Java plugin fails in SM, FF and Moz

I'm running eCS 1.24.  The last time I had my Java plugins working is when
I was still running eCS 1.15.

It appeared that the 1.2 installation did not put in Java 142, altho it
might have been in C:\programs, rather than in C: root where it always was
previously.

I downloaded the latest Java from Innotek (1.4.2_05) and followed the
prodecures.  When it didn't work Peter Brown offered a lot of suggestions
and I've been through the thing with a fine toothed comb.

I re-downloaded from innotek and reinstalled it.  Still no joy.

I went through and removed all vestiges of all java of all kinds from all
hard drives, config.sys and INI files.  I used Seek and Scan to find and
eliminate filenames with "java" and remove entries from files (such as
config.sys) with the word "java."  I used Unimaint, Cleanini, Checkini,
and Registry editor and lots of reboots in between cleaning up the INIs.

In config.sys I have from previous Mozilla installations (1.7.12):

SET MOZILLA_HOME=f:\mozprofs
     (This works with bookmarks, etc. Always has.)

I put in:

SET MOZ_PLUGIN_PATH=f:\mozprofs\mozilla\plugins
     (I just double checked this as the actual location of the plugins)

Then I downloaded 1.4.2_05 from Innotek again.  I ran the installation
into C:\JAVA142.  From c:\java142\bin I copied the following into
f:\mozprofs\mozilla\plugins

 7-09-04 12:23p       116,902      0 a---  npj2.dll
 7-09-04 12:23p         9,083      0 a---  npj2_j11.dll
 7-09-04 12:23p         9,092      0 a---  npj2_j12.dll
 7-09-04 12:23p         9,090      0 a---  npj2_j13.dll
 7-09-04 12:23p         9,064      0 a---  npj2_j14.dll
 7-09-04 12:23p         9,091      0 a---  npj2_j32.dll
 7-09-04 12:23p         9,062      0 a---  npj2_jpi.dll

Then I drug ipluginw20050915.xpi onto a running copy of SM 1.0.1 which
resulted in:

11-04-05  8:22a        60,936      0 a---  ipluginw.dll

actually located at:

f:\seamonkey\components\ipluginw.dll

With this arrangement I go to http://javatester.org/version.html and
http://www.java.com/en/download/help/testvm.xml to test.

There and at various java using sites I get:

java.lang.NullPointerException

then failure of whichever expected result (no dance, no dancer, etc.).

At the java.lang.NullPointerException error box I get the following
details:

PointerException

  at sun.plugin.net.proxy.WNetscape4ProxyConfig.getNSVersion(Unknown
Source)
  at
sun.plugin.net.proxy.WNetscape4ProxyConfig.getBrowserProxyInfo(Unknown
Source)
  at sun.plugin.net.proxy.PluginProxyManager.reset(Unknown Source)
  at sun.plugin.AppletViewer.initEnvironment(Unknown Source)

There is also in config.sys:

SET JAVA_HIGH_MEMORY=1

and

SET CLASSPATH=.;C:\OS2\JAVAAPPS\LVMGUI.ZIP;C:\TCPIP\java;

Both of the above "items" actually exist in those locations.

I've run the Java LVM manager successfully, showing that Java 142 actually
functions.

In the registry all Java entries show to exist in the proper places.

About:plugins lists all 7 instances of the dlls as listed above and
enabled = yes on all of them.

There is a Java Class entry in associations with no data.
*.JAV and *.JAVA extensions are associated with Enhanced Editor.

I'm sure I must have left out something...

Jim L via the eCS 1.24 version of OS/2

--
Stock market investers are expressing concern that... aw, who gives a flying fig!

0
inkleputDEL
6/7/2006 3:25:47 PM
mozilla.dev.ports.os2 2337 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Sir:

<http://www.java.com/en/download/help/testvm.xml> to test if it working.
--
Bill
Thanks a Million!

> [...]
> Source)
>   at sun.plugin.net.proxy.PluginProxyManager.reset(Unknown Source)
>   at sun.plugin.AppletViewer.initEnvironment(Unknown Source)
>
> There is also in config.sys:
>
> SET JAVA_HIGH_MEMORY=1
>
> and
>
> SET CLASSPATH=.;C:\OS2\JAVAAPPS\LVMGUI.ZIP;C:\TCPIP\java;
>
> Both of the above "items" actually exist in those locations.
>
> I've run the Java LVM manager successfully, showing that Java 142 actually
> functions.
>
> In the registry all Java entries show to exist in the proper places.
>
> About:plugins lists all 7 instances of the dlls as listed above and
> enabled = yes on all of them.
>
> There is a Java Class entry in associations with no data.
> *.JAV and *.JAVA extensions are associated with Enhanced Editor.
>
> I'm sure I must have left out something...

Close Seamonkey.

Delete the pluginreg.dat file (probably in f:\mozprofs\mozilla directory).

Restart Seamonkey.

Regards

Pete
0
Peter
6/7/2006 7:33:41 PM
inkleputDEL@ETEisp.com wrote:
> I'm running eCS 1.24.  The last time I had my Java plugins working is when
> I was still running eCS 1.15.

  Something has changed with those browsers. I have not changed my OS
version (wseb v4.50 fp3) and I have the same problem. It is not the
operating system. I have not changed the Java installation during that
time. The last time I remember the Java plugin working was in Mozilla v1.7.12.
  I posted about this a couple of months ago (April? March?). Alas, there
was no joy then either.
  The test site at Sun always fails with a dead window where the dancing
penguin would be. And Seamonkey (1.0.0 then, 1.0.2 now) is guaranteed to
crash if I try to do any further browsing.

(Remove DESPAMMZ for email)
0
James
6/8/2006 4:49:03 AM
Sir:

James Moe wrote:
> inkleputDEL@ETEisp.com wrote:
>> I'm running eCS 1.24.  The last time I had my Java plugins working is when
>> I was still running eCS 1.15.
>>
>   Something has changed with those browsers. I have not changed my OS
> version (wseb v4.50 fp3) and I have the same problem. It is not the
> operating system. I have not changed the Java installation during that
> time. The last time I remember the Java plugin working was in Mozilla v1.7.12.
>   I posted about this a couple of months ago (April? March?). Alas, there
> was no joy then either.
>   The test site at Sun always fails with a dead window where the dancing
> penguin would be. And Seamonkey (1.0.0 then, 1.0.2 now) is guaranteed to
> crash if I try to do any further browsing.

Assuming that you have the Java 1.4.2 SDK installed, open the SDK folder
and in the \DEMO\PLUGIN\APPLETS folder are several test applets.  Drag
the HTML file from each in turn and drop on SeaMonkey to see if they
work.  I checked mine (Peter's latest) and they most seem to work.  If
they work, then your problem is with the permissions you have set (or a
permission bug).  If you suspect a permission bug, then check using the
SUN url I posted up thread.  If that character wiggles, then there is
nothing wrong with SeaMonkey.  Let us know what you find.
--
Bill
Thanks a Million!
William L. Hartzell wrote:

>>   Something has changed with those browsers. I have not changed my OS
>> version (wseb v4.50 fp3) and I have the same problem. It is not the
>> operating system. I have not changed the Java installation during that
>> time. The last time I remember the Java plugin working was in Mozilla v1.7.12.
>>   The test site at Sun always fails with a dead window where the dancing
>> penguin would be. And Seamonkey (1.0.0 then, 1.0.2 now) is guaranteed to
>> crash if I try to do any further browsing.
>
> Assuming that you have the Java 1.4.2 SDK installed, open the SDK folder
> and in the \DEMO\PLUGIN\APPLETS folder are several test applets.  Drag
> the HTML file from each in turn and drop on SeaMonkey to see if they
> work.  I checked mine (Peter's latest) and they most seem to work.  If
> they work, then your problem is with the permissions you have set (or a
> permission bug).  If you suspect a permission bug, then check using the
> SUN url I posted up thread.

  The demo applets work fine.
  As noted above the jvm test site at Sun always fails. And SM always
crashes shortly thereafter.
  How do I determine my local Java permissions, and how do I change them
to run remote applications?

Java: v1.4.2_05(-b04)
  SM: V1.0.2

(Remove DESPAMMZ for email)
0
James
6/8/2006 8:27:50 PM
Sir:

James Moe wrote:
> William L. Hartzell wrote:
>>>   Something has changed with those browsers. I have not changed my OS
>>> version (wseb v4.50 fp3) and I have the same problem. It is not the
>>> operating system. I have not changed the Java installation during that
>>> time. The last time I remember the Java plugin working was in Mozilla v1.7.12.
>>>   The test site at Sun always fails with a dead window where the dancing
>>> penguin would be. And Seamonkey (1.0.0 then, 1.0.2 now) is guaranteed to
>>> crash if I try to do any further browsing.
>> Assuming that you have the Java 1.4.2 SDK installed, open the SDK folder
>> and in the \DEMO\PLUGIN\APPLETS folder are several test applets.  Drag
>> the HTML file from each in turn and drop on SeaMonkey to see if they
>> work.  I checked mine (Peter's latest) and they most seem to work.  If
>> they work, then your problem is with the permissions you have set (or a
>> permission bug).  If you suspect a permission bug, then check using the
>> SUN url I posted up thread.
>>
>   The demo applets work fine.
>   As noted above the jvm test site at Sun always fails. And SM always
> crashes shortly thereafter.
>   How do I determine my local Java permissions, and how do I change them
> to run remote applications?
>
> Java: v1.4.2_05(-b04)
>   SM: V1.0.2

You have proved that the Java plug-ins are installed correctly and do
function.

Verify that you have Java enabled in Edit -> Preferences -> Advanced,
and under Edit -> Preferences -> Advanced -> Scrips & Plug-ins you have
the plug-ins disabled for mail and newsgroups.  That allows the Java to
work only in the browser.  (This is in here only for completeness as
you've proved that they work).

Next open the Java 1.4.2 SDK folder -> Jre -> Bin and execute j2cpl.exe.
  There on setup everything to match your system.  I have a proxy
installed, and for me the proxy settings must be setup.  When you
finished changes, click upon the *Apply* button on the bottom to save
your changes.  Then look in your config.sys to see that SET
JAVA_HIGH_MEMORY=1 is there and that VIRTUALADDRESSLIMIT=1024 is like
that or is missing altogether.  If you made any changes, reboot and try
again.

If you still have problem, then you will need to remove all extensions
and try it without extensions (this means a fresh install and a new
profile, & a reboot).  If it still happens, then ask Peter for a Debug
build of the program (off-line), or instructions for enabling the debug
functions.

--
Bill
Thanks a Million!
   at 12:25 PM, inkleputDEL@ETEisp.com said:

>With this arrangement I go to http://javatester.org/version.html and
>http://www.java.com/en/download/help/testvm.xml to test.

>java.lang.NullPointerException

>At the java.lang.NullPointerException error box I get the following
>details:

>PointerException

>  at sun.plugin.net.proxy.WNetscape4ProxyConfig.getNSVersion(Unknown
>Source)
>  at
>sun.plugin.net.proxy.WNetscape4ProxyConfig.getBrowserProxyInfo(Unknown
>Source)
>  at sun.plugin.net.proxy.PluginProxyManager.reset(Unknown Source)
>  at sun.plugin.AppletViewer.initEnvironment(Unknown Source)

Did you test this with a new profile or did you use an existing profile?

Under Preferences->Advanced->Proxies, do you have anything set?

Regards,

Steven

Steven Levine <steve53@earthlink.bogus.net>  MR2/ICE 2.67 #10183
Warp/eCS/DIY/14.103a_W4 www.scoug.com irc.fyrelizard.com #scoug (Wed 7pm PST)

steve53
6/9/2006 3:14:28 AM
Peter Brown <losepeteSPAM-ME-NOT@ntlworld.com> said:

>> I'm sure I must have left out something...

>Close Seamonkey.

>Delete the pluginreg.dat file (probably in f:\mozprofs\mozilla
>directory).

>Restart Seamonkey.

Yup.  That's one I did and forgot to mention.

Thanks

Jim L via the eCS 1.24 version of OS/2

--
Stock market investers are expressing concern that... aw, who gives a flying fig!

0
inkleputDEL
6/9/2006 4:23:08 AM
James Moe <jmm-listDESPAMMZ@sohnen-moe.com> said:

>The test site at Sun always fails with a dead window where the dancing
>penguin would be. And Seamonkey (1.0.0 then, 1.0.2 now) is guaranteed to
>crash if I try to do any further browsing.

I don't remember exactly where, but at some point in my trials they
stopped crashing at the http://www.java.com/en/download/help/testvm.xml
test site and just gave me the java.lang error.

Jim L via the eCS 1.24 version of OS/2

--
Stock market investers are expressing concern that... aw, who gives a flying fig!

0
inkleputDEL
6/9/2006 4:25:04 AM
"William L. Hartzell" <wlhartzell@comcast.net> said:

>Sir:

>James Moe wrote:
>> inkleputDEL@ETEisp.com wrote:
>>> I'm running eCS 1.24.  The last time I had my Java plugins working is when
>>> I was still running eCS 1.15.
>>>
>>   Something has changed with those browsers. I have not changed my OS
>> version (wseb v4.50 fp3) and I have the same problem. It is not the
>> operating system. I have not changed the Java installation during that
>> time. The last time I remember the Java plugin working was in Mozilla v1.7.12.
>>   I posted about this a couple of months ago (April? March?). Alas, there
>> was no joy then either.
>>   The test site at Sun always fails with a dead window where the dancing
>> penguin would be. And Seamonkey (1.0.0 then, 1.0.2 now) is guaranteed to
>> crash if I try to do any further browsing.
>>

>Assuming that you have the Java 1.4.2 SDK installed, open the SDK folder
>and in the \DEMO\PLUGIN\APPLETS folder are several test applets.  Drag
>the HTML file from each in turn and drop on SeaMonkey to see if they
>work.  I checked mine (Peter's latest) and they most seem to work.  If
>they work, then your problem is with the permissions you have set (or a
>permission bug).  If you suspect a permission bug, then check using the
>SUN url I posted up thread.  If that character wiggles, then there is
>nothing wrong with SeaMonkey.  Let us know what you find. --
>Bill
>Thanks a Million!

I only have the runtime.

Thanks

Jim L via the eCS 1.24 version of OS/2

--
Stock market investers are expressing concern that... aw, who gives a flying fig!

0
inkleputDEL
6/9/2006 4:29:20 AM
steve53@earthlink.net said:

>In <448711de$1$vaxyrchgqry$mr2ice@news.mozilla.org>, on 06/07/2006
>   at 12:25 PM, inkleputDEL@ETEisp.com said:

>>With this arrangement I go to http://javatester.org/version.html and
>>http://www.java.com/en/download/help/testvm.xml to test.

>>java.lang.NullPointerException

>>At the java.lang.NullPointerException error box I get the following
>>details:

>>PointerException

>>  at sun.plugin.net.proxy.WNetscape4ProxyConfig.getNSVersion(Unknown
>>Source)
>>  at
>>sun.plugin.net.proxy.WNetscape4ProxyConfig.getBrowserProxyInfo(Unknown
>>Source)
>>  at sun.plugin.net.proxy.PluginProxyManager.reset(Unknown Source)
>>  at sun.plugin.AppletViewer.initEnvironment(Unknown Source)

>Did you test this with a new profile or did you use an existing profile?

MOZ and SM are running (and fail java) on an old profile.  FF runs (and
fails java) on a new profile.

>Under Preferences->Advanced->Proxies, do you have anything set?

I have Direct Connection to the Internet checked.

Thanks

Jim L via the eCS 1.24 version of OS/2

--
Stock market investers are expressing concern that... aw, who gives a flying fig!

0
inkleputDEL
6/9/2006 4:44:48 AM
William L. Hartzell wrote:

>>   The demo applets work fine.
>>   As noted above the jvm test site at Sun always fails. And SM always
>> crashes shortly thereafter.
>>   How do I determine my local Java permissions, and how do I change them
>> to run remote applications?
>
> You have proved that the Java plug-ins are installed correctly and do
> function.
>
> Verify that you have Java enabled in Edit -> Preferences -> Advanced,
> and under Edit -> Preferences -> Advanced -> Scrips & Plug-ins you have
> the plug-ins disabled for mail and newsgroups.  That allows the Java to
> work only in the browser.  (This is in here only for completeness as
> you've proved that they work).

  Yes, that is the way I have always had it set up.

> Next open the Java 1.4.2 SDK folder -> Jre -> Bin and execute j2cpl.exe.
>   There on setup everything to match your system.  I have a proxy
> installed, and for me the proxy settings must be setup.  When you
> finished changes, click upon the *Apply* button on the bottom to save
> your changes.

  I tried a variety of combinations of with and without a proxy. No joy.

> Then look in your config.sys to see that SET
> JAVA_HIGH_MEMORY=1 is there and that VIRTUALADDRESSLIMIT=1024 is like
> that or is missing altogether.  If you made any changes, reboot and try
> again.

