Copyright website update

Hi,

As I was teasing in the last l10n report [1], changecopyright.org is
finally getting a revamp this month! We now have a better idea of the
scope and I’ve just pushed the biggest chunk of content for the update.
It’s basically a new website, let me share the specifics below.

We’re not adding a timeline in the end, but we do have a call tool, and
it will be localized! I think it’s the first time we’re doing that, so
hopefully everything goes well.
The website goals have changed: we’re switching from engaging everyone
in Europe to asking people from very specific countries to call their
MEP using our call tool. For this reason, we will only support the
following languages:
English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Polish.

*New strings*

The new strings pushed are for the new landing page:
https://redpen.io/cp4435967f9a4ff3b0
And the new Impact page: https://redpen.io/br565e7f7003783b85

The Impact page explains the bill to visitors, so that they can have a
deep enough understanding of the issues, and what we fight, so that
their ask is relevant when they talk to MEPs. That’s a complicated bill,
so it unfortunately it has quite some text.

Some terms can probably be reused from the one-pager translated earlier
this year:

English:
https://changecopyright.org/pdfs/moz_whitePaper_copyright_digital_english_color_2.0.pdf

German:
https://changecopyright.org/pdfs/moz_whitePaper_copyright_digital_german_color_2.0.pdf

French:
https://changecopyright.org/pdfs/moz_whitePaper_copyright_digital_french_color_2.0.pdf

Spanish:
https://changecopyright.org/pdfs/moz_whitePaper_copyright_digital_spanish_color_2.0.pdf

Italian:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8po55rC8WGXdDhDZl9fVlpqd3M/view?usp=sharing

*Call tool*

It consists in a call script and an input field to enter your phone
number. The Call Power platform [2] will then call you back on your
phone to connect you with the MEP. Before you can talk to the MEP, you
will hear a voice message explaining what happens, this will be
localized and we will get voice talents to record the sentence. This
string should be localized in priority and is in the
call_tool.properties file.

Here’s how the call tool looks:
https://redpen.io/wa27981f9e95a27abd

The call script copy is not yet final, the strings will be exposed
later. Same for the thank you + sharing screen.

*Deadlines*

We will be able to start activating locales for a soft launch as soon as
the template is ready, with a hard launch at the end of the month when
MEPs are back from holidays.

If you’re not interested in translating this project, or won’t have time
to translate everything before September, please let me know as soon as
possible so I can find alternatives.

Happy to answer any question in the meantime! And if you have doubts
with some policy-related stuff, I can loop in the Policy team to help
clarify. There is no staging server yet since the new template has not
been coded yet, but the layout will be very similar to the mockups I’ve
posted here, so we should have enough context to start localization. I
will, of course, post an update here once the template is live for testing.

Cheers,
Théo

[1] https://blog.mozilla.org/l10n/2017/08/02/l10n-report-august-edition/
[2] http://callpower.org/
0
Theo
8/11/2017 5:24:20 PM
mozilla.dev.l10n.web 1565 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Hi Théo,

> The call script copy is not yet final, the strings will be exposed
> later. Same for the thank you + sharing screen.

And how many new strings (and words) are still to come? And when? And
will it be enough after that or is Mozilla planning to ask for more?

Regards,

Michael
0
UTF
8/11/2017 6:15:06 PM
Le 11/08/2017 à 19:15, Michael 'Coce' Köhler a écrit :
> Hi Théo,
>
>> The call script copy is not yet final, the strings will be exposed
>> later. Same for the thank you + sharing screen.
>
> And how many new strings (and words) are still to come? And when? And
> will it be enough after that or is Mozilla planning to ask for more?

Hi Michael,

The remaining strings are more or less what you can see in the mockups,
pending minor tweaks due to implementation or legal requirements (e.g.
if we have to state that calls are not recorded). I should be able to
expose then as soon as the implementation details have been sorted out,
hopefully next week.

For the website that should be all. For the campaign, not everything is
planned yet but we will at the very least send an email early September,
and maybe get snippets and coverage in social media.

Hope this helps you get a better overview :)

Théo

> Regards,
>
> Michael

0
Theo

Probably easier to see on this view https://redpen.io/p/jm78b588f0cbc7dd15

> pending minor tweaks due to implementation or legal requirements (e.g.
> if we have to state that calls are not recorded). I should be able to
> expose then as soon as the implementation details have been sorted out,
> hopefully next week.
>
> For the website that should be all. For the campaign, not everything is
> planned yet but we will at the very least send an email early September,
> and maybe get snippets and coverage in social media.
>
> Hope this helps you get a better overview :)
>
> Théo
>

>> Regards,
>>
>> Michael

0
Theo
8/11/2017 6:46:56 PM
Hi Théo,

> Probably easier to see on this view
> https://redpen.io/p/jm78b588f0cbc7dd15

Thanks, this doesn’t look too bad. Still, I hope if there are e-mails
and social media snippets, they are short.

Have a nice weekend,

Michael
0
UTF
8/11/2017 6:56:03 PM
Hi Théo.

I have noticed the project is still shown on webdashboard and webstatus
overview for all locales having it enabled before.

Michal Stanke

Dne 11.8.2017 v 19:24 Theo Chevalier napsal(a):
> [...]
> later. Same for the thank you + sharing screen.
>

> *Deadlines*
>
> We will be able to start activating locales for a soft launch as soon
> as the template is ready, with a hard launch at the end of the month
> when MEPs are back from holidays.
>
> If you’re not interested in translating this project, or won’t have
> time to translate everything before September, please let me know as
> soon as possible so I can find alternatives.
>
> Happy to answer any question in the meantime! And if you have doubts
> with some policy-related stuff, I can loop in the Policy team to help
> clarify. There is no staging server yet since the new template has not
> been coded yet, but the layout will be very similar to the mockups
> I’ve posted here, so we should have enough context to start
> localization. I will, of course, post an update here once the template

Michal
8/12/2017 7:29:37 AM
Hi Michal,

Good catch, didn’t notice that! I will actually have to keep the old
strings and locales around in the repository for a few more days until
we have the new template, just in case we need to push anything to
production (for security reasons for instance). Then I’ll remove them
and they will vanish from the dashboard.

Théo

Le 12/08/2017 à 08:29, Michal Stanke a écrit :
> [...]
>> later. Same for the thank you + sharing screen.
>>

>> *Deadlines*
>>
>> We will be able to start activating locales for a soft launch as soon
>> as the template is ready, with a hard launch at the end of the month
>> when MEPs are back from holidays.
>>
>> If you’re not interested in translating this project, or won’t have
>> time to translate everything before September, please let me know as
>> soon as possible so I can find alternatives.
>>
>> Happy to answer any question in the meantime! And if you have doubts
>> with some policy-related stuff, I can loop in the Policy team to help
>> clarify. There is no staging server yet since the new template has not
>> been coded yet, but the layout will be very similar to the mockups
>> I’ve posted here, so we should have enough context to start
>> localization. I will, of course, post an update here once the template

Theo
8/14/2017 9:26:21 AM
> [...]

>> later. Same for the thank you + sharing screen.
>>

>> *Deadlines*
>>
>> We will be able to start activating locales for a soft launch as soon
>> as the template is ready, with a hard launch at the end of the month
>> when MEPs are back from holidays.
>>
>> If you’re not interested in translating this project, or won’t have
>> time to translate everything before September, please let me know as
>> soon as possible so I can find alternatives.
>>
>> Happy to answer any question in the meantime! And if you have doubts
>> with some policy-related stuff, I can loop in the Policy team to help
>> clarify. There is no staging server yet since the new template has not
>> been coded yet, but the layout will be very similar to the mockups
>> I’ve posted here, so we should have enough context to start
>> localization. I will, of course, post an update here once the template

Theo

Thanks to those of you who have already started/completed the work! I’m
still waiting for the last part of content.

In the meantime, if you want to check official translations for the
article titles, you can select your language on this page then perform
searches in English:

http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN-FR/TXT/?uri=CELEX:52016PC0593&from=EN

Hope this helps,
Théo

Le 11/08/2017 à 18:24, Theo Chevalier a écrit :
> [...]
> later. Same for the thank you + sharing screen.
>

> *Deadlines*
>
> We will be able to start activating locales for a soft launch as soon as
> the template is ready, with a hard launch at the end of the month when
> MEPs are back from holidays.
>
> If you’re not interested in translating this project, or won’t have time
> to translate everything before September, please let me know as soon as
> possible so I can find alternatives.
>
> Happy to answer any question in the meantime! And if you have doubts
> with some policy-related stuff, I can loop in the Policy team to help
> clarify. There is no staging server yet since the new template has not
> been coded yet, but the layout will be very similar to the mockups I’ve
> posted here, so we should have enough context to start localization. I
> will, of course, post an update here once the template is live for testing.

