Creating a new profile without the xxxxxxxx.slt catalog

As Salaam Aleikum!

She(*) must create a new profile for Her mailer, SMPMW118 because the
current profile is sick The new profile shall reside on the FAT32 R:
partition, be named Brekke and don't have that pesky xxxxxxxx.slt
catalog in it (i.e. keep it simple). So how can this be accomplished?
The current FF She uses 17.0.1ESR wont get th the Tips page because a
secure connection can't be established. So how should She proceed to do
this?

Cul8er alligator!
gaea - feminist & chunkawakan
--
/GAIA (Insulin User - 23th Anniversary :-)  Ex-wife deceased :-(
        Team OS/2      e-mail:  cribo.jacobsson@gaea.se (Primary)

Christer Jacobsson wrote:

> She(*) must create a new profile for Her mailer, SMPMW118 because the
> current profile is sick The new profile shall reside on the FAT32 R:
> partition, be named Brekke and don't have that pesky xxxxxxxx.slt
> catalog in it (i.e. keep it simple). So how can this be accomplished?
> The current FF She uses 17.0.1ESR wont get th the Tips page because a
> secure connection can't be established. So how should She proceed to do
> this?

I don't think you can without the salt, probably for security reasons.
And yes, 17 is too old to connect with a lot of sites.
Dave
0
Dave
8/15/2019 2:41:31 AM
En 19/08/15 04:41, Dave Yeo escribió:
> Christer Jacobsson wrote:
>>
>> She(*) must create a new profile for Her mailer, SMPMW118 because the
>> current profile is sick The new profile shall reside on the FAT32 R:
>> partition, be named Brekke and don't have that pesky xxxxxxxx.slt
>> catalog in it (i.e. keep it simple). So how can this be accomplished?
>> The current FF She uses 17.0.1ESR wont get th the Tips page because a
>> secure connection can't be established. So how should She proceed to do
>> this?
>
> I don't think you can without the salt, probably for security reasons.
> And yes, 17 is too old to connect with a lot of sites.

The salt always irritated me, so you probably can.

http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/h-search.php?key=mrtools&pushbutton=Search

As usual, use at our own risk, no warranty, etc.

Cheers,
AFD.
0
UTF
8/15/2019 10:04:20 AM
Dave Yeo wrote:
> Christer Jacobsson wrote:

As Salaam Aleikum!

>> She(*) must create a new profile for Her mailer, SMPMW118 because the
>> current profile is sick The new profile shall reside on the FAT32 R:
>> partition, be named Brekke and don't have that pesky xxxxxxxx.slt
>> catalog in it (i.e. keep it simple). So how can this be accomplished?
>> The current FF She uses 17.0.1ESR wont get th the Tips page because a
>> secure connection can't be established. So how should She proceed to do
>> this?
>
> I don't think you can without the salt, probably for security reasons.
> And yes, 17 is too old to connect with a lot of sites.
> Dave

Ok, let's forget getting rid of that .slt catalog. So She first opens a
windowed os2 session so She can see it simultaneously with the old
profile data. Is the command line for managing profile data
"seamonkey.exe -Profilemanager" or should it be "Seamonkey.exe
--Profilemanager". Then creating the r:\mozilla.org dir, then jump to
the windowed os2 setting, first setting mozilla_home=r: and then kick
off the profile manager. Then look at the old profile data, ticking them
off in the windowed session to the same values as in the old sick
profile, only changing these that's location-dependent like the cache
location. Then save the profile in the windowed os2 session and closing
it so the new profile will "take effect". She has read that one can
migrate the personal adress book, mail&news and Settings, but the last
She can't use because of the old profile's sickness. When the migration
is done, She thinks that She must copy the .w and .s "by hand" and
likewise copy the Bookmarks and History files to the new profile.
Lastly, modify the .cmd file that starts SMPMW118 so it will run with
the new profile Brekke instead of the old one. She thinks that the first
thing that's have be done using the new profile is running the Junk mail
trainer against the mail under the Brekke profile so the junk mail
checker is up-to-date.

Cul8er alligator!
gaea - feminist & chunkawakan

--
/GAIA (Insulin User - 23th Anniversary :-)  Ex-wife deceased :-(
        Team OS/2      e-mail:  cribo.jacobsson@gaea.se (Primary)
        Team eCs       e-mail:  gaianerthus@yahoo.com   (Alternate)
        Team DRW       Dare Refuse Windows
        Chunkawakan    Lakota/Sioux: Horse
0
Christer
9/3/2019 7:53:44 AM
Christer Jacobsson wrote:
> Ok, let's forget getting rid of that .slt catalog. So She first opens a
> windowed os2 session so She can see it simultaneously with the old
> profile data. Is the command line for managing profile data
> "seamonkey.exe -Profilemanager" or should it be "Seamonkey.exe
> --Profilemanager". Then creating the r:\mozilla.org dir, then jump to
> the windowed os2 setting, first setting mozilla_home=r: and then kick
> off the profile manager. Then look at the old profile data, ticking them
> off in the windowed session to the same values as in the old sick
> profile, only changing these that's location-dependent like the cache
> location. Then save the profile in the windowed os2 session and closing
> it so the new profile will "take effect". She has read that one can
> migrate the personal adress book, mail&news and Settings, but the last
> She can't use because of the old profile's sickness. When the migration
> is done, She thinks that She must copy the .w and .s "by hand" and
> likewise copy the Bookmarks and History files to the new profile.
> Lastly, modify the .cmd file that starts SMPMW118 so it will run with
> the new profile Brekke instead of the old one. She thinks that the first
> thing that's have be done using the new profile is running the Junk mail
> trainer against the mail under the Brekke profile so the junk mail
> checker is up-to-date.

That sounds about right. Currently it is --profilemanager, though it
seems it was -profilemanager. Run Seamonkey -h and it should leave a
console window with the help output
Dave
0
Dave