Building a new profile for SMPMW118

As Salaam Aleikum!

She looked into the Profile dir (the current one) and discovered a bunch 
of files, namely the 78476856.s and 78476856.w, 90820967.s, cert8.db, 
key3.db and secmod.db. As She durst not migrate the Profile to the new 
one, "Brekke", what statements refers to these files in prefs.js? As 
She's not skilled in switching between files in TEDIT.EXE so perhaps the 
best way is to place these statements for the abovementioned files in an 
user.js file and letting the other preferences go to the regular 
prefs.js. So could you post the statements that refers to these files so 
She can "install" them properly, please?


Cul8er alligator!
gaea - feminist & chunkawakan
-- 
/GAIA (Insulin User - 23th Anniversary :-)  Ex-wife deceased :-(
        Team OS/2      e-mail:  cribo.jacobsson@gaea.se (Primary)
        Team eCs       e-mail:  gaianerthus@yahoo.com   (Alternate)
        Team DRW       Dare Refuse Windows
        Chunkawakan    Lakota/Sioux: Horse
0
Christer
10/19/2019 10:57:11 AM
mozilla.dev.ports.os2 2335 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

2 Replies
48 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 22

Hi Christer

Christer Jacobsson wrote:
> As Salaam Aleikum!
>
> She looked into the Profile dir (the current one) and discovered a bunch
> of files, namely the 78476856.s and 78476856.w, 90820967.s, cert8.db,
> key3.db and secmod.db. As She durst not migrate the Profile to the new
> one, "Brekke", what statements refers to these files in prefs.js? As
> She's not skilled in switching between files in TEDIT.EXE so perhaps the
> best way is to place these statements for the abovementioned files in an
> user.js file and letting the other preferences go to the regular
> prefs.js. So could you post the statements that refers to these files so
> She can "install" them properly, please?
>
>
> Cul8er alligator!
> gaea - feminist & chunkawakan



Open prefs.js with e.exe and Search for whatever filenames you are 
looking for.


Regards

Pete
0
Peter
10/20/2019 5:12:52 PM
Peter Brown wrote:
> Hi Christer
> 

As Salaam Aleikum!

> Christer Jacobsson wrote:
>> As Salaam Aleikum!
>>
>> She looked into the Profile dir (the current one) and discovered a bunch
>> of files, namely the 78476856.s and 78476856.w, 90820967.s, cert8.db,
>> key3.db and secmod.db. As She durst not migrate the Profile to the new
>> one, "Brekke", what statements refers to these files in prefs.js? As
>> She's not skilled in switching between files in TEDIT.EXE so perhaps the
>> best way is to place these statements for the abovementioned files in an
>> user.js file and letting the other preferences go to the regular
>> prefs.js. So could you post the statements that refers to these files so
>> She can "install" them properly, please?
>>
>>
>> Cul8er alligator!
>> gaea - feminist & chunkawakan
> 
> 
> 
> Open prefs.js with e.exe and Search for whatever filenames you are 
> looking for.
> 

Wonderful news! It's more easy searching in e.exe than in TEDIT.EXE AND 
She could open an user.js (for the new profile) and just copy&paste the 
relevant statement into this file. Then open it with TEDIT.EXE to check 
that there is no cr-lf chars at the end of the statements, then save 
eventual changes and exit. The rest of the profile data will go into the 
regular prefs.js Then creating a mozila.org on the R: partitionm, open 
the old pforile with -Profilemanager and open a windowed OS2 session and 
invoke -Profilemanager and tick off the relevant settings in it. When 
that's done, migrate the adress book and mail&newsgroups to the new 
profile. Then use a small .cmd file to invocate SMPMW1118 beginning with 
the 'setlocal' statement and then 'SET MOZILLA_HOME=R:\MOZILLA.ORG", the 
rest will be "vanilla statements like the one in the seamonkeymail.cmd 
which She uses to invoke the mailer.
> 
> Regards


Cul8er alligator!
gaea - feminist & chunkawakan
-- 
/GAIA (Insulin User - 23th Anniversary :-)  Ex-wife deceased :-(
        Team OS/2      e-mail:  cribo.jacobsson@gaea.se (Primary)
        Team eCs       e-mail:  gaianerthus@yahoo.com   (Alternate)
        Team DRW       Dare Refuse Windows
        Chunkawakan    Lakota/Sioux: Horse
0
Christer
10/21/2019 6:00:12 AM
Reply: