Proposal to remove the xpfe autocomplete bindings and the xpfe/components/autocomplete directory

While tracking down the XBL bindings in the tree, I noticed that there =
are 4 inside the xpfe/ directory at =
https://github.com/mozilla/gecko-dev/blob/master/xpfe/components/autocompl=
ete/resources/content/autocomplete.xml.

I'd like to remove those bindings, and AFAICT we aren't using them in =
Firefox. Are there any objections to removing the code from m-c?

Thanks,
Brian

0
Brian
11/14/2017 12:58:57 AM
mozilla.dev.platform 6403 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

They are used in comm-central suite and owned by suite. We are currently
evaluating moving them to comm-central. There is also corresponding css in the
tree.

Regards
Frank-Rainer Grahl

Brian Grinstead wrote:
> While tracking down the XBL bindings in the tree, I noticed that there are 4 inside the xpfe/ directory at https://github.com/mozilla/gecko-dev/blob/master/xpfe/components/autocomplete/resources/content/autocomplete.xml.
>
> I'd like to remove those bindings, and AFAICT we aren't using them in Firefox. Are there any objections to removing the code from m-c?
>
> Thanks,
> Brian

0
Frank
11/14/2017 9:04:32 AM
That makes sense. I went ahead and filed Bug 1417119 for the removal =
from m-c, and we can coordinate a move to comm-central there.

Brian

> On Nov 14, 2017, at 1:04 AM, Frank-Rainer Grahl <frg@gmx.com> wrote:
>=20
> They are used in comm-central suite and owned by suite. We are =
currently evaluating moving them to comm-central. There is also =
corresponding css in the tree.
>=20
> Regards
> Frank-Rainer Grahl
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Brian Grinstead wrote:
>> While tracking down the XBL bindings in the tree, I noticed that =
there are 4 inside the xpfe/ directory at =
https://github.com/mozilla/gecko-dev/blob/master/xpfe/components/autocompl=
ete/resources/content/autocomplete.xml.
>> I'd like to remove those bindings, and AFAICT we aren't using them in =
Firefox. Are there any objections to removing the code from m-c?
>> Thanks,
>> Brian

Brian
11/14/2017 5:25:17 PM
This has now landed - it was moved into comm-central in Bug 1418512 and =
removed from mozilla-central in Bug 1417119.

Brian

> On Nov 14, 2017, at 9:25 AM, Brian Grinstead <bgrinstead@mozilla.com> =
wrote:
>=20
> That makes sense. I went ahead and filed Bug 1417119 for the removal =
from m-c, and we can coordinate a move to comm-central there.
>=20
> Brian
>=20
>> On Nov 14, 2017, at 1:04 AM, Frank-Rainer Grahl <frg@gmx.com> wrote:
>>=20
>> They are used in comm-central suite and owned by suite. We are =
currently evaluating moving them to comm-central. There is also =
corresponding css in the tree.
>>=20
>> Regards
>> Frank-Rainer Grahl
>>=20
>>=20
>>=20
>>=20
>> Brian Grinstead wrote:
>>> While tracking down the XBL bindings in the tree, I noticed that =
there are 4 inside the xpfe/ directory at =
https://github.com/mozilla/gecko-dev/blob/master/xpfe/components/autocompl=
ete/resources/content/autocomplete.xml.
>>> I'd like to remove those bindings, and AFAICT we aren't using them =
in Firefox. Are there any objections to removing the code from m-c?
>>> Thanks,
>>> Brian
>=20

0