0
Theo

I’ve just pushed the second part of the strings for the website.
Latest mockups are here https://redpen.io/p/tjd37e069720f9308a, but make
sure to access them from the resources links on Pontoon as the URL might
change again: https://pontoon.mozilla.org/projects/copyright-campaign/

A few comments: make sure to translate what’s between "[" and "]", those
are not variables. However, what’s between "{" and "}" are variable, and
thus should not be translated. It should be obvious enough in the text,
but mentioning it here just in case.

We’re still 90% confident we can launch at the end of the month and are
drafting emails and social media sends. I will keep everyone updated
here once it’s ready!

Cheers,
Théo

Le 16/08/2017 à 14:24, Theo Chevalier a écrit :
> [...]
>> later. Same for the thank you + sharing screen.
>>

>> *Deadlines*
>>
>> We will be able to start activating locales for a soft launch as soon
>> as the template is ready, with a hard launch at the end of the month
>> when MEPs are back from holidays.
>>
>> If you’re not interested in translating this project, or won’t have
>> time to translate everything before September, please let me know as
>> soon as possible so I can find alternatives.
>>
>> Happy to answer any question in the meantime! And if you have doubts
>> with some policy-related stuff, I can loop in the Policy team to help
>> clarify. There is no staging server yet since the new template has not
>> been coded yet, but the layout will be very similar to the mockups
>> I’ve posted here, so we should have enough context to start
>> localization. I will, of course, post an update here once the template

0
Theo
8/22/2017 8:01:17 PM
Hi Théo,

> We’re still 90% confident we can launch at the end of the month and are
> drafting emails and social media sends.

As the end of the month is quite near by now, I’d just like to ask if
you can already make a guess on the size of the content that’s to come.

Thanks,

Michael
0
UTF

We’ve just learned that the JURI committee vote has changed from October
10th to September 28th, cutting out two weeks of campaign. It shouldn’t
impact much our deadlines, however we might drop some small features
from the website in order to make sure we ship next Thursday.

Right now the only impact is that one string has changed, to reflect the
new date (already on Pontoon). Hopefully translation memory will kick in
or you can find the previous translation here
https://github.com/mozilla/copyright/tree/master/locales

Also I should get social content today (Thursday). For the email it will
take a bit more time as the chain of approval is quite long (MoFo exec
team, Policy, Legal, Email team…). Same for snippets — if we still have
time to get them approved, localized and shipped by mid-September.

You should hear from me again very soon.

Thanks everyone!

Théo

Le 22/08/2017 à 21:01, Theo Chevalier a écrit :
> [...]
>>> later. Same for the thank you + sharing screen.
>>>

>>> *Deadlines*
>>>
>>> We will be able to start activating locales for a soft launch as soon
>>> as the template is ready, with a hard launch at the end of the month
>>> when MEPs are back from holidays.
>>>
>>> If you’re not interested in translating this project, or won’t have
>>> time to translate everything before September, please let me know as
>>> soon as possible so I can find alternatives.
>>>
>>> Happy to answer any question in the meantime! And if you have doubts
>>> with some policy-related stuff, I can loop in the Policy team to help
>>> clarify. There is no staging server yet since the new template has
>>> not been coded yet, but the layout will be very similar to the
>>> mockups I’ve posted here, so we should have enough context to start
>>> localization. I will, of course, post an update here once the

0
Theo
8/24/2017 12:18:24 AM
Le 22/08/2017 à 21:13, Michael 'Coce' Köhler a écrit :
> Hi Théo,
>
>> We’re still 90% confident we can launch at the end of the month and are
>> drafting emails and social media sends.
>
> As the end of the month is quite near by now, I’d just like to ask if
> you can already make a guess on the size of the content that’s to come.

Hi Michael,

It’s really hard to guess, it totally depends on what will come out of
the campaigners’ brains, even them don’t know yet.
However, not everything will need to be ready by the end of the month.
With the date change (see previous email) we may have less flexibility
than expected, but some content will be published up to the end of
September. I hope to have more clarity on the deadlines soon.
And will have a better idea of the volume once it’s in the approval chain.

