Firefox-3.6.12 and Thunderbird-3.1.6 for OS/2 released

Hi,
I've uploaded the interim updates for Firefox and Thunderbird to the
mozilla ftp server.
http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/3.6.12/contrib/firefox-3.6.12.en-US.os2.zip
http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/thunderbird/releases/3.1.6/contrib/thunderbird-3.1.6.en-US.os2.zip
Both versions include Rich Walsh's fix for the loosing certain letters
when using "copy link location".
I thought this interim release would give us a good opportunity for
testing the fix.
Have Fun,  Walter
P.s. Firefox-3.5.15, SeaMonkey-2.0.10 and Thunderbird-3.0.10
containing the same fix will make their way to the mozilla server soon
I won't announce it separately so check the ftp server please
0
Walter
11/17/2010 9:53:59 PM
mozilla.dev.ports.os2 2337 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

3 Replies
716 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 45

Walter Meinl wrote:
> Hi,
> I've uploaded the interim updates for Firefox and Thunderbird to the
> mozilla ftp server.
> http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/3.6.12/contrib/firefox-3.6.12.en-US.os2.zip
> http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/thunderbird/releases/3.1.6/contrib/thunderbird-3.1.6.en-US.os2.zip
> Both versions include Rich Walsh's fix for the loosing certain letters
> when using "copy link location".
> I thought this interim release would give us a good opportunity for
> testing the fix.
> Have Fun,  Walter
> P.s. Firefox-3.5.15, SeaMonkey-2.0.10 and Thunderbird-3.0.10
> containing the same fix will make their way to the mozilla server soon
> I won't announce it separately so check the ftp server please

Hi Walter, did you also update mzfntcfgft with Alex's patch?
Dave
0
Dave
11/17/2010 11:23:06 PM
On Nov 18, 12:23=A0am, Dave Yeo <dave.r....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Walter Meinl wrote:
>
> Hi Walter, did you also update mzfntcfgft with Alex's patch?
> Dave

yes, they're linked against the updated mzfntcfgft as well as the
other versions will be.
Walter
0
Walter
11/19/2010 11:19:22 PM
On Fri, 19 Nov 2010 23:19:22 UTC, Walter Meinl <wuno@lsvw.de> wrote:

> > Hi Walter, did you also update mzfntcfgft with Alex's patch?
> > Dave
> 
> yes, they're linked against the updated mzfntcfgft as well as the
> other versions will be.

Well, now what I can finally test this, I have to report that it only
seems to partially work. :/

Using the M+ fonts as before, the normal weight seems to be getting 
mapped properly (to M+ 2p medium, looks like), which is good.

The bold font, OTOH, appears to be mapping to M+ 2p black instead of
M+ 2p bold.  Not sure why that is... maybe I can knock some kind of
simple test app together so I can play with mzfntcfgft directly.

-- 
Alex Taylor
Fukushima, Japan
http://www.socis.ca/~ataylo00

Please take off hat when replying.
0
Alex
12/11/2010 9:06:39 AM
Reply: