Clicking on any URL in Tbird tries to open "www.g.com" and gets error "Page not found"

Hi,

When I click on a url in Thunderbird, either in an email or a news item,
I get two tabs: One is for www.g.com, and says problem loading page,
page not found, and the other is the actual URL I was trying to reach.

I'm guessing this has to do with the calendar? But I don't have the
lightning extension installed, and would like to get rid of this error.
Any suggestions? I've tried searching on this, but have not gotten any
answers that fit.

Thanks,
Karen

--
Karen Roberts
0

Karen Roberts wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I click on a url in Thunderbird, either in an email or a news item,
> I get two tabs: One is for www.g.com, and says problem loading page,
> page not found, and the other is the actual URL I was trying to reach.
>
> I'm guessing this has to do with the calendar? But I don't have the
> lightning extension installed, and would like to get rid of this error.
> Any suggestions? I've tried searching on this, but have not gotten any
> answers that fit.

Hmm, I seem to have included Calendar in my raw upload. Double check in
addons that it is not installed and if it is, disable/uninstall. Then,
with TB closed, go into your program directory and under extensions
delete the folder that starts with {e2fda1a4- you can look in it first
to verify that it is calendar.
I use the Thunderbrowse extension which makes opening URLs in TB much
nicer or I right click and choose Visit in Browser to view in SM.
Dave

0
Dave
9/6/2015 8:21:09 PM
On 09/06/15 01:21 pm, Dave Yeo wrote:
> Karen Roberts wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> When I click on a url in Thunderbird, either in an email or a news item,
>> I get two tabs: One is for www.g.com, and says problem loading page,
>> page not found, and the other is the actual URL I was trying to reach.
>>
>> I'm guessing this has to do with the calendar? But I don't have the
>> lightning extension installed, and would like to get rid of this error.
>> Any suggestions? I've tried searching on this, but have not gotten any
>> answers that fit.
>
> Hmm, I seem to have included Calendar in my raw upload. Double check in
> addons that it is not installed and if it is, disable/uninstall. Then,
> with TB closed, go into your program directory and under extensions
> delete the folder that starts with {e2fda1a4- you can look in it first
> to verify that it is calendar.
> I use the Thunderbrowse extension which makes opening URLs in TB much
> nicer or I right click and choose Visit in Browser to view in SM.
> Dave

Hi Dave,

I don't have any add-ons or extensions. I deleted the directory above
(although there didn't seem to be anything in it) and for good measure,
moved all files starting with "cal" in the thunderbird directory to a
backup folder. But I still get the same behavior. Right click and
selecting "open Link in Browser" also gets the www.g.com link trying to
open. I don't use SeaMonkey, not sure if that makes a difference. It's
not a biggie, since the correct link does open in a 2nd tab, it's just
annoying.

Regards,
Karen

--
Karen Roberts
0
wrote:

> On 09/06/15 01:21 pm, Dave Yeo wrote:
> > Karen Roberts wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> When I click on a url in Thunderbird, either in an email or a news item,
> >> I get two tabs: One is for www.g.com, and says problem loading page,
> >> page not found, and the other is the actual URL I was trying to reach.
> >>
> >> I'm guessing this has to do with the calendar? But I don't have the
> >> lightning extension installed, and would like to get rid of this error.
> >> Any suggestions? I've tried searching on this, but have not gotten any
> >> answers that fit.
> >
> > Hmm, I seem to have included Calendar in my raw upload. Double check in
> > addons that it is not installed and if it is, disable/uninstall. Then,
> > with TB closed, go into your program directory and under extensions
> > delete the folder that starts with {e2fda1a4- you can look in it first
> > to verify that it is calendar.
> > I use the Thunderbrowse extension which makes opening URLs in TB much
> > nicer or I right click and choose Visit in Browser to view in SM.
> > Dave
> >

> Hi Dave,
>
> I don't have any add-ons or extensions. I deleted the directory above
> (although there didn't seem to be anything in it) and for good measure,
> moved all files starting with "cal" in the thunderbird directory to a
> backup folder. But I still get the same behavior. Right click and
> selecting "open Link in Browser" also gets the www.g.com link trying to
> open. I don't use SeaMonkey, not sure if that makes a difference. It's
> not a biggie, since the correct link does open in a 2nd tab, it's just
> annoying.
>
> Regards,
> Karen

Funny. You get two choices and I get none.  :)  Using same profile as
with TB 17 which opened email URLs in Firefox perfectly.  TB 38 does
nothing, as if there were no default browser to find.

