[ANNOUNCE] Firefox 3.6 RC (and beta n) opt-in thread

Hi all,

you've probably been eagerly waiting for this (right ;-) ), another
opt-in thread.

Firefox 3.6 is wrapped up in terms of strings. Here a few things on
timeline:

We plan to ship incremental updates to our beta users, that code is
intended to wrap up on Friday. We may do this two or three times. Opting
in now should get your locale to participate in those refreshs, and for
those that haven't yet gotten beta exposure, get you that.

That said, all opt-ins from now on should be opt-ins for release. If you
get hit by a truck, we'll ship what you sign off on, so please make sure
you tested well. If you need help with testing, please ask for help in
#qa, or in the mozilla.dev.qa newsgroup (or the equivalent mailing list).

Timeline for RC is code freeze on the November 18, and ship date on
November 26th.

Opt-ins like always with a revision url, I'll take tips of pushes.
Please make sure to send me a changeset on the 1.9.2 repos :-)

Questions?

Axel
0
Axel
11/4/2009 8:20:21 AM
mozilla.dev.l10n 3875 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

Hi Axel,

Frisian (fy-NL) opts-in with:
http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/l10n-mozilla-1.9.2/fy-NL/rev/9d03641ae6b6

Kind regards,
Wim
fryskefirefox@gmail.com
fjoerfoks.blogspot.com
www.mozilla-nl.org/
www.mozbrowser.nl
www.fryskesoftware.nl

Op 11/4/2009 9:20 AM, skreau Axel Hecht:
> Hi all,
>
> you've probably been eagerly waiting for this (right ;-) ), another
> opt-in thread.
>
> Firefox 3.6 is wrapped up in terms of strings. Here a few things on
> timeline:
>
> We plan to ship incremental updates to our beta users, that code is
> intended to wrap up on Friday. We may do this two or three times.
> Opting in now should get your locale to participate in those refreshs,
> and for those that haven't yet gotten beta exposure, get you that.
>
> That said, all opt-ins from now on should be opt-ins for release. If
> you get hit by a truck, we'll ship what you sign off on, so please
> make sure you tested well. If you need help with testing, please ask
> for help in #qa, or in the mozilla.dev.qa newsgroup (or the equivalent
> mailing list).
>
> Timeline for RC is code freeze on the November 18, and ship date on
> November 26th.
>
> Opt-ins like always with a revision url, I'll take tips of pushes.
> Please make sure to send me a changeset on the 1.9.2 repos :-)
>
> Questions?
>
> Axel

Fryske
11/4/2009 8:27:39 AM
Sorry, there's been a communication mishap.

The beta refresh is supposed to ship on Friday, so I'm wrapping up on
that right now.

There will be another beta refresh later, so don't be too worried.

What I'll do is look at all locales that were in beta 1 and see if
they're green and if so, look at the diff for errors. If no errors are
found, I'll take that as locale into the beta2 refresh.

If you haven't shipped in beta 1 and want to be part of the refresh,
I'll need an explicit sign-off.

That said, beta 2 isn't code ready just yet, so I might get a chance to
do another pass tomorrow.

All really agile.

No change to the RC 1 schedule.

Axel

On 04.11.09 09:20, Axel Hecht wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> you've probably been eagerly waiting for this (right ;-) ), another
> opt-in thread.
>
> Firefox 3.6 is wrapped up in terms of strings. Here a few things on
> timeline:
>
> We plan to ship incremental updates to our beta users, that code is
> intended to wrap up on Friday. We may do this two or three times. Opting
> in now should get your locale to participate in those refreshs, and for
> those that haven't yet gotten beta exposure, get you that.
>
> That said, all opt-ins from now on should be opt-ins for release. If you
> get hit by a truck, we'll ship what you sign off on, so please make sure
> you tested well. If you need help with testing, please ask for help in
> #qa, or in the mozilla.dev.qa newsgroup (or the equivalent mailing list).
>
> Timeline for RC is code freeze on the November 18, and ship date on
> November 26th.
>
> Opt-ins like always with a revision url, I'll take tips of pushes.
> Please make sure to send me a changeset on the 1.9.2 repos :-)
>
> Questions?
>
> Axel

0
Axel
11/4/2009 8:48:45 PM
Oh OK.  Persian was part of Beta 1, so I guess there is nothing to worry
about for now.

--
Ehsan
<http://ehsanakhgari.org/>

On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 3:48 PM, Axel Hecht <l10n@mozilla.com> wrote:

> Sorry, there's been a communication mishap.
>
> The beta refresh is supposed to ship on Friday, so I'm wrapping up on that
> right now.
>
> There will be another beta refresh later, so don't be too worried.
>
> What I'll do is look at all locales that were in beta 1 and see if they're
> green and if so, look at the diff for errors. If no errors are found, I'll
> take that as locale into the beta2 refresh.
>
> If you haven't shipped in beta 1 and want to be part of the refresh, I'll
> need an explicit sign-off.
>
> That said, beta 2 isn't code ready just yet, so I might get a chance to do
> another pass tomorrow.
>
> All really agile.
>
> No change to the RC 1 schedule.
>
> Axel
>

> On 04.11.09 09:20, Axel Hecht wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> you've probably been eagerly waiting for this (right ;-) ), another
>> opt-in thread.
>>
>> Firefox 3.6 is wrapped up in terms of strings. Here a few things on
>> timeline:
>>
>> We plan to ship incremental updates to our beta users, that code is
>> intended to wrap up on Friday. We may do this two or three times. Opting
>> in now should get your locale to participate in those refreshs, and for
>> those that haven't yet gotten beta exposure, get you that.
>>
>> That said, all opt-ins from now on should be opt-ins for release. If you
>> get hit by a truck, we'll ship what you sign off on, so please make sure
>> you tested well. If you need help with testing, please ask for help in
>> #qa, or in the mozilla.dev.qa newsgroup (or the equivalent mailing list).
>>
>> Timeline for RC is code freeze on the November 18, and ship date on
>> November 26th.
>>
>> Opt-ins like always with a revision url, I'll take tips of pushes.
>> Please make sure to send me a changeset on the 1.9.2 repos :-)
>>
>> Questions?
>>
>> Axel

Ehsan
11/5/2009 2:08:28 AM
Right.

For your guys information, we haven't started builds on Wednesday,
that's likely going to happen sometime Thursday noon PST, so there's
still a window to get in.

Sorry for the noise and confusion, I'll do a more in-depth off-announce
post on what we discussed later.

Axel

On 05.11.09 03:08, Ehsan Akhgari wrote:
> Oh OK.  Persian was part of Beta 1, so I guess there is nothing to worry
> about for now.
>
> --
> Ehsan
> <http://ehsanakhgari.org/>
>

> On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 3:48 PM, Axel Hecht<l10n@mozilla.com>  wrote:
>
>> Sorry, there's been a communication mishap.
>>
>> The beta refresh is supposed to ship on Friday, so I'm wrapping up on that
>> right now.
>>
>> There will be another beta refresh later, so don't be too worried.
>>
>> What I'll do is look at all locales that were in beta 1 and see if they're
>> green and if so, look at the diff for errors. If no errors are found, I'll
>> take that as locale into the beta2 refresh.
>>
>> If you haven't shipped in beta 1 and want to be part of the refresh, I'll
>> need an explicit sign-off.
>>
>> That said, beta 2 isn't code ready just yet, so I might get a chance to do
>> another pass tomorrow.
>>
>> All really agile.
>>
>> No change to the RC 1 schedule.
>>
>> Axel
>>

>> On 04.11.09 09:20, Axel Hecht wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> you've probably been eagerly waiting for this (right ;-) ), another
>>> opt-in thread.
>>>
>>> Firefox 3.6 is wrapped up in terms of strings. Here a few things on
>>> timeline:
>>>
>>> We plan to ship incremental updates to our beta users, that code is
>>> intended to wrap up on Friday. We may do this two or three times. Opting
>>> in now should get your locale to participate in those refreshs, and for
>>> those that haven't yet gotten beta exposure, get you that.
>>>
>>> That said, all opt-ins from now on should be opt-ins for release. If you
>>> get hit by a truck, we'll ship what you sign off on, so please make sure
>>> you tested well. If you need help with testing, please ask for help in
>>> #qa, or in the mozilla.dev.qa newsgroup (or the equivalent mailing list).
>>>
>>> Timeline for RC is code freeze on the November 18, and ship date on
>>> November 26th.
>>>
>>> Opt-ins like always with a revision url, I'll take tips of pushes.
>>> Please make sure to send me a changeset on the 1.9.2 repos :-)
>>>
>>> Questions?
>>>
>>> Axel

Axel
11/5/2009 6:46:45 AM
sk: http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/l10n-mozilla-1.9.2/sk/file/a9bfb09c65cc

I hope we're still on time for first beta refresh as well

--
wladow

Dňa 04. 11. 2009 21:48, Axel Hecht  wrote / napísal(a):
> Sorry, there's been a communication mishap.
>
> The beta refresh is supposed to ship on Friday, so I'm wrapping up on
> that right now.
>
> There will be another beta refresh later, so don't be too worried.
>
> What I'll do is look at all locales that were in beta 1 and see if
> they're green and if so, look at the diff for errors. If no errors are
> found, I'll take that as locale into the beta2 refresh.
>
> If you haven't shipped in beta 1 and want to be part of the refresh,
> I'll need an explicit sign-off.
>
> That said, beta 2 isn't code ready just yet, so I might get a chance to
> do another pass tomorrow.
>
> All really agile.
>
> No change to the RC 1 schedule.
>
> Axel
>
> On 04.11.09 09:20, Axel Hecht wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> you've probably been eagerly waiting for this (right ;-) ), another
>> opt-in thread.
>>
>> Firefox 3.6 is wrapped up in terms of strings. Here a few things on
>> timeline:
>>
>> We plan to ship incremental updates to our beta users, that code is
>> intended to wrap up on Friday. We may do this two or three times. Opting
>> in now should get your locale to participate in those refreshs, and for
>> those that haven't yet gotten beta exposure, get you that.
>>
>> That said, all opt-ins from now on should be opt-ins for release. If you
>> get hit by a truck, we'll ship what you sign off on, so please make sure
>> you tested well. If you need help with testing, please ask for help in
>> #qa, or in the mozilla.dev.qa newsgroup (or the equivalent mailing list).
>>
>> Timeline for RC is code freeze on the November 18, and ship date on
>> November 26th.
>>
>> Opt-ins like always with a revision url, I'll take tips of pushes.
>> Please make sure to send me a changeset on the 1.9.2 repos :-)
>>
>> Questions?
>>
>> Axel

0
wladow
11/5/2009 9:07:00 AM
Hi Axel, please, use this new rev for es-ES:

http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/l10n-mozilla-1.9.2/es-ES/rev/cc098ef80d0f

Thanks!
0
ISO

Telugu [te] opts-in with:

http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/l10n-mozilla-1.9.2/te/rev/899fd74c3aec

Regards,
Krishnababu K.
Fryske Firefox wrote:
> Hi Axel,
>
> Frisian (fy-NL) opts-in with:
> http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/l10n-mozilla-1.9.2/fy-NL/rev/9d03641ae6b6
>
> Kind regards,
> Wim
> fryskefirefox@gmail.com
> fjoerfoks.blogspot.com
> www.mozilla-nl.org/
> www.mozbrowser.nl
> www.fryskesoftware.nl
>
> Op 11/4/2009 9:20 AM, skreau Axel Hecht:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> you've probably been eagerly waiting for this (right ;-) ), another
>> opt-in thread.
>>
>> Firefox 3.6 is wrapped up in terms of strings. Here a few things on
>> timeline:
>>
>> We plan to ship incremental updates to our beta users, that code is
>> intended to wrap up on Friday. We may do this two or three times.
>> Opting in now should get your locale to participate in those
>> refreshs, and for those that haven't yet gotten beta exposure, get
>> you that.
>>
>> That said, all opt-ins from now on should be opt-ins for release. If
>> you get hit by a truck, we'll ship what you sign off on, so please
>> make sure you tested well. If you need help with testing, please ask
>> for help in #qa, or in the mozilla.dev.qa newsgroup (or the
>> equivalent mailing list).
>>
>> Timeline for RC is code freeze on the November 18, and ship date on
>> November 26th.
>>
>> Opt-ins like always with a revision url, I'll take tips of pushes.
>> Please make sure to send me a changeset on the 1.9.2 repos :-)
>>
>> Questions?
>>
>> Axel

Krishnababu
11/5/2009 10:01:12 AM
Arabic (ar) is opting in with:
http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/l10n-mozilla-1.9.2/ar/file/f211a1ffb498

That's to start with. It may be changed later if any bugs were spotted
before the deadline, but in case I was hit by a truck, you can use
this one.

Regards

- Anas

On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 10:20 AM, Axel Hecht <l10n@mozilla.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> you've probably been eagerly waiting for this (right ;-) ), another opt-in
> thread.
>
> Firefox 3.6 is wrapped up in terms of strings. Here a few things on
> timeline:
>
> We plan to ship incremental updates to our beta users, that code is intended
> to wrap up on Friday. We may do this two or three times. Opting in now
> should get your locale to participate in those refreshs, and for those that
> haven't yet gotten beta exposure, get you that.
>
> That said, all opt-ins from now on should be opt-ins for release. If you get
> hit by a truck, we'll ship what you sign off on, so please make sure you
> tested well. If you need help with testing, please ask for help in #qa, or
> in the mozilla.dev.qa newsgroup (or the equivalent mailing list).
>
> Timeline for RC is code freeze on the November 18, and ship date on November
> 26th.
>
> Opt-ins like always with a revision url, I'll take tips of pushes. Please
> make sure to send me a changeset on the 1.9.2 repos :-)
>
> Questions?
>
> Axel

Anas
11/5/2009 10:20:41 AM
Icelandic (is) opting in:
http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/l10n-mozilla-1.9.2/is/file/56f11f9977c7
0
ISO
11/5/2009 12:22:58 PM
Updated changeset for Italian (it), not sure for which version of Fx3.6
http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/l10n-mozilla-1.9.2/it/rev/307e5bb911f4

Francesco
0
flod
11/5/2009 12:37:54 PM
zh-TW opt-in with latest changeset:
http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/l10n-mozilla-1.9.2/zh-TW/rev/01d8e5a23953

Tim
0
Tim
11/5/2009 12:59:49 PM
Oriya (or) opt-in with latest change set:
http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/l10n-mozilla-1.9.2/or/file/b4fab538cd56

Thanks!
Manoj
Axel Hecht wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> you've probably been eagerly waiting for this (right ;-) ), another
> opt-in thread.
>
> Firefox 3.6 is wrapped up in terms of strings. Here a few things on
> timeline:
>
> We plan to ship incremental updates to our beta users, that code is
> intended to wrap up on Friday. We may do this two or three times.
> Opting in now should get your locale to participate in those refreshs,
> and for those that haven't yet gotten beta exposure, get you that.
>
> That said, all opt-ins from now on should be opt-ins for release. If
> you get hit by a truck, we'll ship what you sign off on, so please
> make sure you tested well. If you need help with testing, please ask
> for help in #qa, or in the mozilla.dev.qa newsgroup (or the equivalent
> mailing list).
>
> Timeline for RC is code freeze on the November 18, and ship date on
> November 26th.
>
> Opt-ins like always with a revision url, I'll take tips of pushes.
> Please make sure to send me a changeset on the 1.9.2 repos :-)
>
> Questions?
>
> Axel

Manoj

Marathi [mr] opts in.

Changeset available at:
http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/l10n-mozilla-1.9.2/mr/rev/31858bcb9679

On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 1:50 PM, Axel Hecht <l10n@mozilla.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> you've probably been eagerly waiting for this (right ;-) ), another opt-in
> thread.
>
> Firefox 3.6 is wrapped up in terms of strings. Here a few things on
> timeline:
>
> We plan to ship incremental updates to our beta users, that code is
> intended to wrap up on Friday. We may do this two or three times. Opting in
> now should get your locale to participate in those refreshs, and for those
> that haven't yet gotten beta exposure, get you that.
>
> That said, all opt-ins from now on should be opt-ins for release. If you
> get hit by a truck, we'll ship what you sign off on, so please make sure you
> tested well. If you need help with testing, please ask for help in #qa, or
> in the mozilla.dev.qa newsgroup (or the equivalent mailing list).
>
> Timeline for RC is code freeze on the November 18, and ship date on
> November 26th.
>
> Opt-ins like always with a revision url, I'll take tips of pushes. Please
> make sure to send me a changeset on the 1.9.2 repos :-)
>
> Questions?
>
> Axel

sandeep
11/5/2009 2:58:02 PM
http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/l10n-mozilla-1.9.2/ro/file/b149d8f0e1d8

--
Alexandru Szasz
0

--
Hasse
sv-SE l10n team

Finnish (fi) opting in with rev 827d7d2e1532
http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/l10n-mozilla-1.9.2/fi/rev/827d7d2e1532

-ville/mozilla.fi
0
Ville
11/5/2009 6:37:02 PM
On 05.11.09 19:33, Hasse wrote:
> Please use this new changeset for sv-SE:
> http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/l10n-mozilla-1.9.2/sv-SE/rev/bab3c514fbe3

You didn't get the ABBA just right there ;-)

Axel
0
Axel
11/5/2009 7:42:51 PM
Hi Axel and all,

ja/ja-JP-mac opt-in with these changesets:
http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/l10n-mozilla-1.9.2/ja/file/af454feeb8d2
http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/l10n-mozilla-1.9.2/ja-JP-mac/file/8dc09c9d088c

Thanks

Axel Hecht wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> you've probably been eagerly waiting for this (right ;-) ), another
> opt-in thread.
>
> Firefox 3.6 is wrapped up in terms of strings. Here a few things on
> timeline:
>
> We plan to ship incremental updates to our beta users, that code is
> intended to wrap up on Friday. We may do this two or three times. Opting
> in now should get your locale to participate in those refreshs, and for
> those that haven't yet gotten beta exposure, get you that.
>
> That said, all opt-ins from now on should be opt-ins for release. If you
> get hit by a truck, we'll ship what you sign off on, so please make sure
> you tested well. If you need help with testing, please ask for help in
> #qa, or in the mozilla.dev.qa newsgroup (or the equivalent mailing list).
>
> Timeline for RC is code freeze on the November 18, and ship date on
> November 26th.
>
> Opt-ins like always with a revision url, I'll take tips of pushes.
> Please make sure to send me a changeset on the 1.9.2 repos :-)
>
> Questions?
>
> Axel
0
dynamis
11/6/2009 1:25:39 AM
Please find the new change set for Oriya (or):
http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/l10n-mozilla-1.9.2/or/file/5b895134ec1b
Manoj Giri wrote:
> Oriya (or) opt-in with latest change set:
> http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/l10n-mozilla-1.9.2/or/file/b4fab538cd56
>
> Thanks!
> Manoj
> Axel Hecht wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> you've probably been eagerly waiting for this (right ;-) ), another
>> opt-in thread.
>>
>> Firefox 3.6 is wrapped up in terms of strings. Here a few things on
>> timeline:
>>
>> We plan to ship incremental updates to our beta users, that code is
>> intended to wrap up on Friday. We may do this two or three times.
>> Opting in now should get your locale to participate in those
>> refreshs, and for those that haven't yet gotten beta exposure, get
>> you that.
>>
>> That said, all opt-ins from now on should be opt-ins for release. If
>> you get hit by a truck, we'll ship what you sign off on, so please
>> make sure you tested well. If you need help with testing, please ask
>> for help in #qa, or in the mozilla.dev.qa newsgroup (or the
>> equivalent mailing list).
>>
>> Timeline for RC is code freeze on the November 18, and ship date on
>> November 26th.
>>
>> Opt-ins like always with a revision url, I'll take tips of pushes.
>> Please make sure to send me a changeset on the 1.9.2 repos :-)
>>
>> Questions?
>>
>> Axel

Manoj
11/6/2009 7:24:39 AM
Here is the latest change set for Tamil (ta):
http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/l10n-mozilla-1.9.2/ta/rev/244e08effa2d
nl is opting in:

http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/l10n-mozilla-1.9.2/nl/rev/cabf0afdd6f4

greetings