  SET JAVA_HIGH_MEMORY=1  <-- Yes
  VIRTUALADDRESSLIMIT=1024 <-- Not there

(Remove DESPAMMZ for email)
0
James
6/9/2006 5:01:58 AM
On Fri, 9 Jun 2006 04:25:04 UTC, inkleputDEL@ETEisp.com wrote:

> James Moe <jmm-listDESPAMMZ@sohnen-moe.com> said:
>
> >The test site at Sun always fails with a dead window where the dancing
> >penguin would be. And Seamonkey (1.0.0 then, 1.0.2 now) is guaranteed to
> >crash if I try to do any further browsing.
>
> I don't remember exactly where, but at some point in my trials they
> stopped crashing at the http://www.java.com/en/download/help/testvm.xml
> test site and just gave me the java.lang error.

FWIW, I have never seen a wiggling penguin or whatever on this page with any
browser - Mozilla/SeaMonkey/FF. Trying it just now, I clicked on one of its
links and a new page came up fine. I then clicked 'Back' and SeaMonkey (Peter's
1.0.2) just crashed, i.e. exited.

Best regards
Sten Solberg

0
Sten
6/9/2006 12:27:10 PM
With the exception of running Java demos?  What he said - Java console and
all.

Is there something outside of Java demos that can make the point?

James Moe <jmm-listDESPAMMZ@sohnen-moe.com> said:

>William L. Hartzell wrote:
>>>>
>>>   The demo applets work fine.
>>>   As noted above the jvm test site at Sun always fails. And SM always
>>> crashes shortly thereafter.
>>>   How do I determine my local Java permissions, and how do I change them
>>> to run remote applications?
>>
>> You have proved that the Java plug-ins are installed correctly and do
>> function.
>>
>> Verify that you have Java enabled in Edit -> Preferences -> Advanced,
>> and under Edit -> Preferences -> Advanced -> Scrips & Plug-ins you have
>> the plug-ins disabled for mail and newsgroups.  That allows the Java to
>> work only in the browser.  (This is in here only for completeness as
>> you've proved that they work).
>>
>  Yes, that is the way I have always had it set up.

>> Next open the Java 1.4.2 SDK folder -> Jre -> Bin and execute j2cpl.exe.
>>   There on setup everything to match your system.  I have a proxy
>> installed, and for me the proxy settings must be setup.  When you
>> finished changes, click upon the *Apply* button on the bottom to save
>> your changes.

>  I tried a variety of combinations of with and without a proxy. No joy.

>> Then look in your config.sys to see that SET
>> JAVA_HIGH_MEMORY=1 is there and that VIRTUALADDRESSLIMIT=1024 is like
>> that or is missing altogether.  If you made any changes, reboot and try
>> again.
>>
>  SET JAVA_HIGH_MEMORY=1  <-- Yes
>  VIRTUALADDRESSLIMIT=1024 <-- Not there

Jim L via the eCS 1.24 version of OS/2

--
Stock market investers are expressing concern that... aw, who gives a flying fig!

0
inkleputDEL
6/9/2006 5:03:13 PM
Sten Solberg wrote:

> FWIW, I have never seen a wiggling penguin or whatever on this page with any
> browser - Mozilla/SeaMonkey/FF. Trying it just now, I clicked on one of its
> links and a new page came up fine. I then clicked 'Back' and SeaMonkey (Peter's
> 1.0.2) just crashed, i.e. exited.

  Yes, that's the problem.

(Remove DESPAMMZ for email)
0
James
6/9/2006 7:54:50 PM
Sir:

inkleputDEL@ETEisp.com wrote:
> With the exception of running Java demos?  What he said - Java console and
> all.
>
> Is there something outside of Java demos that can make the point?

I am afraid that the SDK is the only place to get the Demos that are
used for this test.  The point of the test is to prove if the plug-ins
work.  That they do in his case seems to indicate that it is some
function of communication that is broken.  I would in his case use
IPtrace while he was attempting to get the wiggling character to play to
see if the request is even being sent to the site or if the site is not
responding or if the reply is not being acknowledged or is not being
used.  The first and last possibilities would indicate Mozilla bugs,
while the middle two could be a tcpip configuration error or problems
outside our control, but unlikely as they work here.
--
Bill
Thanks a Million!

James Moe wrote:
> Sten Solberg wrote:
>> FWIW, I have never seen a wiggling penguin or whatever on this page with any
>> browser - Mozilla/SeaMonkey/FF. Trying it just now, I clicked on one of its
>> links and a new page came up fine. I then clicked 'Back' and SeaMonkey (Peter's
>> 1.0.2) just crashed, i.e. exited.
>>
>   Yes, that's the problem.

What tcpip stack are you using and which version of the system kernel?
Can you run an IPtrace of an attempt to connect to the site?
--
Bill
Thanks a Million!
William L. Hartzell wrote:

>>   The demo applets work fine.
>>   As noted above the jvm test site at Sun always fails. And SM always
>> crashes shortly thereafter.
>>   How do I determine my local Java permissions, and how do I change them
>> to run remote applications?
>>
>> Java: v1.4.2_05(-b04)
>>   SM: V1.0.2
>
> You have proven that the Java plug-ins are installed correctly and do
> function.
>
> If you still have problem, then you will need to remove all extensions
> and try it without extensions (this means a fresh install and a new
> profile, & a reboot).  If it still happens, then ask Peter for a Debug
> build of the program (off-line), or instructions for enabling the debug
> functions.

  I installed isolated versions of Seamonkey, both official and
unofficial. There are no extensions, the profile is minimal. Both fail the
Sun Java jvm site.
  Rather than ask for a debug version (although I am not adverse), is it
better to report this in Bugzilla?

(Remove DESPAMMZ for email)
0
James
6/9/2006 11:17:58 PM
>> Sten Solberg wrote:
>>> FWIW, I have never seen a wiggling penguin or whatever on this page with any
>>> browser - Mozilla/SeaMonkey/FF. Trying it just now, I clicked on one of its
>>> links and a new page came up fine. I then clicked 'Back' and SeaMonkey (Peter's
>>> 1.0.2) just crashed, i.e. exited.
>>>
>>   Yes, that's the problem.
>
> What tcpip stack are you using and which version of the system kernel?
> Can you run an IPtrace of an attempt to connect to the site?

os/2 wseb v4.50 fp3
kernel 14.104a
TCPIP v4.21
inetver 6.3100

  I ran an IPTrace. As nearly as I can tell it never actually downloaded
the testvm.class code. If you are interested, I'll send the trace to you.

(Remove DESPAMMZ for email)
0
James
6/10/2006 12:48:14 AM
James Moe <jmm-listDESPAMMZ@sohnen-moe.com> said:

>> What tcpip stack are you using and which version of the system kernel?
>> Can you run an IPtrace of an attempt to connect to the site?

>kernel 14.104a

I'm running 14.103a.

Jim L via the eCS 1.24 version of OS/2

--
Stock market investers are expressing concern that... aw, who gives a flying fig!

0
inkleputDEL
6/10/2006 2:47:50 AM
Sir:

James Moe wrote:

>>>   Yes, that's the problem.
>> What tcpip stack are you using and which version of the system kernel?
>> Can you run an IPtrace of an attempt to connect to the site?
>
> os/2 wseb v4.50 fp3
> kernel 14.104a
> TCPIP v4.21
> inetver 6.3100
>
>   I ran an IPTrace. As nearly as I can tell it never actually downloaded
> the testvm.class code. If you are interested, I'll send the trace to you.

I am far from the expert, but I would not mind the gander.  Zip it up,
please and attach to an e-mail.  If it is less than 2 MiB, it should get
through the spam filters.
--
Bill
Thanks a Million!
   at 02:03 PM, inkleputDEL@ETEisp.com said:

>>> Then look in your config.sys to see that SET
>>> JAVA_HIGH_MEMORY=1 is there and that VIRTUALADDRESSLIMIT=1024 is like
>>> that or is missing altogether.  If you made any changes, reboot and try
>>> again.
>>>
>>  SET JAVA_HIGH_MEMORY=1  <-- Yes
>>  VIRTUALADDRESSLIMIT=1024 <-- Not there

This is fine.  Somehow, I think I want to see the content of your PATH,
DPATH and LIBPATH statements.

BTW, remind me.  How are you starting Seamonkey?  WIth a simple Program
object or with a script.  If a script, post its contents.

Steven

Steven Levine <steve53@earthlink.bogus.net>  MR2/ICE 2.67 #10183
Warp/eCS/DIY/14.103a_W4 www.scoug.com irc.fyrelizard.com #scoug (Wed 7pm PST)

steve53
6/10/2006 11:06:34 PM
In <c1.2b5.31G0J3$2VW@12-237-213-129.client.comcast.net>, on 06/09/2006
   at 05:44 PM, "William L. Hartzell" <wlhartzell@comcast.net> said:

>I am afraid that the SDK is the only place to get the Demos that are
>used for this test.

Not quite.  Get

  http://home.earthlink.net/~steve53/betas/ClockClass.zip

Unzip it to a work directory.  Open ClockClass.html in your browser and if
you have a working Java plugin, the ugly clock will act like a clock.  I
recommend that those with borked Java's open the Java Console before
opening the html page.

Regards,

Steven

Steven Levine <steve53@earthlink.bogus.net>  MR2/ICE 2.67 #10183
Warp/eCS/DIY/14.103a_W4 www.scoug.com irc.fyrelizard.com #scoug (Wed 7pm PST)

steve53
6/10/2006 11:18:53 PM
In <FeqdnYIc4tg7nBfZnZ2dnUVZ_sednZ2d@mozilla.org>, on 06/09/2006
   at 04:17 PM, James Moe <jmm-listDESPAMMZ@sohnen-moe.com> said:

>  Rather than ask for a debug version (although I am not adverse), is it
>better to report this in Bugzilla?

Try my baby applet first.  This takes a lot of variables out of the
equation.

Regards,

Steven

Steven Levine <steve53@earthlink.bogus.net>  MR2/ICE 2.67 #10183
Warp/eCS/DIY/14.103a_W4 www.scoug.com irc.fyrelizard.com #scoug (Wed 7pm PST)

steve53
6/10/2006 11:22:37 PM
In <NpWdndsDTJFSixfZnZ2dnUVZ_sednZ2d@mozilla.org>, on 06/09/2006
   at 05:48 PM, James Moe <jmm-listDESPAMMZ@sohnen-moe.com> said:

>  I ran an IPTrace. As nearly as I can tell it never actually downloaded
>the testvm.class code. If you are interested, I'll send the trace to you.

If you post process the formatted output with

  http://home.earthlink.net/~steve53/os2diags/IPFormatToText.zip

I believe you will find it easier to read

What my trace shows is

GET /en/download/help/testvm.xml HTTP/1.1
GET /js/css.js HTTP/1.1
GET /css/sun_bigger.css HTTP/1.1
GET /im/logo_java.gif HTTP/1.1
GET /im/side_col.gif HTTP/1.1
GET /en/img/nav/tagline.gif HTTP/1.1
GET /js/searchLang.js HTTP/1.1
GET /en/img/nav/games_off.gif HTTP/1.1
GET /im/nav/v_line.gif HTTP/1.1
GET /en/img/nav/dukeszone_off.gif HTTP/1.1
GET /en/img/nav/search_button.gif HTTP/1.1
GET /im/hline_d0d0d0.gif HTTP/1.1
GET /en/img/download/testvm_solaris.jpg HTTP/1.1
GET /en/img/download/help_lines.gif HTTP/1.1
GET /en/img/download/testvm_linux.jpg HTTP/1.1
GET /en/img/nav/mobile_off.gif HTTP/1.1
GET /en/img/nav/desktop_off.gif HTTP/1.1
GET /en/img/nav/everywhere_off.gif HTTP/1.1
GET /im/ic_print.gif HTTP/1.1
GET /en/img/download/testvm_xp.jpg HTTP/1.1
GET /en/img/download/testvm_apple.jpg HTTP/1.1
GET /share/ratethispage/button.js HTTP/1.1
GET /en/img/download/loadfailed.jpg HTTP/1.1
GET /im/download/help_lines.gif HTTP/1.1
GET /im/bg_long_subheader_gradient.gif HTTP/1.1
GET /sunsurveys/js/button.js HTTP/1.1
GET /im/download/back_button.gif HTTP/1.1
GET /im/bg_subheader_gradient.gif HTTP/1.1
GET /im/a.gif HTTP/1.1
GET /js/s_code_remote.js HTTP/1.1
GET /im/logo_footer.gif HTTP/1.1
GET /b/ss/sunglobal,sunjava/1/G.5-PD-R/s99766610349344?[AQB]&ndh=1&t=10/
GET /b/ss/sunglobal,sunjava/1/G.5-PD-R/s99766610349344?[AQB]&pccr=true&&
GET /applet/testvm.class HTTP/1.1
GET /en/img/download/t1.gif HTTP/1.1
GET /en/img/download/t2.gif HTTP/1.1
GET /en/img/download/t3.gif HTTP/1.1
GET /en/img/download/t4.gif HTTP/1.1
GET /en/img/download/t5.gif HTTP/1.1
GET /en/img/download/t6.gif HTTP/1.1
GET /en/img/download/t7.gif HTTP/1.1

The Java code is fetched with

 GET /applet/testvm.class HTTP/1.1

Looking at the trace output, testvm may require session cookies to operate
correctly.  Of course the jvm still should not crash.

Steven

Steven Levine <steve53@earthlink.bogus.net>  MR2/ICE 2.67 #10183
Warp/eCS/DIY/14.103a_W4 www.scoug.com irc.fyrelizard.com #scoug (Wed 7pm PST)

steve53
6/10/2006 11:24:25 PM
In <448a4228$1$vaxyrchgqry$mr2ice@news.mozilla.org>, on 06/09/2006
   at 11:47 PM, inkleputDEL@ETEisp.com said:

>>kernel 14.104a

>I'm running 14.103a.

My current belief is none of this is relevant.  I'm starting to think that
it's got to be something user specific, like font selections.  A couple of
popuplogs and process dumps might provide some clues.

Regards,

Steven

Steven Levine <steve53@earthlink.bogus.net>  MR2/ICE 2.67 #10183
Warp/eCS/DIY/14.103a_W4 www.scoug.com irc.fyrelizard.com #scoug (Wed 7pm PST)

steve53
6/10/2006 11:31:53 PM
On Sat, 10 Jun 2006 23:18:53 UTC, steve53@earthlink.net wrote:

> In <c1.2b5.31G0J3$2VW@12-237-213-129.client.comcast.net>, on 06/09/2006
>    at 05:44 PM, "William L. Hartzell" <wlhartzell@comcast.net> said:
>
> >I am afraid that the SDK is the only place to get the Demos that are
> >used for this test.
>
> Not quite.  Get
>
>   http://home.earthlink.net/~steve53/betas/ClockClass.zip
>
> Unzip it to a work directory.  Open ClockClass.html in your browser and if
> you have a working Java plugin, the ugly clock will act like a clock.  I
> recommend that those with borked Java's open the Java Console before
> opening the html page.

This seems to work here. I get the date and time in white on a dark blue
rectangle in my local(?) format: 11. juni 2006 10:26:50

I had opened the Java console before trying; it shows no errors.

But I see no wiggling at this site:

>http://www.java.com/en/download/help/testvm.xml

Best regards
Sten Solberg

0
Sten
6/11/2006 8:36:04 AM
steve53@earthlink.net said:

>>>  SET JAVA_HIGH_MEMORY=1  <-- Yes
>>>  VIRTUALADDRESSLIMIT=1024 <-- Not there

>This is fine.  Somehow, I think I want to see the content of your PATH,
>DPATH and LIBPATH statements.

(If I can find them under 1.2)

SET
PATH=C:\MPTN\BIN;C:\IBMCOM;C:\IBMLAN\NETPROG;C:\MUGLIB;C:\TCPIP\BIN;C:\IBMGSK50\BIN;C:\IBMGSK40\BIN;C:\IBMGSK\BIN;.;C:\ECS\BIN;C:\OS2;C:\OS2\SYSTEM;C:\OS2\MDOS\WINOS2;C:\OS2\INSTALL;C:\;C:\OS2\MDOS;C:\OS2\APPS;C:\EMX\BIN;F:\RSJCD;C:\MMOS2\FREEDB;C:\MMOS2;C:\MMOS2\MMPLAYER;E:\ODIN\SYSTEM32;E:\UTILS;E:\UNIMAINT;c:\java142\bin;

SET
DPATH=C:\MPTN;C:\IBMCOM;C:\IBMLAN\NETPROG;C:\IBMLAN;C:\MUGLIB;C:\ECS\LANG;C:\OS2;C:\OS2\SYSTEM;C:\OS2\MDOS\WINOS2;.;C:\OS2\INSTALL;C:\;C:\OS2\BITMAP;C:\OS2\MDOS;C:\OS2\APPS;C:\MMOS2;C:\MMOS2\INSTALL;E:\UTILS;

LIBPATH=F:\RSJCD;C:\IBMLAN\NETLIB;C:\MUGLIB\DLL;C:\PROGRAMS\NETSCAPE\PROGRAM;.;C:\ECS\DLL;C:\OS2\DLL;C:\MPTN\DLL;C:\IBMCOM\DLL;C:\IBMGSK50\LIB;C:\IBMGSK40\LIB;C:\IBMGSK\LIB;C:\TCPIP\DLL;C:\OS2\MDOS;C:\;C:\OS2\APPS\DLL;C:\EMX\DLL;C:\MMOS2\DLL;C:\MMOS2\FREEDB;E:\MYDLLS;E:\UTILS\INIEDIT;E:\ODIN\SYSTEM32;E:\UNIMAINT;E:\UTILS;

>BTW, remind me.  How are you starting Seamonkey?  WIth a simple Program
>object or with a script.  If a script, post its contents.

>Steven

Starting from installer's program objects with all 3 browsers.  I have run
them from the program folder, from eComcenter and through a file manager
launcher - all with the same results. I have never used scripts.

Jim L via the eCS 1.24 version of OS/2

--
Stock market investers are expressing concern that... aw, who gives a flying fig!

0
inkleputDEL
6/11/2006 5:02:19 PM
steve53@earthlink.net said:

>Get

>  http://home.earthlink.net/~steve53/betas/ClockClass.zip

>Unzip it to a work directory.  Open ClockClass.html in your browser and
>if you have a working Java plugin, the ugly clock will act like a clock.
>I recommend that those with borked Java's open the Java Console before
>opening the html page.

Done:

1. It gave me the same error and locked up EVERYTHING to CAD level.
Rebooted. 2. It gave me the same error and locked up only SM. Killed
process. Restarted. 3. It gave me the same error, which I could click out
of, then it drew a grey rectangle in hte upper left corner of SM. 4.
That's as far as it ever got.
5. These steps make no sense to me. ;O.

Jim L via the eCS 1.24 version of OS/2

--
Stock market investers are expressing concern that... aw, who gives a flying fig!

0
inkleputDEL
6/11/2006 5:31:53 PM
steve53@earthlink.net said:

>those with borked Java's open the Java Console

Who's Bork?

Jim L via the eCS 1.24 version of OS/2

--
Stock market investers are expressing concern that... aw, who gives a flying fig!

0
inkleputDEL
6/11/2006 5:39:45 PM
steve53@earthlink.net said:

>My current belief is none of this is relevant.  I'm starting to think
>that it's got to be something user specific, like font selections.  A
>couple of popuplogs

04-01-2006  15:44:29  SYS3175  PID 0089  TID 0001  Slot 00b0
F:\MOZILLA\MOZILLA.EXE
c0000005
16bd027c
P1=00000001  P2=05d30008  P3=XXXXXXXX  P4=XXXXXXXX
EAX=00001301  EBX=0000139d  ECX=05d30000  EDX=21000000
ESI=1a0d0f86  EDI=1a0c0902
DS=0053  DSACC=f0f3  DSLIM=ffffffff
ES=0053  ESACC=f0f3  ESLIM=ffffffff
FS=150b  FSACC=00f3  FSLIM=00000030
GS=0000  GSACC=****  GSLIM=********
CS:EIP=005b:16bd027c  CSACC=f0df  CSLIM=ffffffff
SS:ESP=0053:0012f144  SSACC=f0f3  SSLIM=ffffffff
EBP=0012f178  FLG=00012206

DVMC.DLL 0001:0000027c

04-19-2006  01:31:49  SYS3175  PID 002a  TID 000b  Slot 00b0
C:\OS2\PMSHELL.EXE
c0000005
16151856
P1=00000001  P2=16151856  P3=XXXXXXXX  P4=XXXXXXXX
EAX=00000000  EBX=0294773c  ECX=00000000  EDX=13e8af80
ESI=0294773c  EDI=002a000b
DS=0053  DSACC=f0f3  DSLIM=ffffffff
ES=0053  ESACC=f0f3  ESLIM=ffffffff
FS=150b  FSACC=00f3  FSLIM=00000030
GS=0000  GSACC=****  GSLIM=********
CS:EIP=005b:16151856  CSACC=f0df  CSLIM=ffffffff
SS:ESP=0053:029b3fa8  SSACC=f0f3  SSLIM=ffffffff
EBP=029b3ff4  FLG=00012202

04-23-2006  02:48:21  SYS3175  PID 00f1  TID 0001  Slot 00aa
F:\SEAMONKEY\SEAMONKEY.EXE
c0000005
1de220d3
P1=00000001  P2=00004678  P3=XXXXXXXX  P4=XXXXXXXX
EAX=003205c0  EBX=003205c0  ECX=00000002  EDX=178b0118
ESI=00002400  EDI=0011fc80
DS=0053  DSACC=f0f3  DSLIM=ffffffff
ES=0053  ESACC=f0f3  ESLIM=ffffffff
FS=150b  FSACC=00f3  FSLIM=00000030
GS=0000  GSACC=****  GSLIM=********
CS:EIP=005b:1de220d3  CSACC=f0df  CSLIM=ffffffff
SS:ESP=0053:0011fb94  SSACC=f0f3  SSLIM=ffffffff
EBP=0011fbb8  FLG=00012202

MOZJS.DLL 0001:000220d3

04-23-2006  02:49:14  SYS3175  PID 00f7  TID 0001  Slot 00ab
F:\SEAMONKEY\SEAMONKEY.EXE
c0000005
1de220d3
P1=00000001  P2=00004678  P3=XXXXXXXX  P4=XXXXXXXX
EAX=003205c0  EBX=003205c0  ECX=00000002  EDX=178b0118
ESI=00002400  EDI=0011fc80
DS=0053  DSACC=f0f3  DSLIM=ffffffff
ES=0053  ESACC=f0f3  ESLIM=ffffffff
FS=150b  FSACC=00f3  FSLIM=00000030
GS=0000  GSACC=****  GSLIM=********
CS:EIP=005b:1de220d3  CSACC=f0df  CSLIM=ffffffff
SS:ESP=0053:0011fb94  SSACC=f0f3  SSLIM=ffffffff
EBP=0011fbb8  FLG=00012202

MOZJS.DLL 0001:000220d3

04-23-2006  02:49:49  SYS3175  PID 00fe  TID 0001  Slot 00ab
F:\SEAMONKEY\SEAMONKEY.EXE
c0000005
1de220d3
P1=00000001  P2=00004678  P3=XXXXXXXX  P4=XXXXXXXX
EAX=003205c0  EBX=003205c0  ECX=00000002  EDX=17840118
ESI=00002400  EDI=0011fc80
DS=0053  DSACC=f0f3  DSLIM=ffffffff
ES=0053  ESACC=f0f3  ESLIM=ffffffff
FS=150b  FSACC=00f3  FSLIM=00000030
GS=0000  GSACC=****  GSLIM=********
CS:EIP=005b:1de220d3  CSACC=f0df  CSLIM=ffffffff
SS:ESP=0053:0011fb94  SSACC=f0f3  SSLIM=ffffffff
EBP=0011fbb8  FLG=00012202

MOZJS.DLL 0001:000220d3

04-26-2006  00:35:23  SYS3175  PID 002a  TID 000b  Slot 00b4
C:\OS2\PMSHELL.EXE
c0000005
1e5660b0
P1=00000001  P2=00000000  P3=XXXXXXXX  P4=XXXXXXXX
EAX=00000000  EBX=027d0ef0  ECX=00000104  EDX=027d0f00
ESI=00000000  EDI=00000000
DS=0053  DSACC=f0f3  DSLIM=ffffffff
ES=0053  ESACC=f0f3  ESLIM=ffffffff
FS=150b  FSACC=00f3  FSLIM=00000030
GS=0000  GSACC=****  GSLIM=********
CS:EIP=005b:1e5660b0  CSACC=f0df  CSLIM=ffffffff
SS:ESP=0053:02b1ff24  SSACC=f0f3  SSLIM=ffffffff
EBP=02b1ff30  FLG=00012246

CWMM.DLL 0001:000060b0

05-22-2006  03:05:24  SYS3175  PID 0680  TID 0001  Slot 00ae
F:\SEAMONKEY\SEAMONKEY.EXE
c0000005
1dba9e0c
P1=00000001  P2=00000080  P3=XXXXXXXX  P4=XXXXXXXX
EAX=00000e7f  EBX=12f0162c  ECX=00000078  EDX=12f01500
ESI=00000044  EDI=0000000b
DS=0053  DSACC=f0f3  DSLIM=ffffffff
ES=0053  ESACC=f0f3  ESLIM=ffffffff
FS=150b  FSACC=00f3  FSLIM=00000030
GS=0000  GSACC=****  GSLIM=********
CS:EIP=005b:1dba9e0c  CSACC=f0df  CSLIM=ffffffff
SS:ESP=0053:00118344  SSACC=f0f3  SSLIM=ffffffff
EBP=0011849c  FLG=00252206

GFX_OS2.DLL 0001:00009e0c

05-28-2006  14:05:48  SYS3175  PID 007a  TID 0001  Slot 00b9
F:\SEAMONKEY\SEAMONKEY.EXE
c0000005
1d98cde1
P1=00000001  P2=00000000  P3=XXXXXXXX  P4=XXXXXXXX
EAX=0042ca04  EBX=0042ca00  ECX=00000000  EDX=00000000
ESI=006b295c  EDI=006e0220
DS=0053  DSACC=f0f3  DSLIM=ffffffff
ES=0053  ESACC=f0f3  ESLIM=ffffffff
FS=150b  FSACC=00f3  FSLIM=00000030
GS=0000  GSACC=****  GSLIM=********
CS:EIP=005b:1d98cde1  CSACC=f0df  CSLIM=ffffffff
SS:ESP=0053:0011f700  SSACC=f0f3  SSLIM=ffffffff
EBP=0011f71c  FLG=00012216

GKLAYOUT.DLL 0001:0016cde1

05-29-2006  10:05:58  SYS3186  PID 007e  TID 0005  Slot 00b5
F:\FIREFOX\FIREFOX.EXE
c000009d
00cb0158
EAX=00fab498  EBX=00d1c820  ECX=00dcf0d8  EDX=2020f63f
ESI=00000000  EDI=0316fc9c
DS=0053  DSACC=f0f3  DSLIM=ffffffff
ES=0053  ESACC=f0f3  ESLIM=ffffffff
FS=150b  FSACC=00f3  FSLIM=00000030
GS=0000  GSACC=****  GSLIM=********
CS:EIP=005b:00cb0158  CSACC=f0df  CSLIM=ffffffff
SS:ESP=0053:0316fc58  SSACC=f0f3  SSLIM=ffffffff
EBP=0316fc74  FLG=00012206

LIBC05.DLL

05-29-2006  10:37:04  SYS3175  PID 0148  TID 0001  Slot 00ac
F:\FIREFOX\FIREFOX.EXE
c0000005
1dfcf646
P1=00000001  P2=17aa011c  P3=XXXXXXXX  P4=XXXXXXXX
EAX=00d1de20  EBX=00cb7c48  ECX=00000002  EDX=17aa0118
ESI=00000000  EDI=00a1f440
DS=0053  DSACC=f0f3  DSLIM=ffffffff
ES=0053  ESACC=f0f3  ESLIM=ffffffff
FS=150b  FSACC=00f3  FSLIM=00000030
GS=0000  GSACC=****  GSLIM=********
CS:EIP=005b:1dfcf646  CSACC=f0df  CSLIM=ffffffff
SS:ESP=0053:00a1f3e0  SSACC=f0f3  SSLIM=ffffffff
EBP=00a1f408  FLG=00012216

XPCOMCOR.DLL 0001:0003f646

05-29-2006  10:38:43  SYS3175  PID 0153  TID 0001  Slot 00b6
F:\FIREFOX\FIREFOX.EXE
c0000005
1dfcf646
P1=00000001  P2=17aa011c  P3=XXXXXXXX  P4=XXXXXXXX
EAX=00d1de20  EBX=00cb7c48  ECX=00000002  EDX=17aa0118
ESI=00000000  EDI=00a1f440
DS=0053  DSACC=f0f3  DSLIM=ffffffff
ES=0053  ESACC=f0f3  ESLIM=ffffffff
FS=150b  FSACC=00f3  FSLIM=00000030
GS=0000  GSACC=****  GSLIM=********
CS:EIP=005b:1dfcf646  CSACC=f0df  CSLIM=ffffffff
SS:ESP=0053:00a1f3e0  SSACC=f0f3  SSLIM=ffffffff
EBP=00a1f408  FLG=00012216

XPCOMCOR.DLL 0001:0003f646

05-29-2006  10:39:02  SYS3175  PID 0154  TID 0001  Slot 00b6
F:\FIREFOX\FIREFOX.EXE
c0000005
1dfcf646
P1=00000001  P2=17aa011c  P3=XXXXXXXX  P4=XXXXXXXX
EAX=00d1de20  EBX=00cb7c48  ECX=00000002  EDX=17aa0118
ESI=00000000  EDI=00a1f440
DS=0053  DSACC=f0f3  DSLIM=ffffffff
ES=0053  ESACC=f0f3  ESLIM=ffffffff
FS=150b  FSACC=00f3  FSLIM=00000030
GS=0000  GSACC=****  GSLIM=********
CS:EIP=005b:1dfcf646  CSACC=f0df  CSLIM=ffffffff
SS:ESP=0053:00a1f3e0  SSACC=f0f3  SSLIM=ffffffff
EBP=00a1f408  FLG=00012216

XPCOMCOR.DLL 0001:0003f646

05-29-2006  10:39:26  SYS3175  PID 0159  TID 0001  Slot 00b6
F:\FIREFOX\FIREFOX.EXE
c0000005
1dfcf646
P1=00000001  P2=17a9011c  P3=XXXXXXXX  P4=XXXXXXXX
EAX=00d1de20  EBX=00cb7c48  ECX=00000002  EDX=17a90118
ESI=00000000  EDI=00a1f440
DS=0053  DSACC=f0f3  DSLIM=ffffffff
ES=0053  ESACC=f0f3  ESLIM=ffffffff
FS=150b  FSACC=00f3  FSLIM=00000030
GS=0000  GSACC=****  GSLIM=********
CS:EIP=005b:1dfcf646  CSACC=f0df  CSLIM=ffffffff
SS:ESP=0053:00a1f3e0  SSACC=f0f3  SSLIM=ffffffff
EBP=00a1f408  FLG=00012216

XPCOMCOR.DLL 0001:0003f646

05-29-2006  10:57:33  SYS3175  PID 009f  TID 0001  Slot 00af
F:\FIREFOX\FIREFOX.EXE
c0000005
1dfcf646
P1=00000001  P2=17ad011c  P3=XXXXXXXX  P4=XXXXXXXX
EAX=00d1de20  EBX=00cb7c48  ECX=00000002  EDX=17ad0118
ESI=00000000  EDI=00a1f440
DS=0053  DSACC=f0f3  DSLIM=ffffffff
ES=0053  ESACC=f0f3  ESLIM=ffffffff
FS=150b  FSACC=00f3  FSLIM=00000030
GS=0000  GSACC=****  GSLIM=********
CS:EIP=005b:1dfcf646  CSACC=f0df  CSLIM=ffffffff
SS:ESP=0053:00a1f3e0  SSACC=f0f3  SSLIM=ffffffff
EBP=00a1f408  FLG=00012216

XPCOMCOR.DLL 0001:0003f646

05-29-2006  10:57:53  SYS3175  PID 00a3  TID 0001  Slot 00b2
F:\FIREFOX\FIREFOX.EXE
c0000005
1dfcf646
P1=00000001  P2=17ac011c  P3=XXXXXXXX  P4=XXXXXXXX
EAX=00d1de20  EBX=00cb7c48  ECX=00000002  EDX=17ac0118
ESI=00000000  EDI=00a1f440
DS=0053  DSACC=f0f3  DSLIM=ffffffff
ES=0053  ESACC=f0f3  ESLIM=ffffffff
FS=150b  FSACC=00f3  FSLIM=00000030
GS=0000  GSACC=****  GSLIM=********
CS:EIP=005b:1dfcf646  CSACC=f0df  CSLIM=ffffffff
SS:ESP=0053:00a1f3e0  SSACC=f0f3  SSLIM=ffffffff
EBP=00a1f408  FLG=00012216

XPCOMCOR.DLL 0001:0003f646

05-29-2006  10:58:20  SYS3175  PID 00a9  TID 0001  Slot 00b2
F:\FIREFOX\FIREFOX.EXE
c0000005
1dfcf646
P1=00000001  P2=17ac011c  P3=XXXXXXXX  P4=XXXXXXXX
EAX=00d1de20  EBX=00cb7c48  ECX=00000002  EDX=17ac0118
ESI=00000000  EDI=00a1f440
DS=0053  DSACC=f0f3  DSLIM=ffffffff
ES=0053  ESACC=f0f3  ESLIM=ffffffff
FS=150b  FSACC=00f3  FSLIM=00000030
GS=0000  GSACC=****  GSLIM=********
CS:EIP=005b:1dfcf646  CSACC=f0df  CSLIM=ffffffff
SS:ESP=0053:00a1f3e0  SSACC=f0f3  SSLIM=ffffffff
EBP=00a1f408  FLG=00012216

