Shiretoko (Firefox 3.1) being renamed to Firefox 3.5

In this week's delivery meeting, in a previous thread here, and on
devnews, we announced a proposal to renumber Shiretoko (aka "Firefox
3.1") to Firefox 3.5, before beta 4 is released.  As was expected, no
show-stopping problems with that proposal have surfaced, so we will be
proceeding with it as the plan of record.

Sam Sidler will be coordinating the required changes across the
various arms of our project, so please look for posts from him with
updates on the progress of the transition.

Thanks to everyone for their feedback, and their help with this renumbering!

Mike
0
Mike
3/6/2009 5:25:03 PM
mozilla.dev.planning 5622 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Shiretoko (Firefox 3.1) being renamed to Firefox 3.5 #2
In this week's delivery meeting, in a previous thread here, and on devnews, we announced a proposal to renumber Shiretoko (aka "Firefox 3.1") to Firefox 3.5, before beta 4 is released. As was expected, no show-stopping problems with that proposal have surfaced, so we will be proceeding with it as the plan of record. Sam Sidler will be coordinating the required changes across the various arms of our project, so please look for posts from him with updates on the progress of the transition. Thanks to everyone for their feedback, and their help with this renumbering! ...

Firefox 3.5.3 and Firefox 3.5.2
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.5.3 and Firefox 3.5.2 Comments: https://signin.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?SignIn Page Filled with the following everytime I go from eharmony to ebay: (1)*el_rrtaa15'rT_rrdiv16~m*(74)*44'340~m*(208)*42'338~m*(153)*39'334~m*(306)*39'334~mt*(113)*el_rr@lst'rT_rrdiv15~mo*(0)*el_rrdiv15'rT_rrtaa15~m*(40)*72'340~mt*(16)*el_rr@lst'rT_rrdiv16~mo*(1)*el_rrdiv16'rT_rrdiv15~m*(138)*114'359~mt*(24)*el_rr@lst'rT_rrdiv17~mo*(1)*el_rrdiv17'rT_rrdiv16~mt*(25)*el_rr@lst'rT_rrtd21~mo*(48)*el_rrdiv19'...

Firefox 3.1 becoming Firefox 3.5
As was discussed at the delivery meeting yesterday, we're proposing to change the version number of Shiretoko from 3.1 to 3.5. The increase in scope represented by TraceMonkey and Private Browsing, plus the sheer volume of work that's gone into everything from video and layout to places and the plugin service make it a larger increment than we believe is reasonable to label ".1". 3.5 will help set expectations better about the amount of awesome that's packed into Shiretoko, and we expect uptake help from that as well. It's important to note that 3.5 repre...

Firefox 3.5 vs. Firefox 3.1
Dear Mozilla team, I have got just one question: I have seen that you talk [1] about version 3.1 of Firefox and the successing version 4.0, what about your plans to call the successor of Version 3.0 Firefox 3.5 as it was described on the figure [2] (from the roadmap wiki page: [3]) you have planned the version 3.5 to be based on Gecko 1.9.1.x Have you already decided how to call this version 3.1 or 3.5, I hope you also want to avoid the version number chaos like with the versions 1.1 1.4 1.5 ... I think it will be better to use the number 3.5 instead of 3.1 if it will be necessary t...

Not able to access Yahoo E-mail with Firefox-3.5 or Firefox-3.5.1
Name: Steven DuChene Email: tevendatyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Not able to access Yahoo E-mail with Firefox-3.5 or Firefox-3.5.1 Comments: I am running Firefox-3.5 on Fedora9 x86_64 and I am not able to access my Yahoo E-mail. If I access the same Yahoo E-mail page from another Linux system running Firefox-3.0.4 it works fine. I can login but when I get to the point where I click on the link to take me to my Inbox the cursor spins for a while but ultimately it does not take me into my Inbox. If I then click on the link for the Inbox a second time nothing at all ...

Problems downloading 3.5.3. through Firefox 3.5.1.
Name: Stephanie C. Email: thexxxchangeataoldotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Problems downloading 3.5.3. through Firefox 3.5.1. Comments: It keeps getting stuck on "scanning for viruses", even when I disable Norton. I had to download through IE(go figure!) to avoid this because it happened 3 times! I just thought you should know. Thanks! Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1.1) Gecko/20090715 Firefox/3.5.1 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response t...

I think Firefox 3.5 slower than firefox 3.1
Name: Quang Product: Firefox Summary: I think Firefox 3.5 slower than firefox 3.1 Comments: I have used version 3.5 ,3.1 and 3.0. I think firefox 3.1 is very good, it can display some website perfectly, better than firefox 3.0. In some sites, Firefox 3.0 can't display corectly. When I use scrollbar it make the site reloaded and I can't view the site. You can consider some sites , such as :http://sis.hut.edu.vn/RequestScoreBoard_BeforeLogin.aspx. In contrast to, firefox 3.1 can display these sites with no problem. I have update firefox 3.1 to version 3.5 beta 4 recentl...