To Dave:  Is there a setting in about config or prefs.js that will
tell Thunderbird to go to Firefox?  I've searched and found the
following suggested for Linux:

"You could edit the prefs.js file and add

user_pref("network.protocol-handler.app.http", "/usr/bin/firefox");"

Would something like that work?  I see nothing in "our" Thunderbird
like that.

--
Barbara
0
On 09/07/15 12:03 PM, Karen Roberts wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> I don't have any add-ons or extensions. I deleted the directory above
> (although there didn't seem to be anything in it) and for good measure,
> moved all files starting with "cal" in the thunderbird directory to a
> backup folder. But I still get the same behavior. Right click and
> selecting "open Link in Browser" also gets the www.g.com link trying to
> open. I don't use SeaMonkey, not sure if that makes a difference. It's
> not a biggie, since the correct link does open in a 2nd tab, it's just
> annoying.

Probably some subtle profile corruption. Test if it happens when in
safe-mode (Help-->Restart with Add-ons Disabled) and you could review
your preferences by going to options-->general-->Advanced, click the
General tab then the Config Editor button. The bold entries are ones
that have been changed. Also search for g.com. As usual it doesn't hurt
to start out with a backup
Dave
0
Dave
9/7/2015 9:42:18 PM

On 09/07/15 02:25 PM, Barbara wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Sep 2015 19:03:32 UTC, Karen Roberts <kvroberts@comcast.net>
> wrote:

>>> Hmm, I seem to have included Calendar in my raw upload. Double check in
>>> addons that it is not installed and if it is, disable/uninstall. Then,
>>> with TB closed, go into your program directory and under extensions
>>> delete the folder that starts with {e2fda1a4- you can look in it first
>>> to verify that it is calendar.
>>> I use the Thunderbrowse extension which makes opening URLs in TB much
>>> nicer or I right click and choose Visit in Browser to view in SM.
>>> Dave
>>>

>> Hi Dave,
>>
>> I don't have any add-ons or extensions. I deleted the directory above
>> (although there didn't seem to be anything in it) and for good measure,
>> moved all files starting with "cal" in the thunderbird directory to a
>> backup folder. But I still get the same behavior. Right click and
>> selecting "open Link in Browser" also gets the www.g.com link trying to
>> open. I don't use SeaMonkey, not sure if that makes a difference. It's
>> not a biggie, since the correct link does open in a 2nd tab, it's just
>> annoying.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Karen
>
> Funny. You get two choices and I get none.  :)  Using same profile as
> with TB 17 which opened email URLs in Firefox perfectly.  TB 38 does
> nothing, as if there were no default browser to find.
>
> To Dave:  Is there a setting in about config or prefs.js that will
> tell Thunderbird to go to Firefox?  I've searched and found the
> following suggested for Linux:
>
> "You could edit the prefs.js file and add
>
> user_pref("network.protocol-handler.app.http", "/usr/bin/firefox");"
>
> Would something like that work?  I see nothing in "our" Thunderbird
> like that.

You might have to add it manually to about:config (See other message for
how to get there, then right click and choose New-->String) and can
always be removed if it doesn't help.
Note that the behavour changed at some point and right clicking an URL
and choosing "Visit in Browser" works here to open the default browser
(SM here).
I also recommend the Thunderbrowse extension to open URLs in TB
Dave
0
Dave
9/7/2015 9:47:02 PM

On Mon, 7 Sep 2015 21:47:02 UTC, Dave Yeo <dave.r.yeo@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 09/07/15 02:25 PM, Barbara wrote:
> > On Mon, 7 Sep 2015 19:03:32 UTC, Karen Roberts <kvroberts@comcast.net>
> > wrote:

