installer-help.lang (stub installer failing -> fallback download page on mozilla.org)

Hi guys,

I put a new lang file on mozilla.org, this is an help page that shows up
of for some reason the stub installer for Firefox is not working and
this page proposes a direct install:

Generic:
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/installer-help/

With a parameter added by the installer:
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/installer-help/?channel=release

It's 5 strings only to get this feature activated for your locale.

Check your webdashboard status:
http://l10n.mozilla-community.org/webdashboard/

Cheers

Pascal
0
Pascal
10/25/2013 6:51:41 AM
mozilla.dev.l10n.web 1624 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Install Fails: Unable to extract installation data downloaded from the web
My system crashed today and I decided on a clean install, Windows7 (not 64bits) I downloaded the online installer (RAD STUDIO XE2 Professional) from my registered downloads (incl. update 4). I started the installer. It gets past the "Collecting data" stage and then fails with "Unable to extract installation data downloaded from the web" and the install is borked. I started the installer, this time as administrator. It gets past the "Collecting data" stage and then fails with "Unable to extract installation data downloaded from the web...

Error installing D2007 on Win7
I am trying to setup a VM with Delphi 2007 & 2009. The first step - to install 2007 fails just as it is about to start installing the files. It gives me an error box (Retry Download) - downloading of installation data from the web has failed. Please make sure you are connected to the Internet Well - I am connected and can reach FTP and web sites from the VM. The VM is Win 7 Pro. I get options to resume or start from the begining - both fail. Thoughts as to what might be causing this?? Bradley MacDonald brad_AT_timeacct_DOT_com Try installing from media or the ISO...

HELP: HELP: HELP: Not able to see Bugzilla web page when I install Bugzilla for window
Hi There, I would appreciate if someone can help me to resolve the issue : Not able t= o see Bugzilla web page when I execute "testserver.pl" with my company doma= in name. Please see below environment and step by step I took to install B= ugzilla for windows: Environment: MS windows 7(64-bit) Installed on VM version 8 Steps I took to install BugZilla windows: 1. Installed ActivePerl-5.20.2.2001-MSWin32. (ActivePerl-5.20.2.2001-= MSWin32-x64) 2. Installed Perl modules (Per Bugzilla 5.1 documentation) 3. Installed Mysql-installer-community-5.6.24...

MSDE Installation Help -- Installation Error (SetUp Failed To Configure The Server.) Help!
Dear Forum,   I am attempting to install MSDE to my PC in order to work with databases from my ASP.NET Web Matrix program.  So far I was able to do the following... Drop to the command line a extract the MSDE files from a CD ROM Select and initiate the setup.exe file and begin running the installation However, the installation gets hung up when attempting to configure the server.  I checked the error logs and the last log entry prior to the installation error message reads... "SQL Server is terminating due to 'stop' request from Service Control Manager." After which...

To install or not to install?

Can't Install XE2 help From Web Installer
Keeps giving me the following error: "Unable to load Plug-in library. Please rebuild your project and make sure all required plugins are installed." The main install worked fine - just can't get the help to install. > {quote:title=Nigel Tavendale wrote:}{quote} > Keeps giving me the following error: > > "Unable to load Plug-in library. Please rebuild your project and make sure all required plugins are installed." > > The main install worked fine - just can't get the help to install. I can't get anything install at all with the s...

Help
Hi, 1) I have created a web deployment package (called LDD_WebSetup.msi and related exe file). I deployed the web application to the server (SPC7Server) and it worked fine. This was four weeks ago. 2) I made changes to some Crystal Reports and recompiled the web application on my development computer. Everything works fine. So I rebuilt the deployment package. 3) I copy the web deployment package created in 2) above to SPC7Server . I unstalled the web application that was installed in 1) above four weeks ago (thru Add/Remove Programs). Then I in...

