SeaMonkey 2.2 Release

The SeaMonkey project is proud to present SeaMonkey 2.2: The new major
release of the all-in-one Internet suite is available for download now!
Building on the same Mozilla platform as the newest Firefox release, it
delivers the latest developments in web technologies such as HTML5,
hardware acceleration and improved JavaScript speed.

SeaMonkey 2.2 is available in 21 languages, for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux.

Most notably, this release features for the first time:

     Added support for CSS animations.
     Tuned HTTP idle connection logic for increased performance.
     Improved canvas, JavaScript, memory, and networking performance.
     Improved standards support for HTML5, XHR, MathML, SMIL, and canvas.
     Improved spell checking for some locales.
     WebGL content can no longer load cross-domain textures.
     Background tabs have setTimeout and setInterval clamped to 1000ms
to improve performance.
     Fixed several stability issues.
     Fixed several security issues.
     Fixed several high visibility usability issues from SeaMonkey 2.1.

For a more complete list of major changes in SeaMonkey 2.2, see the
What's New in SeaMonkey 2.2 section of the Release Notes, which also
contain a list of known issues and answers to frequently asked
questions. For a more general overview of the SeaMonkey project (and
screen shots!), visit www.seamonkey-project.org.

Full news article:
http://www.seamonkey-project.org/news#2011-07-07

Downloads for all available platforms and languages:
http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/

Release notes:
http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/seamonkey2.2

System Requirements:
http://www.seamonkey-project.org/doc/2.1/system-requirements [sic]

--
Justin Wood (Callek)
SeaMonkey Council member

Justin Wood (Callek) wrote:

> The SeaMonkey project is proud to present SeaMonkey 2.2: The new major
> release of the all-in-one Internet suite is available for download now!
> Building on the same Mozilla platform as the newest Firefox release, it
> delivers the latest developments in web technologies such as HTML5,
> hardware acceleration and improved JavaScript speed.
>
> SeaMonkey 2.2 is available in 21 languages, for Windows, Mac OS X and
> Linux.

Still no automated download/install?

Help | Check for Updates produces:

There are no updates available.
SeaMonkey will check periodically for updates.
[OK]

Paul B. Gallagher

0
Paul
7/8/2011 3:46:59 AM
On 7/7/2011 11:46 PM, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
> Justin Wood (Callek) wrote:
>
>> The SeaMonkey project is proud to present SeaMonkey 2.2: The new major
>> release of the all-in-one Internet suite is available for download now!
>> Building on the same Mozilla platform as the newest Firefox release, it
>> delivers the latest developments in web technologies such as HTML5,
>> hardware acceleration and improved JavaScript speed.
>>
>> SeaMonkey 2.2 is available in 21 languages, for Windows, Mac OS X and
>> Linux.
>
> Still no automated download/install?
>
> Help | Check for Updates produces:
>
> There are no updates available.
> SeaMonkey will check periodically for updates.
> [OK]

Sorry, no auto update from 2.0.14 [yet]. In fact I am working on this now.

We expect to have it out for beta users within the next few days, and
for all users by about a week or two [max].

The automation side is ready/done for this, now its just the actual
process/translation/testing work that needs doing.

--
~Justin Wood (Callek)
0
Justin Wood (Callek) wrote:
> The SeaMonkey project is proud to present SeaMonkey 2.2: The new major
> release of the all-in-one Internet suite is available for download now!
> Building on the same Mozilla platform as the newest Firefox release, it
> delivers the latest developments in web technologies such as HTML5,
> hardware acceleration and improved JavaScript speed.
>
> SeaMonkey 2.2 is available in 21 languages, for Windows, Mac OS X and
> Linux.
>
> Most notably, this release features for the first time:
>
> Added support for CSS animations.
> Tuned HTTP idle connection logic for increased performance.
> Improved canvas, JavaScript, memory, and networking performance.
> Improved standards support for HTML5, XHR, MathML, SMIL, and canvas.
> Improved spell checking for some locales.
> WebGL content can no longer load cross-domain textures.
> Background tabs have setTimeout and setInterval clamped to 1000ms to
> improve performance.
> Fixed several stability issues.
> Fixed several security issues.
> Fixed several high visibility usability issues from SeaMonkey 2.1.
>
> For a more complete list of major changes in SeaMonkey 2.2, see the
> What's New in SeaMonkey 2.2 section of the Release Notes, which also
> contain a list of known issues and answers to frequently asked
> questions. For a more general overview of the SeaMonkey project (and
> screen shots!), visit www.seamonkey-project.org.
>
> Full news article:
> http://www.seamonkey-project.org/news#2011-07-07
>
> Downloads for all available platforms and languages:
> http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/
>
> Release notes:
> http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/seamonkey2.2
>
> System Requirements:
> http://www.seamonkey-project.org/doc/2.1/system-requirements [sic]

Congratulations to the SM developer team on reaching this milestone.

And now begins the Gamma testing phase, wherein the population of 'real'
users braves the upgrade process and begins to exercise the newly
released version in an everyday environment.
Being of a cowardly disposition, I personally will wait for a couple
of weeks after the automatic upgrade becomes available to make my
decision about installing 2.2
Reading the release features list and the release notes,
I do not see any list of squashed bugs.
There is a list of known problems. i.e. bugs not deemed important
enough, or too difficult, to delay the release of 2.2.

So I suggest expanding the release notes to include such a list
of squashed bugs, and also a set of target dates for the elimination
of the known problems. (So as to achieve a clean and stable version)

Again, CONGRATULATIONS to the developer teams, and encouragement
to keep up your creative efforts.

--
Rostyk
0
Justin Wood (Callek) wrote:
> On 7/7/2011 11:46 PM, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
>> Justin Wood (Callek) wrote:
>>
>>> The SeaMonkey project is proud to present SeaMonkey 2.2: The new major
>>> release of the all-in-one Internet suite is available for download now!
>>> Building on the same Mozilla platform as the newest Firefox release, it
>>> delivers the latest developments in web technologies such as HTML5,
>>> hardware acceleration and improved JavaScript speed.
>>>
>>> SeaMonkey 2.2 is available in 21 languages, for Windows, Mac OS X and
>>> Linux.
>>
>> Still no automated download/install?
>>
>> Help | Check for Updates produces:
>>
>> There are no updates available.
>> SeaMonkey will check periodically for updates.
>> [OK]
>>

> Sorry, no auto update from 2.0.14 [yet]. In fact I am working on this now.
>
> We expect to have it out for beta users within the next few days, and
> for all users by about a week or two [max].
>
> The automation side is ready/done for this, now its just the actual
> process/translation/testing work that needs doing.

Hmmm ... Three days ago you wrote that we should expect 2.3, in 6 or 6.5
weeks. So that means that 2.2 will only be a the current version for
the general users for about a month (6.5-2). That hardly gives us,
users, time to get familiar with any new quirks.
Also, of course, bug reports on 2.2 will easily be shrugged off;
since, after all, 2.3 be the hot focus of all efforts.

--
Rostyk
0
On 7/8/2011 1:45 AM, Rostyslaw Lewyckyj wrote:
> Justin Wood (Callek) wrote:

>>> Still no automated download/install?
>>>
>>> Help | Check for Updates produces:
>>>
>>> There are no updates available.
>>> SeaMonkey will check periodically for updates.
>>> [OK]
>>>

>> Sorry, no auto update from 2.0.14 [yet]. In fact I am working on this
>> now.
>>
>> We expect to have it out for beta users within the next few days, and
>> for all users by about a week or two [max].
>>
>> The automation side is ready/done for this, now its just the actual
>> process/translation/testing work that needs doing.
>>
> Hmmm ... Three days ago you wrote that we should expect 2.3, in 6 or 6.5
> weeks.

correct.

So that means that 2.2 will only be a the current version for
> the general users for about a month (6.5-2).

closer to 2 months, but yea.

That hardly gives us,
> users, time to get familiar with any new quirks.

The "new quirks" will not change anywhere near as much between versions
as they used to. So this point imo, is moot.

> Also, of course, bug reports on 2.2 will easily be shrugged off;

Not true, we will treat bug reports seriously and work to get them fixed
asap. whether that is in "next version" (which will be out 6-6.5 weeks
after the last) or if its in trunk (which that release will be at most
18-18.5 weeks away, so 3 months) and that is a much better turnaround
for non-security bugs than you have ever seen before for us :-).

> since, after all, 2.3 be the hot focus of all efforts.

technically, all *new* efforts right now are for 2.5. Though our next
release is indeed 2.3. We still look to address serious issues on
carefully selected "beta" branch landings.

2.2 is the security/stability release to 2.1; 2.3 will be the same for
2.2, etc.

--
~Justin Wood (Callek)
0
On 7/8/2011 1:18 AM, Rostyslaw Lewyckyj wrote:
> Justin Wood (Callek) wrote:
>> The SeaMonkey project is proud to present SeaMonkey 2.2: The new major
>> release of the all-in-one Internet suite is available for download now!
>> Building on the same Mozilla platform as the newest Firefox release, it
>> delivers the latest developments in web technologies such as HTML5,
>> hardware acceleration and improved JavaScript speed.
>>
>> SeaMonkey 2.2 is available in 21 languages, for Windows, Mac OS X and
>> Linux.
>>
>> Most notably, this release features for the first time:
>>
>> Added support for CSS animations.
>> Tuned HTTP idle connection logic for increased performance.
>> Improved canvas, JavaScript, memory, and networking performance.
>> Improved standards support for HTML5, XHR, MathML, SMIL, and canvas.
>> Improved spell checking for some locales.
>> WebGL content can no longer load cross-domain textures.
>> Background tabs have setTimeout and setInterval clamped to 1000ms to
>> improve performance.
>> Fixed several stability issues.
>> Fixed several security issues.
>> Fixed several high visibility usability issues from SeaMonkey 2.1.
>>
>> For a more complete list of major changes in SeaMonkey 2.2, see the
>> What's New in SeaMonkey 2.2 section of the Release Notes, which also
>> contain a list of known issues and answers to frequently asked
>> questions. For a more general overview of the SeaMonkey project (and
>> screen shots!), visit www.seamonkey-project.org.
>>
>> Full news article:
>> http://www.seamonkey-project.org/news#2011-07-07
>>
>> Downloads for all available platforms and languages:
>> http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/
>>
>> Release notes:
>> http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/seamonkey2.2
>>
>> System Requirements:
>> http://www.seamonkey-project.org/doc/2.1/system-requirements [sic]
>>
> Congratulations to the SM developer team on reaching this milestone.
>
> And now begins the Gamma testing phase, wherein the population of 'real'
> users braves the upgrade process and begins to exercise the newly
> released version in an everyday environment.
> Being of a cowardly disposition, I personally will wait for a couple
> of weeks after the automatic upgrade becomes available to make my
> decision about installing 2.2
> Reading the release features list and the release notes,
> I do not see any list of squashed bugs.
> There is a list of known problems. i.e. bugs not deemed important
> enough, or too difficult, to delay the release of 2.2.
>
> So I suggest expanding the release notes to include such a list
> of squashed bugs, and also a set of target dates for the elimination
> of the known problems. (So as to achieve a clean and stable version)

Already exists: (linked directly from the release notes page)

http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/seamonkey2.2/changes

Note that our 2.2 has VERY FEW seamonkey specific changes over 2.1, as
we were a bit "late" getting on the rapid-release-train, and 2.3 will be
similar. but 2.4 will be the first release where we have had trunk work
since 2.2 so should be closer to the norm in that regard.

You should also see the Firefox/Thunderbird notes for bug changes linked
from there for their corresponding release. (We don't explicitly list
shared-code changes/fixes)

> Again, CONGRATULATIONS to the developer teams, and encouragement
> to keep up your creative efforts.

Thank You.

--
~Justin Wood (Callek)
0

I'm actually still maintaining mail folders (well, "keeping them in
direct access archive mode" would be more precise) with mails from 1997
without having at any time in between the need to actively convert
something.
(Though changing OS in between a few times. Solaris (university), Win9x,
Linux, WinXP, Solaris+Win2k+Vista (at work), Mac OS 10.4 -> 10.6. And HW
(Sparc, i86, UltraSparc, PowerPC, i86 again) too.) It's somehow always
been there...
(Including some predecessors maybe...)

While at the same time tons of things (big and small) have been added
around it...
.... mostly for the good.

Glad your are here...

Best regards
Philipp
0
ISO
7/8/2011 11:57:13 PM
Justin Wood (Callek) wrote:
> The SeaMonkey project is proud to present SeaMonkey 2.2: The new major
> release of the all-in-one Internet suite is available for download now!
> Building on the same Mozilla platform as the newest Firefox release, it
> delivers the latest developments in web technologies such as HTML5,
> hardware acceleration and improved JavaScript speed.
>
> SeaMonkey 2.2 is available in 21 languages, for Windows, Mac OS X and
> Linux.
>
> Most notably, this release features for the first time:
>
> Added support for CSS animations.
> Tuned HTTP idle connection logic for increased performance.
> Improved canvas, JavaScript, memory, and networking performance.
> Improved standards support for HTML5, XHR, MathML, SMIL, and canvas.
> Improved spell checking for some locales.
> WebGL content can no longer load cross-domain textures.
> Background tabs have setTimeout and setInterval clamped to 1000ms to
> improve performance.
> Fixed several stability issues.
> Fixed several security issues.
> Fixed several high visibility usability issues from SeaMonkey 2.1.
>
> For a more complete list of major changes in SeaMonkey 2.2, see the
> What's New in SeaMonkey 2.2 section of the Release Notes, which also
> contain a list of known issues and answers to frequently asked
> questions. For a more general overview of the SeaMonkey project (and
> screen shots!), visit www.seamonkey-project.org.
>
> Full news article:
> http://www.seamonkey-project.org/news#2011-07-07
>
> Downloads for all available platforms and languages:
> http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/
>
> Release notes:
> http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/seamonkey2.2
>
> System Requirements:
> http://www.seamonkey-project.org/doc/2.1/system-requirements [sic]

Installed over 2.1 without a problem. I've already edited my add-ons
install.rdf files to reflect version 3.0.  8-)

--
  JD..
0

0
ThereseReynolds25

SeaMonkey 2.2 #2
I have just re-installed 2.0.14 and it works a treat. Don't mess with wot ain't broke. D. ...

SeaMonkey 2.1 release candidate 2 available for OS/2
Hi, I've uploaded the second release candidate for the upcoming SeaMonkey 2.1. There were no OS/2 specific changes compared to the recently published release candidate 1. However, it should contain a few cross- platform fixes for bugs present in the first one. You can get it from here: http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/seamonkey/releases/2.1rc2/contrib/seamonkey-2.1rc2.en-US.os2.zip BTW (from https://wiki.mozilla.org/SeaMonkey:Release_Process:2.1rc2) "Version Number 'pre' It was pointed out after our mirror push that the version 2.1rc2 reports as is 2.1p...

SeaMonkey 2.2 Beta 2 Release -- Introduces New Features
SeaMonkey 2.2 Beta 2 is available for free download [1] now in 14 languages and makes a list of new functionality available to a wider testing audience for the first time. Please note that this pre-release version is still intended for testers only and might still show some problems in everyday use. As always, we appreciate any feedback you may have and encourage users to help us by filing bugs. This version is built on top of Gecko 5 and features the following new improvements: CSS Animations [2] are now supported. Improved canvas, JavaScript, memory, and networking...

podlators 2.2.2 released
This release fixes a bug in indentation of verbatim paragraphs that contain lines with only whitespace. The URL http://archives.eyrie.org/software/perl/podlators-2.2.2.tar.gz has entered CPAN as file: $CPAN/authors/id/R/RR/RRA/podlators-2.2.2.tar.gz size: 87685 bytes md5: c91079e0409c0911f6df6ae88f42c344 Changes from the previous release: 2009-01-17 Russ Allbery <rra@stanford.edu> * VERSION: podlators 2.2.2 released. * t/man-heading.t: New file testing Pod::Man options for changing the .TH line of the generated man page. * lib/Pod/Text.pm (...

VirtualBox 2.2.2 released
From the VirtualBox mailing list: [quote] Today Sun released VirtualBox 2.2.2, a maintenance release. See the ChangeLog at http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Changelog for a list of changes since VirtualBox 2.2.0. The binaries and the user manual can be downloaded here: http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads Have fun! Frank --x Dr.-Ing. Frank Mehnert Sun Microsystems http://www.sun.com/ [/quote] -- Dutch Dutch wrote: > From the VirtualBox mailing list: > > [quote] > Today Sun released VirtualBox 2.2.2, a maintenance release. See > the...

GNOME 2.2.2 released
The GNOME Project is pleased to announce the immediate availability of the GNOME 2.2.2 Desktop and Developer Platform! The 2.2.x series is devoted to bugfixes, translations, and general polish of our major 2.2 stable release. We strongly recommend upgrading to 2.2.2 in particular, as it contains an amazing amount of improvements since the last release. You'll find plenty of information about GNOME 2.2 in our extensive release notes, linked from the 2.2 start page. You can also check out our gallery of cool screenshots from dedicated GNOME users and testers! http://www.gnomedesktop.com...

SeaMonkey 2.3 Beta 2 Release -- Introduces New Features #2
SeaMonkey 2.3 Beta 2 is available for free download [1] now in 24 languages and makes a list of new functionality available to a wider testing audience for the first time. Please note that this pre-release version is still intended for testers only and might still show some problems in everyday use. As always, we appreciate any feedback you may have and encourage users to help us by filing bugs. This version is built on top of Gecko 6 and features the following new improvements: Added support for the latest draft version of WebSockets with a prefixed API [2] Added ...

SeaMonkey 2.5 Beta 2 Release -- New Features and Fixes #2
The SeaMonkey project is proud to present SeaMonkey 2.6 Beta 1: The new major release of the all-in-one Internet suite is available for download now! Building on the same Mozilla platform as the newest Firefox release, it delivers the latest developments in web technologies. SeaMonkey 2.6 Beta 1 is available in 24 languages, for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux. Most notably, this release series features for the first time: Print Preview is now available in Composer About SeaMonkey (about:) shows the update channel now Editing the Link properties of an image in Com...

SeaMonkey 2 Alpha 2 and L10n
Hi localizers, Unfortunately, we couldn't get our download manager and password manager replacements for SeaMonkey 2 Alpha 2, so we will once again release this alpha without localized builds. Once again, I'd like to offer experimental language packs though, running language packs from comm-central-l10n through my script to stick the en-US files for download and password manager in and get some form of working language packs for testing. We're not expecting string changes in suite/ for the next few days until we will probably cut Alpha 2 , with the possible exce...

SeaMonkey 1.1.18 vs SeaMonkey 2.1 (if/when 2.1 is released)
I will clearly state that I am not a computer whiz...thus, I have a number of concerns regarding SeaMonkey 2.0 installation on my system. I have been reading the many SeaMonkey 2.0 messages on this newsgroup with some concern about my ability to fix the problems that could occur with the installation of 2.0. It seems that the move from 1.1.18 to 2.0 is not happening without a number of glitches along the way. Thus, in light of what I have read, I am wondering if it would wise for me to wait for a future release of SeaMonkey before upgrading my system...I suppose I am hoping tha...

1.5.0.10/2.0.0.2 release update... respinning for 2.0.0.2 rc5, new target release date Tue. 2/27
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------050707070507020409050603 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit A new blocker was discovered recently what will require a respin for Firefox 2.0.0.2: Bug 370521 <https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=370521> -- TextArea not firing onchange event (edit <javascript:toggleField('summary');>) was caused by the checkin for: Bug 357684 <https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=357684> -- onchange on ...

SeaMonkey 2.1 Alpha 2 Released
SeaMonkey 2.1 Alpha 2, the second preview milestone on the way to the future of Mozilla's SeaMonkey Internet suite, is now available for free download. Please note that this pre-release version is still intended for developers and testers only. As always, we appreciate any feedback you may have and encourage users to help us by filing bugs. The new improvements of this developer preview compared to the last one include: - New add-ons manager. - WebM video support.< - Customizable toolbar elements now include Search, Folder Location and Mail Views on the messaging as ...

SeaMonkey 2.1 Release Candidate 2
SeaMonkey 2.1 Release Candidate 2 is now available for free download [1] on the SeaMonkey website. We encourage testers to get involved [2] in discussing and reporting problems as well as further improving the product. SeaMonkey 2.1 RC 2 includes a total of 21 languages, including en-US and brings our backend up to date with the latest Gecko (Firefox) releases. (Two new languages over what was in 2.1 RC 1, namely en-GB and tr) We have a targeted Release Date of June 10, 2011. This release candidate fixes the issue of our default themes being marked incompatible on first laun...

L10n and SeaMonkey 2 Alpha 1 #2
Hi I'm not sure if it there the right place to post, can you redirect me so please. in french translation for mail account preference There is something wrong in the am-server.xul line 330 with: <checkbox hidefor="pop3,nntp,movemail" wsm_persist="true" id="imap.cleanupInboxOnExit" label="&expungeOnExit.label;" accesskey="&expungeOnExit.accesskey;" prefattribute="value" prefstring="mail.server.%serverkey%.cleanup_inbox_on_exit&...

Web resources about - SeaMonkey 2.2 Release - mozilla.dev.l10n

The Hawaiian Seamonkey
Diving, eating, gardening, loving the Big Island of Hawaii

The SeaMonkey® Project
The SeaMonkey project is a community effort to develop the SeaMonkeyall-in-one internet application suite (see below).Such a software suite was ...

SeaMonkey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
cross-platform Internet suite . It is the continuation of the former Mozilla Application Suite , based on the same source code. Core Mozilla ...

Review: SeaMonkey 1.1.8 for the Mac
SeaMonkey 1.1.8, the Mozilla Foundation's all-in-one Internet application, combines browsing, e-mail, HTML editing, and IRC chat.

SeaMonkey 2.3 Beta 1 arrives for testing
Based on the same Gecko browser engine as Firefox 6, SeaMonkey 2.3 Beta 1 has been released for testing. It offers improvements to WebGL that ...

SeaMonkey Offers Browser, E-Mail, and Chat
... resuscitated a group of Internet tools built by Netscapewhose spin-off, Mozilla, brought out the popular Firefox Web browser. Renamed SeaMonkey ...

SeaMonkey, Mozilla's all-in-one Internet suite, releases new beta
The SeaMonkey Project has released SeaMonkey 2.1 Beta 3 , a version that makes a lot of new functionality available to a wide audience for the ...

SeaMonkey review
Browse the web, work with mail, chat in IRC and edit HTML

SeaMonkey 2.33
... advanced e-mail, newsgroup and feed client, IRC chat, and HTML editing made simple, all your Internet needs in one application. The SeaMonkey ...

Seamonkey 1.1 Released
stuuf writes "Version 1.1 of the Seamonkey Internet Application Suite is now available, with quite a few improvements over the 1.0 series. Some ...