redundant(?) code churn and code style issues in bug 525063

The huge patch that recently hit mozilla-central in bug 525063 makes me
a bit sad. Did we really need to do this? On this scale?

It's presumably auto-generated by a static-analysis tool or something
like that, but ISTM it has been overly aggressive, adding a lot more
code churn than necessary (as well as committing some pretty extreme
style violations such as over-long lines).

For example, it has added explicit initializers to constructors in cases
where the members were already default-initialized at the point of
declaration.

Couldn't we have been a little less heavy-handed here?

(I would have just commented in the bug, but don't have access to it....)

JK
0
Jonathan
4/13/2018 10:18:38 AM
mozilla.dev.platform 6290 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow