Copyright website update

Hi,

As I was teasing in the last l10n report [1], changecopyright.org is
finally getting a revamp this month! We now have a better idea of the
scope and I’ve just pushed the biggest chunk of content for the update.
It’s basically a new website, let me share the specifics below.

We’re not adding a timeline in the end, but we do have a call tool, and
it will be localized! I think it’s the first time we’re doing that, so
hopefully everything goes well.
The website goals have changed: we’re switching from engaging everyone
in Europe to asking people from very specific countries to call their
MEP using our call tool. For this reason, we will only support the
following languages:
English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Polish.

*New strings*

The new strings pushed are for the new landing page:
https://redpen.io/cp4435967f9a4ff3b0
And the new Impact page: https://redpen.io/br565e7f7003783b85

The Impact page explains the bill to visitors, so that they can have a
deep enough understanding of the issues, and what we fight, so that
their ask is relevant when they talk to MEPs. That’s a complicated bill,
so it unfortunately it has quite some text.

Some terms can probably be reused from the one-pager translated earlier
this year:

English:
https://changecopyright.org/pdfs/moz_whitePaper_copyright_digital_english_color_2.0.pdf

German:
https://changecopyright.org/pdfs/moz_whitePaper_copyright_digital_german_color_2.0.pdf

French:
https://changecopyright.org/pdfs/moz_whitePaper_copyright_digital_french_color_2.0.pdf

Spanish:
https://changecopyright.org/pdfs/moz_whitePaper_copyright_digital_spanish_color_2.0.pdf

Italian:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8po55rC8WGXdDhDZl9fVlpqd3M/view?usp=sharing

*Call tool*

It consists in a call script and an input field to enter your phone
number. The Call Power platform [2] will then call you back on your
phone to connect you with the MEP. Before you can talk to the MEP, you
will hear a voice message explaining what happens, this will be
localized and we will get voice talents to record the sentence. This
string should be localized in priority and is in the
call_tool.properties file.

Here’s how the call tool looks:
https://redpen.io/wa27981f9e95a27abd

The call script copy is not yet final, the strings will be exposed
later. Same for the thank you + sharing screen.

*Deadlines*

We will be able to start activating locales for a soft launch as soon as
the template is ready, with a hard launch at the end of the month when
MEPs are back from holidays.

If you’re not interested in translating this project, or won’t have time
to translate everything before September, please let me know as soon as
possible so I can find alternatives.

Happy to answer any question in the meantime! And if you have doubts
with some policy-related stuff, I can loop in the Policy team to help
clarify. There is no staging server yet since the new template has not
been coded yet, but the layout will be very similar to the mockups I’ve
posted here, so we should have enough context to start localization. I
will, of course, post an update here once the template is live for testing.

Cheers,
Théo

[1] https://blog.mozilla.org/l10n/2017/08/02/l10n-report-august-edition/
[2] http://callpower.org/
0
Theo
8/11/2017 5:24:20 PM
mozilla.dev.l10n.web 1531 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Hi Théo,

> The call script copy is not yet final, the strings will be exposed
> later. Same for the thank you + sharing screen.

And how many new strings (and words) are still to come? And when? And
will it be enough after that or is Mozilla planning to ask for more?

Regards,

Michael
0
UTF
8/11/2017 6:15:06 PM
Le 11/08/2017 à 19:15, Michael 'Coce' Köhler a écrit :
> Hi Théo,
>
>> The call script copy is not yet final, the strings will be exposed
>> later. Same for the thank you + sharing screen.
>
> And how many new strings (and words) are still to come? And when? And
> will it be enough after that or is Mozilla planning to ask for more?

Hi Michael,

The remaining strings are more or less what you can see in the mockups,
pending minor tweaks due to implementation or legal requirements (e.g.
if we have to state that calls are not recorded). I should be able to
expose then as soon as the implementation details have been sorted out,
hopefully next week.

