Disable this Thursday Windows 7 and Windows XP on Rev3 machines

(posting to dev.platform and dev.tree-management)

Hello all,
We have been running unit tests and talos jobs on the iX hardware for a
while side by side with the Rev3 minis.

We have disabled the Rev3 minis jobs for few days in on our main tbpl
pages and we have not missed them AFAIK.

We have some known intermittent oranges but nothing that has been shown
as a show-stopper.

Unless I hear any strong objections we will be stop running jobs on the
rev3 minis for FF23 (m-a) && FF24 (m-c) based projects.

best regards,
Armen
Mozilla's Release Engineering
0
Armen
5/28/2013 5:08:31 PM
mozilla.dev.platform 6645 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

This is live since this morning.
Thank you all that helped make this happen.

http://armenzg.blogspot.com/2013/05/kiss-old-testing-infra-revision-3-mac.html

On 2013-05-28 1:08 PM, Armen Zambrano G. wrote:
> (posting to dev.platform and dev.tree-management)
>
> Hello all,
> We have been running unit tests and talos jobs on the iX hardware for a
> while side by side with the Rev3 minis.
>
> We have disabled the Rev3 minis jobs for few days in on our main tbpl
> pages and we have not missed them AFAIK.
>
> We have some known intermittent oranges but nothing that has been shown
> as a show-stopper.
>
> Unless I hear any strong objections we will be stop running jobs on the
> rev3 minis for FF23 (m-a) && FF24 (m-c) based projects.
>
> best regards,
> Armen
> Mozilla's Release Engineering

0
Armen

Disabling Windows File Protection in Windows 2000 and Windows XP
This short article is intended to clear up confusion about how to disable Windows File Protection. I've seen errant information posted in many places and felt it necessary to sum up the truth of the matter. When Windows File Protection was first introduced in Windows 2000 I found it bothersome. After doing some research on how to disable it I was surprised to learn that Microsoft only provided a mechanism to do so when a kernel debugger is active by setting the SFCDisable registry value to 1 or 2 . The MSDN article describing this is here: http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb...

Problem in Windows XP but not in Windows 7
Hello, I have installed PB 11.5 in a Windows 7. I developed an application that connects to an Oracle database using the O10 controller. I created the executable file and I leave it in a shared folder that other useres in my organization can access. In this folder I copy the content of the c:\program files\sybase\shared\powerbuilder to allow my users run the program. In the program there is a window that has a datawindow which insert files in the database. In clients with windows 7 works fine, but in clients with windows XP when I run the command dw_1.update() I get a...

How To Replace Windows XP With Windows 7
Many Windows XP users have decided to skip the Windows Vista operating system due to countless problems reported in the early days of its release. Especially performance related issues where the main culprit why many Windows XP users decided to wait for Vista's successor instead. The release of Windows 7 is not that far away anymore. Microsoft did already make announcements regarding the possible upgrade opportunities. In short; Windows XP users will be able to buy an upgrade edition of Windows 7 but will not be able to upgrade the operating system itself to Windows 7. They ...

Windows Script 5.7 for Windows XP
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=47809025-D896-482E-A0D6-524E7E844D81&displaylang=en -- Sired, Squired, Hired, RETIRED. Retired wrote: > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=47809025-D896-482E-A0D6-524E7E844D81&displaylang=en > From the release notes: Why Version 5.7? The primary reason for changing the version number from 5.6 to 5.7 is to simplify servicing and support by synchronizing the versioning to a consistent scheme based on Vista build number. The minor version increase does not indicate significant new f...

Dual Booting Open SUSE 11.2 and Windows 7, Windows 7 not loading (Windows 7 installed first)
Hi everybody i know there may be many threads on this topic but I have researched and still cant seem to get Windows 7 working when the GRUB menu appears but Open SUSE 11.2 works fine.. This is the first time installing Open SUSE 11.2. I created two partitions (swap and Suse 11.2) in Windows 7 before installing Open SUSE 11.2. Open SUSE 11.2 automatically created an extra two partitions (one was swap and the other i guess is where SUSE was installed?), i should have gone into expert mode and left my original partitions but i decided to let SUSE do it and i deleted the partitions i...

URL Handling Vulnerability in Windows XP and Windows Server,2003 with Windows Internet Explorer 7 Could Allow Remote Code Execution
Boy, that's a long subject line - but it's the title of Microsoft's KB article: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/advisory/943521.mspx -- Microsoft details (a bit) its changes to URL, more correctly URI, handling in IE 7 on WinXP and Windows 2003. The problem is that IE 7 code "tries to fix up" malformed URIs, then passes the fixed-up URI to the ShellExecute procedure (on XP and Win2003). http://blogs.technet.com/msrc/archive/2007/10/10/msrc-blog-additional-details-and-background-on-security-advisory-943521.aspx OR http://tinyurl.com/yoadp8 ...

setting up a network between Windows XP, Windows 7 opensuse
Hi I need some advise about setting up a wireless network, never had to do this before. My partner has just purchased a fancy laptop, which will have windows7. I have a desktop with two hard drives one with Opensuse 11.2 64 bits, the other with Windows XP. At present my box is connect directly via cable to the netgear DG834Gv2 router, that comes with me ISP.. May questions are; - can i have my box cabled to the router at the same time as using the router to connect the laptop by wireless? - Does Suse have a program for setting up such networks? I have the feeling this could be a ...

Security Permissions for Printer on Windows XP and Windows 7
Hello, We are a big company with a lot of Iprint Netware servers at every location. We are at the testing phase where we will be creating the new OES Iprint server for every location running on SUSE LINUX. I am almost done with the Iprint configuration at every location. When I install the driver from IPP page of the server, installation goes great for Win 7 64 bit but when I go to Devices and Printers - Properties of the Printer - Security Tab. I see Everyone, Creator Owner, Administrators and Power users user group can Print, Manage Printer, Manager Documents so in short all of ...

Novell Client on Windows XP Mode in Windows 7 not working
Anyone tried the Windows XP Mode of Windows 7 ? I tried it. Installed Novell Client 4.91sp5 in the XP Mode (actually a virtual XP). When browsing any NSS volume on our servers (Netware 6.5 SP6) I get errors : 'The specified network name is no longer available'. This happens randomly. Anyone an idea how to solve this ? -- FBijl ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Actually, I tried it to and found both the error and the solution, Can't name the exact name/how-to,, but close enough, In the settings for the XP session unde...

Cannot Upload Windows 7 IPP Print Drivers from Windows XP
We are in the process of migrating from Windows XP to Windows 7. In preparation we are attempting to upload all of the correct Windows 7 print drivers into IPP. The problem we are having is that within the IPP Manage Driver Store task, under the Drivers Tab we can add print drivers for Windows XP from �Add From File� or �Add From System� just fine � but when I select Windows 7 from the Driver�s Platform drop down and then click �Add From File� or �Add From System� I get the following error: �A driver can only be added to the same operating system that is currently running on t...

Install Delphi 2010 Ent in Windows XP or Windows 7
What operating system would you recommend installing and using Delphi 2010 Enterprise in? Windows XP or Windows 7 32 bit or 64 bit. And why? Thanks Greg Saunders wrote: > What operating system would you recommend installing and using Delphi > 2010 Enterprise in? > > Windows XP or Windows 7 Windows 7. > > 32 bit or 64 bit. 32 bit. > > And why? Windows 7 is a lot supperior and more stable than windows XP, also it recognizes more than 3 GB of RAM. Delphi 2010 supports Windows 7 Libraries, you can take advantage of this in yo...

Windows XP To Windows 7 A Risky Path, Microsoft Warns
Businesses that skip Windows Vista and upgrade their computers directly from the XP operating system to Windows 7 could expose themselves to security risks and other problems, Microsoft says in a new white paper. Bypassing Vista could have "implications for security, support, and regulatory compliance and reduce flexibility in the face of changing business requirements," writes Microsoft VP Mike Nash, in the paper. Specifically, Nash says that businesses that wait for Windows 7 -- set for release in late 2009 or early 2010 -- to upgrade from XP could find themselv...

Proposal Round 2: Drop active support of Windows 2000, Windows XP (no service pack) and Windows XP SP1
See the previous thread for the story so far: http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.dev.planning/browse_thread/thread/67ddcaa5c897a58b# What seems to be a reasonable step is to declare that Windows XP SP2 is the lowest supported version of Windows. Older versions will not be blocked from working based on current plans, but are considered unsupported. What Unsupported Means: * No tinderbox coverage * No QA coverage * No unit test or talos performance coverage * Bugs only affecting these platforms will not be considered as blocking any release 1.9.2 or later. ** We wil...

HTML Mason
I want to install mason on my xp pro laptop as a development machine. I am using activestates perl 5.8 All I can find for 5.8 is mod_perl 2 for apache 2 which I have read is still in development and mason is not supported on apache 2 or with mod_perl 2. How should I install? I have tried to use apache 1.3 and mod_perl but the only versions of mod_perl that I can find via ppm are for perl 5.6 and will not install. After getting Oriely's mason book and doing much research on the that I came to the conclusion that mason was the way to go over .NET, asp, php, and normal C...

Web resources about - Disable this Thursday Windows 7 and Windows XP on Rev3 machines - mozilla.dev.platform

Thursday (band) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... albums, their most recent being No Devolución , which was released in April 2011 on Epitaph Records . Every year during their tenure, Thursday ...

Social Media Marketing Boot Camp Starts Thursday
... your business, make sure you check out Mediabistro’s Social Media Marketing Boot Camp online conference and workshop, starting tomorrow, Thursday, ...

GLEE TO PREMIERE THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 26
(9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. No further details are available at this time. Monteith played loveable FINN HUDSON, the star quarterback of McKinley ...

Join the Facebook Marketing Bible for a Google+ Hangout on Air Thursday, 3/28
On Thursday, 3/28, the Facebook Marketing Bible will be hosting two Google+ Hangouts on Air to discuss some of the newest developments in Facebook ...

Thursday nights with @ShondalandTV happen on Twitter
Some of the biggest stars on TV also happen to be the brightest lights on Twitter. That’s because each Thursday this fall, the casts of @ShondalandTV ...

Scripting News: Ten-year Berkman Thursday reunion meetup on April 25.
It's been 10 years since the Berkman-Thursday group started, and with it, blogging at Harvard. It all happened at the same time Facebook was ...

Memories - Instant Photo Scanner for Throwback Thursday on the App Store on iTunes
Get Memories - Instant Photo Scanner for Throwback Thursday on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Tony Horton and Team Chevy member Matt Defiore take a second to arm wrestle at Thursday night's workout ...

National Capital Plan changes to be signed off on Thursday
Changes from the first comprehensive review of the National Capital Plan since 1991 move a step closer to being adopted on Thursday, and look set to ...

Scoreboard: Thursday, Dec. 10
25-54 demographic (Live +SD) Total day: FNC: 325 - CNN: 166 - MSNBC: 117 - HLN: 75 Primetime: FNC: 518 - CNN: 206 - MSNBC: 175 - HLN: 79 4p: ...