W3C Proposed Recommendation: Cooperative Scheduling of Background Tasks (requestIdleCallback)

--2ht6lpruhsswelyl

A W3C Proposed Recommendation is available for the membership of
W3C (including Mozilla) to vote on, before it proceeds to the final
stage of being a W3C Recomendation:

  Cooperative Scheduling of Background Tasks
  https://www.w3.org/TR/requestidlecallback/
  https://w3c.github.io/requestidlecallback/
  Deadline for responses: Tuesday, November 7, 2017

If there are comments you think Mozilla should send as part of the
review, please say so in this thread.  Ideally, such comments should
link to github issues filed against the specification.  (I'd note,
however, that there have been previous opportunities to make
comments, so it's somewhat bad form to bring up fundamental issues
for the first time at this stage.)

Given that this is something that I believe we implement, we should
be voting on this, even if that vote is just to support without any
comments.  But I'd definitely like to hear from somebody
knowledgable about the spec and our implementation before just doing
that.

-David

--=20
=F0=9D=84=9E   L. David Baron                         http://dbaron.org/   =
=F0=9D=84=82
=F0=9D=84=A2   Mozilla                          https://www.mozilla.org/   =
=F0=9D=84=82
             Before I built a wall I'd ask to know
             What I was walling in or walling out,
             And to whom I was like to give offense.
               - Robert Frost, Mending Wall (1914)

--2ht6lpruhsswelyl

--2ht6lpruhsswelyl--
mozilla.dev.platform 6004 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow