but NS_CStringToUTF16 does. > Also found this > http://developer.mozilla.org/en/doc...

xpcom
since xulplanet is no more, i miss the reference of the xpcom mail. didn't find it at mozdev neither. jef peeraer ...

XPCOM
Hi, I'm trying to build mozzilla in order to see a good example application of XPCOM. I read somewhere (http://www.ibm.com/ developerworks/webservices/library/co-xpcom3.html) that this was a good way to get a working version. However, that website seemed to be out of date. I would like to get some sort of "hello world" type of application of XPCOM on which I could conduct further experiements. Any suggestions about how I should get started? In trying to build an example app., I've been trying to build firefox following the directions at http://develope...

XPCOM
Hi, I'm trying to build mozzilla in order to see a good example application of XPCOM. I read somewhere (http://www.ibm.com/ developerworks/webservices/library/co-xpcom3.html) that this was a good way to get a working version. However, that website seemed to be out of date. I would like to get some sort of "hello world" type of application of XPCOM on which I could conduct further experiements. Any suggestions about how I should get started? In trying to build an example app., I've been trying to build firefox following the directions at http://developer....

xpcom
Hi, I posted this earlier and got no answers. Anyone care to drop a couple of lines on the subject? Hi, I have just started reading the documentation. I am just wondering about xpcom. Is it just a historical thing? i.e., if one is to write a new portable app, given how close java is performing compared to the native binary wouldn't it make sense to do it in java for simplicity and elegance? Surely modularization can be achieved in java or for that matter c#. Microsoft seems to be moving away from COM into managed code. Any thoughts? Thanks, Moheb moheb missaghi w...

XPCOM
Name: Jonny tango Email: jonnytangoattescodotnet Product: Firefox Summary: XPCOM Comments: have you fixed XPCOM problem with this update? Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-GB; rv:1.8.1.12) Gecko/20080201 Firefox/2.0.0.12 ...

XPCOM
Running Mozilla 1.1 and all is basically well, except for the occasional hang on shutdown. I get a message that XPCOM is not responding etc....I know it plays a part in Mozilla, but what does it do? I'd like to fix this, although its not a major issue. Thanks, XPCOM is a lightweight cross platform COM work-alike. It provides interfaces, factories, reference counting, QueryInterface based 'casting', auto pointers, and various other useful stuff. It is the foundation for modularity in mozilla You can get the source code here: http://lxr.mozilla.org/mozilla/source/xpco...

XPCOM how to integrate a XPCOM of thunderbird in firefox
Hello everybody! Well I have a question about the XPCOM. I want to developp a toolbar for firefox, which notify the arrival of new messages in my webmail account. This Webmail is a imap server. So to do that, i tried to download for mozilla source to get the composants wich allow to connect with imap protocol. When i downloaded it, i compiled all sources. Finally, i have many files : *.idl, *.h, *.xpt, so now i want to integrate them to firefox to use it. And i don't know how to do that? to be more precise i don't know what is the best solution to do this application .....

Use COM from XPCOM
Hi all, I' am new in the list and in XPCOM also. I' m trying to create an OPC Client XPCOM, to do that, I need to connect with an OPC Server in COM tecnology. Is that possible? Can I use a COM component from XPCOM? Somebody did that? CU Facundo ...

Create XPCOM object inside XPCOM object
Hello all, I've 2 interfaces: interface A {...}; interface B { A GetA (); } Inside implementation of B::GetA it is required to create object A, and also get the access to implementation (not interface) of A in order to initialize A object. I use C++. How to do this? Can I do so? NS_IMETHODIMP B::GetA (A** _retval) { ClassA* pA = new ClassA; pA->somefunc (parameters...); pA->AddRef (); *_retval = pA; } Best regards, Alexander Dyagilev ...

xpcom.
Name: gregory Email: trackhammeratyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: xpcom. Comments: I am having problem with firefox, if I leave my for 5 min, firefox would not open,and I would have to shut dowm for it to work,while shutting down, xpcom is frezing my computer, I think xpcom is a problem. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.12) Gecko/20080201 Firefox/2.0.0.12 ...

Web resources about - com to xpcom convertion - mozilla.dev.tech.xpcom

Tony Williams (@TBone8) on Twitter

Talk:Brazilian real - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is within the scope of WikiProject Brazil , a collaborative effort to improve the coverage of Brazil and Brazil-related topics on ...

Biomass Energy (木薯干) - Solar panel in Sydney - Solar Inverters - Mounting Racks
We have product for Solar power, Wind Turbine, Biomass, Battery, which your requirements The cassava to ethanol convertion has really changed ...

List of FAQ - AbiWiki
List of FAQ From AbiWiki (Redirected from FAQ ) Jump to: navigation , search AbiWord Frequently Asked Questions Contents 1 User FAQ 1.1 General ...

Highways of the State of Illinois
Sponsored by Roads of the Mid-South & West > Illinois Welcome Sign on WB IL St Rt 114 at the Illinois/Indiana State Line near Momence...Illinois ...

Leroy Burgess: Sweet expectations
Pete Lewis speaks to New York soul/dance legend Leroy Burgess, to discuss the prolific veteran singer/songwriter/producer’s new LP ‘Throwback ...

The Way to Build HTML5 Video Blog
Someday ago, we have discussed how to get more views with HTML 5 video in previous post. Now, we are going to make this tutorial which tells ...

carriole remorque à vélo deux plus deux
449.00 Euros = 511.86 US $', LEFT, CAPTION, 'Convertion Devise', WIDTH, 200, FGCOLOR, 'gray', BGCOLOR, '#0000FE', TEXTCOLOR, 'white')" onMouseOut="nd()"> ...

Concept Feedback - Search for Web Design, Marketing, and Usability Reviews
Search for inspiration and reviews on websites, landing pages, newsletters, logos, wireframes, mockups, advertisements, illustrations, layouts ...