Intent to unship: MathML mfenced element

In bug 1603773 I intend to ship 'mathml.mfenced_element.disabled' set to
true in all builds.  This pref is already set to true in Nightly builds
for ~2 months (added in bug 1587577), so my change just makes it ride
the trains.  The intention is to remove the preffed-off code eventually.

The reason we're removing support for this MathML element is that it was
removed from the spec.  See bug 1587577 for details.

/Mats
0
Mats
12/17/2019 11:39:23 PM
mozilla.dev.platform 6621 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

In bug 1603773 I intend to ship 'mathml.mfenced_element.disabled' set to
true in all builds.  This pref is already set to true in Nightly builds
for ~2 months (added in bug 1587577), so my change just makes it ride
the trains.  The intention is to remove the preffed-off code eventually.

The reason we're removing support for this MathML element is that it was
removed from the spec.  See bug 1587577 for details.

/Mats
0
Mats
12/17/2019 11:39:23 PM
Thanks for doing it. Out of curiosity, what do our counters say about
the % of pages containing mfenced relative to the number of pages
containing MathML?

--
Frédéric Wang
0
On 12/18/19 10:11 AM, Frédéric Wang wrote:
> Thanks for doing it. Out of curiosity, what do our counters say about
> the % of pages containing mfenced relative to the number of pages
> containing MathML?

FYI, most of our telemetry data is public.
You should be able to find it from here:
https://telemetry.mozilla.org/

In this case, the use counter is MathML_DeprecatedMfencedElement and it
doesn't show up in the relevant page:
https://georgf.github.io/usecounters/#kind=page&group=DEPRECATED&channel=beta&version=72
which I'm reading as "never occurred even once".
I'm not very familiar with our telemetry though so I could be wrong...

/Mats
0
Mats
12/18/2019 9:28:25 PM
On 12/18/19 10:11 AM, Frédéric Wang wrote:
> Thanks for doing it. Out of curiosity, what do our counters say about
> the % of pages containing mfenced relative to the number of pages
> containing MathML?

FYI, most of our telemetry data is public.
You should be able to find it from here:
https://telemetry.mozilla.org/

In this case, the use counter is MathML_DeprecatedMfencedElement and it
doesn't show up in the relevant page:
https://georgf.github.io/usecounters/#kind=page&group=DEPRECATED&channel=beta&version=72
which I'm reading as "never occurred even once".
I'm not very familiar with our telemetry though so I could be wrong...

/Mats
0
Mats
12/18/2019 9:28:25 PM
El mi=C3=A9rcoles, 18 de diciembre de 2019, 0:39:30 (UTC+1), Mats Palmgren =
 escribi=C3=B3:
> In bug 1603773 I intend to ship 'mathml.mfenced_element.disabled' set to
> true in all builds.  This pref is already set to true in Nightly builds
> for ~2 months (added in bug 1587577), so my change just makes it ride
> the trains.  The intention is to remove the preffed-off code eventually.
>=20
> The reason we're removing support for this MathML element is that it was
> removed from the spec.  See bug 1587577 for details.
>=20
>=20
> /Mats

0
arturoescobarlashera
12/19/2019 9:29:29 PM
El mi=C3=A9rcoles, 18 de diciembre de 2019, 0:39:30 (UTC+1), Mats Palmgren =
 escribi=C3=B3:
> In bug 1603773 I intend to ship 'mathml.mfenced_element.disabled' set to
> true in all builds.  This pref is already set to true in Nightly builds
> for ~2 months (added in bug 1587577), so my change just makes it ride
> the trains.  The intention is to remove the preffed-off code eventually.
>=20
> The reason we're removing support for this MathML element is that it was
> removed from the spec.  See bug 1587577 for details.
>=20
>=20
> /Mats

0