WeTransfer extension for Thunderbird

An upcoming version of Thunderbird will ship with a WeTransfer provider
for Thunderbird's "cloud file" feature, which uploads large attachments
to a website rather than sending them with the message. WeTransfer is a
popular web service and users can send files of up to 2GB using it.

For now, this feature is very simple (five strings!). We've already had
20-something translations added, so thank you to everybody who has
contributed.

https://pontoon.mozilla.org/projects/thunderbird-wetransfer-extension/
0
Geoff
1/7/2019 10:42:27 PM
mozilla.dev.l10n 3866 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

Hello,

Great job, already translated.
Should Firefox Send also be implemented?
https://send.firefox.com/

Best regards,
Mihovil

07.01.2019 u 23:42, Geoff Lankow je napisao/la:
> An upcoming version of Thunderbird will ship with a WeTransfer
> provider for Thunderbird's "cloud file" feature, which uploads large
> attachments to a website rather than sending them with the message.
> WeTransfer is a popular web service and users can send files of up to
> 2GB using it.
>
> For now, this feature is very simple (five strings!). We've already
> had 20-something translations added, so thank you to everybody who has
> contributed.
>
> https://pontoon.mozilla.org/projects/thunderbird-wetransfer-extension/

UTF
1/8/2019 6:06:46 AM
This should be simple to do as an add-on, but given the max lifetime for
send is 24 hours it may not be suitable for use with email. If someone
wants to give it a shot, please do take a look at
https://github.com/mozilla/send/tree/master/app

We have a fresh new WebExtensions-style API in Thunderbird that will
make this very easy to implement.
https://thunderbird-webextensions.readthedocs.io/en/latest/cloudFile.html

Philipp

On 1/8/19 7:06 AM, Mihovil Stanić wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Great job, already translated.
> Should Firefox Send also be implemented?
> https://send.firefox.com/
>
> Best regards,
> Mihovil
>
> 07.01.2019 u 23:42, Geoff Lankow je napisao/la:
>> An upcoming version of Thunderbird will ship with a WeTransfer
>> provider for Thunderbird's "cloud file" feature, which uploads large
>> attachments to a website rather than sending them with the message.
>> WeTransfer is a popular web service and users can send files of up to
>> 2GB using it.
>>
>> For now, this feature is very simple (five strings!). We've already
>> had 20-something translations added, so thank you to everybody who has
>> contributed.
>>
>> https://pontoon.mozilla.org/projects/thunderbird-wetransfer-extension/

Philipp
1/8/2019 7:05:56 AM
Feel free to comment or ask for reopening
https://github.com/mozilla/send/issues/496 . The main concern was that TB
does not support WebExtensions, which has changed now. Maybe the team can
do something to optionally extend the retention time, and the extension can
clearly state the availability of the file in the email then.

--
Michal Stanke

=C3=BAt 8. 1. 2019 8:10 odes=C3=ADlatel Philipp Kewisch <mozilla@kewis.ch> =
napsal:

> This should be simple to do as an add-on, but given the max lifetime for
> send is 24 hours it may not be suitable for use with email. If someone
> wants to give it a shot, please do take a look at
> https://github.com/mozilla/send/tree/master/app
>
> We have a fresh new WebExtensions-style API in Thunderbird that will
> make this very easy to implement.
> https://thunderbird-webextensions.readthedocs.io/en/latest/cloudFile.html
>
> Philipp
>
> On 1/8/19 7:06 AM, Mihovil Stani=C4=87 wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Great job, already translated.
> > Should Firefox Send also be implemented?
> > https://send.firefox.com/
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Mihovil
> >
> > 07.01.2019 u 23:42, Geoff Lankow je napisao/la:
> >> An upcoming version of Thunderbird will ship with a WeTransfer
> >> provider for Thunderbird's "cloud file" feature, which uploads large
> >> attachments to a website rather than sending them with the message.
> >> WeTransfer is a popular web service and users can send files of up to
> >> 2GB using it.
> >>
> >> For now, this feature is very simple (five strings!). We've already
> >> had 20-something translations added, so thank you to everybody who has
> >> contributed.
> >>
> >> https://pontoon.mozilla.org/projects/thunderbird-wetransfer-extension/

Michal
1/8/2019 7:35:01 AM
On Monday, January 7, 2019 at 11:42:39 PM UTC+1, Geoff Lankow wrote:
> An upcoming version of Thunderbird will ship with a WeTransfer provider
> for Thunderbird's "cloud file" feature, which uploads large attachments
> to a website rather than sending them with the message. WeTransfer is a
> popular web service and users can send files of up to 2GB using it.
>
> For now, this feature is very simple (five strings!). We've already had
> 20-something translations added, so thank you to everybody who has
> contributed.
>
> https://pontoon.mozilla.org/projects/thunderbird-wetransfer-extension/

Have translated this into Swedish last week :)
0
droidbittin