New AMO strings: asking for context

Hello!
I have a couple of question for the last update of AMO LC_MESSAGES/django.p=
o regarding strings with clauses divided by "=E2=80=93", such as:

Reviewer Tools =E2=80=93 Add-ons for Firefox
Reviewer Moderation Log =E2=80=93 Add-ons for Firefox
 =E2=80=93 Reviewer Tools =E2=80=93 Add-ons for Firefox

filtered link:https://pontoon.mozilla.org/it/amo/all-resources/?status=3Dfu=
zzy%2Cmissing&search=3D%E2%80%93&string=3D210028

etc.=20

Are these "title" attributes for the web page?

Also, "Reviewer" (singular) means that we are displaying the page of a part=
icular reviewer, as opponed to a generic page for reviewers?

Lastly, is there any way to access the reviewer's portion of the test site =
to check where these strings will go?

Thank you!

Sara
0
sara
5/18/2020 4:50:30 PM
mozilla.dev.l10n.web 1631 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Hello Sara,

Thank you for your questions. See my answers after checking with several
people from the team.

Peiying

On 5/18/20 9:50 AM, sara todaro wrote:
> Hello!
> I have a couple of question for the last update of AMO LC_MESSAGES/django.po regarding strings with clauses divided by "–", such as:
>
> Reviewer Tools – Add-ons for Firefox
> Reviewer Moderation Log – Add-ons for Firefox
>   – Reviewer Tools – Add-ons for Firefox
>
> filtered link:https://pontoon.mozilla.org/it/amo/all-resources/?status=fuzzy%2Cmissing&search=%E2%80%93&string=210028
>
> etc.
>
> Are these "title" attributes for the web page?
The hyphen is only a separator. The first part of the title specifies
what the particular page is for ("Reviewer Moderation Log"), and the
second part is the name of the site ("Add-ons for Firefox"). That's how
titles are handled in the user-facing front-end, for example in this
page <https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/extensions/> ("Extensions
– Add-ons for Firefox").
> Also, "Reviewer" (singular) means that we are displaying the page of a particular reviewer, as opponed to a generic page for reviewers?
In those titles, "Reviewer" is referring to the group of reviewers
rather than an individual reviewer. So, for instance, "Reviewer
Moderation Log" shows a log of the moderation activity of all reviewers.

> Lastly, is there any way to access the reviewer's portion of the test site to check where these strings will go?
Reviewer tools in general need special permissions. Though the team can
give some permissions temporarily on the dev instance on a case-by-case
basis, but ideally they'd prefer to keep it limited. Therefore, this
feature can't be tested for localization.

> Thank you!
>
> Sara
pmo
5/19/2020 6:57:26 PM
Dear Peiying,

thank you for your prompt answer.
I really appreciate you checking with the AMO team.
Thank you for clearing my doubts regarding the first two questions.

As for the inability to check the localization, I fully understand.

Best regards,

Sara
0
sara