High CPU in SM 2.42.9ESR with Chatzilla enabled. (was Refreshed build of SM 2.42.9ESR)

Hi Peter, moving this to a new thread.

Peter Brown wrote:
 > Hi All
 >
 > The answer seems to be to Disable Chatzilla.
 >
 > Seamonkey still causes cpus to peak when loading "busy" pages but there
 > is no constant peaking when the browser is doing nothing and when typing
 > email newsgroup messages.

As mentioned, I don't get the CPU's peaking behaviour here, but do have
moderately high CPU with chatzilla enabled, disabling brings CPU down to
the expected idle usage (typing this, one CPU at 0%, other bouncing from
5-10%).
I've verified that my tree, which dates back to the move to Mercurial.
Seems to be the same as a newly cloned tree.
Tested a new build of Firefox 45.9 with the XPI from the SM build, no
high CPU usage.
Not sure what else to check.

 > Disabling HPET in the BIOS also helps a little.

Need to investigate this and perhaps open an issue to get a flag to turn
off HPET in ACPI. Here I don't have a BIOS option to turn it off and
looking at kernel.log from Mint does show it being used.
Dave
0
Dave
9/4/2017 7:09:02 PM
mozilla.dev.ports.os2 2335 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow