Subtitle of "What's New" video on Firefox 13 "What's New" Page

I'd seen lots of subtitle improvements on "What's New" video of Firefox 13 on Amara stayed in the draft status and wait for approve. Is there anybody follow the revision of movie on following change?

Their must be problems that we showing the subtitled on "what's new" page with Amara UI, allowed peoples to improve it directly with Amara, but no mention about that they need to wait for someone's review and approve. We just can't make contributor wondering why the subtitled stay on draft for life long time.

Also is there anyone who watch behind the Amara for subtitle modifing? I'd contact our locale l10n owner, even him don't know the "Mozilla" group and privilege things on Amara. Shouldn't we give the approve privilege to l10n owner and make them concern on the subtitled modify?

r5 on Albanian
http://www.universalsubtitles.org/en/videos/E8uQz89NVFi4/sq/328848/#revisions
r2 on Arabic
http://www.universalsubtitles.org/en/videos/E8uQz89NVFi4/ar/330837/#revisions
r2 on zh-cn
http://www.universalsubtitles.org/en/videos/E8uQz89NVFi4/zh-cn/330854/
r5 on zh-tw
http://www.universalsubtitles.org/en/videos/E8uQz89NVFi4/zh-tw/329081/
r2 on cs
http://www.universalsubtitles.org/en/videos/E8uQz89NVFi4/cs/330826/
r7 on dv
http://www.universalsubtitles.org/en/videos/E8uQz89NVFi4/dv/330990/
r0 on fi
http://www.universalsubtitles.org/en/videos/E8uQz89NVFi4/fi/330820/
r2 on de
http://www.universalsubtitles.org/en/videos/E8uQz89NVFi4/de/329512/
r2 on el
http://www.universalsubtitles.org/en/videos/E8uQz89NVFi4/el/329694/
r4 on he
http://www.universalsubtitles.org/en/videos/E8uQz89NVFi4/he/331054/
r0 on hu
http://www.universalsubtitles.org/en/videos/E8uQz89NVFi4/hu/330821/
r3 on it
http://www.universalsubtitles.org/en/videos/E8uQz89NVFi4/it/329082/
r2 on ko
http://www.universalsubtitles.org/en/videos/E8uQz89NVFi4/ko/331837/
r0 on ky
http://www.universalsubtitles.org/en/videos/E8uQz89NVFi4/ky/332843/

This is only half of the locale. We just have too many Mozillians doing their best job on improve anything l10n of mozilla include the above subtitle, that I'm lacking of time to check each all to the end of locale list.
It's obvious we push the l10n procedure on video subtitle too soon to be done, and world is not ready, again.

--
@ irvinfly: community liaison
moztw.org (http://moztw.org) Mozilla Taiwan community

0
Irvin
6/11/2012 3:43:49 AM
mozilla.dev.l10n 3873 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

A new "personal" page with "what's going on" section ...
Gang, As promised, during the past two days I completely rewrote my personal "Steve" page on the site to make it much more useful and relevant. (And to finally tone-down the Project-X rhetoric and place it into a contemporary context.) Although it is already public, I welcome all comments, feedback, nits, typos alerts, and anything else you care to share. I will be watching closely and will quickly fix anything you discover. http://grc.com/steve.htm Thanks!! -- _________________________________________________________________ Steve Gibson, ...

Deleting "to's" and "from's" on emails
Name: Rae McFarland Email: larryatmacsmachinedotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Deleting "to's" and "from's" on emails Comments: There doesn't seem to be a way to edit and email and then forward it. Some people send something I'd like to forward, but there's a whole page of previous mailing addresses. I'd like to delete them before forwarding. I've tried and the whole email gets deleted. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.16) Gecko/20080702 Firefox/2.0.0.16 From URL: http://hendrix.mozi...

[l10n-web] Firefox 13 "what's new page" and timing of web content
------=_Part_438776_23974598.1338804538370 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi! I've translated the file for ligurian subtitles for this page, but i don't see the possibility to change to ligurian... Is this normal? this is the page: http://www-dev.allizom.org/lij/firefox/13.0/whatsnew/ ------=_Part_438776_23974598.1338804538370 Content-Type: message/rfc822 Message-ID: <20788496.5330481338804465263.JavaMail.root@wmail29> Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2012 12:07:45 +0200 (CEST) From: "alessio.gastaldi@libero.it" <alessio...

