Core : Spell checker ownership

Hey all,

Somewhere along the way I managed to gain triage ownership of Core:Spell ch=
ecker. Thing is I've never worked with this code or non-english locale issu=
es which show up. A number of bugs also seem to be tied to DOM related issu=
es related to inline spell checking. Is there someone out there interested =
in taking ownership of this component who can better service the triage wor=
k than I? The bug volume is pretty low.

Regards,
Jim
0
Jim
4/11/2019 7:26:07 PM
mozilla.dev.platform 6513 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Hi, Jim,

Makoto-san and I sometimes work on spellchecker if there are some urgent
bugs because of editor maintainers.  However, at least I don't have much
time to work on it aggressively, and honestly, I'm not so familiar with
the detail of the implementation. Additionally, we do not speak Western
languages or something which spellchecker is useful for as main
language. Therefore, I think that we're not good people working on that.
E.g., regression of spellchecker may not be realized by our tests, it's
difficult to consider which behavior is better for each issue.

So, I'd be happy if you or somebody would pick it up (I mean, not only
triage ownership).

(Although Makoto-san might want to pick it up.)

Of course, we'll work on some part of spell checker under `editor/` for
improving performance and security of editor though.

On 2019/04/12 4:26, Jim Mathies wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> Somewhere along the way I managed to gain triage ownership of Core:Spell checker. Thing is I've never worked with this code or non-english locale issues which show up. A number of bugs also seem to be tied to DOM related issues related to inline spell checking. Is there someone out there interested in taking ownership of this component who can better service the triage work than I? The bug volume is pretty low.
>
> Regards,
> Jim

Masayuki Nakano <masayuki@d-toybox.com>
Software Engineer, Mozilla
0
Masayuki
4/12/2019 1:31:56 AM
Several spellchecker issues are related to editor and input, so I sometimes
look spellchecker issue since it is related to editor.

But I am already triage owner of some components (editor, i18n and
GeckoView's input), so I hope that anyone takes ownership of spellchecker
for triage/module.  If no one handles it, I can handle triage process as
temporary due to low volume until new owner is found.

-- Makoto

On Fri, Apr 12, 2019 at 10:32 AM Masayuki Nakano <masayuki@d-toybox.com>
wrote:

> Hi, Jim,
>
> Makoto-san and I sometimes work on spellchecker if there are some urgent
> bugs because of editor maintainers.  However, at least I don't have much
> time to work on it aggressively, and honestly, I'm not so familiar with
> the detail of the implementation. Additionally, we do not speak Western
> languages or something which spellchecker is useful for as main
> language. Therefore, I think that we're not good people working on that.
> E.g., regression of spellchecker may not be realized by our tests, it's
> difficult to consider which behavior is better for each issue.
>
> So, I'd be happy if you or somebody would pick it up (I mean, not only
> triage ownership).
>
> (Although Makoto-san might want to pick it up.)
>
> Of course, we'll work on some part of spell checker under `editor/` for
> improving performance and security of editor though.
>
> On 2019/04/12 4:26, Jim Mathies wrote:
> > Hey all,
> >
> > Somewhere along the way I managed to gain triage ownership of Core:Spell
> checker. Thing is I've never worked with this code or non-english locale
> issues which show up. A number of bugs also seem to be tied to DOM related
> issues related to inline spell checking. Is there someone out there
> interested in taking ownership of this component who can better service the
> triage work than I? The bug volume is pretty low.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Jim
> >

> --
> Masayuki Nakano <masayuki@d-toybox.com>
> Software Engineer, Mozilla

0
Makoto
4/12/2019 8:04:27 AM
On 12/04/2019 10:04, Makoto Kato wrote:
> But I am already triage owner of some components (editor, i18n and
> GeckoView's input), so I hope that anyone takes ownership of spellchecker
> for triage/module.  If no one handles it, I can handle triage process as
> temporary due to low volume until new owner is found.
>
> -- Makoto

Thanks! And thanks for all the spellchecker fixes you've provided.

J�rg.

0
UTF