FF3.0 and printing

I managed to disable printing to the desktop in pdf. I tried first
time and had eight files on the desktop which I did throw away. Since
then FF3.0 says its printing, but nothing shows up on the desktop.
Can't find any settings to rectify the problem. Found out that save to
a file still works, so its a workaround. I know it can print to a
printer, because its disabled. If it will do some day, please leave
the possibility to print to pdf as a choice, its damn easy that way.
However, difficult pages will give trouble of ending the program at
once.
0
Joop
6/29/2008 5:30:04 PM
mozilla.dev.ports.os2 2335 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Joop.Nijenhuis@gmail.com schrieb:
> I managed to disable printing to the desktop in pdf. I tried first
> time and had eight files on the desktop which I did throw away. Since
> then FF3.0 says its printing, but nothing shows up on the desktop.
> Can't find any settings to rectify the problem. Found out that save to
> a file still works, so its a workaround. I know it can print to a
> printer, because its disabled. If it will do some day, please leave
> the possibility to print to pdf as a choice, its damn easy that way.
> However, difficult pages will give trouble of ending the program at
> once.

Hallo Joop

excellent idea / request

to keep the workaround at Firefox 3.0 port GA - print to PDF file -
as feature, when the printing to printer is fully implemented.

Rainer
0
Rainer
6/30/2008 9:18:49 AM
On 29.06.08 19:30, Joop.Nijenhuis@gmail.com wrote:
> I managed to disable printing to the desktop in pdf. I tried first
> time and had eight files on the desktop which I did throw away. Since
> then FF3.0 says its printing, but nothing shows up on the desktop.
> Can't find any settings to rectify the problem.

I just now occurred to me that printers stupidly save the last filename
in the print.printer_<queue-name>.print_to_filename preference. If you
reset that, it should work again and print to the desktop. Until you
next use the "Print to file" checkbox.

> Found out that save to
> a file still works, so its a workaround. I know it can print to a
> printer, because its disabled. If it will do some day, please leave
> the possibility to print to pdf as a choice, its damn easy that way.

That's the plan, I wanted to make an artificial queue "Print to PDF"
or something like that in addition to the normal OS/2 printer queues.

> However, difficult pages will give trouble of ending the program at
> once.

Not sure what this means...
--
Please     | Official Warpzilla Ports: http://www.mozilla.org/ports/os2/
reply in   |
On 1 jul, 23:18, Peter Weilbacher <newss...@weilbacher.org> wrote:
> I just now occurred to me that printers stupidly save the last filename
> in the print.printer_<queue-name>.print_to_filename preference. If you
> reset that, it should work again and print to the desktop. Until you
> next use the "Print to file" checkbox.

May be stuppid, but where can I find this setting, now pdf option will
delete the pdf-file just made when you start a new one.

> That's the plan, I wanted to make an artificial queue "Print to PDF"
> or something like that in addition to the normal OS/2 printer queues.

Nice to have...

> > However, difficult pages will give trouble of ending the program at
> > once.
>
> Not sure what this means...
> --
For some unknown reasons sometimes with big and difficult html files
it just aborts. Sometimes pages just don't show up. By adding or
deleting just a line or insert or just delete a <BR> the page(s) shows
or don't shows. This can't be a matter of wrong html page setup. But I
can't pinpoint accurately whats really happening. Up to now I just
work around the problem with try and error, but its no way logical.
0
Joop

Please see <http://kb.mozillazine.org/About:config> for guidance.

>> > However, difficult pages will give trouble of ending the program at
>> > once.
>>
>> Not sure what this means...
>> --
> For some unknown reasons sometimes with big and difficult html files
> it just aborts. Sometimes pages just don't show up. By adding or
> deleting just a line or insert or just delete a <BR> the page(s) shows
> or don't shows. This can't be a matter of wrong html page setup. But I
> can't pinpoint accurately whats really happening. Up to now I just
> work around the problem with try and error, but its no way logical.

Just to be sure, you did not mean that Firefox was crashing while
printing to PDF? If you encounter public pages that don't print right
to PDF, please tell me their URLs.
--
Please                      Enhanced OS/2 builds of Mozilla applications
reply in                                    http://pmw-warpzilla.sf.net/
    Steve's Warpzilla Tips: http://www.os2bbs.com/os2news/Warpzilla.html
0
Peter
7/7/2008 1:22:30 PM
On 7 jul, 15:22, Peter Weilbacher <newss...@weilbacher.org> wrote:
> On 06.07.2008 16:57, Joop.Nijenh...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> > May be stuppid, but where can I find this setting, now pdf option will
> > delete the pdf-file just made when you start a new one.
>
> Please see <http://kb.mozillazine.org/About:config> for guidance.

Thanks Peter, found it by accident myself.

> Just to be sure, you did not mean that Firefox was crashing while
> printing to PDF? If you encounter public pages that don't print right
> to PDF, please tell me their URLs.
> --
No, have it on my disk, but first try might be dirty, I did put
several individual pages in one file neglecting the fact that each had
its own html header. Have to try it again.

But I found new stuff with printing.
1) I'm not sure, but with properties for printing the menu is still
talking about inches despite I installed Dutch. It should be cm. or
so.

2) In properties for printing you have to put in some numbers for left
or right margin or top or bottom margin. Despite its in inches it
works well except not for the header or footer. Those are printed
without any margin in the example. When you print to a pdf file and
make a book of it with certain printer systems, than you have to scale
it automatic downwards or put in a factor manually. With this the
pages are printed smaller than intended in order to get those headers
and footers readable on paper.

3) There is a nasty bug in printing. I don't know how to explain it
more clearly, so here it is. Lets say you have first.html and
second.html
First you load first.html and make a pdf-file from it. Now you load
second.html and you make a pdf-file from it. You have now two pdf-
files, but the first one, ie first.pdf from first.html, is empty. The
contents are deleted and an empty shell is written. I have the work
around in copying the pdf's to an other directory. If you load
first.html again, and again make a pdf from it, then second.pdf is
emptied and left as an emty shell. First I didn't understand why, so
it took me several hours because I thought it was in the html code.
0
Joop

0.0.0.0 ????
Obviously a local IP, but what are its functions/purpose? Thanks for educating the uneducated. In article <MPG.18bf7ade16e851cb989680@news.grc.com>, shr@p.com says... > > > Obviously a local IP, but what are its functions/purpose? > > Thanks for educating the uneducated. > Any available adapter - i.e. not bound to specific IP address. -- Bloated Elvis In article <MPG.18bf7ade16e851cb989680@news.grc.com>, shr@p.com says... > > > Obviously a local IP, but what are its functions/purpose? > > Thanks for educating the une...

0.0.0.0
Can someone tell me the function of this scan? FWIN,2001/08/28,20:06:43 -6:00 GMT,0.0.0.0:800,255.255.255.255:800,UDP "Ben" <notben@home.com> wrote in message news:9mhion$2hf9$1@news.grc.com... > Can someone tell me the function of this scan? > FWIN,2001/08/28,20:06:43 -6:00 GMT,0.0.0.0:800,255.255.255.255:800,UDP Ben, I haven't a clue. 800 TCP mdbs_daemon 800 UDP mdbs_daemon http://www.robertgraham.com/pubs/firewall-seen.html http://www.robertgraham.com/pubs/firewall-seen.html#3.6 http://www.robertgraham.com/pubs/firewall-seen.html#3.2 -- ...

TPF and port 67 UDP req from 0.0.0.0:68
Hi! I am using TPF 2.0.14 on Win98SE. I recently installed an ADSL connection (which uses PPPoE to my ISP) and ever since I'm getting the following entries in my log: 1,[26/Dec/2001 16:37:50] Rule 'Packet to unopened port received': : In UDP, BILBO [0.0.0.0:68]->localhost:67, Owner: No owner 1. What does it mean that the source IP is 0.0.0.0? Is it my machine that is sending messages to itself (it is named Bilbo)? If so, why and how can it turn it off? As I understand it, the ports 67 and 68 have something to do with DHCP, but DHCP is turned off in my network p...

printing issues with firefox 2.0.0.1 and 2.0.0.3
Name: ledatica Email: ledaticaathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: printing issues with firefox 2.0.0.1 and 2.0.0.3 Comments: OS - windows XP home edition with SP2 After installing Firefox version 2.0.0.3 I noticed that web page printing is out of order, when the xp user account is a limited account. I checked to see the print preview and that showed me only partial page displayed and only prints partial page. I logged back on as XP admin account and checked the same web page again. This time both the print preview and the actual printing came out exactly as the web...

63.0.0.0.0/255..0.0.0
Has anyone ever heard of this or know where it goes to.It was asking permission to act as a server? Thanks in advance for any help. "pb" <nothing@nomail.com> wrote in message news:9pa1u4$38b$1@news.grc.com... > Has anyone ever heard of this or know where it goes to.It was asking > permission to act as a server? Thanks in advance for any help. If it shows in your firewall log, can you post a copy of it? -- � -- Robert grc.com forum FAQ - http://grc.com/discussions.htm grc.com forum quick reference - http://grc.com/nntpquickref.htm grc.com forum disclaim...

IP Address 0.0.0.0.0
Some Agent which crosses proxy (MS ISA proxy) are register to the database with 0.0.0.0. When the agent send a request to the server for register, the field ContactAddress has 0.0.0.0 .0 The same PC - Agent without passing a proxy (another location) send a good ContactAdress IP when it register to the server. (Proxy or not) how agent defined addresses IP before to send for registration ? (Locally, with a service network, patchlink network) christian Astinx, can you post the agent update log? -- Shaun Pond PatchLink Update Agent.log 2006/10/23 10:45:14.033...

Closing Port 515 and Port 0
I recently did the sheilds-up test and it came back with my Port 515 open and Port 0 was closed but not stealth. I recently did a search but I could not find too much info. on closing these ports. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks ART Hello again.. I did a search on this newsgroup and saw that I had to forward the port to a virtual server's free IP address and that has fixed that problem. However I still have the port 0 problem and my SMC wireless router won't recoginize port 0 as a valid port. Where do I go from here? Thanks again "ART" <art@audio.com&g...

!27.0.0.1 vs. 0.0.0.0
I can use any number of tools to see what ports I have listening and/or connected. But among the *Listening* ports, some are 127.0.0.1 and some are 0.0.0.0. What is the difference between 127.0.0.1 and 0.0.0.0 ? Since I've got both - there MUST be a difference. Thanks, Alan 0.0.0.0 stands for all interfaces (example: yourIPaddress,127.0.0.1-127.254.254.254) 127.0.0.1 stands for local interface only (127.0.0.1) > 0.0.0.0 stands for all interfaces > (example: yourIPaddress,127.0.0.1-127.254.254.254) > > 127.0.0.1 stands for local interface only (127....

Will PB 8.0.2 fix printing problems in 8.0 and 8.0.1?
Will PB 8.0.2 fix printing problems in 8.0 and 8.0.1? You might want to repost this over in the powerbuilder.general section and be a little more specific about the type of printing issues that you are looking for the fix for. On Fri, 24 May 2002 17:55:42 -0400, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.futures_discussion John <John> wrote: >Will PB 8.0.2 fix printing problems in 8.0 and 8.0.1? Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] http://www.teamsybase.com http://www.needhim.org ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp ...

Mysterious connection attempts port 0 to 0
I'm wondering if anyone here can throw any light on a mysterious connection attempt that's been going on for 6 months. I run W98 and ZA. Since the day I got my current dial-up account, ZA has daily blocked and logged a connection attempt from a particular adsl IP belonging to another account holder with my ISP. The attempt is always port 0 to port 0. Some days there are only one or two, other times it's a dozen, and the interval between attempts is also very variable. I've discussed this with my ISP security people. They say they don't have any explanation but thi...