XPCOMCOR.DLL 0001:0003f646

05-29-2006  10:58:38  SYS3175  PID 00ac  TID 0001  Slot 00b3
F:\FIREFOX\FIREFOX.EXE
c0000005
1dfcf646
P1=00000001  P2=17ac011c  P3=XXXXXXXX  P4=XXXXXXXX
EAX=00d1de20  EBX=00cb7c48  ECX=00000002  EDX=17ac0118
ESI=00000000  EDI=00a1f440
DS=0053  DSACC=f0f3  DSLIM=ffffffff
ES=0053  ESACC=f0f3  ESLIM=ffffffff
FS=150b  FSACC=00f3  FSLIM=00000030
GS=0000  GSACC=****  GSLIM=********
CS:EIP=005b:1dfcf646  CSACC=f0df  CSLIM=ffffffff
SS:ESP=0053:00a1f3e0  SSACC=f0f3  SSLIM=ffffffff
EBP=00a1f408  FLG=00012216

XPCOMCOR.DLL 0001:0003f646

05-29-2006  10:59:59  SYS3175  PID 00b5  TID 0001  Slot 00b3
F:\FIREFOX\FIREFOX.EXE
c0000005
1dfcf646
P1=00000001  P2=1785011c  P3=XXXXXXXX  P4=XXXXXXXX
EAX=00ce6be0  EBX=00cb7890  ECX=00000002  EDX=17850118
ESI=00000000  EDI=00a1f440
DS=0053  DSACC=f0f3  DSLIM=ffffffff
ES=0053  ESACC=f0f3  ESLIM=ffffffff
FS=150b  FSACC=00f3  FSLIM=00000030
GS=0000  GSACC=****  GSLIM=********
CS:EIP=005b:1dfcf646  CSACC=f0df  CSLIM=ffffffff
SS:ESP=0053:00a1f3e0  SSACC=f0f3  SSLIM=ffffffff
EBP=00a1f408  FLG=00012216

XPCOMCOR.DLL 0001:0003f646

05-29-2006  11:00:32  SYS3175  PID 00bc  TID 0001  Slot 00b0
F:\FIREFOX\FIREFOX.EXE
c0000005
1dfcf646
P1=00000001  P2=1777011c  P3=XXXXXXXX  P4=XXXXXXXX
EAX=00ce6be0  EBX=00cb7890  ECX=00000002  EDX=17770118
ESI=00000000  EDI=00a1f440
DS=0053  DSACC=f0f3  DSLIM=ffffffff
ES=0053  ESACC=f0f3  ESLIM=ffffffff
FS=150b  FSACC=00f3  FSLIM=00000030
GS=0000  GSACC=****  GSLIM=********
CS:EIP=005b:1dfcf646  CSACC=f0df  CSLIM=ffffffff
SS:ESP=0053:00a1f3e0  SSACC=f0f3  SSLIM=ffffffff
EBP=00a1f408  FLG=00012216

XPCOMCOR.DLL 0001:0003f646

05-29-2006  11:06:49  SYS3175  PID 00ca  TID 0001  Slot 00b3
F:\FIREFOX\FIREFOX.EXE
c0000005
1dfcf646
P1=00000001  P2=1720011c  P3=XXXXXXXX  P4=XXXXXXXX
EAX=01ae6c20  EBX=01915c58  ECX=00000002  EDX=17200118
ESI=00000000  EDI=00a1db28
DS=0053  DSACC=f0f3  DSLIM=ffffffff
ES=0053  ESACC=f0f3  ESLIM=ffffffff
FS=150b  FSACC=00f3  FSLIM=00000030
GS=0000  GSACC=****  GSLIM=********
CS:EIP=005b:1dfcf646  CSACC=f0df  CSLIM=ffffffff
SS:ESP=0053:00a1dac8  SSACC=f0f3  SSLIM=ffffffff
EBP=00a1daf0  FLG=00012216

XPCOMCOR.DLL 0001:0003f646

05-29-2006  11:07:18  SYS3175  PID 00e9  TID 0001  Slot 00b4
F:\FIREFOX\FIREFOX.EXE
c0000005
1dfcf646
P1=00000001  P2=1738011c  P3=XXXXXXXX  P4=XXXXXXXX
EAX=018323e0  EBX=0139380c  ECX=00000002  EDX=17380118
ESI=00000000  EDI=00a1db28
DS=0053  DSACC=f0f3  DSLIM=ffffffff
ES=0053  ESACC=f0f3  ESLIM=ffffffff
FS=150b  FSACC=00f3  FSLIM=00000030
GS=0000  GSACC=****  GSLIM=********
CS:EIP=005b:1dfcf646  CSACC=f0df  CSLIM=ffffffff
SS:ESP=0053:00a1dac8  SSACC=f0f3  SSLIM=ffffffff
EBP=00a1daf0  FLG=00012216

XPCOMCOR.DLL 0001:0003f646

05-29-2006  16:35:37  SYS3175  PID 0483  TID 0001  Slot 00ac
F:\FIREFOX\FIREFOX.EXE
c0000005
00439a7f
P1=00000001  P2=00000000  P3=XXXXXXXX  P4=XXXXXXXX
EAX=00000000  EBX=00000000  ECX=00000002  EDX=03c78bb8
ESI=03746360  EDI=03c78bb8
DS=0053  DSACC=f0f3  DSLIM=ffffffff
ES=0053  ESACC=f0f3  ESLIM=ffffffff
FS=150b  FSACC=00f3  FSLIM=00000030
GS=0000  GSACC=****  GSLIM=********
CS:EIP=005b:00439a7f  CSACC=f0df  CSLIM=ffffffff
SS:ESP=0053:00a1dba8  SSACC=f0f3  SSLIM=ffffffff
EBP=00a1dc2c  FLG=00012212

FIREFOX.EXE 0001:00429a7f

06-07-2006  14:35:37  SYS3175  PID 002a  TID 0035  Slot 00b4
C:\OS2\PMSHELL.EXE
c0000005
1e5660b0
P1=00000001  P2=00000000  P3=XXXXXXXX  P4=XXXXXXXX
EAX=00000000  EBX=027e0c0c  ECX=00000104  EDX=027e0c1c
ESI=00000000  EDI=00000000
DS=0053  DSACC=f0f3  DSLIM=ffffffff
ES=0053  ESACC=f0f3  ESLIM=ffffffff
FS=150b  FSACC=00f3  FSLIM=00000030
GS=0000  GSACC=****  GSLIM=********
CS:EIP=005b:1e5660b0  CSACC=f0df  CSLIM=ffffffff
SS:ESP=0053:02dfff24  SSACC=f0f3  SSLIM=ffffffff
EBP=02dfff30  FLG=00012246

CWMM.DLL 0001:000060b0

Jim L via the eCS 1.24 version of OS/2

--
Stock market investers are expressing concern that... aw, who gives a flying fig!

0
inkleputDEL
6/11/2006 5:47:10 PM

>>>  SET JAVA_HIGH_MEMORY=1  <-- Yes
>>>  VIRTUALADDRESSLIMIT=1024 <-- Not there
>
> This is fine.  Somehow, I think I want to see the content of your PATH,
> DPATH and LIBPATH statements.

LIBPATH=d:\usr\local\dll;d:\usr\dll;d:\emx\dll;c:\os2\dll\newpmerge;d:\uodbc\dll;c:\mptn\dll;c:\ibmcom\dll;d:\ndfs;c:\os2\dll;c:\ibm386fs;c:\muglib\dll;c:\ibmlan\netlib;d:\netscape\program;c:\ibmgsk\lib;c:\ibmi18n\dll;c:\tcpip\dll;c:\os2\mdos;c:\os2\apps\dll;c:\java14x\jre\bin;c:\java14x\bin;c:\mmos2\dll;c:\ibminst;c:\psf2\dll;c:\wal\dll;e:\ibmcpp40\runtime;d:\sqlany50\os2;d:\watcom\binp\dll;c:\ba2pro;d:\vxrexx;d:\visprorx;d:\vpreport;d:\pmas\dll;d:\rsj;d:\odin\system32;c:\;.;
SET
path=d:\usr\cmd;d:\cmd;d:\usr\local\bin;d:\usr\bin;d:\bin;d:\emx\bin;d:\uodbc\bin;c:\mptn\bin;c:\ibmcom;c:\ibmlan\netprog;d:\netscape\program;c:\muglib;c:\ibmgsk\bin;c:\tcpip\bin;c:\java14x\jre\bin;c:\java14x\bin;c:\os2;c:\os2\system;c:\os2\mdos\winos2;c:\os2\install;c:\os2\mdos;c:\os2\apps;c:\mmos2;c:\psf2\bin;c:\psf2\binshare;c:\wal;c:\ibm386fs;d:\sqlany50\os2;d:\watcom\binp;d:\watcom\binw;d:\vxrexx;d:\visprorx;d:\vpreport;d:\rsj;c:\ba2pro;d:\pmas\bin;d:\odin\system32;d:\ndfs;c:\;
SET
dpath=c:\mptn;c:\ibmcom;d:\usr\help;d:\usr\local\help;c:\ibmlan\netprog;c:\ibmlan;c:\muglib;c:\os2;c:\os2\system;c:\os2\mdos\winos2;c:\os2\install;c:\os2\bitmap;c:\os2\mdos;c:\os2\apps;c:\mmos2;c:\mmos2\install;c:\ibminst;c:\psf2\binshare\help;c:\wal;c:\ibm386fs;j:\os2tk45\som\common\system;j:\os2tk45\som\msg;j:\os2tk45\msg;.;

> BTW, remind me.  How are you starting Seamonkey?  WIth a simple Program
> object or with a script.  If a script, post its contents.

  I start it with a script because for a while I was trying multiple
instances of Mozilla, Seamonkey, Firefox and Thunderbird. Not really
necessary now. When I tried the clean installations of Seamonkey I started
the program with the exe filename, not the script.

  The script is invoked thus:
start-mozilla.cmd seamonkey.exe d:\mozilla\seamonkey e:\home\mozilla\seamonkey

Parameters:
 the exe name
 path to exe
 home directory for program

----[ the script ]----
    if RxFuncQuery('SysLoadFuncs') then do
        call RxFuncAdd 'SysLoadFuncs', 'RexxUtil', 'SysLoadFuncs'
        call SysLoadFuncs
     end

    '@echo off';
    x = setlocal();
    x = time('e');

    parse source . . argv0a .;
    argv0b = filespec("name",  argv0a);
    argv0b = substr(argv0b, 1, lastpos(".", argv0b)-1);
    argv0  = translate(argv0b);
    flog = "e:\home\logs\"argv0b".log";

    parse arg cmdline;
    /* x = make_log(flog, 'i', cmdline); */

    if ("" = cmdline) then do
        say "?START-MOZILLA-E-The Mozilla program path and profile path
are required.";
        say "?Usage: start-mozilla.cmd exe_name program_path profile_path";
        'pause';

        signal enditall1;
    end

    parse var cmdline exename progpath profpath otherdata;

    x = setlocal();

    /* Test for a valid profile path.
        If no path, use a default? Or just complain?
        "NUL" indicates there is no profile path but may be otherdata.
    */
    if ("" = profpath) | (0 < pos("NUL", translate(profpath))) then do
        txt = value("HOME", , "OS2ENVIRONMENT");
        profpath = txt || "\mozilla";
     end

    x = directory(profpath);
    if ("" = x) then do
        x = make_log(flog, 'F', "Failed to locate the profile path:"
profpath);
        'pause';
        signal enditall2;
    end

    x = directory(progpath);
    if ("" = x) then do
        x = make_log(flog, 'F', "Failed to locate the program path:"
progpath);
        'pause';
        signal enditall2;
    end

    x = sysfiletree(exename, "files.", "fo");
    if (0 = files.0) then do
        x = make_log(flog, 'F', "Failed to locate the program:" exename);
        'pause';
        signal enditall2;
     end;

    "set MOZILLA_USE_EXTENDED_FT2LIB=T";
    "set moz_no_remote=1";

    if (0 = pos("MOZILLA.EXE", translate(exename))) then
        "set libpathstrict=t";
    "set mozilla_home=" || profpath;
    "set path=" || progpath || ";%PATH%";
    "set beginlibpath=" || progpath;

    exename "-dde" otherdata;
enditall2:
    x = endlocal();

enditall1:

return;

make_log: procedure expose argv0
    parse arg flog, level, msg;

    txt = "?"argv0"-"level"-[" || date('s') time() || "]" || msg;
    say txt;
    x = lineout(FLOG, txt);
    x = lineout(FLOG);
return txt;

----[ end script ]----

(Remove DESPAMMZ for email)
0
James
6/11/2006 6:03:49 PM
steve53@earthlink.net wrote:

>>  Rather than ask for a debug version (although I am not adverse), is it
>>better to report this in Bugzilla?
>
> Try my baby applet first.  This takes a lot of variables out of the
> equation.

  Okay. Like the other demo applets, it works fine.

(Remove DESPAMMZ for email)
0
James
6/11/2006 6:07:44 PM
steve53@earthlink.net wrote:

>>  I ran an IPTrace. As nearly as I can tell it never actually downloaded
>>the testvm.class code.
>
> What my trace shows is

  Which browser are you using? Mine is Seamonkey v1.0.2.
  I was comparing your trace with mine. At first they were rather
different. The reason was that I had Javascript turned off. After enabling
JS the two traces are now rather similar.

  I sorted the first section of each trace. They are almost identical, the
only difference being that my trace shows a favicon.ico download which is
not significant.
  The "GET /b/ss/sunglobal,..." line is rather long: 830 characters. I
doubt that is significant though. I clipped it below for brevity.
  The important difference occurs after "GET /b/ss/sunglobal,..." Your
trace shows the applet download, mine does not. Apparently something is
terminating before the download request is started.

---[ Steve53's trace ]---
GET /css/sun_bigger.css HTTP/1.1
GET /en/download/help/testvm.xml HTTP/1.1
GET /en/img/download/help_lines.gif HTTP/1.1
GET /en/img/download/loadfailed.jpg HTTP/1.1
GET /en/img/download/testvm_apple.jpg HTTP/1.1
GET /en/img/download/testvm_linux.jpg HTTP/1.1
GET /en/img/download/testvm_solaris.jpg HTTP/1.1
GET /en/img/download/testvm_xp.jpg HTTP/1.1
GET /en/img/nav/desktop_off.gif HTTP/1.1
GET /en/img/nav/dukeszone_off.gif HTTP/1.1
GET /en/img/nav/everywhere_off.gif HTTP/1.1
GET /en/img/nav/games_off.gif HTTP/1.1
GET /en/img/nav/mobile_off.gif HTTP/1.1
GET /en/img/nav/search_button.gif HTTP/1.1
GET /en/img/nav/tagline.gif HTTP/1.1
  ...[ where the favicon.ico is missing ]...
GET /im/a.gif HTTP/1.1

----[ JMM's trace ]----
GET /css/sun_bigger.css HTTP/1.1
GET /en/download/help/testvm.xml HTTP/1.1
GET /en/img/download/help_lines.gif HTTP/1.1
GET /en/img/download/loadfailed.jpg HTTP/1.1
GET /en/img/download/testvm_apple.jpg HTTP/1.1
GET /en/img/download/testvm_linux.jpg HTTP/1.1
GET /en/img/download/testvm_solaris.jpg HTTP/1.1
GET /en/img/download/testvm_xp.jpg HTTP/1.1
GET /en/img/nav/desktop_off.gif HTTP/1.1
GET /en/img/nav/dukeszone_off.gif HTTP/1.1
GET /en/img/nav/everywhere_off.gif HTTP/1.1
GET /en/img/nav/games_off.gif HTTP/1.1
GET /en/img/nav/mobile_off.gif HTTP/1.1
GET /en/img/nav/search_button.gif HTTP/1.1
GET /en/img/nav/tagline.gif HTTP/1.1
GET /favicon.ico HTTP/1.1
GET /im/a.gif HTTP/1.1
GET /im/bg_long_subheader_gradient.gif HTTP/1.1
GET /im/bg_subheader_gradient.gif HTTP/1.1
GET /im/download/back_button.gif HTTP/1.1
GET /im/download/help_lines.gif HTTP/1.1
GET /im/hline_d0d0d0.gif HTTP/1.1
GET /im/ic_print.gif HTTP/1.1
GET /im/logo_footer.gif HTTP/1.1
GET /im/logo_java.gif HTTP/1.1
GET /im/nav/v_line.gif HTTP/1.1
GET /im/side_col.gif HTTP/1.1
GET /js/css.js HTTP/1.1
GET /js/s_code_remote.js HTTP/1.1
GET /js/searchLang.js HTTP/1.1
GET /share/ratethispage/button.js HTTP/1.1
GET /sunsurveys/js/button.js HTTP/1.1
GET /b/ss/sunglobal,sunjava/1/G.5-PD-R/s62777627191112?[AQB]&ndh=1&t=11
GET /b/ss/sunglobal,sunjava/1/G.5-PD-R/s62777627191112?[AQB]&pccr=true&&

(Remove DESPAMMZ for email)
0
James
6/11/2006 7:12:05 PM
In <tP2dnX7lR8FpSBbZnZ2dnUVZ_vednZ2d@mozilla.org>, on 06/11/2006
   at 03:36 AM, "Sten Solberg" <stens@powertech.no> said:

>This seems to work here. I get the date and time in white on a dark blue
>rectangle in my local(?) format: 11. juni 2006 10:26:50

That says plugins can work.

>I had opened the Java console before trying; it shows no errors.

>But I see no wiggling at this site:

Then you need to do a trace and see if the class is getting loaded.

Regards,

Steven

Steven Levine <steve53@earthlink.bogus.net>  MR2/ICE 2.67 #10183
Warp/eCS/DIY/14.103a_W4 www.scoug.com irc.fyrelizard.com #scoug (Wed 7pm PST)

steve53
6/12/2006 6:07:20 AM
In <n8adnaTOu_ab9hHZnZ2dnUVZ_tGdnZ2d@mozilla.org>, on 06/11/2006
   at 12:12 PM, James Moe <jmm-listDESPAMMZ@sohnen-moe.com> said:

>  I was comparing your trace with mine. At first they were rather
>different. The reason was that I had Javascript turned off.

That will make the page render oddly.

>  I sorted the first section of each trace. They are almost identical,
>the only difference being that my trace shows a favicon.ico download
>which is not significant.

True, but it is odd.  I'll have to figure out why this system is not
requesting the favicon for the site.

>  The "GET /b/ss/sunglobal,..." line is rather long: 830 characters. I
>doubt that is significant though.

The content is meaningful, I don't see any reason why it should affect the
ability to run the applet.  Mine are long too.  I clipped them for
readability.

However, if I am understanding how you formatted you trace data, your
trace stops at the long GET request.  If so,  would recommend
investigating this.

>Your
>trace shows the applet download, mine does not.

Do you have some sort a cache filtering in place?  When you look at your
trace data are there any large delta times between blocks?  This can
indicate a data transfer problem.

Regards,

Steven

Steven Levine <steve53@earthlink.bogus.net>  MR2/ICE 2.67 #10183
Warp/eCS/DIY/14.103a_W4 www.scoug.com irc.fyrelizard.com #scoug (Wed 7pm PST)

steve53
6/12/2006 6:12:10 AM
In <5L-dnUX4mbyYxhHZnZ2dnUVZ_tGdnZ2d@mozilla.org>, on 06/11/2006
   at 11:03 AM, James Moe <jmm-listDESPAMMZ@sohnen-moe.com> said:

>> This is fine.  Somehow, I think I want to see the content of your PATH,
>> DPATH and LIBPATH statements.

I'm almost sorry I asked. :-)

>LIBPATH=.......

I recommend you put the . at the beginning of LIBPATH.

I also recommend you remove all references to Java 1.4x from LIBPATH.  I
assume you are running 1.4.2.

You might also want to try not loading win32k.sys.

DPATH...

I recommend you put the . at the beginning of DPATH.

Other than the above, the path ordering in all three statements is pretty
non-optimal, but this is a different issue.

>instances of Mozilla, Seamonkey, Firefox and Thunderbird. Not really
>necessary now. When I tried the clean installations of Seamonkey I
>started the program with the exe filename, not the script.

The script is serious overkill, but since you can't run Java applets even
when you start Seamonkey directly, the problem not the script.

Regards,

Steven

Steven Levine <steve53@earthlink.bogus.net>  MR2/ICE 2.67 #10183
Warp/eCS/DIY/14.103a_W4 www.scoug.com irc.fyrelizard.com #scoug (Wed 7pm PST)

steve53
6/12/2006 6:32:09 AM
In <448c5c9a$1$vaxyrchgqry$mr2ice@news.mozilla.org>, on 06/11/2006
   at 02:02 PM, inkleputDEL@ETEisp.com said:

>(If I can find them under 1.2)

:-)  This is why editors have search functions.

>SET
>PATH=C:\MPTN\BIN;C:\IBMCOM;C:\IBMLAN\NETPROG;C:\MUGLIB;C:\TCPIP\BIN;C:\IBMGSK50\BIN;C:\IBMGSK40\BIN;C:\IBMGSK\BIN;.;C:\ECS\BIN;C:\OS2;C:\OS2\SYSTEM;C:\OS2\MDOS\WINOS2;C:\OS2\INSTALL;C:\;C:\OS2\MDOS;C:\OS2\APPS;C:\EMX\BIN;F:\RSJCD;C:\MMOS2\FREEDB;C:\MMOS2;C:\MMOS2\MMPLAYER;E:\ODIN\SYSTEM32;E:\UTILS;E:\UNIMAINT;c:\java142\bin;

Lose the . reference.  It's meaningless in PATH.

>SET
>DPATH=C:\MPTN;C:\IBMCOM;C:\IBMLAN\NETPROG;C:\IBMLAN;C:\MUGLIB;C:\ECS\LANG;C:\OS2;C:\OS2\SYSTEM;C:\OS2\MDOS\WINOS2;.;C:\OS2\INSTALL;C:\;C:\OS2\BITMAP;C:\OS2\MDOS;C:\OS2\APPS;C:\MMOS2;C:\MMOS2\INSTALL;E:\UTILS;

Move the . reference to the front of the DPATH statement.

>LIBPATH=F:\RSJCD;C:\IBMLAN\NETLIB;C:\MUGLIB\DLL;C:\PROGRAMS\NETSCAPE\PROGRAM;.;C:\ECS\DLL;C:\OS2\DLL;C:\MPTN\DLL;C:\IBMCOM\DLL;C:\IBMGSK50\LIB;C:\IBMGSK40\LIB;C:\IBMGSK\LIB;C:\TCPIP\DLL;C:\OS2\MDOS;C:\;C:\OS2\APPS\DLL;C:\EMX\DLL;C:\MMOS2\DLL;C:\MMOS2\FREEDB;E:\MYDLLS;E:\UTILS\INIEDIT;E:\ODIN\SYSTEM32;E:\UNIMAINT;E:\UTILS;

Move the . reference to the front of the LIBPATH statement.

Regards,

Steven

Steven Levine <steve53@earthlink.bogus.net>  MR2/ICE 2.67 #10183
Warp/eCS/DIY/14.103a_W4 www.scoug.com irc.fyrelizard.com #scoug (Wed 7pm PST)

steve53
6/12/2006 6:45:29 AM
In <448c6347$1$vaxyrchgqry$mr2ice@news.mozilla.org>, on 06/11/2006
   at 02:31 PM, inkleputDEL@ETEisp.com said:

>process. Restarted. 3. It gave me the same error, which I could click out
>of, then it drew a grey rectangle in hte upper left corner of SM. 4.
>That's as far as it ever got.
>5. These steps make no sense to me. ;O.

They don't need to make sense to you.  They need to make sense to those
that understand how the pieces are supposed to work together.  We are
gathering data.

Unlike the others, you have something seriously broken in your Java
install or something that your Java install cares about.

Regards,

Steven

Steven Levine <steve53@earthlink.bogus.net>  MR2/ICE 2.67 #10183
Warp/eCS/DIY/14.103a_W4 www.scoug.com irc.fyrelizard.com #scoug (Wed 7pm PST)

steve53
6/12/2006 6:48:40 AM
In <448c6382$2$vaxyrchgqry$mr2ice@news.mozilla.org>, on 06/11/2006
   at 02:39 PM, inkleputDEL@ETEisp.com said:

>>those with borked Java's open the Java Console

>Who's Bork?

Gort's brother (as is Gort brada nicto).

Regards,

Steven

Steven Levine <steve53@earthlink.bogus.net>  MR2/ICE 2.67 #10183
Warp/eCS/DIY/14.103a_W4 www.scoug.com irc.fyrelizard.com #scoug (Wed 7pm PST)

steve53
6/12/2006 6:51:29 AM
In <448c6549$3$vaxyrchgqry$mr2ice@news.mozilla.org>, on 06/11/2006
   at 02:47 PM, inkleputDEL@ETEisp.com said:

>>My current belief is none of this is relevant.  I'm starting to think
>>that it's got to be something user specific, like font selections.  A
>>couple of popuplogs

My mistake.  I should have stated the obvious.  I should have said recent
popuplogs related to the problem we are dicussing.  Posting ancient
popuplogs and popuplogs for other applications is wasting other people's
time and has just about 0 probability of helping to solve your problem.

Regards,

Steven

Steven Levine <steve53@earthlink.bogus.net>  MR2/ICE 2.67 #10183
Warp/eCS/DIY/14.103a_W4 www.scoug.com irc.fyrelizard.com #scoug (Wed 7pm PST)

steve53
6/12/2006 6:56:53 AM
On Sun, 11 Jun 2006 23:45:29 -0700 steve53@earthlink.net wrote:

> Move the . reference to the front of the LIBPATH statement.

In my experience,  .\.  works better in LIBPATH than plain  .

mikus

0
mikus
6/12/2006 2:26:19 PM
Mikus Grinbergs wrote:

> In my experience,  .\.  works better in LIBPATH than plain  .

??? They are going to evaluate to the same (current) directory...
0
Steve
6/12/2006 5:22:21 PM
steve53@earthlink.net wrote:

>>LIBPATH=.......
>
> I recommend you put the . at the beginning of LIBPATH.

  I put the "." at the end because it was recommended by "someone of
authority." The reason is to prevent unnecessary disk access every time a
program starts up. If the "." is first, the current directory is always
scanned for DLLs.

> You might also want to try not loading win32k.sys.

  Why?

(Remove DESPAMMZ for email)
0
James
6/12/2006 7:17:44 PM
In <LmXjElW2v31X092yn@daina.bga.com>, on 06/12/2006
   at 09:26 AM, mikus@bga.com (Mikus Grinbergs) said:

>In my experience,  .\.  works better in LIBPATH than plain  .

I'd need to see an example of an app that cares.

For some reason, the java CLASSPATH supplied by IBM uses .\., but again, I
have no idea why any app would care.

Regards,

Steven

Steven Levine <steve53@earthlink.bogus.net>  MR2/ICE 2.67 #10183
Warp/eCS/DIY/14.103a_W4 www.scoug.com irc.fyrelizard.com #scoug (Wed 7pm PST)

steve53
6/12/2006 7:19:31 PM
steve53@earthlink.net wrote:

>>Your trace shows the applet download, mine does not.
>
> Do you have some sort a cache filtering in place?  When you look at your
> trace data are there any large delta times between blocks?  This can
> indicate a data transfer problem.

  To run the traces, I first set the proxy setting to "Direct Connection,"
and emptied the browser's cache. There are no noticeable delays during the
downloads.

(Remove DESPAMMZ for email)
0
James
6/12/2006 7:23:51 PM
In <l5mdnStGiYBFIBDZnZ2dnUVZ_s6dnZ2d@mozilla.org>, on 06/12/2006
   at 12:17 PM, James Moe <jmm-listDESPAMMZ@sohnen-moe.com> said:

>  I put the "." at the end because it was recommended by "someone of
>authority." The reason is to prevent unnecessary disk access every time a
>program starts up. If the "." is first, the current directory is always
>scanned for DLLs.

Which is exactly what you want to happen when the DLL is application
specific.  IAC, if you are really concerned about DLL search time, you'll
have a hard time convincing me your LIBPATH order is even remotely optimal
or that you really want to check netscape\program for DLLs before you
check any of the other directories that follow.

Anyway,  I recommand you try it my way.  If it does not fix your problem,
then you will know whether or not the position is related to your problem.
Once you know this, you can put the dot whereever you choose.

>> You might also want to try not loading win32k.sys.
>>
>  Why?

Because it contains a program loader that sometimes causes problems.

Regards,

Steven

Steven Levine <steve53@earthlink.bogus.net>  MR2/ICE 2.67 #10183
Warp/eCS/DIY/14.103a_W4 www.scoug.com irc.fyrelizard.com #scoug (Wed 7pm PST)

steve53
6/12/2006 7:24:02 PM
In <-eGdnRrMCe3VIhDZnZ2dnUVZ_sednZ2d@mozilla.org>, on 06/12/2006
   at 12:23 PM, James Moe <jmm-listDESPAMMZ@sohnen-moe.com> said:

>  To run the traces, I first set the proxy setting to "Direct
>Connection," and emptied the browser's cache. There are no noticeable
>delays during the downloads.

Why did you need to change the proxy setting?  Are you running Privoxy or
something like that?  If so, I would check your settings.

Regards,

Steven

Steven Levine <steve53@earthlink.bogus.net>  MR2/ICE 2.67 #10183
Warp/eCS/DIY/14.103a_W4 www.scoug.com irc.fyrelizard.com #scoug (Wed 7pm PST)

steve53
6/12/2006 7:35:56 PM
James Moe wrote:

>   I put the "." at the end because it was recommended by "someone of
> authority." The reason is to prevent unnecessary disk access every time a
> program starts up. If the "." is first, the current directory is always
> scanned for DLLs.

It's always going to scan the current directory when "." is at the end,
too.  It's more likely to find the "wrong" DLL when "." is at the end
instead of at the beginning.

>> You might also want to try not loading win32k.sys.
>>
>   Why?

Win32k.sys changes how Win32 executables are handled.  I haven't seen it
cause a problem with Java, but it doesn't hurt to try disabling it.
0
Steve
6/12/2006 7:37:55 PM
steve53@earthlink.net wrote:

>>  To run the traces, I first set the proxy setting to "Direct
>>Connection," and emptied the browser's cache. There are no noticeable
>>delays during the downloads.
>
> Why did you need to change the proxy setting?  Are you running Privoxy or
> something like that?  If so, I would check your settings.

  Only because an earlier part of this thread suggested that a proxy could
cause some undefined problem(s), maybe this one. The proxy is squid
running on a linux system.
  This java problem has arisen when very little else has changed on my
system besides the browser. All the other suggested steps I have taken
affect parts of the system that have not changed in years. Nevertheless,
may be one of those is now a problem.

(Remove DESPAMMZ for email)
0
James
6/13/2006 1:38:52 AM
steve53@earthlink.net wrote:

>>LIBPATH=.......
> I recommend you put the . at the beginning of LIBPATH.
> I also recommend you remove all references to Java 1.4x from LIBPATH.

  Okay.

> You might also want to try not loading win32k.sys.

  Okay. (As it turns out, I had already deleted that long ago.)

> DPATH...
> I recommend you put the . at the beginning of DPATH.

  Okay.

  After doing all of the above: no change, the Sun jvm test site still fails.

(Remove DESPAMMZ for email)
0
James
6/13/2006 6:16:40 AM
In <3bydnfNTWqrVxRPZnZ2dnUVZ_s6dnZ2d@mozilla.org>, on 06/12/2006
   at 11:16 PM, James Moe <jmm-listDESPAMMZ@sohnen-moe.com> said:

>> I recommend you put the . at the beginning of DPATH.
>>
>  Okay.

>  After doing all of the above: no change, the Sun jvm test site still
>fails.

OK.  Then it's something else.  Try this

 http://home.earthlink.net/~steve53/betas/RunSunJavaApplet.zip

Unzip it to a work directory and open RunSunJavaApplet.html.  This page
loads the Sun applet with none of the overhead associated with the Sun
page.  Dirk will not display  because I didn't bother to force the base
page.  However, you should see the display of your Java configuration.

Regards,

Steven

Steven Levine <steve53@earthlink.bogus.net>  MR2/ICE 2.67 #10183
Warp/eCS/DIY/14.103a_W4 www.scoug.com irc.fyrelizard.com #scoug (Wed 7pm PST)

steve53
6/13/2006 10:03:16 PM
steve53@earthlink.net wrote:

>>  After doing all of the above: no change, the Sun jvm test site still
>>fails.
>
> OK.  Then it's something else.  Try this
>  http://home.earthlink.net/~steve53/betas/RunSunJavaApplet.zip
>
> Unzip it to a work directory and open RunSunJavaApplet.html.  This page
> loads the Sun applet with none of the overhead associated with the Sun
> page.  Dirk will not display  because I didn't bother to force the base
> page.  However, you should see the display of your Java configuration.

  No, that does not work either.

(Remove DESPAMMZ for email)
0
James
6/14/2006 6:45:47 AM
In <G8ydnebOs84BLRLZnZ2dnUVZ_vednZ2d@mozilla.org>, on 06/13/2006
   at 11:45 PM, James Moe <jmm-listDESPAMMZ@sohnen-moe.com> said:

>> page.  Dirk will not display  because I didn't bother to force the base
>> page.  However, you should see the display of your Java configuration.
>>
>  No, that does not work either.

Try it again with iptrace running.  Make sure that there is no attempt to
GET the applet from the Sun site.  If this is the case, you have disabled
the ability to access remote Java applets somewhere in your setup.

Regards,

Steven

Steven Levine <steve53@earthlink.bogus.net>  MR2/ICE 2.67 #10183
Warp/eCS/DIY/14.103a_W4 www.scoug.com irc.fyrelizard.com #scoug (Wed 7pm PST)

steve53
6/14/2006 7:33:10 AM
steve53@earthlink.net wrote:

>>> page.  Dirk will not display  because I didn't bother to force the base
>>> page.  However, you should see the display of your Java configuration.
>>>
>>  No, that does not work either.
>
> Try it again with iptrace running.  Make sure that there is no attempt to
> GET the applet from the Sun site.  If this is the case, you have disabled
> the ability to access remote Java applets somewhere in your setup.

  Hmm, I suppose I should have mentioned this.
  I set up the test exactly the same as I have for the Sun site: flushed
the cache, direct Internet connection, Live HTTP Headers running, and
iptrace running. Most was unnecessary but I thought the conditions ought
to be the same.
  There were 0 (zero) packets exchanged. No network traffic at all.

