Web parts: upcoming deadline for Snippets, update on Web Parts

Hi,
quick update on Web parts, since the release date for Northern Spring
Campaign is approaching fast.

iOS won't be released on June 2nd, we'll try to reuse as many strings as
possible (if not all of them) from the existing work that it will happen.

*Snippets - 25 May*
A few locales (ja, pl, ru) still have a pending request for snippets.
Some of them are about iOS, so they won't be used in this campaign, but
it's important to have them on file for the future.

*Campaign - 2 Jun*
The campaign is spread across several files with small updates. The
removal of iOS made priorities a bit more confused. If you need to pick
some files to start from, in order of importance:

firefox/whatsnew_38.lang
It will be displayed to all users on update.

main.lang
Shared strings, some used in the firstrun page for 38.0.5

mozorg/home/index.lang
Hello screen sharing tile

firefox/hello.lang
Screen sharing feature

Let us know if you have any doubts or need help.

Francesco
0
Francesco
5/20/2015 5:54:16 AM
mozilla.dev.l10n.web 1635 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

web web web

Using Web Parts and DataBinding across Web Parts with Ajax Update Panels.
Sorry in advance if this is better suited to the data presentation controls forum, but I'm not having a problem there, it's unique to web parts.  OK, I have two different Web User Controls (.ascx files) that have GridViews on them. They're all wrapped with Ajax update panels, so when a new row is added or an existing row is edited, etc. it's not a full postback. Great, looks awesome.Here's my issue, hopefully someone has run into this before. Let's call the Gridviews GV_A and GV_B. When I add a new record to GV_A, the database creates a new ID for the record behi...

Enumerating all the web parts on a page
I have a web part that needs to examine every other web part on a given page for info. I've tried two approaches, but neither seems to be the answer I'm looking for. First, I tried getting a reference to Parent (which returns the WebPartManager) and enumerating through it's Controls (or WebParts) collection. This almost works - it gives me every web part in the same WebPartZone as my web part. But it doesn't give me all the web parts in the other zones. Example:            WebPartManager wpm = (WebPartManager)this.Pa...

Atlas and Web Parts / Web Part Framework
How is Microsoft differentiating Atlas from Web Parts and the Web Part Framework? Which is the right one to use when? Web Parts provide a rich infrastructure in ASP.NET to build composite, personalized application UI from individual components. Atlas provides a richer environment in the browser client for application UI to run more interactively. These are complementary technologies. In the future, web parts and Atlas will work together in a couple of important ways. First, the web parts infrastructure will take advantage of Atlas to provide even richer client-side intera...

Cannot change web part title bar properties when web part is within an update panel
We have some web parts that are wrapped within an update panel. The entire web part zone is wrapped in the update panel, as noted in other places on this forum. The problem is, any attempts to set properties within the title bar of the web part don't work (if done programatically) within the update panel. For example, if I add a web part, and then in the OnInit() function, I do this: this.Title = "My new title"; Then when I run the program, the title bar simply says, "Untitled". Is there a way to make ths work??? For the record, his is a snippet of the HTML to show the order of the cont...

Web part in MOSS not showing in the "Add Web Parts" web page dialog in the nested sites
hey guys,  I created a web part and it seems to work fine ( I followed  the Sahil's article: http://www.codeguru.com/csharp/.net/net_asp/webforms/article.php/c12293__1/)I added the web part using the page:_layouts/NewDwp.aspx located in the profiles site, which is http://ServerName/sites/MySite/then I asked a coworker to try the web part, he went to his profile, click in Site Actions, Edit page, Add a Web Part and he wasn't able to see it in the list, so he needed to go to Site Settings -> Web Parts -> New -> check the web part and click on Populate Gallery. S...

Web part Personalization and Web part custom designing
  Hi all          1. I m using a GridView control in my Web Part. In that GridView i control the columns to be displayed by generating queries in run time. In my page i have six GridView controls in six web parts. Each user can customize their GridView columns. My actual requirement is i want to get the each individual user customized details when they logged in again.How can I done this plz give me a suggestion by code.    2. I want to display my web part have a rounded corner title. how can I done this. I a...

Sharepoint help! Error msg : "A Web Part or Web Form Control on this Web Part Page cannot be displayed or imported because it is not registered on this site as safe"
hihi, I have set up a testing virtual server on my local machine. I installed win server 2003, wss 2.0, sql server 2000, and visual studio .net 2003. i tried to create a project in C# but when i build it and import the web part (.dwp) into the page, there is this error msg "A Web Part or Web Form Control on this Web Part Page cannot be displayed or imported because it is not registered on this site as safe"  I seached most of the sites and they informed that the problem lies in the safe control in web.config i enter the safe control in web.config but i does not know where to put ...

List web parts and web part zones from another page
Hi I'm working on an administration page that clones the content of a page within our cms. Thats the easy bit. The difficult bit is I want to be able to clone the webparts, their locations and their content that are on said page. I've been looking at the SqlPersonalizationProvider but dont think i can solve my problem by calling anything within that. I've also been looking at the webpartmanager and there does not seem to be a way of calling the methods within this class to get the content of a different page. Does anyone have any ideas how i would get the web part inform...

Web part performance concern as # of available web parts increase
Perhaps I'm missing a certain element to the Web part framework. I'm slowly scaling up the number of Web parts that I have on a particular page that I have. It's not completely impossible for me to think of this page eventually having tens of Web parts available for looking at little cross sections of data in the system to provide a dashboard. Of course, a user may only have 10 or so visible. I only have four parts on my page right now within WebPartZones. What I notice is that even if my personalization settings have various WebParts configured as not to show, it runs through the data ...

Web forms and web parts
Alright, I have a site that I'm tired of updating every time the guy wants to add a pic and change some text.  Being it's all Static currently I assume the best way to solve this is to give him admin priveledges to add text, upload a pic, both to a database, and then just select from that database when the page loads.  I haven't done much with web parts but is there a way to do this with that, or is what I mentioned the best way to handle the situation.  thx I should not there' ~ 8 pages I want to do this with. bump...

Web Capture Web part
In weblogs, I saw this blog on web capture add-in for Office 2003. http://weblogs.asp.net/Roberdan/archive/2004/09/18/231171.aspx Does this only work with sharepoint? Take a look at this post/Fredrik Normén - fredrikn @ twitterMicrosoft MVP, MCSD, MCAD, MCTASPInsidersMy Blog...

Web part or web application
I need to know if it's possible to build or find and application like this: It will be in our intranet.  I need for anyone internal in our domain to be able to not have to login at all just go to the application or web page/site.  Then they need to be able to submit a form that has an issue number, employee name, employee number, issue description, date, and also have a submit to drop down that has a list of position names(like welding supervisor, human resources, information systems).  Then when they click submit I need it to automatically e-mail the submitted to person...

Invoke Ajax OnClick from Provider Web Part to Consumer Web Part
I am attempting to manage an ajax connection by calling a button onclick method on a separate web part in order to force the partial postback on the consumer.  Web part A (Provider) invokes the method on Web Part B (Consumer) Web Part A Type t = myButton.GetType();            object[] p = new object[1];            p[0] = EventArgs.Empty;            MethodInfo m = t.GetMethod("OnClick", BindingFlags.NonPublic | ...

Web resources about - Web parts: upcoming deadline for Snippets, update on Web Parts - mozilla.dev.l10n.web

Snippet (programming) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Snippet is a programming term for a small region of re-usable source code , machine code , or text. Ordinarily, these are formally defined operative ...

Introducing Runnable JavaScript, CSS, and HTML Code Snippets
On Stack Overflow and our other code-related sites, creating a minimal, complete, and verifiable example is the best way to get an answer to ...

UpWord Notes - Jot lists, thoughts & snippets with Dropbox backup & reminders (like Astrid) on the App ...
Get UpWord Notes - Jot lists, thoughts & snippets with Dropbox backup & reminders (like Astrid) on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, ...

google two snippet - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
www.seroundtable.com/archives/019214.html

Bing Update, MSN Cloaking, Google Snippets & Community News - YouTube
http://www.SERoundtable.com/ - This week's video is a bit longer than most, but that is okay, next week there won't be a video recap. Bing seemed ...

LaunchBar 5.5: Introducing Snippets
Nifty new feature in one of my all-time favorite Mac apps.

Sydney trainer Peter Snowden collects National Sprint with Snippets Land with double on Black Opal Stakes ...
Leading Sydney trainer Peter Snowden enjoyed a 100 per cent success rate on Black Opal Stakes Day.

NSW state election 2015 snippets: Birthday cards; Barry O'Farrell one of 20 MPs to leave politics
And so farewell then to 20 MPs. Most embraced their steroid-driven parliamentary superannuation but some are first-termers who fell under ICAC's ...

$15.5 million Rothschild Prayerbook just a snippet of Kerry Stokes' art collection
Businessman Kerry Stokes' $15 million phone call won him a rare and splendid art work soon to be on show in Melbourne.

Coldplay Play Snippet of 'Princess of China' Video Live in Concert
A 'gangsta goth geisha' Riri channels her inner goddess persona in the sneak peek to the upcoming music video.