Proposed W3C Charter: Web Performance Working Group #5

--vEao7xgI/oilGqZ+

The W3C is proposing a revised charter for:

  Web Performance Working Group
  https://www.w3.org/2018/07/webperf-charter
  https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-new-work/2018Jul/0002.html

Mozilla has the opportunity to send comments or objections through
Friday, August 3.

The changes relative to the previous charter are:
https://services.w3.org/htmldiff?doc1=3Dhttps%3A%2F%2Fwww.w3.org%2F2016%2F0=
7%2Fwebperf&doc2=3Dhttps%3A%2F%2Fwww.w3.org%2F2018%2F07%2Fwebperf-charter

Please reply to this thread if you think there's something we should
say as part of this charter review, or if you think we should
support or oppose it.

-David

--=20
=F0=9D=84=9E   L. David Baron                         http://dbaron.org/   =
=F0=9D=84=82
=F0=9D=84=A2   Mozilla                          https://www.mozilla.org/   =
=F0=9D=84=82
             Before I built a wall I'd ask to know
             What I was walling in or walling out,
             And to whom I was like to give offense.
               - Robert Frost, Mending Wall (1914)

--vEao7xgI/oilGqZ+

--vEao7xgI/oilGqZ+--
mozilla.dev.platform 6420 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On 7/10/18 10:59 PM, L. David Baron wrote:
> The changes relative to the previous charter are:
> https://services.w3.org/htmldiff?doc1=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.w3.org%2F2016%2F07%2Fwebperf&doc2=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.w3.org%2F2018%2F07%2Fwebperf-charter

It looks like the new charter proposes to merge navigation timing and
resource timing, but leave user timing and performance timeline
separate.  That won't completely address my concerns about
monkeypatching and unclear behavior, since the whole point is that the
performance timeline exposes stuff from all those other specs but the
way it's done is very monkeypatchy and unclear...  We should probably
point out that we would prefer for all of these to be merged.

-Boris
0
Boris