Firefox 2.0.0.4, Firefox & Thunderbird 1.5.0.12 Release Checklist

We are on schedule to release Firefox 2.0.0.4 and Firefox & Thunderbird
1.5.0.12 tomorrow afternoon, Wednesday 5/30 @4pm PDT.

Community feedback on the release candidates has not revealed any
show-stopper problems so far.

These are some of the items remaining to be completed before the
release, based on the information in the release checklist for this
cycle - http://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox:1.5.0.12-2.0.0.4:Release_Checklist

Today:
- mozilla.com website changes - Reed / Jay
- Security Notes - dveditz
- QA sign-off - juanb / Marcia
- Stage the builds and updates - cf (tonight)

Tomorrow:
- Spot check staged downloads and updates - QA
- Push mozilla.com changes and publish security notes - IT / dveditz (4pm)
- Push updates - cf
- Live updates and download testing - QA
- Official announcements - Basil / Paul K.

There has been some discussion regarding the need to revise the release
checklist, and I will appreciate your feedback on the thread Robert
Helmer started with the topic: "Release checklists." For now, the plan
is to go through the items above so we can get this release out tomorrow.

-juanb
0
Juan
5/29/2007 9:07:53 PM
mozilla.dev.planning 5622 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Juan Becerra wrote:
> There has been some discussion regarding the need to revise the release
> checklist, and I will appreciate your feedback on the thread Robert
> Helmer started with the topic: "Release checklists." For now, the plan
> is to go through the items above so we can get this release out tomorrow.

Where is rhelmer's thread?

0
Christopher
5/29/2007 9:11:09 PM
On May 29, 2:11 pm, Christopher Aillon <cail...@redhat.com> wrote:
> Juan Becerra wrote:
> > There has been some discussion regarding the need to revise the release
> > checklist, and I will appreciate your feedback on the thread Robert
> > Helmer started with the topic: "Release checklists." For now, the plan
> > is to go through the items above so we can get this release out tomorrow.
>
> Where is rhelmer's thread?

It was an email thread, I'll start one in .planning (or get someone
else to :) ).

0
Rob

Testday - Friday, May18th: Firefox 1.5.0.12
Hi Mozilla Community Testers!, Please join the Mozilla QA community for Testday on Friday, May 18th, 2007! This week, we will be looking at the Firefox 1.5.0.12 and 2.0.0.4 and Thunderbird 1.5.0.12 Release Candidates The event will run Friday, May 18th, 2007, from 7am - 5pm PDT Please visit http://wiki.mozilla.org/Mozilla_QA_Community:Firefox_2004rc3/15012_Community_Test_Day for all the info regarding the event. Jump into the #testday channel on irc.mozilla.org on Friday to participate. We hope to see you there! Thanks. Carsten Mozilla QA ...

Firefox 1.5.0.9, Firefox 2.0.0.1 and Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 Security & Stability Updates
As part of Mozilla Corporation�s ongoing stability and security update process, Firefox 1.5.0.9, Firefox 2.0.0.1 and Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 are now available for Windows, Mac, and Linux for free download from getfirefox.com (http://www.getfirefox.com) & getthunderbird.com (http://www.getthunderbird.com). We strongly recommend that all Firefox users upgrade to this latest release. This update is available immediately in 41 languages including Spanish, Japanese, Arabic, Hungarian and more. Note: Firefox 1.5.0.x will be maintained with security and stability updates until Apr...

Firefox 1.5.0.9, Firefox 2.0.0.1 and Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 Security & Stability Updates
As part of Mozilla Corporation�s ongoing stability and security update process, Firefox 1.5.0.9, Firefox 2.0.0.1 and Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 are now available for Windows, Mac, and Linux for free download from getfirefox.com (http://www.getfirefox.com) & getthunderbird.com (http://www.getthunderbird.com). We strongly recommend that all Firefox users upgrade to this latest release. This update is available immediately in 41 languages including Spanish, Japanese, Arabic, Hungarian and more. Note: Firefox 1.5.0.x will be maintained with security and stability updates until Apr...

Firefox/Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 and Firefox 2.0.0.1 release tomorrow (Tuesday 12/19)
We are on track for releasing Firefox/Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 and Firefox 2.0.0.1 tomorrow. The plan is: 1. Push the bits out to the mirrors Monday night 2. Make mozilla.com website changes and downloads live at 10am Tuesday morning 3. Updates will go live between 4 - 5pm Tuesday evening QA will be doing their live spot checks and update testing during that time... and hopefully everyone will start getting their updates as early Christmas presents by tomorrow night. - Jay Jay Patel wrote: > We are on track for releasing Firefox/Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 and Firefox ...

Firefox/Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 and Firefox 2.0.0.1 update... release date pushed out to Tue. 12/19
We have final candidate builds and are wrapping up QA, but will not be able to hit the original release date... the new tentative release date for Firefox/Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 and Firefox 2.0.0.1 is *Tuesday, December 19*. More info about the release can be found at http://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox:1.5.0.9-2.0.0.1:Community Thanks! - Jay Jay Patel napsal: > We have final candidate builds and are wrapping up QA, but will not be > able to hit the original release date... the new tentative release date > for Firefox/Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 and Firefox 2.0.0.1 is *Tue...

Firefox 2.0.0.4 and Firefox 1.5.0.12 Security and Stability Update
As part of Mozilla Corporation=92s ongoing stability and security =20 update process, Firefox 1.5.0.12 and Firefox 2.0.0.4 are now =20 available for Windows, Mac, and Linux for free download from http://=20 getfirefox.com. Due to the security fixes, we strongly recommend that all Firefox =20 users upgrade to these latest releases. Note: We anticipate this to be the last release in the Firefox =20 1.5.0.x series. Mozilla typically maintains support for previous =20 releases for six months after a major release. Mozilla has previously =20= extended the planned end of life for the ...

Firefox & Thunderbird 1.5.0.12rc1, Firefox 2.0.0.4rc1 builds available
Release candidate builds (rc1) for Firefox/Thunderbird 1.5.0.12 and Firefox 2.0.0.4 are now available here: http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/nightly/1.5.0.12-candidates/rc1/ http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/thunderbird/nightly/1.5.0.12-candidates/rc1/ http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/nightly/2.0.0.4-candidates/rc1/ Assuming our preliminary testing goes well, we plan on pushing these RC1 builds to our "beta" users next Tuesday 5/8. We will use the time between this "beta" push and final release (Tuesday 5/22) to gather commun...

Firefox & Thunderbird 1.5.0.12rc2, Firefox 2.0.0.4rc2 builds available
Release candidate builds (rc2) for Firefox/Thunderbird 1.5.0.12 and Firefox 2.0.0.4 are now available here: http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/nightly/1.5.0.12-candidates/rc2/ http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/thunderbird/nightly/1.5.0.12-candidates/rc2/ http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/nightly/2.0.0.4-candidates/rc2/ L10n builds for Firefox & Thunderbird 2.0.0.4/1.5.0.12 and en-US Thunderbird 1.5.0.12 builds are in progress but will be available later today. Last week we discovered a problem with RC1 builds that forced us to do a re-spin (...

Firefox 2.0.0.4 & 1.5.0.12 Updates for Beta Users
We are planning on pushing updates to users in the "beta" channel on Wednesday (5/23) afternoon (PDT). These users will get updated to the latest release candidate for their branch, either Firefox 2.0.0.4rc3 or Firefox 1.5.0.12rc2. We will be monitoring user feedback in the next few days, and if it doesn't uncover any show-stopper issues we will release official builds to all our users next week, Wednesday (5/30). Several new forums for submitting and discussing feedback around release candidates have been created. You can read the feedback and participate in one o...

Firefox 2.0.0.4 and Thunderbird 2.0.0.4
Name: Steven C. Stacy Email: bigmosteve_57atwildbluedotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 2.0.0.4 and Thunderbird 2.0.0.4 Comments: I have been a programmer for 30 years. I just upgraded to the versions on Firefox and Thunderbird listed in the subject line. I think these versions are very buggy. Firefox's password manager doesn't work and even with the link "http://hendrix.mozilla.org" work around link to "force autocomplete=off doesn't do the trick. Thunderbird can get my e-mail but keeps asking for one on the accounts password. When I ca...

firefox & thunderbird 2.0.0.4 release (30.5.2007)?
Hi, are there any new dates for the release of firefox & thunderbird 2.0.0.4? I don't think it is today. Or? Thanks in advance. Hi, Spiderman napsal(a): > are there any new dates for the release of firefox & thunderbird > 2.0.0.4? I don't think it is today. Or? Thanks in advance. http://developer.mozilla.org/devnews/index.php/2007/05/29/firefox-15012-firefox-2004-to-be-available-soon/ So today but no Europe time. Regards, Pavel Cvrcek (JasnaPaka on IRC) Pavel Cvrcek wrote on 30.05.2007 14:40: > http://developer.mozilla.org/devnews/index.php/2...

Major Software Updates for Beta Users, Firefox 1.5.0.12 to 2.0.0.4
We are planning on pushing major updates to beta users on Thursday (6/7) afternoon (PDT). Firefox 1.5.0.12 users in the "beta" channel will be offered a major update to Firefox 2.0.0.4. The final release has been scheduled for 6/19 (Tue) or 6/21 (Thu) due to concerns about mirror load and any traffic spikes in AMO, for which IT has to prepare. Testing results for basic functionality, extended tests, and null updates (for partner updates) were tracked here: http://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox:1.5.0.x:Major_Update_1.5.0.x_to_2.0.0.x:Test_Results We will continue to tes...

Firefox 2.0.0.2 and Firefox 1.5.0.10 Security and Stability Update
As part of Mozilla Corporation=92s ongoing stability and security =20 update process, Firefox 1.5.0.10 and Firefox 2.0.0.2 are now available for Windows, =20 Mac, and Linux for free download from getfirefox.com (http://www.getfirefox.com). Due to the security fixes, we strongly recommend that all Firefox =20 users upgrade to these latest releases. Note: Firefox 1.5.0.x will be maintained with security and stability =20 updates until April 24, 2007. All users are encouraged to upgrade to Firefox 2 (http://www.getfirefox.com). Firefox 1.5.0.10 is available for =20 download from ...

Firefox 2.0.0.2 and Firefox 1.5.0.10 Security and Stability Update
As part of Mozilla Corporation=92s ongoing stability and security =20 update process, Firefox 1.5.0.10 and Firefox 2.0.0.2 are now available for Windows, =20 Mac, and Linux for free download from getfirefox.com (http://www.getfirefox.com). Due to the security fixes, we strongly recommend that all Firefox =20 users upgrade to these latest releases. Note: Firefox 1.5.0.x will be maintained with security and stability =20 updates until April 24, 2007. All users are encouraged to upgrade to Firefox 2 (http://www.getfirefox.com). Firefox 1.5.0.10 is available for =20 download from ...

Web resources about - Firefox 2.0.0.4, Firefox & Thunderbird 1.5.0.12 Release Checklist - mozilla.dev.planning

Mozilla Thunderbird
Mozilla Thunderbird is created by a global non-profit dedicated to putting individuals in control and shaping the future of the web for the public ...

Thunderbirds Are Go - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Thunderbirds Are Go is a 1966 British science-fiction film based on Thunderbirds , a 1960s television series starring marionette puppets and ...

Edit - Thunderbird - CrunchBase Product Profile
TechCrunch CrunchBase More TechCrunch Europe TechCrunch France TechCrunch Japan Register - Login or Advanced Search Home > Products > Thunderbird ...

F-16C Thunderbirds Formation - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
USAF Thunderbirds at the 2008 Battle Creek Air Show

Thunderbirds Are Go - Introducing The World - YouTube
The world of Thunderbirds Are Go, Tracy Island, miniature sets and craft have been lovingly made by none other than WETA Workshop - the model ...

Thunderbirds are go: First pictures of TV remake
The first images of the upcoming TV reboot of the iconic series Thunderbirds have been released, recasting the iconic puppets from the 1960s ...

Thunderbirds creator Gerry Anderson dies aged 83
... puppet TV shows Captain Scarlet, Stingray and Joe 90 died in his sleep, his son announces. Gerry Anderson, best known as the creator of Thunderbirds ...

Firebirds hold nerve to hold out Thunderbirds
It was another close shave but Queensland Firebirds coach Roselee Jencke was happy for her side to take a second straight win.

Thunderbirds are go, puppets are gone
Human Thunderbirds? What does this mean, writes James Cockington. - The Age Online

Southerners steal last-gasp draw against Thunderbirds
Southern Steel stole a 53-53 draw in the chaotic final seconds of their trans-Tasman netball league clash against Adelaide Thunderbirds.