[ANNOUNCE] SeaMonkey 2.0 Beta 2 OPT-IN thread

Hi localizers,

Things are moving along nicely in the SeaMonkey community, and so we're
not only doing one of those you-repackage-everything releases of the old
1.1.x code as reported in another thread, but also just have frozen
strings for the second (and last!) beta for SeaMonkey 2.0, and it's time
for you to get your locale up to speed with those frozen strings if you
want your locale to be in the club for that beta.

Please opt in for this release by following up to this thread,
referencing your locale, and the revision from your locale's
l10n-mozilla-1.9.1 repository.

Note that the strings for the last major 2.0 feature, tabbed mail, have
already landed but are not visible in the UI yet, we're working on the
final reviews of the patch on the code itself.

We expect to do builds soon after the code freeze date at Tuesday, July
1st, 23:59 PDT, but technically we can take any opt-in up to the actual
start of the builds, so better try and post than miss the release.

We will take all locales for Beta 2 that are in
suite/locales/all-locales on comm-central, have opted in here, are green
on sea20x on dashboard, are green on tinderbox for all platforms (can
disagree with dashboard e.g. on Windows installer check failures or
chatzilla strings being incomplete) and pass a fast productization check
(I know, we have never posted any firm rules for that, I'll just take a
quick look that nothing too bad is going on, so don't fear it).

If you have any questions, feel free to ask them here.

Greetings,

Robert Kaiser
0
Robert
8/28/2009 10:19:37 AM
mozilla.dev.l10n 3875 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

Robert Kaiser escribi=F3:
> We expect to do builds soon after the code freeze date at Tuesday, July=

> 1st, 23:59 PDT, but technically we can take any opt-in up to the actual=

> start of the builds, so better try and post than miss the release.

Do you mean *Sept* 1st? :-)

TIA

0
ISO
8/28/2009 11:05:06 AM
And here we go :)

sk: http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/l10n-mozilla-1.9.1/sk/file/ecbc3f0d2d4c

--
wladow
Mozilla.sk
Robert Kaiser wrote:
> Please opt in for this release by following up to this thread,
> referencing your locale, and the revision from your locale's
> l10n-mozilla-1.9.1 repository.

And opting in myself with this one:
http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/l10n-mozilla-1.9.1/de/rev/5d05e8399d37

Robert Kaiser
0
Robert
8/28/2009 4:17:47 PM
Ricardo Palomares Mart=ED=ADnez wrote:
> Robert Kaiser escribi=F3:
>> We expect to do builds soon after the code freeze date at Tuesday, Jul=
>> 1st, 23:59 PDT, but technically we can take any opt-in up to the actua=
>> start of the builds, so better try and post than miss the release.
>

> Do you mean *Sept* 1st? :-)

Oops, yes, SEPTEMBER 1st it is.

Robert Kaiser

0
Robert
8/28/2009 4:18:25 PM
Robert Kaiser escribi=F3:
> Please opt in for this release by following up to this thread,
> referencing your locale, and the revision from your locale's
> l10n-mozilla-1.9.1 repository.

es-ES opting-in with this revision:

http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/l10n-mozilla-1.9.1/es-ES/rev/e869e588cb2d

TIA

0
ISO
8/28/2009 9:42:04 PM
lt (Lithuanian) opts in with
http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/l10n-mozilla-1.9.1/lt/rev/3b66fe3b2b30

RQ
0
Rimas
8/29/2009 1:54:50 PM
ru (Russian) opts in with
http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/l10n-mozilla-1.9.1/ru/rev/4f9ffc11a8c2

--
Sincerely yours,
  Alexander L. Slovesnik a.k.a. Unghost

http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/l10n-mozilla-1.9.1/be/rev/f4a613903d99

With best regards,

Siarhei
0
Siarhei
8/30/2009 9:43:51 AM
nb-NO opts in with
http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/l10n-mozilla-1.9.1/nb-NO/file/099877e60fb1
0
ISO
8/30/2009 8:23:55 PM
On Aug 28, 12:19=A0pm, Robert Kaiser <ka...@kairo.at> wrote:
> Hi localizers,
>
> Things are moving along nicely in the SeaMonkey community, and so we're
> not only doing one of those you-repackage-everything releases of the old
> 1.1.x code as reported in another thread, but also just have frozen
> strings for the second (and last!) beta for SeaMonkey 2.0, and it's time
> for you to get your locale up to speed with those frozen strings if you
> want your locale to be in the club for that beta.
>
> Please opt in for this release by following up to this thread,
> referencing your locale, and the revision from your locale's
> l10n-mozilla-1.9.1 repository.
>
> Note that the strings for the last major 2.0 feature, tabbed mail, have
> already landed but are not visible in the UI yet, we're working on the
> final reviews of the patch on the code itself.
>
> We expect to do builds soon after the code freeze date at Tuesday, July
> 1st, 23:59 PDT, but technically we can take any opt-in up to the actual
> start of the builds, so better try and post than miss the release.
>
> We will take all locales for Beta 2 that are in
> suite/locales/all-locales on comm-central, have opted in here, are green
> on sea20x on dashboard, are green on tinderbox for all platforms (can
> disagree with dashboard e.g. on Windows installer check failures or
> chatzilla strings being incomplete) and pass a fast productization check
> (I know, we have never posted any firm rules for that, I'll just take a
> quick look that nothing too bad is going on, so don't fear it).
>
> If you have any questions, feel free to ask them here.
>
> Greetings,
>
> Robert Kaiser

Galician (gl) wants to opt-in with:
http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/l10n-mozilla-1.9.1/gl/file/80d6031ec47a

Thanks.
0
Frco
8/31/2009 7:13:34 AM
Polish (pl) opts in:
http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/l10n-mozilla-1.9.1/pl/rev/3b0b181eb6a6

--
Adrian Kalla
0

http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/l10n-mozilla-1.9.1/ca/rev/957f10409b47

Regards

Quim
0
Joaquim
8/31/2009 10:53:41 PM
fr opting-in with this revision :

http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/l10n-mozilla-1.9.1/fr/rev/65f5a606902e

Fr�d�ric
0
ISO
9/1/2009 3:24:16 AM
es-AR opting in with rev
http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/l10n-mozilla-1.9.1/es-AR/rev/c91631790a5d

0
Marcelo
9/1/2009 4:54:08 AM
On Aug 31, 9:13=A0am, "Frco. Javier Rial" <fjr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Aug 28, 12:19=A0pm, Robert Kaiser <ka...@kairo.at> wrote:
>

> > Hi localizers,
>
> > Things are moving along nicely in the SeaMonkey community, and so we're
> > not only doing one of those you-repackage-everything releases of the ol=
> > 1.1.x code as reported in another thread, but also just have frozen
> > strings for the second (and last!) beta for SeaMonkey 2.0, and it's tim=
> > for you to get your locale up to speed with those frozen strings if you
> > want your locale to be in the club for that beta.
>
> > Please opt in for this release by following up to this thread,
> > referencing your locale, and the revision from your locale's
> > l10n-mozilla-1.9.1 repository.
>
> > Note that the strings for the last major 2.0 feature, tabbed mail, have
> > already landed but are not visible in the UI yet, we're working on the
> > final reviews of the patch on the code itself.
>
> > We expect to do builds soon after the code freeze date at Tuesday, July
> > 1st, 23:59 PDT, but technically we can take any opt-in up to the actual
> > start of the builds, so better try and post than miss the release.
>
> > We will take all locales for Beta 2 that are in
> > suite/locales/all-locales on comm-central, have opted in here, are gree=
> > on sea20x on dashboard, are green on tinderbox for all platforms (can
> > disagree with dashboard e.g. on Windows installer check failures or
> > chatzilla strings being incomplete) and pass a fast productization chec=
> > (I know, we have never posted any firm rules for that, I'll just take a
> > quick look that nothing too bad is going on, so don't fear it).
>
> > If you have any questions, feel free to ask them here.
>
> > Greetings,
>
> > Robert Kaiser
>
> Galician (gl) wants to opt-in with:http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/l10n-mo=
zilla-1.9.1/gl/file/80d6031ec47a

> Thanks.

Please forget about this,
Use this new revision for galician
http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/l10n-mozilla-1.9.1/gl/rev/3942d7d1c7b7

Thanks,
Fjrial
0
Frco
9/1/2009 7:27:16 AM
Dutch (nl) is opting in with revision:
http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/l10n-mozilla-1.9.1/nl/rev/8e90aba5a31fb03c69020369a5fb1e4eba8ff066

regards,
Niek Dekker
0
Niek
9/1/2009 11:08:05 AM
Marcelo Poli wrote:
> es-AR opting in with rev
> http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/l10n-mozilla-1.9.1/es-AR/rev/c91631790a5d

Whoa, http://l10n.mozilla.org/dashboard/?tree=sea20x tells me you're
still missing 46 strings, we can't take your locale with that, sorry!

Robert Kaiser
0
Robert
9/2/2009 8:58:52 PM
Robert Kaiser wrote:
> We will take all locales for Beta 2 that are in
> suite/locales/all-locales on comm-central, have opted in here, are green
> on sea20x on dashboard, are green on tinderbox for all platforms (can
> disagree with dashboard e.g. on Windows installer check failures or
> chatzilla strings being incomplete) and pass a fast productization check
> (I know, we have never posted any firm rules for that, I'll just take a
> quick look that nothing too bad is going on, so don't fear it).

14 locales have opted in and are green:

be, ca, de, es-ES, fr, gl, hu, lt, nb-NO, nl, pl, pt-PT, ru, sk

es-AR has opted in with a red changeset, we'll probably have to drop it
for this beta, sorry.

tr hasn't opted in but is green - there's still time to opt in, I'll
spin builds of it in the meantime.

cs wouldn't be far from being able to get all strings done, but is
neither green nor has opted in, so it won't make this last beta.

For everyone else - after the beta is a good time to start working on
SeaMonkey 2 L10n, as we're feature complete and the rate of string
changes is going down significantly. We'll have a final freeze for the
2.0 series at the start of October, would be nice to see you working on
getting things in shape at that time!

Robert Kaiser
0
Robert
9/2/2009 9:38:19 PM

  RK> tr hasn't opted in but is green - there's still time to opt in, I'll
  RK> spin builds of it in the meantime.

Actually, it's technically ready (green), but real translation ratio is
around 75% (78% with 4% fuzzy) and no real QA has done on it. If this is
OK for beta, I'd opt with the latest available revision:
http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/l10n-mozilla-1.9.1/tr/rev/3df2ad94dd15

--
Best regards,
 Rail Aliev
Rail Aliev wrote:

>    RK>  tr hasn't opted in but is green - there's still time to opt in, I'll
>    RK>  spin builds of it in the meantime.
>
> Actually, it's technically ready (green), but real translation ratio is
> around 75% (78% with 4% fuzzy) and no real QA has done on it. If this is
> OK for beta, I'd opt with the latest available revision:
> http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/l10n-mozilla-1.9.1/tr/rev/3df2ad94dd15

It's a beta, not a final, so I think we should just go for it, thanks.

Robert Kaiser
0
Robert
9/2/2009 10:45:57 PM
Robert Kaiser escribi�:
> Marcelo Poli wrote:
>> es-AR opting in with rev
>> http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/l10n-mozilla-1.9.1/es-AR/rev/c91631790a5d
>

> Whoa, http://l10n.mozilla.org/dashboard/?tree=sea20x tells me you're
> still missing 46 strings, we can't take your locale with that, sorry!
>
> Robert Kaiser
If there's time,
http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/l10n-mozilla-1.9.1/es-AR/rev/af153883ca11
 made the dashboard green again.
Sorry for the missing commit.
0
Marcelo
9/3/2009 2:07:29 AM
Marcelo Poli wrote:
> Robert Kaiser escribi=F3:
>> Marcelo Poli wrote:
>>> es-AR opting in with rev
>>> http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/l10n-mozilla-1.9.1/es-AR/rev/c91631790=
a5d

>> Whoa, http://l10n.mozilla.org/dashboard/?tree=3Dsea20x tells me you're=

>> still missing 46 strings, we can't take your locale with that, sorry!
>>
>> Robert Kaiser
> If there's time,
> http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/l10n-mozilla-1.9.1/es-AR/rev/af153883ca1=
1
>   made the dashboard green again.
> Sorry for the missing commit.

Thanks, that was one of the prime reasons why I waited for today=20
afternoon my time to actually starts the builds :)

You just caught the train!

Robert Kaiser

0
Robert
9/3/2009 11:03:48 AM
Robert Kaiser wrote:
> es-AR has opted in with a red changeset, we'll probably have to drop it
> for this beta, sorry.

Opted in again with a green changeset, so it's on the train.

> tr hasn't opted in but is green - there's still time to opt in, I'll
> spin builds of it in the meantime.

Opted in even though some number of strings is still unchanged, but for
beta this is OK.

With that, I'm going with 16 locales for this last beta:

be, ca, de, es-AR, es-ES, fr, gl, hu, lt, nb-NO, nl, pl, pt-PT, ru, sk, tr

Thanks to everyone who worked on those!

I hope even more locales will join the train as we're going final with
SeaMonkey 2 in the upcoming weeks.

Robert Kaiser
0
Robert