Firefox 1.5.0.9/2.0.0.1 Update - We Need Help!

We are still triaging bugs, but have made good progress this week.
However, we still have many bugs that need patches and many more that
need to be triaged and either approved for quick fixes or pushed out to
the next release(s).  If we hope to ship before the holidays, we need to
have RC1 build in hand in about a week...

*So let's try to hit our new code freeze date:  Thursday 11/30

If you are a blocker bug owner, please try to get your patches in and
request for approval asap!  We will be granting checkin approval daily,
so be ready to land when given the a= :-)
*
For those interested in where we are currently, here are a few stats
from our bug lists:

_Mozilla 1.8.0 Branch (under control and looking good): _

blocker nominations  - Zarro Boogs found.
approval requests for blockers -  Zarro Boogs found.
approval requests for non-blockers  - 26 bugs found. (A lot marked
fixed1.8.1, just need to figure out if we want them on 1.8.0 branch)

blocking  - 34 bugs found.
needs branch patch  - 26 bugs found. (Need to figure out if we can push
some of these out and focus on getting patches for most critical bugs)
needs landing  - 10 bugs found. (Will be sending out reminder email
today to get folks to checkin)
fixed  - 39 bugs found. (QA to begin verifications this week)
verified  - 7 bugs found.

_Mozilla 1.8.1 Branch (ok, will most likely need to push a lot out to
__1.8.1.2/__2.0.0.2): _
    Firefox 2.0.0.1
       * Blockers  - 77 bugs found. (Need to figure out which need
patches, need to land, or might be fixed already... this list is way too
long...and we will have to push a lot of these out to the next release).*
        Nominations  - 19 bugs found. (Will be done with triage
tomorrow, Wed. 11/22)

1.8.1.1 Approval Requests:
    All 1.8.1.1  - 72 bugs found.
    1.8.1.1 blockers  - 6 bugs found.
    1.8.1.1 Non-Blockers  - 64 bugs found.
0
Jay
11/22/2006 12:42:33 AM
mozilla.dev.planning 5622 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Is there an update to this post?  I'm trying to get a better idea for
when the first 2.x patch will be out, as I have a project whose
deadline is dependent on a bug fix.

Any information would be very useful.  Thanks.

Jay Patel wrote:
> We are still triaging bugs, but have made good progress this week.
> However, we still have many bugs that need patches and many more that
> need to be triaged and either approved for quick fixes or pushed out to
> the next release(s).  If we hope to ship before the holidays, we need to
> have RC1 build in hand in about a week...
>
> *So let's try to hit our new code freeze date:  Thursday 11/30
>
> If you are a blocker bug owner, please try to get your patches in and
> request for approval asap!  We will be granting checkin approval daily,
> so be ready to land when given the a= :-)
> *
> For those interested in where we are currently, here are a few stats
> from our bug lists:
>
> _Mozilla 1.8.0 Branch (under control and looking good): _
>
> blocker nominations  - Zarro Boogs found.
> approval requests for blockers -  Zarro Boogs found.
> approval requests for non-blockers  - 26 bugs found. (A lot marked
> fixed1.8.1, just need to figure out if we want them on 1.8.0 branch)
>
> blocking  - 34 bugs found.
> needs branch patch  - 26 bugs found. (Need to figure out if we can push
> some of these out and focus on getting patches for most critical bugs)
> needs landing  - 10 bugs found. (Will be sending out reminder email
> today to get folks to checkin)
> fixed  - 39 bugs found. (QA to begin verifications this week)
> verified  - 7 bugs found.
>
> _Mozilla 1.8.1 Branch (ok, will most likely need to push a lot out to
> __1.8.1.2/__2.0.0.2): _
>     Firefox 2.0.0.1
>        * Blockers  - 77 bugs found. (Need to figure out which need
> patches, need to land, or might be fixed already... this list is way too
> long...and we will have to push a lot of these out to the next release).*
>         Nominations  - 19 bugs found. (Will be done with triage
> tomorrow, Wed. 11/22)
>
> 1.8.1.1 Approval Requests:
>     All 1.8.1.1  - 72 bugs found.
>     1.8.1.1 blockers  - 6 bugs found.
>     1.8.1.1 Non-Blockers  - 64 bugs found.

0
mbulman

Firefox 1.5.0.9, Firefox 2.0.0.1 and Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 Security & Stability Updates
As part of Mozilla Corporation�s ongoing stability and security update process, Firefox 1.5.0.9, Firefox 2.0.0.1 and Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 are now available for Windows, Mac, and Linux for free download from getfirefox.com (http://www.getfirefox.com) & getthunderbird.com (http://www.getthunderbird.com). We strongly recommend that all Firefox users upgrade to this latest release. This update is available immediately in 41 languages including Spanish, Japanese, Arabic, Hungarian and more. Note: Firefox 1.5.0.x will be maintained with security and stability updates until Apr...

Firefox 1.5.0.9, Firefox 2.0.0.1 and Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 Security & Stability Updates
As part of Mozilla Corporation�s ongoing stability and security update process, Firefox 1.5.0.9, Firefox 2.0.0.1 and Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 are now available for Windows, Mac, and Linux for free download from getfirefox.com (http://www.getfirefox.com) & getthunderbird.com (http://www.getthunderbird.com). We strongly recommend that all Firefox users upgrade to this latest release. This update is available immediately in 41 languages including Spanish, Japanese, Arabic, Hungarian and more. Note: Firefox 1.5.0.x will be maintained with security and stability updates until Apr...

Updates after 1.5.0.7 (1.5.0.9, 2.0.0.1)can't access the web.
Name: Jay Product: Firefox Summary: Updates after 1.5.0.7 (1.5.0.9, 2.0.0.1)can't access the web. Comments: see summary Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.7) Gecko/20060909 Firefox/1.5.0.7 ...

Firefox/Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 and Firefox 2.0.0.1 update... release date pushed out to Tue. 12/19
We have final candidate builds and are wrapping up QA, but will not be able to hit the original release date... the new tentative release date for Firefox/Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 and Firefox 2.0.0.1 is *Tuesday, December 19*. More info about the release can be found at http://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox:1.5.0.9-2.0.0.1:Community Thanks! - Jay Jay Patel napsal: > We have final candidate builds and are wrapping up QA, but will not be > able to hit the original release date... the new tentative release date > for Firefox/Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 and Firefox 2.0.0.1 is *Tue...

Is it just me or has the Fandango site stopped working with FF (1.5.0.7, 1.5.0.9, 2.0) on eComStation 1.2 ?
Hi all, I've possibly messed up my Firefox installations, but other pages still seem to work OK. Has anyone else had problems recently with http://www.fandango.com ? The home page comes up, and then completely hangs my system, and even if I ctrl-alt-delete and kill Firefox with TOP, I just get a black screen and have to re-boot. It used to work fine. If it's just me, does anyone have any advice for what might be happening or how to go about figuring it out ? Thanks in advance, Karen Roberts On Sat, 3 Mar 2007 19:13:13 UTC, Karen Roberts <kvroberts@comcast.net>...

Firefox/Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 and Firefox 2.0.0.1 release tomorrow (Tuesday 12/19)
We are on track for releasing Firefox/Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 and Firefox 2.0.0.1 tomorrow. The plan is: 1. Push the bits out to the mirrors Monday night 2. Make mozilla.com website changes and downloads live at 10am Tuesday morning 3. Updates will go live between 4 - 5pm Tuesday evening QA will be doing their live spot checks and update testing during that time... and hopefully everyone will start getting their updates as early Christmas presents by tomorrow night. - Jay Jay Patel wrote: > We are on track for releasing Firefox/Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 and Firefox ...

Firefox 1.5.0.9 and 2.0.0.1 McAfee Firewall Problem
I just upgraded to Firefox 1.5.0.9 on one winXP system and 2.0.0.1 on a 2nd system. Both result in McAfee Firewall to display the following message several times, every time firefox accesses a web page. "This application has changed from when you were originally prompted for it. This could be the result of an upgrade in the application, or it could be a malicious application trying to gain network access." Clicking "OK" allows firefox to continue, but McAfee does not "learn", and subsequent web-page accesses produces the above error again. Is ther...

Firefox 2.0.0.2 and Firefox 1.5.0.10 Security and Stability Update
As part of Mozilla Corporation=92s ongoing stability and security =20 update process, Firefox 1.5.0.10 and Firefox 2.0.0.2 are now available for Windows, =20 Mac, and Linux for free download from getfirefox.com (http://www.getfirefox.com). Due to the security fixes, we strongly recommend that all Firefox =20 users upgrade to these latest releases. Note: Firefox 1.5.0.x will be maintained with security and stability =20 updates until April 24, 2007. All users are encouraged to upgrade to Firefox 2 (http://www.getfirefox.com). Firefox 1.5.0.10 is available for =20 download from ...

Firefox 2.0.0.2 and Firefox 1.5.0.10 Security and Stability Update
As part of Mozilla Corporation=92s ongoing stability and security =20 update process, Firefox 1.5.0.10 and Firefox 2.0.0.2 are now available for Windows, =20 Mac, and Linux for free download from getfirefox.com (http://www.getfirefox.com). Due to the security fixes, we strongly recommend that all Firefox =20 users upgrade to these latest releases. Note: Firefox 1.5.0.x will be maintained with security and stability =20 updates until April 24, 2007. All users are encouraged to upgrade to Firefox 2 (http://www.getfirefox.com). Firefox 1.5.0.10 is available for =20 download from ...

Firefox Install Directory Path 1.5.0.8/9 vs 2.0.0.1 and Beyond?
I'm having some trouble with the Firefox 2.0.0.1 Install program's directory path. I had the previous version 1.5.0.8 installed to C:\Program Files\Mozilla\Firefox I attempted to install 2.0.0.1 giving it direction to my previous structure as above but it insisted on tacking on "Mozilla Firefox" to the end of the install path I gave it, leaving with me a mess including: C:\Program Files\Mozilla\Firefox\Mozilla Firefox I've since uninstalled my 2.0.0.1 attempt and tried updating from the Help menu. I now have 1.5.0.9 and the install and directories ...

Online Firefox Update ver. 2.0.0.0 to ver. 2.0.0.1 fails
Name: user - europe Product: Firefox Summary: Online Firefox Update ver. 2.0.0.0 to ver. 2.0.0.1 fails Comments: The online update ver. 2.0.0.0 to ver. 2.0.0.1 indicates that a number of files could not be updated resp. installed, although I folowed your instruction and closed as many running applications as possible. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-GB; rv:1.8.1) Gecko/20061010 Firefox/2.0 ...

Testday - Friday, May18th: Firefox 1.5.0.12
Hi Mozilla Community Testers!, Please join the Mozilla QA community for Testday on Friday, May 18th, 2007! This week, we will be looking at the Firefox 1.5.0.12 and 2.0.0.4 and Thunderbird 1.5.0.12 Release Candidates The event will run Friday, May 18th, 2007, from 7am - 5pm PDT Please visit http://wiki.mozilla.org/Mozilla_QA_Community:Firefox_2004rc3/15012_Community_Test_Day for all the info regarding the event. Jump into the #testday channel on irc.mozilla.org on Friday to participate. We hope to see you there! Thanks. Carsten Mozilla QA ...

2/9: Community Test Day
Please join the Mozilla QA community for testday on friday, February 9, 2007! This week, we will be looking at the next minor release of 1.5.0.10 and 2.0.0.2 Release Candidate 1. More information on 2/9 Test Day can be found at http://wiki.mozilla.org/Mozilla_QA_Community:Firefox_1510_2002_Community_Tes t_Day ...

Not able to install 2.0.0.1
"Error opening file for writing:\r\nfirefox.exe\r\nClick Retry to try again, or\r\nCancel to stop the installation" Retry did not work thus I had to select Cancel. Have Windows XP professional and FF 1.5.0.9 Jussi Jussi wrote: > > "Error opening file for writing:\r\nfirefox.exe\r\nClick Retry to try > again, or\r\nCancel to stop the installation" > > Retry did not work thus I had to select Cancel. > > Have Windows XP professional and FF 1.5.0.9 > > Jussi Most probably that setup file has become corrupted during downlo...

Web resources about - Firefox 1.5.0.9/2.0.0.1 Update - We Need Help! - mozilla.dev.planning

Firefox Affiliates

Firefox OS
The latest news about Firefox OS

Techarger Firefox

Firefox Flicks : Winners

Firefox Beta Launches Social API With Facebook Messenger As Initial Partner
As originally announced earlier this month by Firefox parent Mozilla , the beta test of the Web browser’s Social API launched Monday with Facebook ...