Cheers,
Théo

> Thanks,
>
> Michael

0
Theo
8/24/2017 12:24:00 AM
Hello again everyone,

This is the final stretch on our localization journey to fight for
better Copyright laws in Europe!

I’ve just exposed the social content, 12 strings, that are split in two
categories:

- Strings added to the Eu Copyright project (10) are what people will be
able to share from the website once they made a call. There are two
variants for each channel.
Once translated, I will work with Federica and Toni, our EU campaign
coordinators for France/Germany/Italy/Spain to identify which variant
should perform better for each locale. For Polish, we will rely on
Piotr’s suggestions or the results of the A/B testing done in English.

- Strings in the Engagement project (2) will be used on Twitter and
Facebook as paid media + shared by Social champions. The deadline for
these is September 3, so we have a bit more time.

Remaining content:

- 3 snippets being approved, should run mid-September
- A 500 words email, in the approval chain too

Will update you as soon as it’s ready!

Cheers,
Théo

Le 24/08/2017 à 01:18, Theo Chevalier a écrit :
> Hi,
>

> We’ve just learned that the JURI committee vote has changed from October
> 10th to September 28th, cutting out two weeks of campaign. It shouldn’t
> impact much our deadlines, however we might drop some small features
> from the website in order to make sure we ship next Thursday.
>
> Right now the only impact is that one string has changed, to reflect the
> new date (already on Pontoon). Hopefully translation memory will kick in
> or you can find the previous translation here
> https://github.com/mozilla/copyright/tree/master/locales
>
> Also I should get social content today (Thursday). For the email it will
> take a bit more time as the chain of approval is quite long (MoFo exec
> team, Policy, Legal, Email team…). Same for snippets — if we still have
> time to get them approved, localized and shipped by mid-September.
>
> You should hear from me again very soon.
>
> Thanks everyone!
>
> Théo
>

> Le 22/08/2017 à 21:01, Theo Chevalier a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>

>> I’ve just pushed the second part of the strings for the website.
>> Latest mockups are here https://redpen.io/p/tjd37e069720f9308a, but
>> make sure to access them from the resources links on Pontoon as the
>> URL might change again:
>> https://pontoon.mozilla.org/projects/copyright-campaign/
>>
>> A few comments: make sure to translate what’s between "[" and "]",
>> those are not variables. However, what’s between "{" and "}" are
>> variable, and thus should not be translated. It should be obvious
>> enough in the text, but mentioning it here just in case.
>>
>> We’re still 90% confident we can launch at the end of the month and
>> are drafting emails and social media sends. I will keep everyone
>> updated here once it’s ready!
>>

>> Cheers,
>> Théo
>>

>> Le 16/08/2017 à 14:24, Theo Chevalier a écrit :
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Thanks to those of you who have already started/completed the work!
>>> I’m still waiting for the last part of content.
>>>
>>> In the meantime, if you want to check official translations for the
>>> article titles, you can select your language on this page then
>>> perform searches in English:
>>>
>>> http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN-FR/TXT/?uri=CELEX:52016PC0593&from=EN
>>>

>>> Hope this helps,
>>> Théo

0
Theo
8/25/2017 2:55:49 PM
(With this, I should stop spamming for this week…)

Sorry Michael, slight copy mishap, just replaced “Copyright is under
threat” with “The internet is under threat”.

On the good news, we’ve updated the staging server with the (WIP) new
template: https://changecopyright-org-staging.herokuapp.com/

I’m fixing a few things to make sure all the strings are correctly
showing up.

Cheers,
Théo

Le 25/08/2017 à 15:55, Theo Chevalier a écrit :
> [...]
>>
>> Thanks everyone!
>>
>> Théo
>>

>> Le 22/08/2017 à 21:01, Theo Chevalier a écrit :
>>> Hi,
>>>

>>> I’ve just pushed the second part of the strings for the website.
>>> Latest mockups are here https://redpen.io/p/tjd37e069720f9308a, but
>>> make sure to access them from the resources links on Pontoon as the
>>> URL might change again:
>>> https://pontoon.mozilla.org/projects/copyright-campaign/
>>>
>>> A few comments: make sure to translate what’s between "[" and "]",
>>> those are not variables. However, what’s between "{" and "}" are
>>> variable, and thus should not be translated. It should be obvious
>>> enough in the text, but mentioning it here just in case.
>>>
>>> We’re still 90% confident we can launch at the end of the month and
>>> are drafting emails and social media sends. I will keep everyone

0
Theo
8/25/2017 4:24:19 PM
Hi Théo,

It appears there are three more strings on the Copyright page but they
don’t show up for me on Pontoon.