For the website that should be all. For the campaign, not everything is
planned yet but we will at the very least send an email early September,
and maybe get snippets and coverage in social media.

Hope this helps you get a better overview :)

Théo

> Regards,
>
> Michael

0
Theo

Probably easier to see on this view https://redpen.io/p/jm78b588f0cbc7dd15

> pending minor tweaks due to implementation or legal requirements (e.g.
> if we have to state that calls are not recorded). I should be able to
> expose then as soon as the implementation details have been sorted out,
> hopefully next week.
>
> For the website that should be all. For the campaign, not everything is
> planned yet but we will at the very least send an email early September,
> and maybe get snippets and coverage in social media.
>
> Hope this helps you get a better overview :)
>
> Théo
>

>> Regards,
>>
>> Michael

0
Theo
8/11/2017 6:46:56 PM
Hi Théo,

> Probably easier to see on this view
> https://redpen.io/p/jm78b588f0cbc7dd15

Thanks, this doesn’t look too bad. Still, I hope if there are e-mails
and social media snippets, they are short.

Have a nice weekend,

Michael
0
UTF
8/11/2017 6:56:03 PM
Hi Théo.

I have noticed the project is still shown on webdashboard and webstatus
overview for all locales having it enabled before.

Michal Stanke

Dne 11.8.2017 v 19:24 Theo Chevalier napsal(a):
> [...]
> later. Same for the thank you + sharing screen.
>

> *Deadlines*
>
> We will be able to start activating locales for a soft launch as soon
> as the template is ready, with a hard launch at the end of the month
> when MEPs are back from holidays.
>
> If you’re not interested in translating this project, or won’t have
> time to translate everything before September, please let me know as
> soon as possible so I can find alternatives.
>
> Happy to answer any question in the meantime! And if you have doubts
> with some policy-related stuff, I can loop in the Policy team to help
> clarify. There is no staging server yet since the new template has not
> been coded yet, but the layout will be very similar to the mockups
> I’ve posted here, so we should have enough context to start
> localization. I will, of course, post an update here once the template

Michal
8/12/2017 7:29:37 AM
Hi Michal,

Good catch, didn’t notice that! I will actually have to keep the old
strings and locales around in the repository for a few more days until
we have the new template, just in case we need to push anything to
production (for security reasons for instance). Then I’ll remove them
and they will vanish from the dashboard.

Théo

Le 12/08/2017 à 08:29, Michal Stanke a écrit :
> [...]
>> later. Same for the thank you + sharing screen.
>>

>> *Deadlines*
>>
>> We will be able to start activating locales for a soft launch as soon
>> as the template is ready, with a hard launch at the end of the month
>> when MEPs are back from holidays.
>>
>> If you’re not interested in translating this project, or won’t have
>> time to translate everything before September, please let me know as
>> soon as possible so I can find alternatives.
>>
>> Happy to answer any question in the meantime! And if you have doubts
>> with some policy-related stuff, I can loop in the Policy team to help
>> clarify. There is no staging server yet since the new template has not
>> been coded yet, but the layout will be very similar to the mockups
>> I’ve posted here, so we should have enough context to start
>> localization. I will, of course, post an update here once the template

Theo
8/14/2017 9:26:21 AM
> [...]

>> later. Same for the thank you + sharing screen.
>>

>> *Deadlines*
>>
>> We will be able to start activating locales for a soft launch as soon
>> as the template is ready, with a hard launch at the end of the month
>> when MEPs are back from holidays.
>>
>> If you’re not interested in translating this project, or won’t have
>> time to translate everything before September, please let me know as
>> soon as possible so I can find alternatives.
>>
>> Happy to answer any question in the meantime! And if you have doubts
>> with some policy-related stuff, I can loop in the Policy team to help
>> clarify. There is no staging server yet since the new template has not
>> been coded yet, but the layout will be very similar to the mockups
>> I’ve posted here, so we should have enough context to start
>> localization. I will, of course, post an update here once the template

Theo