D2010 cannot Install downloading from the web has failed
Hi Guys (and gals!) Hoping someone can help as nothing on the forum so far! The D2010 installer is refusing to download from the web and giving the above error before even a byte has been transferred. It did it at the dot net download so to get over the first hurdle I manually downloaded and installed the DOT NET 3.5 SP1 executeable which then happily installed the rest of its stuff from the internet so I'm guessing from this that a) the Internet is not broke and b) Microsoft write better Installers than Codegear;-) Any pointers as to where to look for a sensible error mes...

Install keeps failing : Cannot install windows installer 3.1
Hello,This is quite weird, whenever I try to install VS 2005 .net express, I get a failure right at the start of the installation process, the installer says : Could'nt install Windows installer 3.1 ....sigh, I'll never get this to work ..thanks Can you try to install Windows installer 3.1 from the Microsoft web site?http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=889482fc-5f56-4a38-b838-de776fd4138c   Let us know if that works? Thanks. -Bret...

WEB Services : The transaction install has completed.The installation failed, and the rollback has been performed.
hi all ,             I am getting following Error;"The transaction install has completed.The installation failed, and the rollback has been performed." while inter acting with  web services Installutil <exe path>            Thanks & Regards,Murthy. Please provide some information. What do you mean, "interacting with web services installutil"? installutil usually provides better error messages than that. The part of the message you included is not ...

Installation of the Web Platform Installer
I am trying to install the Web Platform Installer and the Visual Web Developer 2008 Express with SP1 failed.  Does that mean i have problems or is that normal, i have the 2008 Studio already installed. Also it is sitting on Installing .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 for a while is that normal. I had a similar issue and had to uninstall VWD. After that running the Web Platform Installer worked perfectly."Peace is Every Step." -Thich Nhat Hanh Defisher_inf:I am trying to install the Web Platform Installer... Then you probably would be better posting in the Web Platform...

Installation fails while installing package
Hi, I'm installing openSUSE 11.2 on a notebook from DVD + locally mirrored update and kde4 buildservice repositories. This usually worked fine, but this time, the installation always fails at about 89% while installing some package, whose name I can't find out. Its script fails with error 127, the error message blocks access to the log. Is there a way to continue the installation process afterwards, instead of always trying to reinstall and hoping to find out the name of the failing package? Other ideas also appreciated... Thanks in advance, Armin -- joloran...

During installation of Visual Web Developer, SQL Server 2005 Express x86 failed to install
I download the ISO file for Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition. I am installing it on a standalone computer in a lab. For security reasons, the standalone computer is not allowed to have Internet access, thus the reason for using the ISO to install. The standalone computer is: Windows 2000 (5.00.2195 Service Pack 4) (not server OS, desktop OS) It has SQL Server 2000 installed along with Enterprise Manager, etc. The installation of the Windows Installer, the NET Framework and Visual Web Developer went fine. But...SQL Server 2005 failed to install.  As far as I can tell, there...

installation sends you to web page which then shows the download dialog again
Name: Dave Combs Email: combsatpoboxdotcom Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: installation sends you to web page which then shows the download dialog again Comments: I installed Firefox 3.5 RC2. When it started Firefox again, it showed the page about what's new, but also then popped up the dialog asking if I wanted to save the download file. Since I just did the save and install, putting up the dialog again isn't needed (and would be confusing to some.) Cheers, and thanks for an excellent browser! Dave Combs Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; W...

Welcome web pages for oes failed to install all required rpm
I tried to upgrade SLE9 to OES SP1. When I tried to setup OES component, it told me somthing need to be installed -- "Novell OES base"....and then prompt up "Welcome page ... need to be installed", after click install, I got this error message: " Welcome web pages for oes failed to install all required rpm" Any idea? Jacky, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the followi...

Web resources about - installer-help.lang (stub installer failing -> fallback download page on mozilla.org) - mozilla.dev.l10n.web

We need your help testing the new Minecraft installer! Again! : Minecraft
*(This is a continuation from [this post from last...

Obama’s new plan to help veterans find jobs: Turn them into solar panel installers
... of the nation’s clean energy economy.” The Department of Energy already has an initiative — the Solar Instructor Training Network — that helps ...