I created a pull request to hopefully get this over with quickly.

https://github.com/mozilla/copyright/pull/102

Thanks,

Michael
0
UTF
8/26/2017 7:33:44 PM
Hi Michael,

Thanks, I didn’t notice Pontoon failed to sync :/ CCing Matjaz as I have
no clue what happened with
https://github.com/mozilla/copyright/commit/a68227625005bdfa740b75f13dc9d79e91a0def1

Cheers,
Théo

Le 26/08/2017 à 20:33, Michael 'Coce' Köhler a écrit :
> Hi Théo,
>
> It appears there are three more strings on the Copyright page but they
> don’t show up for me on Pontoon.
>
> I created a pull request to hopefully get this over with quickly.
>
> https://github.com/mozilla/copyright/pull/102
>

> Thanks,
>
> Michael

0
Theo

I see that the strings are now in, thanks to Theo's 2nd try to sync them.

I'll look into what happened on Friday.

-Matja=C5=BE

On Sun, Aug 27, 2017 at 3:56 PM, Theo Chevalier
<theo@mozillafoundation.org> wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> Thanks, I didn=E2=80=99t notice Pontoon failed to sync :/ CCing Matjaz as=
 I have no
> clue what happened with
> https://github.com/mozilla/copyright/commit/a68227625005bdfa740b75f13dc9d=
79e91a0def1

> Cheers,
> Th=C3=A9o
>

> Le 26/08/2017 =C3=A0 20:33, Michael 'Coce' K=C3=B6hler a =C3=A9crit :
>>
>> Hi Th=C3=A9o,
>>
>> It appears there are three more strings on the Copyright page but they
>> don=E2=80=99t show up for me on Pontoon.
>>
>> I created a pull request to hopefully get this over with quickly.
>>
>> https://github.com/mozilla/copyright/pull/102
>>

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Michael

Matjaz
8/27/2017 3:42:17 PM
Hi Theo,
sorry for raising this so near to the deadline, but I wanted to ask about t=
he content of this tweet:
https://pontoon.mozilla.org/it/copyright-campaign/all-resources/?status=3Ds=
uggested&string=3D170254

>Tell @Europarl_EN: #copyright must aid innovation & creation, not curb it.=
 How? A free call to MEPs:

Since the tweet will be localized, does @Europarl_EN need to be changed acc=
ording to each locale, es. in my case @Europarl_IT?

Thank you,

Sara

On Friday, August 11, 2017 at 7:24:25 PM UTC+2, Theo Chevalier wrote:
> [...]
> https://changecopyright.org/pdfs/moz_whitePaper_copyright_digital_english=
_color_2.0.pdf
>=20
> German:=20
> https://changecopyright.org/pdfs/moz_whitePaper_copyright_digital_german_=
color_2.0.pdf
>=20
> French:=20
> https://changecopyright.org/pdfs/moz_whitePaper_copyright_digital_french_=
color_2.0.pdf
>=20
> Spanish:=20
> https://changecopyright.org/pdfs/moz_whitePaper_copyright_digital_spanish=
_color_2.0.pdf
>=20
> Italian:=20
> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8po55rC8WGXdDhDZl9fVlpqd3M/view?usp=3Ds=
haring
>=20
>=20
>=20
> *Call tool*
>=20
> It consists in a call script and an input field to enter your phone=20
> number. The Call Power platform [2] will then call you back on your=20
> phone to connect you with the MEP. Before you can talk to the MEP, you=20
> will hear a voice message explaining what happens, this will be=20
> localized and we will get voice talents to record the sentence. This=20
> string should be localized in priority and is in the=20
> call_tool.properties file.
>=20
> Here=E2=80=99s how the call tool looks:
> https://redpen.io/wa27981f9e95a27abd
>=20
> The call script copy is not yet final, the strings will be exposed=20
> later. Same for the thank you + sharing screen.
>=20
>=20
> *Deadlines*
>=20
> We will be able to start activating locales for a soft launch as soon as=
=20
> the template is ready, with a hard launch at the end of the month when=20
> MEPs are back from holidays.
>=20
> If you=E2=80=99re not interested in translating this project, or won=E2=
=80=99t have time=20
> to translate everything before September, please let me know as soon as=
=20
> possible so I can find alternatives.
>=20
> Happy to answer any question in the meantime! And if you have doubts=20
> with some policy-related stuff, I can loop in the Policy team to help=20
> clarify. There is no staging server yet since the new template has not=20
> been coded yet, but the layout will be very similar to the mockups I=E2=
=80=99ve=20
> posted here, so we should have enough context to start localization. I=20
> will, of course, post an update here once the template is live for testin=

