[ANNOUNCE] Firefox 3.1 Beta 1 Opt in Thread

Hi all,

please follow up to this thread to opt in for Beta 1.

We're string frozen since Thursday, and code freeze is Sept 30th at
11:59pm PDT.

An extra would be if you could provide a link to hg.m.o referencing the
changeset you want to get in.

This release is a bit new, and is likely going to be done by hand by the
release team.

Sorry for the late announcement, I have issues with my connectivity in
my home office.

Release criteria are green on tinderbox and l10n dashboard.

Seth is looking into QA ideas for B2 and RCs.

Axel
0
Axel
9/29/2008 7:02:48 PM
mozilla.dev.l10n 3875 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

fr locale is opting in, patchset a7c003554f46
0
ISO
9/29/2008 7:23:24 PM
please add sk too, changeset f3fb0018a3b6

--

wladow
0

hu locale is opting in, patchset 279d4db75211
0
Andras
9/29/2008 7:47:59 PM
es-AR opting-in.
Changeset e35e14d53ef0
0
Marcelo

ru locale is opting in, patchset a86d6547da37

--
Sincerely yours,
  Alexander L. Slovesnik a.k.a. Unghost
> Hi all,
>=20
> please follow up to this thread to opt in for Beta 1.

At the very last moment:

http://hg.mozilla.org/l10n-central/es-ES/rev/684b7eb7ecc8

I'm talking on behalf of Guillermo L=F3pez, which has had a HW failure
(well, his laptop). ;-) es-ES opts in.

Ricardo

0
ISO
9/29/2008 9:12:42 PM
nb-NO changeset c8861889b63d
nn-NO changeset a8d9a43de43e
0
ISO
9/29/2008 9:16:36 PM
Axel Hecht <l10n <at> mozilla.com> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> please follow up to this thread to opt in for Beta 1.
>
> We're string frozen since Thursday, and code freeze is Sept 30th at
> 11:59pm PDT.
>
> An extra would be if you could provide a link to hg.m.o referencing the
> changeset you want to get in.

Irish (ga-IE) would like to opt in for b1.
http://hg.mozilla.org/l10n-central/ga-IE/rev/097b91291d3f

Kevin

0
Kevin
9/29/2008 10:07:19 PM
[id] is opting in, changeset is be776a7819d4

Romi
0
Romi
9/29/2008 10:22:06 PM
ja/ja-JP-mac will opt-in
I or my peer will tell final change set later.

Thanks.
0
dynamis
9/30/2008 1:24:17 AM
Citando a mensagem de Axel Hecht:
> please follow up to this thread to opt in for Beta 1.
>
> An extra would be if you could provide a link to hg.m.o referencing the
> changeset you want to get in.

pt-BR opts in.

http://hg.mozilla.org/l10n-central/pt-BR/rev/a6376e4c62f6

--
Jeferson

0
Jeferson
9/30/2008 3:21:03 AM
Italian (it) is opting-in for 3.1b1

Changeset aa3a55a987e7
http://hg.mozilla.org/l10n-central/it/file/aa3a55a987e7

Francesco
0
flod
9/30/2008 5:12:42 AM
Hello Axel,

fy-NL locale is opting in, patchset f56da923da65

Kind regards,
--
Wim
fryskefirefox@gmail.com

RQ

2008.09.29 22:02, Axel Hecht rašė:
> Hi all,
>
> please follow up to this thread to opt in for Beta 1.
>
> We're string frozen since Thursday, and code freeze is Sept 30th at
> 11:59pm PDT.
>
> An extra would be if you could provide a link to hg.m.o referencing the
> changeset you want to get in.
>
> This release is a bit new, and is likely going to be done by hand by the
> release team.
>
> Sorry for the late announcement, I have issues with my connectivity in
> my home office.
>
> Release criteria are green on tinderbox and l10n dashboard.
>
> Seth is looking into QA ideas for B2 and RCs.
>
> Axel

0
Rimas
9/30/2008 6:27:06 AM
zh-CN opt in

http://hg.mozilla.org/l10n-central/zh-CN/5d7295a2e778

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 3:02 AM, Axel Hecht <l10n@mozilla.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> please follow up to this thread to opt in for Beta 1.
>
> We're string frozen since Thursday, and code freeze is Sept 30th at
> 11:59pm PDT.
>
> An extra would be if you could provide a link to hg.m.o referencing the
> changeset you want to get in.
>
> This release is a bit new, and is likely going to be done by hand by the
> release team.
>
> Sorry for the late announcement, I have issues with my connectivity in
> my home office.
>
> Release criteria are green on tinderbox and l10n dashboard.
>
> Seth is looking into QA ideas for B2 and RCs.
>
> Axel

UTF
9/30/2008 7:11:40 AM
nl opt in

http://hg.mozilla.org/l10n-central/nl/rev/a349408c17ff
0
Mad
9/30/2008 8:46:41 AM
0
Toni
9/30/2008 9:01:47 AM
Hebrew is ready to opt-in. Changeset 4f008d419edb.

Thanks.
0
Tomer
9/30/2008 9:06:12 AM
ro (Romanian) opting in:
http://hg.mozilla.org/l10n-central/ro/file/933b77e28a9a

--
Alexandru Szasz
0
Hecht wrote:

pa is ready with changeset:   c712d30e06bb

thanks
A S Alam=
0
Preet
9/30/2008 2:54:51 PM
eo opting in

http://hg.mozilla.org/l10n-central/eo/rev/ad470db40900
0
ISO
9/30/2008 2:55:23 PM
pt-PT opts in.

Changeset d5c995c178f3

Best regards,
Jo�o Miguel Neves

Axel Hecht escreveu:
> Hi all,
>
> please follow up to this thread to opt in for Beta 1.
>
> We're string frozen since Thursday, and code freeze is Sept 30th at
> 11:59pm PDT.
>
> An extra would be if you could provide a link to hg.m.o referencing the
> changeset you want to get in.
>
> This release is a bit new, and is likely going to be done by hand by the
> release team.
>
> Sorry for the late announcement, I have issues with my connectivity in
> my home office.
>
> Release criteria are green on tinderbox and l10n dashboard.
>
> Seth is looking into QA ideas for B2 and RCs.
>
> Axel

Intraneia
http://www.intraneia.com/

Suporte a Software Livre
Tradu��o/Localiza��o de software e s�tios web
Desenvolvimento de software

Ao seu servi�o...

0
ISO
9/30/2008 4:04:33 PM
On 9=A4=EB30=A4=E9, =A4=C8=ABe10:24, dynamis <dyna...@mozilla-japan.org> wr=
ote:
> ja/ja-JP-mac will opt-in
> I or my peer will tell final change set later.

Changeset
http://hg.mozilla.org/l10n-central/ja/rev/d3e357c1d1ee
and
http://hg.mozilla.org/l10n-central/ja-JP-mac/rev/c0977b38f38c

Thanks.
0
dev
9/30/2008 4:21:48 PM
zh-TW (Traditional Chinese (Taiwan)) opting in

http://hg.mozilla.org/l10n-central/zh-TW/file/ae2623aff1c0
0
Tim
9/30/2008 5:28:01 PM
Eduardo Tr�pani wrote:
> eo opting in
>
> http://hg.mozilla.org/l10n-central/eo/rev/ad470db40900

Eduardo, that build has missing strings,
http://l10n.mozilla.org/buildbot/compare/hg-langpack/2497.

Axel
0
Axel
9/30/2008 5:30:09 PM
Ricardo Palomares Mart=ED=ADnez escribi=F3:
> Axel Hecht escribi=F3:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> please follow up to this thread to opt in for Beta 1.
>=20
>=20
> At the very last moment:
>=20
> http://hg.mozilla.org/l10n-central/es-ES/rev/684b7eb7ecc8
>=20
> I'm talking on behalf of Guillermo L=F3pez, which has had a HW failure
> (well, his laptop). ;-) es-ES opts in.

We have been notified of a translation error at:

http://hg.mozilla.org/l10n-central/es-ES/file/684b7eb7ecc8/browser/chrome=
/browser/browser.properties#l7

Instead of "...ventana ventana" it should be "...ventana nueva".

Can we fix it now and notify the new changeset or should we better
wait until the B1 cut has been done?

TIA

0
ISO
9/30/2008 6:03:02 PM
Ricardo Palomares Mart�nez wrote:
> Ricardo Palomares Mart�nez escribi�:
>> Axel Hecht escribi�:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> please follow up to this thread to opt in for Beta 1.
>>
>> At the very last moment:
>>
>> http://hg.mozilla.org/l10n-central/es-ES/rev/684b7eb7ecc8
>>
>> I'm talking on behalf of Guillermo L�pez, which has had a HW failure
>> (well, his laptop). ;-) es-ES opts in.
>

> We have been notified of a translation error at:
>
> http://hg.mozilla.org/l10n-central/es-ES/file/684b7eb7ecc8/browser/chrome/browser/browser.properties#l7
>
> Instead of "...ventana ventana" it should be "...ventana nueva".
>
> Can we fix it now and notify the new changeset or should we better
> wait until the B1 cut has been done?
>
> TIA

If you get the changeset into my queue, you're fine, but I wouldn't fall
over if I missed out on this.

We're not freezing the l10n repos anyway, so you can land, and we'll tag
and release with the given changesets.

Actually, make that "I guess" on the not-freezing part. I don't know if
we'll have to for the tagging/branching part.

Axel
0
Axel
9/30/2008 6:26:58 PM
fi opting in. Changeset f85bc59ddc09.

-ville/mozilla.fi
0
Ville
9/30/2008 6:29:17 PM
be opts in

http://hg.mozilla.org/l10n-central/be/rev/4aa0ee103fc7
0
Siarhei
9/30/2008 6:32:49 PM
On Sep 29, 10:02=A0pm, Axel Hecht <l...@mozilla.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> please follow up to this thread to opt in for Beta 1.

Hi, Axel.

Ukrainian (uk) is opting in.
http://l10n.mozilla.org/buildbot/compare/hg-langpack/2556
http://hg.mozilla.org/l10n-central/uk/file/939ec7335354

0
Tim
9/30/2008 6:34:44 PM
Axel Hecht escribi=F3:
> Ricardo Palomares Mart=ED=ADnez wrote:
>> We have been notified of a translation error at:
>>
>> http://hg.mozilla.org/l10n-central/es-ES/file/684b7eb7ecc8/browser/chr=
ome/browser/browser.properties#l7

>> Instead of "...ventana ventana" it should be "...ventana nueva".
>>
>> Can we fix it now and notify the new changeset or should we better
>> wait until the B1 cut has been done?
>>
>=20
> If you get the changeset into my queue, you're fine, but I wouldn't fal=
> over if I missed out on this.

OK, thanks. Done:
http://hg.mozilla.org/l10n-central/es-ES/rev/9533e3cca6a1

> We're not freezing the l10n repos anyway, so you can land, and we'll ta=
> and release with the given changesets.
>=20
> Actually, make that "I guess" on the not-freezing part. I don't know if=

> we'll have to for the tagging/branching part.

I hope to be on time. :-)

Ricardo.

0
ISO
9/30/2008 6:37:49 PM
In article <Sq-dnczt-djEu3zVnZ2dnUVZ_j2dnZ2d@mozilla.org>, Axel Hecht
wrote...

sv-SE opts in.
Changeset: 31f6caf6c4e4

--
Hasse
sv-SE l10n team
>> eo opting in
>>
>> http://hg.mozilla.org/l10n-central/eo/rev/ad470db40900
>
> Eduardo, that build has missing strings,
> http://l10n.mozilla.org/buildbot/compare/hg-langpack/2497.

Fixed.  Sorry, I was doing compare-locales with another version.

http://hg.mozilla.org/l10n-central/eo/rev/6defce71f1a5
0
ISO
9/30/2008 7:53:13 PM
> please follow up to this thread to opt in for Beta 1.

Kurdish (ku) would like to opt in. Sorry, no changeset yet.
0
Erdal
9/30/2008 8:51:12 PM
pl http://hg.mozilla.org/l10n-central/pl/rev/ea7d1a127970

(Substituting for Marcoos - he is offline)

--
Hubert Gajewski
Aviary.pl

opting in for "de" with last changeset being faa4b56cd096

--Kadir
0
Abdulkadir
9/30/2008 10:32:40 PM
opt in for 'si'
changeset fe802fe2f397

Thanks
Danishka
0
Danishka
10/1/2008 1:44:30 AM
> please follow up to this thread to opt in for Beta 1.
> An extra would be if you could provide a link to hg.m.o referencing the
> changeset you want to get in.

plese add cs in beta1 - revision 94910d2d45ec

Pavel Franc
0
Pavel
10/1/2008 8:09:35 AM
Erdal Ronahi wrote:
>> please follow up to this thread to opt in for Beta 1.
>
> Kurdish (ku) would like to opt in. Sorry, no changeset yet.

Hi Erdal,

so far, Kurdish is still red, see
http://l10n.mozilla.org/buildbot/compare/hg-langpack/2519 for the latest
comparison.

As we had that before, do you do an

hg pull -u

to update en-US? And did you push you local check-ins?

Axel
0
Axel
10/1/2008 10:18:22 AM
Axel Hecht wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> please follow up to this thread to opt in for Beta 1.
>
> We're string frozen since Thursday, and code freeze is Sept 30th at
> 11:59pm PDT.
>
> An extra would be if you could provide a link to hg.m.o referencing the
> changeset you want to get in.
>
> This release is a bit new, and is likely going to be done by hand by the
> release team.
>
> Sorry for the late announcement, I have issues with my connectivity in
> my home office.
>
> Release criteria are green on tinderbox and l10n dashboard.
>
> Seth is looking into QA ideas for B2 and RCs.
>
> Axel

I don't understand, why do we have such quick releases immediately after
the other.

e.g. We just finished Fx 3.0.2 translations one month before I guess and
now Fx 3.1 is in the queue.

It becomes really difficult for localizers to keep the translations
up2date, who work on various other localization projects, like Gnome,
KDE, XFCE, Fedora, etc and especially when communities are very small in
size.

This confuses me to understand the importance of Fx 3.0.x and Fx 3.x at
times!

--
Regards,
Ankit Patel

0
Ankitkumar
10/1/2008 11:08:32 AM
Ankitkumar Rameshchandra Patel wrote on 01. Oct 2008:

> I don\'t understand, why do we have such quick releases immediately
> after the other.
>
> e.g. We just finished Fx 3.0.2 translations one month before I
> guess and now Fx 3.1 is in the queue.
>
> It becomes really difficult for localizers to keep the translations
> up2date, who work on various other localization projects, like Gnome,
> KDE, XFCE, Fedora, etc and especially when communities are very small
> in size.
>
> This confuses me to understand the importance of Fx 3.0.x and
> Fx 3.x at times!

Ankit, a few general thoughts first:
- Localization is always driven by development speed. If a certain
  product is in a fast development cycle, this has implications for
  the localization teams of course.
- Fx 3.0.x was the big release which incorporated all the work since
  the Fx 2.0.x release nearly two years earlier. Fx 3.1 will be a much
  smaller release, with a much lower l10n footprint, meaning the
  number of changes between Fx2 and Fx3 were much larger than the
  string changes between Fx3 and Fx31 will be.

A few more specific thoughts:
- The Fx3 release is now three months behind us. I understand that
  you only catched up with the 3.0.2 release, but IMO you should
  put this more into the perspective of when Fx3 was released and
  how long ago that was and not look at it from the perspective of
  when you were able to catch up.
- Do you understand that this will be the first *beta* of Fx31?
  This will not be the finished product. The final release of Fx31
  is currently planned for early February 2009 as far as I know. So
  if you aren\'t able to make it now, you could still shoot for the
  Fx31 final release or for the second beta, which will probably
  come out somewhere in November or December this year.

I hope that helps
Simon

--
Thunderbird/Calendar Localization (L10n) Coordinator
Calendar developer blog:     http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/calendar
Simon Paquet wrote:
> Ankitkumar Rameshchandra Patel wrote on 01. Oct 2008:
>

>> I don\'t understand, why do we have such quick releases immediately
>> after the other.
>>
>> e.g. We just finished Fx 3.0.2 translations one month before I
>> guess and now Fx 3.1 is in the queue.
>>
>> It becomes really difficult for localizers to keep the translations
>> up2date, who work on various other localization projects, like Gnome,
>> KDE, XFCE, Fedora, etc and especially when communities are very small
>> in size.
>>
>> This confuses me to understand the importance of Fx 3.0.x and
>> Fx 3.x at times!
>>

> Ankit, a few general thoughts first:
> - Localization is always driven by development speed. If a certain
>   product is in a fast development cycle, this has implications for
>   the localization teams of course.
> - Fx 3.0.x was the big release which incorporated all the work since
>   the Fx 2.0.x release nearly two years earlier. Fx 3.1 will be a much
>   smaller release, with a much lower l10n footprint, meaning the
>   number of changes between Fx2 and Fx3 were much larger than the
>   string changes between Fx3 and Fx31 will be.
>
> A few more specific thoughts:
> - The Fx3 release is now three months behind us. I understand that
>   you only catched up with the 3.0.2 release, but IMO you should
>   put this more into the perspective of when Fx3 was released and
>   how long ago that was and not look at it from the perspective of
>   when you were able to catch up.
> - Do you understand that this will be the first *beta* of Fx31?
>   This will not be the finished product. The final release of Fx31
>   is currently planned for early February 2009 as far as I know. So
>   if you aren\'t able to make it now, you could still shoot for the
>   Fx31 final release or for the second beta, which will probably
>   come out somewhere in November or December this year.
>
> I hope that helps
> Simon

Thanks Simon. It's clear now!

Do we have any schedule/roadmap/milestones page for Firefox x.x upcoming
releases? So, that I can do the scheduling of all localization projects
I handle.

--
Regards,
Ankit Patel

0
Ankitkumar
10/1/2008 11:50:43 AM
Opting in for Hindi (hi-IN)

author Rajesh Ranjan  <rajeshkajha@yahoo.com>

 Wed Oct 01 17:46:53 2008 +0530 (at Wed Oct 01 17:46:53 2008 +0530)
changeset 14 faae828cacee

 regards,
--------------
Rajesh Ranjan
Kramashah

please follow up to this thread to opt in for Beta 1.

We're string frozen since Thursday, and code freeze is Sept 30th at
11:59pm PDT.

An extra would be if you could provide a link to hg.m.o referencing the
changeset you want to get in.

This release is a bit new, and is likely going to be done by hand by the
release team.

Sorry for the late announcement, I have issues with my connectivity in
my home office.

Release criteria are green on tinderbox and l10n dashboard.

Seth is looking into QA ideas for B2 and RCs.

Axel

Rajesh
10/1/2008 12:26:22 PM
I've changed a string in the Windows installer file, which fixes the
Windows build, as compare-locales was unable to detect that problem.
Please use changeset 818a5ad594ab for Hebrew (he) instead. Thanks.

http://hg.mozilla.org/l10n-central/he/rev/818a5ad594ab

On Sep 30, 12:06=A0pm, "Tomer Cohen - mozilla.org.il" <tom...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hebrew is ready to opt-in. Changeset 4f008d419edb.
>
> Thanks.

0
Tomer
10/1/2008 8:12:32 PM
Hi, all.

ko lately opt-in change set 325fbd3255b5

Thanks.

Channy

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 4:02 AM, Axel Hecht <l10n@mozilla.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> please follow up to this thread to opt in for Beta 1.
>
> We're string frozen since Thursday, and code freeze is Sept 30th at
> 11:59pm PDT.
>
> An extra would be if you could provide a link to hg.m.o referencing the
> changeset you want to get in.
>
> This release is a bit new, and is likely going to be done by hand by the
> release team.
>
> Sorry for the late announcement, I have issues with my connectivity in
> my home office.
>
> Release criteria are green on tinderbox and l10n dashboard.
>
> Seth is looking into QA ideas for B2 and RCs.
>
> Axel

Channy
10/2/2008 5:09:04 AM
Channy Yun wrote:
> Hi, all.
>
> ko lately opt-in change set 325fbd3255b5
>
> Thanks.
>
> Channy

Hi Channy,

sadly, the Korean builds are still red. Both on
http://tinderbox.mozilla.org/showbuilds.cgi?tree=Mozilla-l10n-ko and on
http://l10n.mozilla.org/buildbot/waterfall, with the latest comparison
run being http://l10n.mozilla.org/buildbot/compare/hg-langpack/2589.

I had to kick my master to pick up changes again, sadly, should be fine
for now again.

Axel

> On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 4:02 AM, Axel Hecht <l10n@mozilla.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> please follow up to this thread to opt in for Beta 1.
>>
>> We're string frozen since Thursday, and code freeze is Sept 30th at
>> 11:59pm PDT.
>>
>> An extra would be if you could provide a link to hg.m.o referencing the
>> changeset you want to get in.
>>
>> This release is a bit new, and is likely going to be done by hand by the
>> release team.
>>
>> Sorry for the late announcement, I have issues with my connectivity in
>> my home office.
>>
>> Release criteria are green on tinderbox and l10n dashboard.
>>
>> Seth is looking into QA ideas for B2 and RCs.
>>
>> Axel

Axel
10/2/2008 9:24:34 AM
Axel Hecht wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> please follow up to this thread to opt in for Beta 1.
>
> We're string frozen since Thursday, and code freeze is Sept 30th at
> 11:59pm PDT.
>
> An extra would be if you could provide a link to hg.m.o referencing the
> changeset you want to get in.
>
> This release is a bit new, and is likely going to be done by hand by the
> release team.
>
> Sorry for the late announcement, I have issues with my connectivity in
> my home office.
>
> Release criteria are green on tinderbox and l10n dashboard.
>
> Seth is looking into QA ideas for B2 and RCs.
>
> Axel

Signed, sealed, delivered.

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=458056 has the final
patches with the localizations for Beta 1.

We're having 36 languages on, including en-US, not counting ja-JP-mac.
That is a great achievement, given that this is the first release from
hg we're doing.

I would like to thank all of you for doing the additional step with
specifying the changeset, that's a good addition in getting to a
reliable release process.

Thanks, and onwards to Beta 2.

As I indicated, we'll need a short window of closing the repositories
during the branching and tagging. I'll make sure there's a post in this
group for that.

Axel
0
Axel