  There is another site that offers a similar JVM test:
<http://javatester.org/version.html>. It works. The only difference that I
can see is that the <object> element is not used as it is on Sun's site.

(Remove DESPAMMZ for email)
0
James
6/14/2006 6:58:56 PM
In <JYidnW-P_6TswQ3ZnZ2dnUVZ_sednZ2d@mozilla.org>, on 06/14/2006
   at 11:58 AM, James Moe <jmm-listDESPAMMZ@sohnen-moe.com> said:

>  There is another site that offers a similar JVM test:
><http://javatester.org/version.html>. It works. The only difference that
>I can see is that the <object> element is not used as it is on Sun's
>site.

I noticed something the other day.  While the object element is in the
code, Seamonkey ignores it and the embedded applet element is what
actually runs the applet.

I didn't mention before it because it appeared to have no effect on most
folks ability to run the Sun test.  Perhaps it matters in some cases

Edit the test page and replace the object element with just

<applet code="testvm.class" codebase="/applet" height="355" width="250">
Applet tag Java Runtime Environment is not working on your system <br>
Houston we have a problem here.
</applet>

Does this allow you to run the Sun applet?

I intend to look why object element is ignored when time permits.  It may
be a Seamonkey or code base defect or it might just be that the Sun code
is broken.

Regards,

Steven

Steven Levine <steve53@earthlink.bogus.net>  MR2/ICE 2.67 #10183
Warp/eCS/DIY/14.103a_W4 www.scoug.com irc.fyrelizard.com #scoug (Wed 7pm PST)

steve53
6/14/2006 7:20:38 PM
steve53@earthlink.net said:

>In <448c5c9a$1$vaxyrchgqry$mr2ice@news.mozilla.org>, on 06/11/2006
>   at 02:02 PM, inkleputDEL@ETEisp.com said:

>>(If I can find them under 1.2)

>:-)  This is why editors have search functions.

I know.  I'm just still POed about them screwing up the config.sys system
I had set up - without even asking.  Some guys are still writing programs
that force your whole config.sys into upper case.  HANDS OFF MY
CONFIG.SYS!

>>SET
>>PATH=C:\MPTN\BIN;C:\IBMCOM;C:\IBMLAN\NETPROG;C:\MUGLIB;C:\TCPIP\BIN;C:\IBMGSK50\BIN;C:\IBMGSK40\BIN;C:\IBMGSK\BIN;C:\ECS\BIN;C:\OS2;C:\OS2\SYSTEM;C:\OS2\MDOS\WINOS2;C:\OS2\INSTALL;C:\;C:\OS2\MDOS;C:\OS2\APPS;C:\EMX\BIN;F:\RSJCD;C:\MMOS2\FREEDB;C:\MMOS2;C:\MMOS2\MMPLAYER;E:\ODIN\SYSTEM32;E:\UTILS;E:\UNIMAINT;c:\java142\bin;

>Lose the . reference.  It's meaningless in PATH.

Hm, not my doing.

>>SET
>>DPATH=C:\MPTN;C:\IBMCOM;C:\IBMLAN\NETPROG;C:\IBMLAN;C:\MUGLIB;C:\ECS\LANG;C:\OS2;C:\OS2\SYSTEM;C:\OS2\MDOS\WINOS2;C:\OS2\INSTALL;C:\;C:\OS2\BITMAP;C:\OS2\MDOS;C:\OS2\APPS;C:\MMOS2;C:\MMOS2\INSTALL;E:\UTILS;

>Move the . reference to the front of the DPATH statement.

Ditto

Jim L via the eCS 1.24 version of OS/2

--
Stock market investers are expressing concern that... aw, who gives a flying fig!

0
inkleputDEL
6/14/2006 8:43:29 PM
steve53@earthlink.net said:

> Posting ancient
>popuplogs and popuplogs for other applications is wasting other people's
>time and has just about 0 probability of helping to solve your problem.

I removed everything I was _certain_ was irrelevant (unless I accidentally
sent the wrong file).

Ancient?  The problem is ancient.

Jim L via the eCS 1.24 version of OS/2

--
Stock market investers are expressing concern that... aw, who gives a flying fig!

0
inkleputDEL
6/14/2006 8:52:50 PM
Hi James

James Moe wrote:

>>>  No, that does not work either.
>> Try it again with iptrace running.  Make sure that there is no attempt to
>> GET the applet from the Sun site.  If this is the case, you have disabled
>> the ability to access remote Java applets somewhere in your setup.
>>
>   Hmm, I suppose I should have mentioned this.
>   I set up the test exactly the same as I have for the Sun site: flushed
> the cache, direct Internet connection, Live HTTP Headers running, and
> iptrace running. Most was unnecessary but I thought the conditions ought
> to be the same.
>   There were 0 (zero) packets exchanged. No network traffic at all.
>
>   There is another site that offers a similar JVM test:
> <http://javatester.org/version.html>. It works. The only difference that I
> can see is that the <object> element is not used as it is on Sun's site.

I had the above problem following a "migrate install" of eCS1.2R over eCS1.1

At the time of installing eCS1.2R I installed java142 to exactly the
same location as it had lived in while eCS1.1 was installed.

So, I did not expect any java problems but the Sun test failed to run
while the javatester.org test worked...

I tried re-installing java142 but that made no difference.

I then deleted the SeaMonkey pluginreg.dat file and when I restarted SM
the Sun test worked as well.

Not sure if eCS1.2R has a slightly different java142 sdk package to what
I already had installed as java142 sdk but letting SM re-register the
plugins (it rebuilds the pluginreg.dat on next restart) seemed to be the
cure - no java plugin problems since :-)

Regards

Pete
0
Peter
6/14/2006 9:53:05 PM
inkleputDEL@ETEisp.com wrote:

> Some guys are still writing programs
> that force your whole config.sys into upper case.

It's mostly IBM programs that do that.
0
Steve
6/14/2006 9:59:46 PM
On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 21:53:05 UTC, Peter Brown <losepeteSPAM-ME-NOT@ntlworld.com>
wrote:

> I had the above problem following a "migrate install" of eCS1.2R over eCS1.1
>
> At the time of installing eCS1.2R I installed java142 to exactly the
> same location as it had lived in while eCS1.1 was installed.
>
> So, I did not expect any java problems but the Sun test failed to run
> while the javatester.org test worked...
>
> I tried re-installing java142 but that made no difference.
>
> I then deleted the SeaMonkey pluginreg.dat file and when I restarted SM
> the Sun test worked as well.
>
> Not sure if eCS1.2R has a slightly different java142 sdk package to what
> I already had installed as java142 sdk but letting SM re-register the
> plugins (it rebuilds the pluginreg.dat on next restart) seemed to be the
> cure - no java plugin problems since :-)

FWIW, my "migrate install" to eCS 1.2R 6 weeks ago fits your description
exactly, except:

- the Sun test never worked under eCS 1.4 either
- I have not reinstalled Java142
- letting SM rebuild pluginreg.dat has not fixed the problem

Best regards
Sten Solberg

0
Sten
6/14/2006 11:18:38 PM
steve53@earthlink.net wrote:

>>  There is another site that offers a similar JVM test:
>><http://javatester.org/version.html>. It works. The only difference that
>>I can see is that the <object> element is not used as it is on Sun's
>>site.

  Ah ha!
  I ran a few more tests. When the Sun JVM test is run using the <object>
tag, it always fails. When run using the <applet> tag, it works as expected.
  The test code is below. You must download testvm.class from Sun, and
JavaVersionDisplayApplet.class from Javatesters; the classes are placed in
the same directory as the HTML file. Uncomment the section you want to test.

----[ HTML test code ]----
<head>
  <title>Run Java JVM Test Applet</title>

    div { border: 1px solid pink; }
</head>

<h1>Run Java JVM Test Applet</h1>

<!-- This one always fails.
<object
  classid="clsid:8AD9C840-044E-11D1-B3E9-00805F499D93"
  height="300" width="500">

  <param name="type" value="application/x-java-applet;">
  <param name="codebase" value="./">
  <param name="code" value="testvm.class">
</object>
-->

<!-- This one works.
<applet
  height="300"
  alt="Browser has Java disabled"
  hspace="22" width="500"
  code="testvm.class"
  codebase="./">
</applet>
-->

<!-- This one works.
<applet
  height="300"
  alt="Browser has Java disabled" hspace="22" width="500"
  code="JavaVersionDisplayApplet.class"
  codebase="./">
</applet>
-->

----[ end HTML test code ]----

(Remove DESPAMMZ for email)
0
James
6/15/2006 2:04:08 AM
In <Ed6dnaIYVeGEXQ3ZnZ2dnUVZ_s6dnZ2d@mozilla.org>, on 06/14/2006
   at 07:04 PM, James Moe <jmm-listDESPAMMZ@sohnen-moe.com> said:

>  I ran a few more tests. When the Sun JVM test is run using the <object>
>tag, it always fails. When run using the <applet> tag, it works as
>expected.

Yes.  That was the gist of my previous post.

I'm not sure what's wrong with the object tag content.  It might be the
classid or it might be the type param.  Based on what I have read, they
are both correct. but I am far from an expert on this aspect of html.  The
type param is not an exact match for any of the types registered by
Innotek java, so this might be something to experiment with.

Also, none of this explains why the Sun page will not run for some setups.
If you look at the page source, you will see the Applet tag is embedded
within the Object tag.  What is supposed to happen is if the Object tag
can not be rendered, the alternate content, the Applet tag in this case,
is supposed to be rendered.  This is what happens here.

Regards,

Steven

Steven Levine <steve53@earthlink.bogus.net>  MR2/ICE 2.67 #10183
Warp/eCS/DIY/14.103a_W4 www.scoug.com irc.fyrelizard.com #scoug (Wed 7pm PST)

steve53
6/15/2006 5:53:48 AM
steve53@earthlink.net wrote:

> Also, none of this explains why the Sun page will not run for some setups.
> If you look at the page source, you will see the Applet tag is embedded
> within the Object tag.  What is supposed to happen is if the Object tag
> can not be rendered, the alternate content, the Applet tag in this case,
> is supposed to be rendered.  This is what happens here.

  The applet tag is bracketed by a <comment> rendering it invisible to
Internet Explorer. <comment> is an Internet Explorer proprietary tag; it
is ignored by other browsers.
  I removed the <comment> section and it made no difference.
  I tried changing the classid to "testvm.class" and it failed. With any
other value it simply skipped the <object>.
  There is enough information here to create a defect report in Bugzilla.

(Remove DESPAMMZ for email)
0
James
6/15/2006 8:21:13 PM
In <VK6dnfmOD-SnXAzZnZ2dnUVZ_s6dnZ2d@mozilla.org>, on 06/15/2006
   at 01:21 PM, James Moe <jmm-listDESPAMMZ@sohnen-moe.com> said:

>  The applet tag is bracketed by a <comment> rendering it invisible to
>Internet Explorer. <comment> is an Internet Explorer proprietary tag; it
>is ignored by other browsers.

True.

>  I removed the <comment> section and it made no difference.

Normally, I would say this is expected.  If the browser renders the object
tag, it would not render the embedded applet tag.  Effectively the applet
tag becomes alternate text.  However, this is not quite the failure we are
seeing.  On your system the applet tag is not rendered.  On other systems,
it is.

>  I tried changing the classid to "testvm.class" and it failed.

This is expected.

>With any
>other value it simply skipped the <object>.
>  There is enough information here to create a defect report in Bugzilla.

Probably.  There appears to be something OS/2 specific going wrong with
the object tag handling.  Has anyone checked if this is a cross platform
failure?

Regards,

Steven

Steven Levine <steve53@earthlink.bogus.net>  MR2/ICE 2.67 #10183
Warp/eCS/DIY/14.103a_W4 www.scoug.com irc.fyrelizard.com #scoug (Wed 7pm PST)

steve53
6/15/2006 9:10:21 PM
In <4491ce60$3$fgrir53$mr2ice@news.mozilla.org>, on 06/15/2006
   at 02:10 PM, steve53@earthlink.net said:

Talking to myself...

>Probably.  There appears to be something OS/2 specific going wrong with
>the object tag handling.  Has anyone checked if this is a cross platform
>failure?

Well sorta.  I've always wondered where this code was, so now I know.  It
turns out that clsid: values are owned by our friends at Microsoft

  // If it starts with "clsid:", this is ActiveX content
  if (StringBeginsWith(aClassID, NS_LITERAL_STRING("clsid:"))) {
    // Check if we have a plugin for that

    if
(NS_SUCCEEDED(pluginHost->IsPluginEnabledForType("application/x-oleobject")))
{
      aType.AssignLiteral("application/x-oleobject");
      return NS_OK;
    }
    if
(NS_SUCCEEDED(pluginHost->IsPluginEnabledForType("application/oleobject")))
{
      aType.AssignLiteral("application/oleobject");
      return NS_OK;
    }
  }

This says that unless Seamonkey knows what to do with an OLE object, the
applet named in the object element will not be loaded.  What is still not
clear is what is causing the applet tag processing to fail.  A more
typical construction, such as

<object height="355"
	classid="clsid:8AD9C840-044E-11D1-B3E9-00805F499D93"
	width="355">
  <param name="type" value="application/x-java-applet;"/>
  <param name="code" value="ClockClass.class"/>
  Object tag for Java Runtime Environment is not working on your system
  Houston we have a problem here.
</object>

Renders the alternate text as expected.  I guess this is going to require
more code reading.

FWIW, there is a form of the object element that will work

<object height="355"
	classid="java:ClockClass.class"
	width="355">
  <param name="type" value="application/x-java-applet;"/>
  <param name="code" value="ClockClass.class"/>
  Object tag for Java Runtime Environment is not working on your system
  Houston we have a problem here.
</object>

Regards,

Steven

Steven Levine <steve53@earthlink.bogus.net>  MR2/ICE 2.67 #10183
Warp/eCS/DIY/14.103a_W4 www.scoug.com irc.fyrelizard.com #scoug (Wed 7pm PST)

steve53
6/15/2006 10:59:42 PM
steve53@earthlink.net said:

>In <4491ce60$3$fgrir53$mr2ice@news.mozilla.org>, on 06/15/2006
>   at 02:10 PM, steve53@earthlink.net said:

>Talking to myself...

>>Probably.  There appears to be something OS/2 specific going wrong with
>>the object tag handling.  Has anyone checked if this is a cross platform
>>failure?

>Well sorta.  I've always wondered where this code was, so now I know.  It
>turns out that clsid: values are owned by our friends at Microsoft

>  // If it starts with "clsid:", this is ActiveX content
>  if (StringBeginsWith(aClassID, NS_LITERAL_STRING("clsid:"))) {
>    // Check if we have a plugin for that

>    if
>(NS_SUCCEEDED(pluginHost->IsPluginEnabledForType("application/x-oleobject")))
>{
>      aType.AssignLiteral("application/x-oleobject");
>      return NS_OK;
>    }
>    if
>(NS_SUCCEEDED(pluginHost->IsPluginEnabledForType("application/oleobject")))
>{
>      aType.AssignLiteral("application/oleobject");
>      return NS_OK;
>    }
>  }

>This says that unless Seamonkey knows what to do with an OLE object, the
>applet named in the object element will not be loaded.  What is still not
>clear is what is causing the applet tag processing to fail.  A more
>typical construction, such as

><object height="355"
>	classid="clsid:8AD9C840-044E-11D1-B3E9-00805F499D93"
>	width="355">
>  <param name="type" value="application/x-java-applet;"/>
>  <param name="code" value="ClockClass.class"/>
>  Object tag for Java Runtime Environment is not working on your system
>  Houston we have a problem here.
></object>

>Renders the alternate text as expected.  I guess this is going to require
>more code reading.

>FWIW, there is a form of the object element that will work

><object height="355"
>	classid="java:ClockClass.class"
>	width="355">
>  <param name="type" value="application/x-java-applet;"/>
>  <param name="code" value="ClockClass.class"/>
>  Object tag for Java Runtime Environment is not working on your system
>  Houston we have a problem here.
></object>

>Regards,

>Steven

Is any of this expected to aid the guy who started this thread?

Jim L via the eCS 1.24 version of OS/2

--
Stock market investers are expressing concern that... aw, who gives a flying fig!

0
inkleputDEL
6/16/2006 11:53:48 PM
In <449352d6$1$vaxyrchgqry$mr2ice@news.mozilla.org>, on 06/16/2006
   at 08:53 PM, inkleputDEL@ETEisp.com said:

>Is any of this expected to aid the guy who started this thread?

No, it's to leave a record for when/if the developers decide to address
it.  It might be useful to support the object element a bit better.

Anyway, It's not my fault all your friends with Java problems decided to
join you in the tub. :-)

As you might have noticed, your problem is different.  The others can run
the Java plugin, just not for the Sun test site.  Your problem is
different.  The plugin seems to fail for you for some unknown reason.

What you need to do is supply a popuplog from the crash that occurs today
when you try to open the Java console.  I really meant it when I said that
old popuplogs are useless.  It's common sense.  I have not way of knowing
your exact setup and what you have changed today.  I can only assume that
whatever caused a two week old popuplog is already fixed.  If an exception
recurs with same cs:eip, I don't need two copies of the same thing.

