Firefox 4.0.0 and 4.0.1 file d/l problem

Hi all,

Firefox v4.0.0, and v4.0.1
Currently using :-

Build identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (OS/2; Warp 4.5; rv:2.0.1) Gecko/
20100101 Firefox/4.0.1

The plugins directory is empty, backed up my profile and created a
clean one,
'Use Hardware acceleration' is disabled on Options-Advanced.

Tools, Options, General,
Tick 'Show the Downloads windows when downloading a file'
Tick 'Close it when all downloads are finished'
Tick 'Always ask me where to save files'

Download a file,
splat... Firefox implodes with no beeps, no Exceptq files.
Moved the Exceptq package to the firefox directory, still
no crash report created :(

UnTick 'Close it when all downloads are finished'
Download a file,
All is right with the world.

Sorry, but I believe a computer 'should' make ones life a bit
easier, and save me one double click to save the download
windows :)

My first thought was the "Close" it bit is closing Firefox itself
except when I restart firefox, it starts in recovery mode with
the previous session.

Seamonkey v2.0.14 and all previous versions worked well
apart from the no d/l process window showing.

AMD Quad CPU with 4G ram, 500G HD, 4 to 5 years old now.
Only other software problem I have is PMMail v3.xx.xx, and
unable to get Yuri's latest ClamAV demon lasting more than
2/3 scans before dying.

I havent checked FF on another OS/2 PC, lack of work space
at present.

Apart from the above, this is the first version of FF I've liked
enough
to switch from Seamonkey, so thank you Walter, and everyone else
that has contributed, greatly appreciated.

Cheers
IanBManners
0
Ian
5/3/2011 4:40:24 PM
mozilla.dev.ports.os2 2337 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On Tue, 3 May 2011 16:40:24 UTC, Ian Manners <sonicprince@gmail.com> wrote:

> Firefox v4.0.0, and v4.0.1
>
> Tools, Options, General,
> Tick 'Show the Downloads windows when downloading a file'
> Tick 'Close it when all downloads are finished'
> Tick 'Always ask me where to save files'
>
> Download a file,
> splat... Firefox implodes with no beeps, no Exceptq files.
> Moved the Exceptq package to the firefox directory, still
> no crash report created :(
>
> UnTick 'Close it when all downloads are finished'
> Download a file,
> All is right with the world.

Add 'SET MOZ_NORWS=1' to your FF environment.  Apparently, RWS is still
fetching icons from the WPS when the window closes which causes something
to get screwed up.  BTW... I get Exceptq trap reports when this happens.

--
== == almost usable email address:  Rich AT E-vertise DOT Com == ==

0
Rich
5/4/2011 12:15:51 AM
Hi Rich,

> Add 'SET MOZ_NORWS=3D1' to your FF environment. =A0Apparently, RWS is sti=
ll
> fetching icons from the WPS when the window closes which causes something
> to get screwed up. =A0BTW... I get Exceptq trap reports when this happens=
..

ok, added SET MOZ_NORWS=3D1 to my startup cmd file, same thing happens
but
now I do get exceptg trap reports, removed SET MOZ_NORWS=3D1 from the
startup
cmd file and no exceptq trap reports, so put it back in , and trap
reports.
Interesting.

Dates are day/month/year

I notice that the rws*.dll's I have are
14/09/08   2:32      23730           0  RWSCLI08.DLL
14/09/08   2:32      24032           0  RWSSRV08.DLL

The ones in your rws08 package are
 3/07/07   0:08      24755           0  RWSCLI08.DLL
 3/07/07   0:08      25510           0  RWSSRV08.DLL

Will email the trap reports later depending on a bit more checking
and experimenting.

Cheers
Ian
0
Ian
5/4/2011 7:03:05 AM
Ian Manners wrote:
> Download a file,
> splat... Firefox implodes

Any file? If not, what extension and is it associated with anything in
the WPS?
Dave
0
Dave
5/4/2011 7:31:35 AM
Hi Rich,

Found some more rws*.dll's in the c:\ecs\dll directory.

(day/month/year)
10/08/09   6:47      23730           0  RWSCLI08.DLL
10/08/09   6:47      24032           0  RWSSRV08.DLL

eCS and the 'other' \usr, \etc etc directory structures are really
starting
to make a mess of more than just path/libpath statements..

I don't run eCS but there are some programs than require certain
things in certain places which is really starting to irritate me.