Firefox 3.1 extensions are incompatibile with Firefox 3.5 RC
Name: Philip Gust Email: gustatacmdotorg Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.1 extensions are incompatibile with Firefox 3.5 RC Comments: The following extensions that worked with Firefox 3.1 are incompatible with Firefox 3.5: Norton IPS 1.0 Norton Toolbar 3.5 RealPlayer Browser Record Plugin 1.0 Testing compatibility requires testing these extensions prior to release. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1) Gecko/20090616 Firefox/3.5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response...

Firefox 3.0.5 and Firefox 3.1 beta2 conflict
Name: Art Email: not-secureataoldotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.0.5 and Firefox 3.1 beta2 conflict Comments: I have both installed in separate folders with separate shortcuts. Yet attempts to open both usually for comparison usually result in two copies of one or the other. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.5) Gecko/2008120122 Firefox/3.0.5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender fo...

Firefox 3.5.1 or 3.5.0.1 etc,
Name: tom Email: tom_lawrence99athotmaildotcodotuk Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.5.1 or 3.5.0.1 etc, Comments: When Is There going to be a 3.5 update? 3.5 is very good but still alot a crashes and slowdowns Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1) Gecko/20090624 Firefox/3.5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Firefox 3.5 not Compatible with ThinkVantage 3.01 and computer crash during installation of Firefox 3.5
Name: Laura Henderson Email: ILauraHendersonatGMaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.5 not Compatible with ThinkVantage 3.01 and computer crash during installation of Firefox 3.5 Comments: I updated my Lenovo T61 Laptop with Firefox 3.5. During the process my computer crashed. When I then restarted the computer (for the crash and for the completion of my update, I received a window that stated that: "The following add-ons are not compatible with Firefox and have been disabled: ThinkVantage Password Manager 3.5. While I do not know if the crash that occurre...

Firefox 3.5.6 and Firefox 3.5.7
Name: Herbert Kuipers Email: herbertdotkuipersatt-onlinedotde Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.5.6 and Firefox 3.5.7 Comments: Hello people, I have been a tall fan of the Firefox for years. But you have worked again, that I back on the version Is been for 3.5.5. Although I have reported already twice, it is for you into this one Not succeeded versions 3.5.6 and 3.5.7 that these weaving radio tool bar radio de tool bar works and these again. Perhaps you succeed in the version 3.5.8. And so long I will use the version 3.5.5 so that, furthermore I surf listen to ...

Version beforeMozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.7) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Name: James Kiekow Email: jamesdotkiekowathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Version beforeMozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.7) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) Comments: Dear Excellent Developers, I share a passion for the same in IT and I wanted to mention that I have the previous version of Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.7) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) installed and it was extremely slow surfing the web so I upgraded and my assumption was correct it was the install I believe of th...

Feedback for Firefox 3.5/3.1 Beta 3
Name: Kuldeep Kapade Email: kuldeepkapadeatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Feedback for Firefox 3.5/3.1 Beta 3 Comments: Please improve the default looks of the browser and increase the viewable area like Google Chrome. It is good to see that you are borrowing good points from the Chrome and it will be much better if we can see the handy-ness (appearance-wise) of Chrome in Firefox too. 'Personas' is a great add-on and please increase the view are in it too. It would be also great to see bottom status bar as optional and replace it with a sma...

Web resources about - Shiretoko (Firefox 3.1) being renamed to Firefox 3.5 - mozilla.dev.planning

Google Chrome vs. Shiretoko: No major differences
I've been speed-testing Google Chrome (build 2200) against the second alpha for Firefox 3.1, called Shiretoko. I'll leave the hardcore benchmarks ...

SNAPSHOT: Japan's scenic Shiretoko Peninsula attracting visitors
TOKYO - The scenic Shiretoko Peninsula, a UNESCO World Heritage site in northeastern Hokkaido, Japan, is att...

Firefox 3.1 Alpha "Shiretoko" Released
... used to 3.0, those Mozilla guys have announced 3.1's Alpha release. FTA "Built on the pre-release version of the Gecko 1.9.1 platform, Shiretoko ...

Firefox 3.5 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Mozilla Firefox 3.5 is a version of the Firefox web browser released in June 2009, adding a variety of new features to Firefox. Version 3.5 was ...

Welcome to 123Cruiselines.com! Destinations of Cruise Ship Lines
There are many destinations that cruise ships travel to in the world. The times of the year that cruise ships operate varies with the weather ...

First look: Firefox 3.1 alpha 2 officially released
Mozilla has officially released Firefox 3.1 alpha 2. This version adds support …

Tourism up, common sense down, on Ogasawara islands
OGASAWARA ISLANDSWith its listing as a World Natural Heritage site, the Ogasawara island chain has faced an inevitable surge in touristsand among ...

Google Chrome 2 is 20% faster than Chrome 1 in physical speed tests
Google traded development track 1 of its Chrome Web browser for track 2, making the latter effectively the "stable" edition of the browser, even ...

EU Referendum: Okhotsk Sea
... the ice pack which is created in the north of the Okhotsk Sea and then is blown down the coast of northern Sakhalin before reaching the Shiretoko ...

Firefox - Blackboard
Mozilla Firefox is a free and open source web browser descended from the Mozilla Application Suite and managed by Mozilla Corporation. As of ...