Wired's Vista "Do's" Have Some Major "Don'ts"
Wired has an article up about how to speed up Vista. While they have a couple OK tips in there, there are a couple of suggestions that caught my attention as colossally BAD. I tried to edit the wiki page to reflect this, but I was rebuffed by the original author. So much for community contributions. http://www.windows-now.com/blogs/robert/archive/2008/02/27/wireds-vista-dos-have-some-major-donts.aspx -- "Never drive faster than your ANGEL can fly" In grc.techtalk, on Fri, 14 Nov 2008 17:32:04, paradoX wrote: >Wired has an article up about how to speed up Vist...

what's the different from "<page src="">" and "<page codeBehind="">"
what's the different from "<page src="">" and "<page codeBehind="">" Thank YOU how to make session' life longer? Thank You This very question was asked only 5 days ago. Searching the forums would have yielded the answer you require. However, see this thread. Steven BeyRecursion: see Recursion You can set a new value for the Session Timeout in your web.config file. Or, you can do it in a page through this property: Session.Timeout Note that if you choose the second method, the timeout will only be modified on this page,...

What's with "~/" and NOT "~/" ?
In trying to deplay test projects to my provider (GoDaddy) I'm finding a consistent barfness with the form of reference that I read as "in this directory, this file"  or "~/filename.filetype". I am having to consistently strip the "~/" to make it work.Is there a way to strip off this type of reference through a preference? In the past, I've been led to believe that "filename.filetype" when in the same directory was just FINE as that -- no need for this "~/".Hints, direction, etc. welcomed and appreciated in advance ... mahalos .....

Firefox 13 "what's new page" and timing of web content
(I was going to send this to the "world ready" mailing list, but I'm not sure whether that list is still useful) Ref: http://www-dev.allizom.org/en-US/firefox/13.0/whatsnew/ Keep in touch/Keep it moving/Keep it going I could be wrong on this, but localizers will have to struggle to find something that makes sense in this page in their own language (I am...), I thought we agreed on avoiding this kind of structures long time ago. Anyway, my main concern about all this is timing: bug 760456 popped up on Friday late afternoon (together with bug 760511), just four da...

Database containing "What's New" and "Behaviour Changes"
Each individual "What's New" and "Behaviour Change" description should be separately documented, and stored in a simple database together with the release number in which it appeared. This will let people do queries like "show me all the behaviour changes that apply to an upgrade from 5.5.04 to 9.0.1". You could put such a database up on ianywhere.com using web services for the queries :) Breck -- bcarter@risingroad.com Mobile and Distributed Enterprise Database Applications www.risingroad.com I think this is a good idea! --- Kjetil --- ...

"What's new" doesn't tell me what is new
Name: Andreas Karlsson Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: "What's new" doesn't tell me what is new Comments: As a user I expect some information about why Firefox was updated. Was it new features? Was it security patches, or stability patches? http://en-us.www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/3.0.1/whatsnew/ Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:1.9.0.1) Gecko/2008070206 Firefox/3.0.1 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Where can I find "CBO" and it's method's "InitializeObject" etc.
Hello, Anyone knows where in the code, i could find CBO and all it's methods? THX DotNetNuke.Common.Utilities.CBO Or if your looking for the file, try DNNRoot\Components\Shared\CBO.vb Dave...

Here's a headscratcher! "I" and "*"
We have a user, all of a sudden whenever he types in the body of a message from GroupWise (6.5.5), he can't type the letter "I" as in "me myself and I." When he does, what appears instead of an I is either an asterisk (*) or a dash (-). It's the wierdest thing and I can't find anything to even remotely describe this situation. At first I suspected his keyboard but he does not have this issue typing in Word or other applications, just GroupWise. Anyone ever see this? What in the world is going on there? (By the way, it's a really funny situa...

demo video on "What's new" page does not work.
Name: Peter Losee Email: ploseeataoldotcom Product: Firefox Summary: demo video on "What's new" page does not work. Comments: as the subject says Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1.2) Gecko/20090729 Firefox/3.5.2 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

"What's new" page
Name: Gerry Bates Email: gerryatwilford-batesdotcodotuk Product: Firefox Summary: "What's new" page Comments: After I install the latest version of Firefox the "What's new" page keeps appearing. It would be useful if a 'Don't show this page again' tick box was provided. Regards Gerry Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.10) Gecko/20100914 Firefox/3.6.10 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this ...

Should FxOS's "select all" really be docshell's "select all" (which tries to select everything in the document)?
The specs on https://bugzil.la/1023688 (specifically https://bug1023688.bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?id=8548761 which of the two is the one that discusses "select all") don't directly address the issue of containment for non-editable areas. Our implementation, as I trace it, ends up invoking do_selectAll on the docshell which tries to select *everything* editable in the entire page. This came to my attention while looking at https://bugzil.la/1152172 which is an email bug where select all was selecting both the selectable content on the current message rea...

Web resources about - Subtitle of "What's New" video on Firefox 13 "What's New" Page - mozilla.dev.l10n