I've moved all rws*.dll's out of the way and Firefox down closes
the download window without crashing, putting one set of rws*.dll's
back (even with 'SET MOZ_NORWS=1') FF will crash when the
download window closes.

So that fixes the only thing with Firefox that was causing a minor
problem,
for me at least :)

Cheers
Ian
0
Ian
5/4/2011 7:47:28 AM
Hmm, there is no "Save Link Target As" on the right click menu :(
I wanted to save a 13Mb DNS text file direct to disk, so I had to load
it in the browser
window, then "Save Page As", I guess I could copy link, drop it in the
URL bar, then
Shift Load.

Is there a special way of doing this ?

Cheers
Ian
0
Ian
5/6/2011 6:17:26 PM
On Wed, 4 May 2011 07:47:28 UTC, Ian Manners <sonicprince@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've moved all rws*.dll's out of the way and Firefox down closes
> the download window without crashing, putting one set of rws*.dll's
> back (even with 'SET MOZ_NORWS=1') FF will crash when the
> download window closes.

Ooops... I got it wrong, it's 'SET MOZ_NO_RWS=1' (note the extra underscore).

FYI... no matter how many pairs of rws dlls you have or where they are
located, the mozapps will only use one of those pairs (if they've been
registered properly).

Put RWSSRV08.DLL, RWSCLI08.DLL, *and* RWS08.CMD in a suitable directory
(preferably, one on the your LIBPATH so other apps can find them).  Now,
run RWS08.CMD and select the option to register the RWS08 WPS class.
Hereafter, the mozapps will only use the dlls in *that* directory.

The mozapps use a round-about way of locating RWSCLI08 to ensure all
of them can find it, even if it isn't on the LIBPATH.  First, they get
a list of WPS classes and the dlls that implement them.  If the RWS08
WPS class was registered using a fully-qualified path to RWSSRV08.DLL
(e.g. x:\some\path\rwssrv08.dll), the mozapps then look in the same
directory for RWSCLI08.DLL and load that copy.  They only search your
LIBPATH if they can't identify the directory containing RWSSRV08 or
if RWSCLI08 can't be found there.

RWS08.CMD has to be run from the same directory as the dlls to make
this scheme work.  If you want to relocate the dlls, just copy them
to the new location and rerun rws08.cmd from there.  Thereafter,
that pair will be used and the others will be ignored.

--
== == almost usable email address:  Rich AT E-vertise DOT Com == ==

0
Rich
5/7/2011 1:12:19 AM
On Fri, 6 May 2011 18:17:26 UTC, Ian Manners <sonicprince@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hmm, there is no "Save Link Target As" on the right click menu :(
> I wanted to save a 13Mb DNS text file direct to disk, so I had to load
> it in the browser window, then "Save Page As", I guess I could copy link,
> drop it in the URL bar, then Shift Load.
>
> Is there a special way of doing this ?

You should check what the link points to.  If it identifies some javascript,
then there won't be a "Save Link Target As" because there isn't any file to
download.  This seems to happen a lot with links to videos and requires you
to scan the page source looking for the actual URL for the file.

--
== == almost usable email address:  Rich AT E-vertise DOT Com == ==

0
Rich
5/7/2011 1:17:27 AM
On 2011/05/06 20:17 (GMT-0500) Rich Walsh composed:

> On Fri, 6 May 2011 18:17:26 UTC, Ian Manners wrote:

>> Hmm, there is no "Save Link Target As" on the right click menu :(
>> I wanted to save a 13Mb DNS text file direct to disk, so I had to load
>> it in the browser window, then "Save Page As", I guess I could copy link,
>> drop it in the URL bar, then Shift Load.

>> Is there a special way of doing this ?

> You should check what the link points to.  If it identifies some javascript,
> then there won't be a "Save Link Target As" because there isn't any file to
> download.  This seems to happen a lot with links to videos and requires you
> to scan the page source looking for the actual URL for the file.

Or try an extension: http://www.downloadhelper.net/

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/
0
Felix
5/7/2011 3:03:05 AM
so much easier to simply right click on a direct link to a file then click on save as ...

http://www.okean.com/antispam/dns/dns.html

no javascript, so I have to load the file in the browser, then right click on Save Page.
0
Ian

MySQL 4.0 or MySQL 4.1 ? (switching from 4.0 to 4.1 results in problems)
Hi there, I tried to migrate my bugzilla DB from MySQL 4.0 to MySQL 4.1 but I did not work. Unfortunately the data is not displayed anymore. I have worked around the passwd/login problem, ok. Searching also works but if i want to display a bug, all fields are empty. I looked into the 4.1 DB and the data is there, however it is not displayed in the webbrowser... I seems to be related to the problem "Can't find bugs" which was discussed in May this year, but I could not find a solution there. What it the recommendation. Stay to MySQL 4.0 ? (I am on WinXP) t...

Problem during installation of dnn 4.0.0 and 4.0.1
Hi guys, I've been trying to install dotnetnuke 4.0.0 and from today 4.0.1, using a MS SQL 2005 database. I keep getting the following error: 00:00:24.312 -   Error: Could not find stored procedure 'dbo.aspnet_CheckSchemaVersion'. Any clues why this happens? Here is the Installation Status Report. 00:00:00.093 - Installing Version: 3.1.000:00:00.125 - Installing Script: DotNetNuke.SetUp.SqlDataProvider00:00:00.234 - Installing Script: DotNetNuke.Schema.SqlDataProvider00:00:05.015 - Installing Script: DotNetNuke.Data.SqlDataProvider00:00:09.562 -&...

Firefox 2.0.0.4 and Thunderbird 2.0.0.4
Name: Steven C. Stacy Email: bigmosteve_57atwildbluedotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 2.0.0.4 and Thunderbird 2.0.0.4 Comments: I have been a programmer for 30 years. I just upgraded to the versions on Firefox and Thunderbird listed in the subject line. I think these versions are very buggy. Firefox's password manager doesn't work and even with the link "http://hendrix.mozilla.org" work around link to "force autocomplete=off doesn't do the trick. Thunderbird can get my e-mail but keeps asking for one on the accounts password. When I ca...

Firefox 2.0.0.3
hi; my site is http://www.nedir.net. it's frame based. any user login to this site and server create a session. user click any subject from left frame and show content to main frame, session ok! but users when jump to other page (1-2-3 .. ) at content page, session cannot load. this problem for only some firefox users, not ie, opera etc.. math wrote: > hi; > my site is http://www.nedir.net. it's frame based. any user login to > this site and server create a session. user click any subject from > left frame and show content to main frame, session ok! but users w...

java 6.0.0.1 add on is not compatible with update firefox 2.0.0.4
Name: Ferdinand van Dieten Email: irisdotferdinandatversateldotnl Product: Firefox Summary: java 6.0.0.1 add on is not compatible with update firefox 2.0.0.4 Comments: after the previous update it was the same problem and I had to go back to jave 5.11 or so. I thought that morzilla had good relations with SUN - in a common struggle with Microsoft ??. I work (because of my job) with windows XP. Best regards Ferdinand Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; nl; rv:1.8.1.4) Gecko/20070515 Firefox/2.0.0.4 ...

1.5.0.0.3 vs 1.5.0.0.4
I have had numerous difficulties with FF 1.5.0.0.4, in particular, some sites often just hang when I click on links. A particularly bad site is Dell http://www.dell.com/, which - when I try to configure a computer - gets all kinds of "waiting for dell" status bar messages. I tried it with a clean profile, to no avail. It works flawlessly with IE. I downloaded fresh copies of 1.5.0.3 and 1.5.0.4 with the intent of uninstalling the latter and then trying the former. *The uninstall process hung*. So I installed 1.5.0.3 on top of 1.5.0.4. The Dell site now works fl...

Testday - Friday, May18th: Firefox 1.5.0.12
Hi Mozilla Community Testers!, Please join the Mozilla QA community for Testday on Friday, May 18th, 2007! This week, we will be looking at the Firefox 1.5.0.12 and 2.0.0.4 and Thunderbird 1.5.0.12 Release Candidates The event will run Friday, May 18th, 2007, from 7am - 5pm PDT Please visit http://wiki.mozilla.org/Mozilla_QA_Community:Firefox_2004rc3/15012_Community_Test_Day for all the info regarding the event. Jump into the #testday channel on irc.mozilla.org on Friday to participate. We hope to see you there! Thanks. Carsten Mozilla QA ...

Firefox 2.0.0.3 and 2.0.0.4
In order to fix a small number of serious regressions, we are looking to do a very quick 2.0.0.3/1.5.0.11 release to pick up some fixes for recent regressions. 2.0.0.4/1.5.0.12 will be the next regular security/stability releases. 2.0.0.3 blockers https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist.cgi? keywords_type=nowords&keywords=fixed1.8.1.3 +verified1.8.1.3&field0-0-0=flagtypes.name&type0-0-0=equals&value0-0-0=b locking1.8.1.3%2B&order=map_assigned_to.login_name,bugs.bug_id We are going to be looking at nominations over the next few days, based on the follo...

Firefox 2.0.0.4 and Firefox 1.5.0.12 Security and Stability Update
As part of Mozilla Corporation=92s ongoing stability and security =20 update process, Firefox 1.5.0.12 and Firefox 2.0.0.4 are now =20 available for Windows, Mac, and Linux for free download from http://=20 getfirefox.com. Due to the security fixes, we strongly recommend that all Firefox =20 users upgrade to these latest releases. Note: We anticipate this to be the last release in the Firefox =20 1.5.0.x series. Mozilla typically maintains support for previous =20 releases for six months after a major release. Mozilla has previously =20= extended the planned end of life for the ...

does Redhat AS 4 have compact problem with firefox 2.0.0.4?
i have installed the redhat as 4 in a Compaq server,because i want to use the newest firefox version.So I downloaded the firefox 2.0.0.4 in the offical website. it's a tar-ball.After tar -zxvf *****. run firefox, some wrong happen, it appear that "error while loading shared libraries:libmozjs.so so what's wrong? any info will help,thanks On 6 13 , 7 26 , wanzhim...@gmail.com wrote: > i have installed the redhat as 4 in a Compaq server,because i want to > use the newest firefox version.So I downloaded the firefox 2.0.0.4 in > the offical website. it's a ...

Upgrade 4.0.0 Starter Kit to 4.0.1 Starter kit
I installed the 4.0.0 starter kit and upgraded a module I was working on from 3.1 with problems. However now that 4.0.1 has arrived I do not see how I can upgrade to it easily and the upgrade of starter kits does not seem to be mentioned in the 4.0.1 documentation? Could anybody please advise? Many thanks Richard. I'm in the same boat, can't find an easy way to upgrade my DNN site created with the starter kit version 4.0.0. I am thinking the only way to upgrade the portal is to download the install version of 4.0.1 and extract the zip over the existing files in the...

Firefox 2.0.0.4, Firefox & Thunderbird 1.5.0.12 Release Checklist
We are on schedule to release Firefox 2.0.0.4 and Firefox & Thunderbird 1.5.0.12 tomorrow afternoon, Wednesday 5/30 @4pm PDT. Community feedback on the release candidates has not revealed any show-stopper problems so far. These are some of the items remaining to be completed before the release, based on the information in the release checklist for this cycle - http://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox:1.5.0.12-2.0.0.4:Release_Checklist Today: - mozilla.com website changes - Reed / Jay - Security Notes - dveditz - QA sign-off - juanb / Marcia - Stage the builds and updates - cf (...

0.0.0.0
Can someone tell me the function of this scan? FWIN,2001/08/28,20:06:43 -6:00 GMT,0.0.0.0:800,255.255.255.255:800,UDP "Ben" <notben@home.com> wrote in message news:9mhion$2hf9$1@news.grc.com... > Can someone tell me the function of this scan? > FWIN,2001/08/28,20:06:43 -6:00 GMT,0.0.0.0:800,255.255.255.255:800,UDP Ben, I haven't a clue. 800 TCP mdbs_daemon 800 UDP mdbs_daemon http://www.robertgraham.com/pubs/firewall-seen.html http://www.robertgraham.com/pubs/firewall-seen.html#3.6 http://www.robertgraham.com/pubs/firewall-seen.html#3.2 -- ...

0.0.0.0 ????
Obviously a local IP, but what are its functions/purpose? Thanks for educating the uneducated. In article <MPG.18bf7ade16e851cb989680@news.grc.com>, shr@p.com says... > > > Obviously a local IP, but what are its functions/purpose? > > Thanks for educating the uneducated. > Any available adapter - i.e. not bound to specific IP address. -- Bloated Elvis In article <MPG.18bf7ade16e851cb989680@news.grc.com>, shr@p.com says... > > > Obviously a local IP, but what are its functions/purpose? > > Thanks for educating the une...

Web resources about - Firefox 4.0.0 and 4.0.1 file d/l problem - mozilla.dev.ports.os2

Firefox Affiliates

Firefox OS
The latest news about Firefox OS

Techarger Firefox