Seamonkey????

I convinced someone to let me put the suite on her Win machine.  Well,
no good deed goes unpunished.  I started getting emails and phone
calls about her "battle with the dragon".  During one such call I told
her the dragon had been replaced by a seamonkey.  She said "what's
that?"  I said brine shrimp.  "BRINE SHRIMP?????"

I think most people think fish food.

Ray
0
Ray
3/26/2006 10:08:34 PM
mozilla.dev.ports.os2 2331 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Ray Davison wrote:
> I convinced someone to let me put the suite on her Win machine.  Well,
> no good deed goes unpunished.  I started getting emails and phone calls
> about her "battle with the dragon".  During one such call I told her the
> dragon had been replaced by a seamonkey.  She said "what's that?"  I
> said brine shrimp.  "BRINE SHRIMP?????"
>
> I think most people think fish food.
>
> Ray
Tell her it is easier to battle Brine Shrimp than Dragons :P
0
Andy
3/26/2006 10:45:15 PM
Andy Willis wrote:
> Ray Davison wrote:
>
>> I convinced someone to let me put the suite on her Win machine.  Well,
>> no good deed goes unpunished.  I started getting emails and phone
>> calls about her "battle with the dragon".  During one such call I told
>> her the dragon had been replaced by a seamonkey.  She said "what's
>> that?"  I said brine shrimp.  "BRINE SHRIMP?????"
>>
>> I think most people think fish food.
>>
>> Ray
>
> Tell her it is easier to battle Brine Shrimp than Dragons :P

Have you not been following my travails with Shrimp Mail?  The dragon
was a friendly pet that I adopted very early.  SM has only now started
to behave, but I don't know why it has, and that worries me.

Ray

0
Ray

SeaMonkey dev watches
As some of you might have already read in a recent blog post of mine (<http://home.kairo.at/blog/2007-05/seamonkey_dev_watches>), I have - mostly out of private interest - redone the http://dev.seamonkey.at/ front page and inserted some SeaMonkey dev data that gets updated 4 times a day: - "Bonsai watch" links a Bugzilla bug list of bugs mentioned in a bonsai list of checkins in the last 48 hours on trunk - "Bug watch" lists all bugs filed in the last 24 hours in the "Mozilla Application Suite" product - "Bug radar" links the b...

Porting extensions for SeaMonkey
Hi everyone CTho suggested I mention my work here. I've been porting extensions together with Philip Chee for SeaMonkey. It started two weeks ago when a SeaMonkey user wished that a certain extension was compatible with SeaMonkey. I ported it, and the user was overjoyed. Then another user wanted to know where he could ask for extensions to be ported, and the request thread was born. Since then I've been taking requests for extensions to be ported. I'm skilled in providing the necessary install hooks for SeaMonkey. Many extensions are already compatible by their...

Just to remind the SeaMonkey devs
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2mU6USTBRE]Who's fat? SeaMonkey !!![/url] Saul Luiga wrote: > [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2mU6USTBRE]Who's fat? SeaMonkey > !!![/url] So you can understand my point better: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U93_frgadNg Saul Luiga wrote: > [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2mU6USTBRE]Who's fat? SeaMonkey > !!![/url] "I'm not fat I'm big boned" ~ SeaMonkey (When talking about how its bones are made up of the innards of Firefox and Thunderbird) -- ~Justin Wood (Callek) Justin Wood (...

seamonkey ports tinderbox on fire!
http://tinderbox.mozilla.org/SeaMonkey-Ports/ Last I checked it was still running the VACPP 1.4.3 & was running well. Someone replaced it with the GCC stuff & it doesn't run! Is anyone tending to this??? ....eric On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 18:49:07 UTC, "eric w" wrote: > http://tinderbox.mozilla.org/SeaMonkey-Ports/ > > Last I checked it was still running the VACPP 1.4.3 & was running well. > > Someone replaced it with the GCC stuff & it doesn't run! That happened a loooong time ago. And as you can see from the log it is cause...

Merging dev-gaia and dev-b2g into dev-fxos
--001a113ce93ebce35d051e4c0c73 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8 Hello people of Firefox OS, After a discussion we have decided that the distinction between dev-gaia and dev-b2g mailing lists is not enough to warrant maintaining two lists. So we are deprecating both in favor of dev-fxos. So if you are subscribed to one of the aforementioned lists, you will be subscribed to the new dev-fxos list and we will shortly be decommissioning dev-gaia and dev-b2g. Thanks! Michael --001a113ce93ebce35d051e4c0c73 Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: qu...

Merging dev-gaia and dev-b2g into dev-fxos
--001a113ce93ebce35d051e4c0c73 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8 Hello people of Firefox OS, After a discussion we have decided that the distinction between dev-gaia and dev-b2g mailing lists is not enough to warrant maintaining two lists. So we are deprecating both in favor of dev-fxos. So if you are subscribed to one of the aforementioned lists, you will be subscribed to the new dev-fxos list and we will shortly be decommissioning dev-gaia and dev-b2g. Thanks! Michael --001a113ce93ebce35d051e4c0c73 Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: qu...

Importing Seamonkey to Seamonkey.
I'm sure it's simple. but I can't figure out how to import all settings, address book, bookmarks. accounts from one drive to another on the same Mac. I'm switching boot from one drive to another. Can you help? Thanks. John Sipos Broadcast talk journalist 727-432-1322 John Sipos wrote: > I'm sure it's simple. but I can't figure out how to import all settings, > address book, bookmarks. accounts from one drive to another on the same > Mac. I'm switching boot from one drive to another. Can you help? Thanks. > > John Sipos &...

Enigmail 0.95 on Seamonkey/OS2
Hi, somebody just reported to me that he is using the latest Enigmail 0.95 on OS/2 with Seamonkey 1.1.1. I cannot test myself, as I am using Thunderbird 1.5.x and the new Engimail is not targeted at "old" Thunderbird releases. But maybe somebody else finds this interesting and worth a test, if you are using Saemonkey 1.1.1 or Thunderbird 2.x on OS/2. Regards, Robert -- Robert Henschel -- OS/2 User Group Dresden http://warp5.dyndns.org:8080/OS2Dresden Am 16.04.07 13.26 schrieb Robert Henschel: > Hi, > > somebody just reported to me that he is u...

Correct Ports & Info for Seamonkey!
Incoming mail IMAP server = imap.aol.com or imap.aim.com Use SSL = No Port = 143 Outgoing mail SMTP server = smtp.aol.com or smtp.aim.com Use Authentication = Yes Port = 587 I finally started getting all my email after I put in the right port numbers. ...

port an extension to SeaMonkey (easy and fast)
Hi, I'd like to see an extension ported to SeaMonkey. The extension is called Xclear and you can find it here: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/xclear/ Everything it does is adding a button to the URL and the search bar to clear its text when pushed. I've just spoken to KaiRo showing him the source code, and he said that everything that's needed is to look at the css code and attach a binding to the right selector (Firefox and Seamonkey ones differ, it looks like). I'd do this myself, but I have no idea of how to do it really, it shouldn't take more ...

Seamonkey v1.1/os2 accesskeys missing?
Hi. I just realized that for web pages that have them, HTML link accesskeys aren't working in my copy of Seamonkey v1.1/os2. Is there a hidden preference that needs to be changed, or is it a bug? I checked the same document with Mozilla and Firefox and they both honor the accesskeys using the ALT prefix. -- Walt On Mon, 19 Feb 2007 13:39:06 UTC, Walt Gregg wrote: > Hi. I just realized that for web pages that have them, HTML link > accesskeys aren't working in my copy of Seamonkey v1.1/os2. Is there a > hidden preference that needs to be changed, or is...