0
sara
8/28/2017 10:37:12 AM
Hi Sara,

No worries, that’s a legit question to raise. I was planning to go and
replace them all before the site is published, so totally fine if you do
it on your own :)

Cheers,
Théo

Le 28/08/2017 à 11:37, sara.todaro@mozillaitalia.org a écrit :
> [...]
>> later. Same for the thank you + sharing screen.
>>

>> *Deadlines*
>>
>> We will be able to start activating locales for a soft launch as soon as
>> the template is ready, with a hard launch at the end of the month when
>> MEPs are back from holidays.
>>
>> If you’re not interested in translating this project, or won’t have time
>> to translate everything before September, please let me know as soon as
>> possible so I can find alternatives.
>>
>> Happy to answer any question in the meantime! And if you have doubts
>> with some policy-related stuff, I can loop in the Policy team to help
>> clarify. There is no staging server yet since the new template has not
>> been coded yet, but the layout will be very similar to the mockups I’ve
>> posted here, so we should have enough context to start localization. I
>> will, of course, post an update here once the template is live for testing.

0
Theo
8/29/2017 8:34:08 AM
Neat, thank you!

Sara

On Tuesday, August 29, 2017 at 10:34:10 AM UTC+2, Theo Chevalier wrote:
> [...]
as
> >> the template is ready, with a hard launch at the end of the month when
> >> MEPs are back from holidays.
> >>
> >> If you=E2=80=99re not interested in translating this project, or won=
=E2=80=99t have time
> >> to translate everything before September, please let me know as soon a=
> >> possible so I can find alternatives.
> >>
> >> Happy to answer any question in the meantime! And if you have doubts
> >> with some policy-related stuff, I can loop in the Policy team to help
> >> clarify. There is no staging server yet since the new template has not
> >> been coded yet, but the layout will be very similar to the mockups I=
=E2=80=99ve
> >> posted here, so we should have enough context to start localization. I
> >> will, of course, post an update here once the template is live for tes=

0
sara
8/29/2017 8:51:57 AM
Hi everyone,

Here is your daily dose of Copyright campaign updates!

- If you’re up to it, you can translate the press announcement and we
will publish it in the following press centers:

https://blog.mozilla.org/press-de/
https://blog.mozilla.org/press-fr/
https://blog.mozilla.org/press-es/
https://blog.mozilla.org/press-it/
https://blog.mozilla.org/press-pl/

Not a blocker if it’s not localized, but having localized versions
greatly increases our chances of press pick-up.

Here is the full statement that will be published on September 5th:
https://docs.google.com/a/mozilla.com/document/d/14-3s2zjtBB42vpzcjdB-_R0T3e1Cx__548Ata8xQitQ/edit?usp=sharing

- I should have 3 short strings tonight for paid social (Facebook only).
We can’t reuse the existing one because it will need to match the design
and the format is different than for a regular Facebook post.
- Snippets and email are still in the approval chain, hope to get them soon.
- The website is still on track!