> >> Hi Dave,
> >>
> >> I don't have any add-ons or extensions. I deleted the directory above
> >> (although there didn't seem to be anything in it) and for good measure,
> >> moved all files starting with "cal" in the thunderbird directory to a
> >> backup folder. But I still get the same behavior. Right click and
> >> selecting "open Link in Browser" also gets the www.g.com link trying to
> >> open. I don't use SeaMonkey, not sure if that makes a difference. It's
> >> not a biggie, since the correct link does open in a 2nd tab, it's just
> >> annoying.
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> Karen
> >
> > Funny. You get two choices and I get none.  :)  Using same profile as
> > with TB 17 which opened email URLs in Firefox perfectly.  TB 38 does
> > nothing, as if there were no default browser to find.
> >
> > To Dave:  Is there a setting in about config or prefs.js that will
> > tell Thunderbird to go to Firefox?  I've searched and found the
> > following suggested for Linux:
> >
> > "You could edit the prefs.js file and add
> >
> > user_pref("network.protocol-handler.app.http", "/usr/bin/firefox");"
> >
> > Would something like that work?  I see nothing in "our" Thunderbird
> > like that.
> >

> You might have to add it manually to about:config (See other message for
> how to get there, then right click and choose New-->String) and can
> always be removed if it doesn't help.
> Note that the behavour changed at some point and right clicking an URL
> and choosing "Visit in Browser" works here to open the default browser
> (SM here).
> I also recommend the Thunderbrowse extension to open URLs in TB
> Dave

Right clicking, "visit in Browser" does nothing.

Thunderbrowse works so long as one is content to view the page within
the (small) TB window.  I never knew about this one.  Thanks.

--
Barbara
0
<bcallen@nospam.attglobal.net> wrote:

> Thunderbrowse works so long as one is content to view the page within
> the (small) TB window.  I never knew about this one.  Thanks.

Nevermind.  I just found "Open in New Window".

--
Barbara
0
On 09/07/15 03:43 PM, Barbara wrote:
> Right clicking, "visit in Browser" does nothing.

Does clicking an URL on the desktop work? Perhaps check that Internet
Application Integration (iai) (under Internet) has your browser set
correctly.
Due to deficiencies in our OS, don't use RUN! with iai even if you use
it to launch your browser and it probably won't work unless the browser
is already running.

> Thunderbrowse works so long as one is content to view the page within
> the (small) TB window.  I never knew about this one.  Thanks.

There are deficiencies with Thunderbrowse, including lack of JavaScript
IIRC, but plenty good enough for much. There's always dragging the URL
to Firefox for those pages where you need a full browser.
Dave
0
Dave
9/8/2015 2:51:50 AM

On Tue, 8 Sep 2015 02:51:50 UTC, Dave Yeo <dave.r.yeo@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 09/07/15 03:43 PM, Barbara wrote:
> > Right clicking, "visit in Browser" does nothing.
>
> Does clicking an URL on the desktop work? Perhaps check that Internet
> Application Integration (iai) (under Internet) has your browser set
> correctly.

It does now.  (...removed RUN!)

> Due to deficiencies in our OS, don't use RUN! with iai even if you use
> it to launch your browser and it probably won't work unless the browser
> is already running.

This is with eCS 2.2b2, and everything is now working.  I removed RUN!
options from the iai entries for Browser (Firefox)  and Email
(Thunderbird), *AND* I had to remove RUN! options from the ecenter
widget I use to launch them.  When I left RUN! options in the Firefox
launch widget, Thunderbird whined that it "Couldn't load XUL.dll" when
right clicking an email URL to view in browser.  Removing RUN! options
fixed that.

Hope that makes sense.  I would never have found that solution without
your hints.  Thanks!!!

> > Thunderbrowse works so long as one is content to view the page within
> > the (small) TB window.  I never knew about this one.  Thanks.
>
> There are deficiencies with Thunderbrowse, including lack of JavaScript
> IIRC, but plenty good enough for much. There's always dragging the URL
> to Firefox for those pages where you need a full browser.
> Dave

Now I have predictable choices.

--
Barbara
0
On 09/07/15 07:51 pm, Dave Yeo wrote:
> On 09/07/15 03:43 PM, Barbara wrote:
>> Right clicking, "visit in Browser" does nothing.
>
> Does clicking an URL on the desktop work? Perhaps check that Internet
> Application Integration (iai) (under Internet) has your browser set
> correctly.
> Due to deficiencies in our OS, don't use RUN! with iai even if you use
> it to launch your browser and it probably won't work unless the browser
> is already running.
>

>> Thunderbrowse works so long as one is content to view the page within
>> the (small) TB window.  I never knew about this one.  Thanks.
>
> There are deficiencies with Thunderbrowse, including lack of JavaScript
> IIRC, but plenty good enough for much. There's always dragging the URL
> to Firefox for those pages where you need a full browser.
> Dave

I removed Run! from the iai and widgets, had to copy the NSPR4.DLL file
from Tbird to FF, somehow the one in the FF directory wasn't correct and
I guess using Run! had masked that. Anyway, now everything works.