Adding permanently serial port /dev/ttySx
Dear All, I will add an Pci-e 8 port serial card. So with my motherboard, this will do 9 serial ports :P :O How can I add _permanently_ a /dev/ttyS8 ? I've made in a command shell: mknod -m 666 /dev/ttyS8 c 4 72 thus a new /dev/ttyS8 comes up but it disappear at next reboot !!! Thx for help Herv� -- galmiche ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ...

Porting Firefox OS to Creator CI20 dev board
--001a1134ad1c3869930512ab3fc1 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8 Hi, I'm sending this message on behalf of Alex Voica from Imagination who is having problems sending an email to the list. Imagination have recently organised a giveaway of some reference tablets running Firefox OS on a chip incorporating a dual-core MIPS CPU and a PowerVR SGX GPU (both are technologies they design and license to hardware vendors). http://blog.imgtec.com/powervr/firefox-os-now-running-on-a-mips-based-reference-tablet Earlier this year they started selling a dev board called Creator C...

Setting dev server port for multiple WAP projects
Hi: I have been trying to follow Omar's directions for setting up the VS 2005 development server to run multiple WAP projects under one root. Part three at http://blogs.msdn.com/webdevtools/archive/2006/11/27/part-3-of-3-creating-sub-projects-with-web-applicaiton-projects-and-built-in-asp-net-development-server.aspx directs setting the development server port to the same port number as the root project. But whenever I try to set it that way, I get an error message that "Could not find server at 'http://localhost:8080/admin' on the local machine". The main project ...

bt878 w/4 ports only shows /dev/video0
I have a Sensoray 611 adapter on 11.0. It has 4 ports of video, but only 1 bt878 chip, so the capture rate will be slow but that's ok for my app. I don't have any cameras hooked up yet, but shouldn't I still see the /dev/video? devices. I only see /dev/video0 -> /dev/video. Yast only shows "1-TV" with card name Bt878. It is 1-TV and not 0-TV becuz I formerly had a PVR-150 adapter. Anyone have any idea why I can only get the single video port? The card is here: 'Frame Grabber' (http://www.sensoray.com/products/611data.htm) Is it possible that ...

Web resources about - Seamonkey???? - mozilla.dev.ports.os2

The Hawaiian Seamonkey
Diving, eating, gardening, loving the Big Island of Hawaii

The SeaMonkey® Project
The SeaMonkey project is a community effort to develop the SeaMonkeyall-in-one internet application suite (see below).Such a software suite was ...

SeaMonkey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
cross-platform Internet suite . It is the continuation of the former Mozilla Application Suite , based on the same source code. Core Mozilla ...

Review: SeaMonkey 1.1.8 for the Mac
SeaMonkey 1.1.8, the Mozilla Foundation's all-in-one Internet application, combines browsing, e-mail, HTML editing, and IRC chat.

SeaMonkey 2.3 Beta 1 arrives for testing
Based on the same Gecko browser engine as Firefox 6, SeaMonkey 2.3 Beta 1 has been released for testing. It offers improvements to WebGL that ...

SeaMonkey Offers Browser, E-Mail, and Chat
... resuscitated a group of Internet tools built by Netscapewhose spin-off, Mozilla, brought out the popular Firefox Web browser. Renamed SeaMonkey ...

SeaMonkey, Mozilla's all-in-one Internet suite, releases new beta
The SeaMonkey Project has released SeaMonkey 2.1 Beta 3 , a version that makes a lot of new functionality available to a wide audience for the ...

SeaMonkey review
Browse the web, work with mail, chat in IRC and edit HTML

SeaMonkey 2.33
... advanced e-mail, newsgroup and feed client, IRC chat, and HTML editing made simple, all your Internet needs in one application. The SeaMonkey ...

Seamonkey 1.1 Released
stuuf writes "Version 1.1 of the Seamonkey Internet Application Suite is now available, with quite a few improvements over the 1.0 series. Some ...