Regards,

Steven

Steven Levine <steve53@earthlink.bogus.net>  MR2/ICE 2.67 #10183
Warp/eCS/DIY/14.103a_W4 www.scoug.com irc.fyrelizard.com #scoug (Wed 7pm PST)

steve53
6/17/2006 1:23:18 AM
steve53@earthlink.net said:

>What you need to do is supply a popuplog from the crash that occurs today
>when you try to open the Java console.

Hmmmmmm.  Fact is, I have no clue what "try to open the Java console" even
means.

I ran the browser and went to:
http://www.java.com/en/download/help/testvm.xml and
http://javatester.org/version.html

As per usual, neither worked, either with SM 1.0.1 or FF 1.5.0.2.  None of
the 4 operations left any popuplog file.

I went into the OS/2 Kit for Java and clicked on the Java Plugin object. I
got a thing that called itself Plugin Control Panel and flipped back and
forth through it.

I ran Java Web Start and messed around with it a while, downloading demos
and generally being useless.

None this left any popuplog files either.

Thanks

Jim L via the eCS 1.24 version of OS/2

--
Stock market investers are expressing concern that... aw, who gives a flying fig!

0
inkleputDEL
6/17/2006 6:16:08 AM
steve53@earthlink.net wrote:

>>  I tried changing the classid to "testvm.class" and it failed.
>
> This is expected.

  Hmm. By "failed" I meant that the test failed in the same way as with
the original classid, i.e., the applet did not work.

>>  There is enough information here to create a defect report in Bugzilla.
>
> Probably.  There appears to be something OS/2 specific going wrong with
> the object tag handling.  Has anyone checked if this is a cross platform
> failure?

  The JVM test works fine for Firefox v1.5.0.3 on Windows 2000. Firefox
v1.5.0.4 fails on os/2.
  I create a Bugzilla report:
<https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=341878>.

(Remove DESPAMMZ for email)
0
James
6/17/2006 6:14:54 PM
inkleputDEL@ETEisp.com wrote:

> Hmmmmmm.  Fact is, I have no clue what "try to open the Java console" even
> means.

Tools -> Web Development -> Java Console
0
Steve
6/17/2006 9:00:09 PM
in 1835 20060617 220009 Steve Wendt <spamsux@forgetit.org> wrote:
>inkleputDEL@ETEisp.com wrote:
>
>> Hmmmmmm.  Fact is, I have no clue what "try to open the Java console" even
>> means.
>
>Tools -> Web Development -> Java Console

I've never found the Java Console in Firefox ...
0
Bob
6/18/2006 3:53:05 PM
On Sun, 18 Jun 2006 08:53:05 UTC, Bob Martin <bob.martin@excite.com>
wrote:

> in 1835 20060617 220009 Steve Wendt <spamsux@forgetit.org> wrote:
> >inkleputDEL@ETEisp.com wrote:
> >
> >> Hmmmmmm.  Fact is, I have no clue what "try to open the Java console" even
> >> means.
> >
> >Tools -> Web Development -> Java Console
>
> I've never found the Java Console in Firefox ...

Even easier than above:
Tools-> Javascript console

Hope this helps...
--
From the eComStation 1.2 of Doug Bissett
doug dot bissett at attglobal dot net

Doug
6/18/2006 4:01:19 PM
Doug Bissett wrote:

>>> Tools -> Web Development -> Java Console
>> I've never found the Java Console in Firefox ...

It's one of the many things removed from Firefox...

> Even easier than above:
> Tools-> Javascript console

That is NOT the same thing!
0
Steve
6/18/2006 5:53:49 PM
Steve Wendt <spamsux@forgetit.org> said:

>inkleputDEL@ETEisp.com wrote:

>> Hmmmmmm.  Fact is, I have no clue what "try to open the Java console" even
>> means.

>Tools -> Web Development -> Java Console

That gave me the java.lang error but no popup.

Jim L via the eCS 1.24 version of OS/2

--
Stock market investers are expressing concern that... aw, who gives a flying fig!

0
inkleputDEL
6/18/2006 7:05:36 PM
In <6KednY1lb4n8mwjZnZ2dnUVZ_vednZ2d@mozilla.org>, on 06/18/2006
   at 08:53 AM, Bob Martin <bob.martin@excite.com> said:

>I've never found the Java Console in Firefox ...

Firefox is not Seamonkey.

  https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/141/

Regards,

Steven

Steven Levine <steve53@earthlink.bogus.net>  MR2/ICE 2.67 #10183
Warp/eCS/DIY/14.103a_W4 www.scoug.com irc.fyrelizard.com #scoug (Wed 7pm PST)

steve53
6/18/2006 7:08:08 PM
In <4495b240$1$vaxyrchgqry$mr2ice@news.mozilla.org>, on 06/18/2006
   at 04:05 PM, inkleputDEL@ETEisp.com said:

>>Tools -> Web Development -> Java Console

>That gave me the java.lang error but no popup.

But the console did open?  If so, issue the follow commands

l:   dump classloader list
m:   print memory usage
s:   dump system properties
t:   dump thread list

Enter the commands as a single letter and do not press the Enter key.

Copy the content of the console to the clipboard and post it here.

Regards,

Steven

Steven Levine <steve53@earthlink.bogus.net>  MR2/ICE 2.67 #10183
Warp/eCS/DIY/14.103a_W4 www.scoug.com irc.fyrelizard.com #scoug (Wed 7pm PST)

steve53
6/19/2006 1:57:18 AM
steve53@earthlink.net said:

>In <4495b240$1$vaxyrchgqry$mr2ice@news.mozilla.org>, on 06/18/2006
>   at 04:05 PM, inkleputDEL@ETEisp.com said:

>>>Tools -> Web Development -> Java Console

>>That gave me the java.lang error but no popup.

>But the console did open?  If so, issue the follow commands

>l:   dump classloader list
>m:   print memory usage
>s:   dump system properties
>t:   dump thread list

>Enter the commands as a single letter and do not press the Enter key.

>Copy the content of the console to the clipboard and post it here.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Monday  June 19, 2006 at 08:57:30

Java(TM) Plug-in: Version 1.4.2_05
Using JRE version 1.4.2_05 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
User home directory = C:\HOME\DEFAULT
Dump classloader list ...
Done.

Memory: 2,704K  Free: 1,008K  (37%) ... completed.

Dump system properties ...
acl.read = +
acl.read.default =
acl.write = +
acl.write.default =
application.home = C:\JAVA142
awt.toolkit = sun.awt.windows.WToolkit
browser = sun.plugin
browser.vendor = Sun Microsystems, Inc.
browser.version = 1.1
deployment.system.cacerts = C:\JAVA142\lib\security\cacerts
deployment.system.home = C:\HOME\DEFAULT\Application
Data\Sun\Java\Deployment deployment.system.jssecacerts =
C:\JAVA142\lib\security\cacerts deployment.system.profile =
C:\HOME\DEFAULT\Application Data deployment.system.security.policy =
file:/C:/HOME/DEFAULT/Application%20Data/Sun/Java/Deployment/security/java.policy
deployment.user.cachedir = C:\HOME\DEFAULT\Application
Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache deployment.user.certs =
C:\HOME\DEFAULT\Application
Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\security\deployment.certs deployment.user.extdir
= C:\HOME\DEFAULT\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\ext
deployment.user.home = C:\HOME\DEFAULT\Application
Data\Sun\Java\Deployment deployment.user.jssecerts =
C:\HOME\DEFAULT\Application
Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\security\deployment.jssecerts
deployment.user.logdir = C:\HOME\DEFAULT\Application
Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\log deployment.user.profile =
C:\HOME\DEFAULT\Application Data deployment.user.security.policy =
file:/C:/HOME/DEFAULT/Application%20Data/Sun/Java/Deployment/security/java.policy
deployment.user.tmpdir = C:\HOME\DEFAULT\Application
Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\tmp file.encoding = Cp1252
file.encoding.pkg = sun.io
file.separator = \
file.separator.applet = true
http.agent = Mozilla/4.0 (OS/2 20.45)
http.auth.serializeRequests = true
https.protocols = SSLv3,SSLv2Hello
java.awt.graphicsenv = sun.awt.Win32GraphicsEnvironment
java.awt.printerjob = sun.awt.windows.WPrinterJob
java.class.path = C:\JAVA142\classes
java.class.version = 48.0
java.class.version.applet = true
java.endorsed.dirs = C:\JAVA142\lib\endorsed
java.ext.dirs = C:\JAVA142\lib\ext
java.home = C:\JAVA142
java.io.tmpdir = C:\TCPIP\TMP\
java.library.path =
F:\SEAMONKEY;.;C:\PROGRAMS\INNOWIN;C:\PROGRAMS\INNOWIN;C:\JAVA142\bin;C:\PROGRAMS\INNOWIN;.;F:\RSJCD;C:\IBMLAN\NETLIB;C:\MUGLIB\DLL;C:\PROGRAMS\NETSCAPE\PROGRAM;C:\ECS\DLL;C:\OS2\DLL;C:\MPTN\DLL;C:\IBMCOM\DLL;C:\IBMGSK50\LIB;C:\IBMGSK40\LIB;C:\IBMGSK\LIB;C:\TCPIP\DLL;C:\OS2\MDOS;C:\;C:\OS2\APPS\DLL;C:\EMX\DLL;C:\MMOS2\DLL;C:\MMOS2\FREEDB;E:\MYDLLS;E:\UTILS\INIEDIT;E:\ODIN\SYSTEM32;E:\UNIMAINT;E:\UTILS;
java.protocol.handler.pkgs =
sun.plugin.net.protocol|sun.plugin.net.protocol java.runtime.name =
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition java.runtime.version =
1.4.2_05-b04
java.specification.name = Java Platform API Specification
java.specification.vendor = Sun Microsystems Inc.
java.specification.version = 1.4
java.util.prefs.PreferencesFactory =
java.util.prefs.WindowsPreferencesFactory java.vendor = Sun Microsystems
Inc.
java.vendor.applet = true
java.vendor.url = http://java.sun.com/
java.vendor.url.applet = true
java.vendor.url.bug = http://java.sun.com/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi
java.version = 1.4.2_05
java.version.applet = true
java.vm.info = mixed mode
java.vm.name = Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
java.vm.specification.name = Java Virtual Machine Specification
java.vm.specification.vendor = Sun Microsystems Inc.
java.vm.specification.version = 1.0
java.vm.vendor = Sun Microsystems Inc.
java.vm.version = 1.4.2_05-b04
javaplugin.maxHeapSize = 64m
javaplugin.nodotversion = 142_05
javaplugin.version = 1.4.2_05
javaplugin.vm.options = -Djava.class.path=C:\JAVA142\classes
-Xbootclasspath/a:C:\JAVA142\lib\plugin.jar -Xmx64m
-Djavaplugin.maxHeapSize=64m -Xverify:remote -Djavaplugin.version=1.4.2_05
-Djavaplugin.nodotversion=142_05 -Dbrowser=sun.plugin -DtrustProxy=true
-Dapplication.home=C:\JAVA142
-Djava.protocol.handler.pkgs=sun.plugin.net.protocol  line.separator =
\r\n
line.separator.applet = true
os.arch = x86
os.arch.applet = true
os.name = OS/2
os.name.applet = true
os.version = 20.45
os.version.applet = true
package.restrict.access.netscape = false
package.restrict.access.sun = true
package.restrict.definition.java = true
package.restrict.definition.netscape = true
package.restrict.definition.sun = true
path.separator = ;
path.separator.applet = true
sun.arch.data.model = 32
sun.boot.class.path =
C:\JAVA142\lib\rt.jar;C:\JAVA142\lib\i18n.jar;C:\JAVA142\lib\sunrsasign.jar;C:\JAVA142\lib\jsse.jar;C:\JAVA142\lib\jce.jar;C:\JAVA142\lib\charsets.jar;C:\JAVA142\classes;C:\JAVA142\lib\plugin.jar
sun.boot.library.path = C:\JAVA142\bin
sun.cpu.endian = little
sun.cpu.isalist = pentium_pro+mmx pentium_pro pentium+mmx pentium i486
i386 sun.io.unicode.encoding = UnicodeLittle
sun.java2d.fontpath =
sun.java2d.noddraw = true
sun.net.client.defaultConnectTimeout = 120000
sun.os.patch.level =
trustProxy = true
user.country = US
user.dir = F:\SEAMONKEY
user.home = C:\HOME\DEFAULT
user.language = en
user.name = USER
user.timezone =
user.variant =
Done.

Dump thread list ...
Group main,ac=8,agc=1,pri=10
    main,5,alive
    AWT-Windows,6,alive,dameon
    AWT-Shutdown,5,alive
    AWT-EventQueue-0,6,alive
Group Plugin Thread Group,ac=4,agc=0,pri=10
    Main Console Writer,6,alive
    AWT-EventQueue-1,6,alive
    Java2D Disposer,10,alive,dameon
    TimerQueue,5,alive,dameon
Done.

Jim L via the eCS 1.24 version of OS/2

--
Stock market investers are expressing concern that... aw, who gives a flying fig!

0
inkleputDEL
6/19/2006 11:58:49 AM
inkleputDEL@ETEisp.com wrote:
> steve53@earthlink.net said:
>
>> What you need to do is supply a popuplog from the crash that occurs today
>> when you try to open the Java console.
>
> Hmmmmmm.  Fact is, I have no clue what "try to open the Java console" even
> means.
>
> I ran the browser and went to:
> http://www.java.com/en/download/help/testvm.xml and
> http://javatester.org/version.html
>
> As per usual, neither worked, either with SM 1.0.1 or FF 1.5.0.2.  None of
> the 4 operations left any popuplog file.

FWIW, both of these work properly here with Goldencode 1.4.1_07 for OS/2
and Sea Monkey 1.5a, although the first site tells me "You are using an
older version of Java technology" and reports a blank for my OS while
telling me that my OS version is 20.45.  The dancing duke dances across
the applet window, though, so that seems to be success.

--
Posted with OS/2 Warp 4.52
and Sea Monkey 1.5a
"David T. Johnson" <djohnson@isomedia.com> said:

>inkleputDEL@ETEisp.com wrote:
>> steve53@earthlink.net said:
>>
>>> What you need to do is supply a popuplog from the crash that occurs today
>>> when you try to open the Java console.
>>
>> Hmmmmmm.  Fact is, I have no clue what "try to open the Java console" even
>> means.
>>
>> I ran the browser and went to:
>> http://www.java.com/en/download/help/testvm.xml and
>> http://javatester.org/version.html
>>
>> As per usual, neither worked, either with SM 1.0.1 or FF 1.5.0.2.  None of
>> the 4 operations left any popuplog file.

>FWIW, both of these work properly here with Goldencode 1.4.1_07 for OS/2
>and Sea Monkey 1.5a, although the first site tells me "You are using an
>older version of Java technology" and reports a blank for my OS while
>telling me that my OS version is 20.45.  The dancing duke dances across
>the applet window, though, so that seems to be success.

FWIW, I just updated SM from 1.0.1 to 1.0.2, (I don't know how that
relates to 1.5a) meaning I renamed the old directory and unzipped the
update into a new one.

I tried merely copying the ipluginw.dll into the component sub-dir, but
that didn't work.  The test sites said I had NO Java (got that dumb puzzle
piece logo).  Then I did the .xpi thing. OK.

I still get the java.lang......  error at the test sites, but so far it
now doesn't lock up as hard.  That is, previously I got the clock mouse
and had to screw around a lot to get it to move on.  Now I get the normal
mouse arrow and clicking the error box button makes it move on - to show
the same old nothing.

BTW I turned off win32k.sys.  No change.

Thanks

Jim L via the eCS 1.24 version of OS/2

--
Stock market investers are expressing concern that... aw, who gives a flying fig!

0
inkleputDEL
6/20/2006 1:33:07 PM
The following assumes the use of gold code.  Is that a special purchase?

> [...]

>    For example (assume the JVM is installed in c:\java141 and the
>browser
>    is installed in d:\apps\mozilla):

>    In CONFIG.SYS:

>       SET GCD_JAVA_HOME=c:\java141\jre

>    In separate .CMD file:

>       @echo off
>       SET GCD_JAVA_HOME=c:\java141\jre
>       d:\apps\mozilla\mozilla.exe

>    The second approach is very similar to first one except the JAVA_HOME
>    variable is used instead of GCD_JAVA_HOME. This approach should be
>used
>    with care when several different versions of the JVM are installed,
>    because the variable JAVA_HOME may interfere with other JVMs.

>    The third approach can be used if the path to the JVM binaries is
>present
>    in the PATH environment variable. In this case no additional setup is
>    required.

>3) Disable any other OJI Plugin that exists in the browser's plugin
>directory
>    (see step 1 above).  At a minimum, the following files should be
>removed:

>    npoji6.dll  - this is the IBM 1.3.1 OJI Plugin
>    npj2*.dll   - this is the Innotek 1.4.2 OJI Plugin

>    If you do not delete these files from the plugin directory, the
>actual
>    plugin that is in use to run applets will not be known.  The browser
>    will choose one of the plugins to run and the other plugins will
>never
>    be invoked.  In this situation, the results will be indeterminate. DO
>    NOT SUBMIT PROBLEM REPORTS IF YOU HAVE ANY OJI PLUGIN INSTALLED OTHER
>    THAN THE GCD OJI PLUGIN.

>4) Ensure that Java is enabled in the Mozilla Preferences.  Use the
>following
>    menu item:

>    Edit -> Preferences

>    This will invoke the "Preferences" dialog window.  In the "Category"
>    section on the left, select "Advanced".  On the right side of the
>window
>    in the "Features that help interpret web pages" box, make sure that
>the
>    "Enable Java" check box is selected.  Otherwise the OJI plugin will
>    not be operational.

>5) Make sure CLASSPATH does not have the standard IBM JVM 1.1.x entries.
>An
>    effective way to do this is to "NULL" this environment variable as
>follows:

>    SET CLASSPATH=

>    If you encounter an error message such as "could not find main class"
>or
>    if a NoClassDefFoundError is thrown when the JVM tries to load the
>main
>    class for the Java applet, you may be experiencing this issue.

Jim L via the eCS 1.24 version of OS/2

--
Stock market investers are expressing concern that... aw, who gives a flying fig!

6/20/2006 10:04:15 PM
> [...]

following
    menu item:

    Edit -> Preferences

    This will invoke the "Preferences" dialog window.  In the "Category"
    section on the left, select "Advanced".  On the right side of the window
    in the "Features that help interpret web pages" box, make sure that the
    "Enable Java" check box is selected.  Otherwise the OJI plugin will
    not be operational.

5) Make sure CLASSPATH does not have the standard IBM JVM 1.1.x entries. An
    effective way to do this is to "NULL" this environment variable as
follows:

    SET CLASSPATH=

    If you encounter an error message such as "could not find main class" or
    if a NoClassDefFoundError is thrown when the JVM tries to load the main
    class for the Java applet, you may be experiencing this issue.

6/20/2006 10:32:57 PM
In <44980b1e$1$vaxyrchgqry$mr2ice@news.mozilla.org>, on 06/20/2006
   at 10:33 AM, inkleputDEL@ETEisp.com said:

I checked the Java console output against was I expected.  There was
nothing missing that I could see.

>FWIW, I just updated SM from 1.0.1 to 1.0.2, (I don't know how that
>relates to 1.5a) meaning I renamed the old directory and unzipped the
>update into a new one.

>I tried merely copying the ipluginw.dll into the component sub-dir, but
>that didn't work.  The test sites said I had NO Java (got that dumb
>puzzle piece logo).  Then I did the .xpi thing. OK.

Very strange.  The only difference with the .xpi and doing a manual copy
is that the .xpi forces the browser to refresh the registered plugins
list.  This is the same thing that would get done if you delete
compreg.dat and restart the browser.  It's acting as if you have a hidden
version of the browser running.

>I still get the java.lang......  error at the test sites, but so far it
>now doesn't lock up as hard.  That is, previously I got the clock mouse
>and had to screw around a lot to get it to move on.  Now I get the normal
>mouse arrow and clicking the error box button makes it move on - to show
>the same old nothing.

There's got to be some DLL in LIBPATH that conflicting with the browser.
What I recommend you do is trim down LIBPATH and PATH, leaving just enough
to run the browser.  See if that makes a difference.

I should probably take a look at the output of pstat while we are at it.

>BTW I turned off win32k.sys.  No change.

OK, then that's not the reason.

Regards,

Steven

Steven Levine <steve53@earthlink.bogus.net>  MR2/ICE 2.67 #10183
Warp/eCS/DIY/14.103a_W4 www.scoug.com irc.fyrelizard.com #scoug (Wed 7pm PST)

steve53
6/23/2006 4:33:22 AM
inkleputDEL@ETEisp.com wrote:
> The following assumes the use of gold code.  Is that a special purchase?

Yes, Goldencode sells a native java 1.4.1_07 for OS/2.  You can buy it
from them at:

http://www.goldencode.com/company/software/software.html
0
David
6/24/2006 4:55:34 PM
steve53@earthlink.net said:

>There's got to be some DLL in LIBPATH that conflicting with the browser.
>What I recommend you do is trim down LIBPATH and PATH, leaving just
>enough to run the browser.  See if that makes a difference.

I've pulled various DLLs and various numbers of DLLs until the system will
hardly run some times. Java plugin still errors out.

I know it has been said that my libc's must be OK or other things would
fail.  But can that really be true?  It isn't like there aren't different
parts of a DLL that can be involved.

Jim L via the eCS 1.24 version of OS/2

--
Stock market investers are expressing concern that... aw, who gives a flying fig!

0
inkleputDEL
6/26/2006 2:50:54 PM
In <44a0034b$1$vaxyrchgqry$mr2ice@news.mozilla.org>, on 06/26/2006
   at 11:50 AM, inkleputDEL@ETEisp.com said:

>I've pulled various DLLs and various numbers of DLLs until the system
>will hardly run some times. Java plugin still errors out.

That only means you haven't found the DLL or data that is triggering the
problem.

>I know it has been said that my libc's must be OK or other things would
>fail.  But can that really be true?

It's unlikely that it's not true.

>It isn't like there aren't different
>parts of a DLL that can be involved.

There could be, but there's no more reason to suspect the libc DLL than
any other DLL that contains code used by Seamonkey.

There's an almost infinite number of possible interactions that can cause
problems.  Fortunately, the number that actually occur in practice is
relatively small and the fixes are known.  Your problem is unusual and
seems to be changing a bit over time.  This is why I think you have some
sort of interaction with an otherwise benign component.

If you have some spare disk space, I would recommend a minimal test
install of eCS1.2.  Install just enough to run the browser and the Java
plugin.  See if what happens when you run Java on this setup.

Regards,

Steven

Steven Levine <steve53@earthlink.bogus.net>  MR2/ICE 2.67 #10183
Warp/eCS/DIY/14.103a_W4 www.scoug.com irc.fyrelizard.com #scoug (Wed 7pm PST)

steve53
6/28/2006 6:45:35 PM
steve53@earthlink.net said:

>f you have some spare disk space, I would recommend a minimal test
>install of eCS1.2.  Install just enough to run the browser and the Java
>plugin.  See if what happens when you run Java on this setup.

I always used Java fine under eCS 1.1.  It has never worked for me (and
others) under eCS 1.2.

I'm just not up to the task of debugging eCS 1.2.  If it weren't for the
fact that they abandoned 1.1 users I'd never have gone to 1.2.  Next, when
they dump 1.2 users and go exclusively to 2.0 buyers I'll probably go to
the naughty word OS.  At least they maintain support almost forever.  Of
course they're always programming more idiotic kitchen sinks instead of
improving robustness and compatibility.  But eCS is trying hard to catch
up with them on the kitchen sinks nonsense and was already way behind on
compatibility.

Of course they could still pull it out of the bag, but I don't hold much
hope.  The entire strategy of making every release an entirely new system
to which you then must attempt to glue bits and pieces of the existing,
functioning, working, effective setup you already had is mere trouble
looking for places to happen.  But that's hot/new for you.

Jim L via the eCS 1.24 version of OS/2

--
Stock market investers are expressing concern that... aw, who gives a flying fig!

0
inkleputDEL
6/29/2006 6:20:30 PM
In <44a42bd4$1$vaxyrchgqry$mr2ice@news.mozilla.org>, on 06/29/2006
   at 03:20 PM, inkleputDEL@ETEisp.com said:

>I'm just not up to the task of debugging eCS 1.2.

OK.  Then we are done.

Regards,

Steven

Steven Levine <steve53@earthlink.bogus.net>  MR2/ICE 2.67 #10183
Warp/eCS/DIY/14.103a_W4 www.scoug.com irc.fyrelizard.com #scoug (Wed 7pm PST)

steve53

superreview granted: [Bug 267738] Java plugin place-holder does not find Java plugin, plugin information bar works : [Attachment 164796] Make the installSinglePlugin() logic the same as in newMissing
Ben Goodger <bugs@bengoodger.com> has granted Ben Goodger <bugs@bengoodger.com>'s request for superreview: Bug 267738: Java plugin place-holder does not find Java plugin, plugin information bar works https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=267738 Attachment 164796: Make the installSinglePlugin() logic the same as in newMissingPlugin() (clicking puzzle piece vs clicking the button in our UI). https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?id=164796&action=edit ------- Additional Comments from Ben Goodger <bugs@bengoodger.com> r+sr=ben@mozilla.org ...

Updates fail to retain java plugins.
Name: Jonathan Guymon Email: jguymonatomnituredotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Updates fail to retain java plugins. Comments: Every time Firefox 3.5 updates, I have get an error about my Microsoft.net framework assistant 1.0 not being compatible. Then I have to re-install java to get any java applications to work at all. I would really appreciate it if updates would retain the java plug-in. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1) Gecko/20090616 Firefox/3.5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expect...

Sites that fail with SM, work with FF
There are several sites that fail with SeaMonkey (tested on Linux), but work with Firefox (even if the UA string of SM is changed to that of FF): http://www.letour.fr/ The page tells me I must activate JavaScript (which I have) http://digg.com/ When viewing comments, there are green buttons that should insert sub-comments into the page, but don't work on SeaMonkey http://community.channel4.com/eve/forums?a=cfrm&s=162603557&f=1140099508&c=1140099508 This is the "Forums" link on http://www.channel4.com/bigbrother/ The page ...

java, flash plugins fail to work
Name: linuxgeist Product: Firefox Summary: java, flash plugins fail to work Comments: Standard plugins such as java, flash which worked very well with 3.0 have all stopped working in 3.6.6. This is on linux openSUSE 11.0 The lib<plugin> so files are exactly where they should be and yet Firefox 3.6.6 does not find them. It prompts upgrading flash plugin but the latest version already exists and it fails to recognise its presence. Likewise Sun java 6u20 gets recognised by Sun site when opened with 3.0 but fails to recognise existence of the latest java when opened wi...

Caminho das pedras para apoiar o FF dev
Mais uma d=FAvida....Qual seria o "caminho das pedras" para apoiar no dev d= o FF ou do FF OS. Para desenvolver Apps eu pensei em HTML5->JS->Jquery e DOM... Mas em rela=E7=E3o ao FF OS qual seria? Se possivel, eu moro em SP (capital), indicarem livros ou cursos para eu criar um trajeto mais objetivo... Por enquanto conversei com o pessoal da caelum para um curso de HTML,CSS e JS... Mas eu gosto de Java e C tamb=E9m, ent=E3o penso em algo que seja HTML e JS para o FF OS e Java/C (talvez c++) para o FF em si... [ ]'s ...

Which plugin should I use for Firefox with regards to Java? Iced Tea plugin or Oracle's Java?
First off, thanks to anyone willing to help me out with what must be a common question. My question is which plugin should I use for Firefox with regards to Java, Iced Tea or Oracle's Java? I had YaST2 install Oracle's JRE as part of the restricted features installation (the first batch of updates openSUSE gives you), but there is no Java Web Start (or Java 2 Platform) listed under about:plugins in Firefox. Is there something that needs to be done to enable the Java already on my system, or do I need to install another plugin (OpenJDK, Iced Tea, or Oracle Java with one of ...

java 6 plugin for FF. 4.x?
Hi, Is there a java 6 plugin for FF 4.x somewhere? I installed java 6 for OS/2-ecs, but it does not have a plugin. Thank you, Oscar Rondon On 6/15/2011 2:30 PM, or wrote: > Is there a java 6 plugin for FF 4.x somewhere? No. There may be one eventually, but it doesn't exist now. ...

Is this the real flash 11 for SM/FF in os2/eCs?
As Salaam Aleikum! I was rooting around the ftp.netlabs.org site today and suddenly espied a file called flash11-4.11.5.zip existed on the site, so I immediately downloaded it and unpacked it. It contained 4 .dll files namely 12-08-30 20.54 9.813.704 0 NPSWF32_11_4_402_265.dll 12-11-02 17.49 9.814.968 0 NPSWF32_11_4_402_287.dll 12-11-18 6.17 14.586.808 0 NPSWF32_11_5_502_110.dll Now the question arises: Is this the real flash 11 for os2 / eCs which according to the Warpzilla home page only can be gotten if one have a Software Subscription, ...

FF's history bug... Moz/SM too?
Does the crash-when-long-title-in-the-history-file bug in Firefox affect Mozilla/Seamonkey as well? If so, what version(s)? Thanks! JA John A. wrote: > Does the crash-when-long-title-in-the-history-file bug in Firefox > affect Mozilla/Seamonkey as well? If so, what version(s)? I ran the test case and other than a long time loading on subsequent start I saw no problems. I did clear history after restarting. Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20051206 SeaMonkey/1.5a Rinaldi -- Immigration is the sincerest form of flattery. -- Jack Paar On ...

How to troubleshoot quicktime plugin fail, FF 4 and 5.
This is link to WRAL-TV page for Live radar. It used to work. It does work in MSIE. Message says I need to install Quicktime. (It is already installed) So I click to install it. Have to do it manual. When done, symptoms are the same. It says I need to install Quicktime. Tools/Addons, select Plugins, Quicktime shows installed. How do I troubleshoot this? Link: http://www.wral.com/weather/video/1068935/#/vid1068935 I think it is the ad that is creating the problem. King -- The more I learn the dumber I feel. On 06/23/2011 08:05 AM, king-daddy wrote: > This i...

FF 21.0: Java JRE7u25-Update & Flash Plugin
FYI, updating JRE to version 7u25 with the help of JavaRa 2.2 removes the Flash Plugin from Firefox so that it has to be reinstalled after the JRE update. On 19/06/2013 6:15 PM, rebro wrote: > FYI, updating JRE to version 7u25 with the help of JavaRa 2.2 removes > the Flash Plugin from Firefox so that it has to be reinstalled after the > JRE update. Am I correct to say that Java version had jumped from 7u21 to 7u25? -- @~@ Remain silent. Nothing from soldiers and magicians is real! / v \ Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and farces be with you! /( _ )\ (Fe...

superreview requested: [Bug 219705] Crash on loading Java plugin INTERNAL ERROR on Browser End : [Attachment 132802] add check for Blackdown java plugin
<tor@acm.org> has asked Mike Shaver <shaver@mozilla.org> for superreview: Bug 219705: Crash on loading Java plugin INTERNAL ERROR on Browser End http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=219705 Attachment 132802: add check for Blackdown java plugin http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?id=132802&action=edit ...

superreview requested: [Bug 347993] Get rid of unused entities in pageInfo.dtd (SM and FF) : [Attachment 241446] Remove unused entities (SM/FF)
Giacomo Magnini <giacomo.magnini@portalis.it> has asked neil@parkwaycc.co.uk <neil@httl.net> for superreview: Bug 347993: Get rid of unused entities in pageInfo.dtd (SM and FF) https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=347993 Attachment 241446: Remove unused entities (SM/FF) https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?id=241446&action=edit ...

superreview granted: [Bug 219705] Crash on loading Java plugin INTERNAL ERROR on Browser End : [Attachment 132802] add check for Blackdown java plugin
Mike Shaver <shaver@mozilla.org> has granted tor@acm.org's request for superreview: Bug 219705: Crash on loading Java plugin INTERNAL ERROR on Browser End http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=219705 Attachment 132802: add check for Blackdown java plugin http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?id=132802&action=edit ------- Additional Comments from Mike Shaver <shaver@mozilla.org> Aye. ...

Web resources about - Java plugin fails in SM, FF and Moz - mozilla.dev.ports.os2

Category:AutoWikiBrowser plugins - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Facebook Timeline Remover Google Chrome Plugin Tweaks HTML Code
Exoot Systems released yet another browser plugin that promises to remove timeline for profiles , but unlike others in the past, this one provides ...

Third-Party Plugins, Services and SDKs
... community to make it easier to integrate with Facebook. Here are a couple of new docs on the site to help you get started more quickly. Plugins ...

Facebook launches Shared Activity plugin for third-party web apps
Facebook today launches the “Shared Activity” plugin for third-party websites to give users more control over the Open Graph actions they’re ...

Report: Ad Blocking Plugins Cost Advertisers $21.8 Billion This Year
Report: Ad Blocking Plugins Cost Advertisers $21.

Chrome will pause Flash plugins to improve laptop battery life
Future versions of Chrome for PC will automatically pause Flash plugins that the browser deems inessential, which should result in better battery ...

Firefox dropping NPAPI plugins by the end of 2016—except for Flash
Mozilla joins Microsoft, Google in ditching most binary browser plugins.

ACDSee Pro 9 gains lens correction, Photoshop plugin support
... skin tones. ACDSee Pro and Ultimate also gain a stack of new filters, but if you need more, good news there’s support for Photoshop plugins, ...

Top 10 Free Must Have SEO Browser Plugins
... SearchMetrics, Majestic, Ahrefs, SEMRush, and the list could go on and on, but people often overlook the power of browser based plugins. I’m ...

37 jawdropping photos from a Google Chrome plugin that fills your browser with stunning satellite imagery ...
Bored of staring at a white screen all day? Earth View is a plugin from Google that replaces blank new tabs in Google Chrome with stunning satellite ...