Thanks!
Karen

--
Karen Roberts
0
Karen Roberts wrote:
> I removed Run! from the iai and widgets, had to copy the NSPR4.DLL file
> from Tbird to FF, somehow the one in the FF directory wasn't correct and
> I guess using Run! had masked that. Anyway, now everything works.

I finally got around to testing what you and Barbara had done. Sure
enough the DLLs are close to compatible now (Firefox's xul.dll doesn't
like calendar) and Thunderbird runs much better without run! or
LIBPATHSTRICT. Glad to see the xul.dlls being compatible and hopefully
they'll remain so with ESR38. DLLs are supposed to be shared.
What problem did you have with NSPR4.DLL? I would have thought nsprpub
would be compatible, even across different versions to an extent.
Also note that my builds DLLs are probably slightly faster then the
Bitwise ones as I optimized for i686 (Pentium Pro) while Bitwise
targeted i486 for some reason. I doubt that anyone is going to run
Mozilla on a 486 :) I've tried targeting newer processors but our GCC is
buggy and doesn't align things right.
Dave
0
Dave

.ALLCOL("%COLUMN%", " ", ", ", ", ")

Get "Mail"/"Get "News" / "Write"/"Post" buttons?
If the "Get Mail" button text changed to "Get News", and "Write" changed to "Post" when TB's in the news-reading mode, it would save me and probably others from constantly forgetting to make the change before proceeding. :-) Or is there an extension to do this which I don't know about? Thanks! Bob Bob P wrote: > If the "Get Mail" button text changed to "Get News", and "Write" > changed to "Post" when TB's in the news-reading mode, it would save me > and probably others...

testing "All Service Ports" gets 400 bad request "page cannot be found"
When I run ZoneAlarm and test "All Service Ports" I get a 400 bad request "page cannot be found", and no results to the test. If I turn off ZoneZlarm, it gives results. Does this mean ZoneAlarm passes the test so well that the results can't even come thru? Thanks Mark "Markss" <comercial@ev1.net> wrote in message news:ciq55a$n45$1@news.grc.com... > When I run ZoneAlarm and test "All Service Ports" I get a 400 bad request > "page cannot be found", and no results to the test. If I turn off > ZoneZlarm, it gives re...

quotes, quotes, quotes...

"The resource cannot be found." error when there is a "dot" at the end of the url
Hi,I'm using ASP .NET MVC Beta and I get the HTTP 404 (The resource cannot be found) error when I use this url which has a "dot" at the end:  http://localhost:81/Title/Edit/Code1.If I remove the dot at the end or the dot is somewhere in the middle I don't get the error. Error details are as follows:I tried to debug but it I get the error from "System.Web.CachedPathData.GetConfigPathData(String configPath)" before ProcessRequest in MvcHandler.Is "dot" not allowed at the end of a url? Or is there a way to fix the route definition to handle this url?Th...

same "+" toolbar button for "open new tab" and "page Zoom"
How do I find which "toolbar customize" button icon has been put by which add-on, or was it built into basic ff? I am finding exactly same, identical "+" toolbar button for "open new tab" and also for "page Zoom". I got them from "customize" icon set. Whom to tell to make each button icon slight different. Are these built into ff, or some add-on might have put it. Thanks. -- Rawat On 9/29/2012 1:12 PM, V S Rawat gmoz wrote: > How do I find which "toolbar customize" button icon has been put by > which add...

"Error on page" when clciking "Jobs" in "Printer Control" with iManager
Hello all, I have the following issue in iManager : when I click on "Jobs" in "Printer Control" tab for a printer object, I have the following error message : "Error on page"/"Done with Error" in the left down corner of my Internet Explorer (v6.0) If I double click on the error message, I have either "Expected ')'" or "Object Expected" in the error description window. What surprise me is the fact that it occurs only on printers from one of our four NDPSM. (This is why I didn't post on the imanager forum) Tho...

"To" and "From" missing

Using "+" or "||"

Replacing "\\" with "\"

double quote