Print or Print Preview causes FF3 crash
Name: L Braun Product: Firefox Summary: Print or Print Preview causes FF3 crash Comments: After upgrading from FF2 to FF3, FF crashes when print or print preview are selected or CTRL+P is pressed. I use Windows XP SP3 and my printers are on a WIFI network, i.e., not directly connected to my computer. NOTE: After providing my email address before, it was hijacked and used to send spam. I'm still getting dozens of server return messages every day regarding spam I never sent. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.3) Gecko/2008092417 Fi...

2.0.0 b1 ~ The fine print
There will be lots of time and more documentation... but a few notes are in order on the current release. 1) Binaries packaged are in release mode. So if you're not a developer you can test full speed. If you are, recompile as you see fit. 2) The code for the AccessDataProvider (and the Survey AccessDataProvider) are included in the release, though not in the solution. They are outdate, though you may look at them. They will be brought current for the Beta II release. The Access option is in the web.config but will not work. 3) The solution, as packaged, is for VS 2003, .Net 1....

V2.0.0.10 crashing when printing
Name: Peter Mulcahy Email: petermulcahyatoptusnetdotcomdotau Product: Firefox Summary: V2.0.0.10 crashing when printing Comments: A bug seems to have been built into the latest version updated yesterday 27/11/07. I find if I am viewing a page and wish to print it (File/Print) the browser says it is updating the printer information, but freezes. To close it I have to kill of the session. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.10) Gecko/20071115 Firefox/2.0.0.10 ...

FireFox 2.0.0.20/3.0.1 Printing only 1st page on solaris 9 and fedora 10
Hi Guys, I have Firefox 2.0.0.20/3.0.1 on solaris 9 and FF 3.0.8 on fedora 10 only print 1st page, I can preview the pages and print to file is saving all pages but when it comes printing it print only 1st page, have old version Firefox 1.5.04, it prints all pages.I googled but couldn't find rigth answere, help will be appreciated. Regards John John Smith on 4/2/2009 6:45 PM, keyboarded a reply: > Hi Guys, > > > I have Firefox 2.0.0.20/3.0.1 on solaris 9 and FF 3.0.8 on fedora 10 only > print 1st page, I can preview the pages and print to file is ...

Web resources about - FF3.0 and printing - mozilla.dev.ports.os2

Printing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the process of reproducing text and images. For the handwriting method often called printing, see block letters . For other ...

La Presse Stops Printing Weekday Editions After 131 Years 3
This was part of the company's plan to go paperless.

Microsoft Outlook for iOS updated with 3D Touch and email printing
... a new event, and viewing your calendar. via iDownloadBlog Print The new version of Microsoft Outlook for iOS also adds support for printing. ...

"After the exodus of editors from The New Republic last year, the magazine is printing things like this..." ...
"'Ban guns. All guns. Get rid of guns in homes, and on the streets, and, as much as possible, on police.... Ban guns! Not just gun violence. ...

Epson EcoTank ET-4550 Review: The Future Of Printing Has Arrived
... cartridge. That all-too-familiar scenario is about to change. Epson’s new all-in-one Workforce EcoTank printer line is changing the printing ...

EPFL's printing technique hides one image behind the other
Remember those holographic cards that give off different colors when you tilt them a certain way? Well, in the video below the fold, the &Eacute;cole ...

3-D Printing Brings Czech Cubism To Life In Gorgeous Geometric Dinnerware Set
Svetlana Koženová's collection for Czech home goods retailer Lauriger ushers Czech Cubism into the 21st century. In the years between 1910 and ...

Is ISIS printing fake Syrian passports?
Is ISIS printing fake Syrian passports?

How To Control Thermite Pyrotechnics with 3D Printing
... releasing a lot of energy all willy-nilly. Scientists at the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) have figured out how to use 3D printing ...

US Intel: ISIS May Have Passport Printing Machine, Blank Passports
With the U.S. and other countries on high alert for ISIS attacks, American authorities are warning the terror group’s followers may have infiltrated ...