|mach mochitest-remote| and |mach mochitest-b2g-desktop| replaced by |mach mochitest-plain|

Bug 1046992 (just landed on inbound) removes the `mochitest-remote` and
`mochitest-b2g-desktop` mach commands.

Instead, simply run |mach mochitest-plain| like you would on desktop.
The `mochitest-plain` command will detect what platform you have built
and do the right thing.

In the near future, I'll also be removing all of the suite specific (e.g
|mach mochitest-chrome|) commands. The |mach mochitest| command will be
the single entry point into the harness, no matter what flavor or
platform you are using.

On a related note, |mach mochitest-chrome| is also now available if you
have a B2G emulator build (thanks gbrown!).

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns,
Andrew
0
Andrew
4/9/2015 2:24:39 PM
mozilla.dev.platform 6647 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

> On 9 Apr 2015, at 15:24, Andrew Halberstadt <ahalberstadt@mozilla.com> =
wrote:
>=20
> Bug 1046992 (just landed on inbound) removes the `mochitest-remote` =
and `mochitest-b2g-desktop` mach commands.
>=20
> Instead, simply run |mach mochitest-plain| like you would on desktop. =
The `mochitest-plain` command will detect what platform you have built =
and do the right thing.

Cool. I=E2=80=99ve updated the commands listed in these articles:

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mochitest
=
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Firefox_OS/Automated_testing/Mochitest=

and included notes to say what the older commands used to be, just in =
case anyone ever wants to run commands on an older build.

>=20
> In the near future, I'll also be removing all of the suite specific =
(e.g |mach mochitest-chrome|) commands. The |mach mochitest| command =
will be the single entry point into the harness, no matter what flavor =
or platform you are using.
>=20
> On a related note, |mach mochitest-chrome| is also now available if =
you have a B2G emulator build (thanks gbrown!).
>=20

This stuff is covered here:

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Chrome_tests

But I=E2=80=99ve left it alone for now.

> Let me know if you have any questions or concerns,
> Andrew

Chris