Cheers,
Théo

Le 25/08/2017 à 17:24, Theo Chevalier a écrit :
> (With this, I should stop spamming for this week…)
>
> Sorry Michael, slight copy mishap, just replaced “Copyright is under
> threat” with “The internet is under threat”.
>
> On the good news, we’ve updated the staging server with the (WIP) new
> template: https://changecopyright-org-staging.herokuapp.com/
>
> I’m fixing a few things to make sure all the strings are correctly
> showing up.
>
> Cheers,
> Théo
>

> Le 25/08/2017 à 15:55, Theo Chevalier a écrit :
>> Hello again everyone,
>>
>> This is the final stretch on our localization journey to fight for
>> better Copyright laws in Europe!
>>
>> I’ve just exposed the social content, 12 strings, that are split in
>> two categories:
>>
>> - Strings added to the Eu Copyright project (10) are what people will
>> be able to share from the website once they made a call. There are two
>> variants for each channel.
>> Once translated, I will work with Federica and Toni, our EU campaign
>> coordinators for France/Germany/Italy/Spain to identify which variant
>> should perform better for each locale. For Polish, we will rely on
>> Piotr’s suggestions or the results of the A/B testing done in English.
>>
>> - Strings in the Engagement project (2) will be used on Twitter and
>> Facebook as paid media + shared by Social champions. The deadline for
>> these is September 3, so we have a bit more time.
>>
>> Remaining content:
>>
>> - 3 snippets being approved, should run mid-September
>> - A 500 words email, in the approval chain too
>>
>> Will update you as soon as it’s ready!
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Théo
>>

>> Le 24/08/2017 à 01:18, Theo Chevalier a écrit :
>>> Hi,
>>>

>>> We’ve just learned that the JURI committee vote has changed from
>>> October 10th to September 28th, cutting out two weeks of campaign. It
>>> shouldn’t impact much our deadlines, however we might drop some small
>>> features from the website in order to make sure we ship next Thursday.
>>>
>>> Right now the only impact is that one string has changed, to reflect
>>> the new date (already on Pontoon). Hopefully translation memory will
>>> kick in or you can find the previous translation here
>>> https://github.com/mozilla/copyright/tree/master/locales
>>>
>>> Also I should get social content today (Thursday). For the email it
>>> will take a bit more time as the chain of approval is quite long
>>> (MoFo exec team, Policy, Legal, Email team…). Same for snippets — if
>>> we still have time to get them approved, localized and shipped by
>>> mid-September.
>>>
>>> You should hear from me again very soon.
>>>
>>> Thanks everyone!
>>>
>>> Théo

0
Theo
> Hi everyone,
>
> Here is your daily dose of Copyright campaign updates!
>
> - If you=E2=80=99re up to it, you can translate the press announcement an=
d we will
> publish it in the following press centers:
>
> https://blog.mozilla.org/press-de/
> https://blog.mozilla.org/press-fr/
> https://blog.mozilla.org/press-es/
> https://blog.mozilla.org/press-it/
> https://blog.mozilla.org/press-pl/
>
> Not a blocker if it=E2=80=99s not localized, but having localized version=
s greatly
> increases our chances of press pick-up.
>
> Here is the full statement that will be published on September 5th:
> https://docs.google.com/a/mozilla.com/document/d/14-3s2zjtBB42vpzcjdB-_R0=
T3e1Cx__548Ata8xQitQ/edit?usp=3Dsharing

So how do we translate it? :)

Best regards,

--=20
Piotr Dr=C4=85g
https://piotrdrag.fedorapeople.org
0
UTF
8/30/2017 1:25:03 PM
Le 30/08/2017 à 14:25, Piotr Drąg a écrit :
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> Here is your daily dose of Copyright campaign updates!
>>
>> - If you’re up to it, you can translate the press announcement and we will
>> publish it in the following press centers:
>>
>> https://blog.mozilla.org/press-de/
>> https://blog.mozilla.org/press-fr/
>> https://blog.mozilla.org/press-es/
>> https://blog.mozilla.org/press-it/
>> https://blog.mozilla.org/press-pl/
>>
>> Not a blocker if it’s not localized, but having localized versions greatly
>> increases our chances of press pick-up.
>>
>> Here is the full statement that will be published on September 5th:
>> https://docs.google.com/a/mozilla.com/document/d/14-3s2zjtBB42vpzcjdB-_R0T3e1Cx__548Ata8xQitQ/edit?usp=sharing
>>

> So how do we translate it? :)

It’s one of the edge cases where we don’t have a specific tool, as we
can’t use Pontoon. So whatever works best for you: Etherpad, Word, Libre
Office, Google Doc…

Théo

> Best regards,

0
Theo

I’ve exposed the email!

Tentative date is September 5, with test emails being sent on the 6th
for you to approve and the actual email on the 7th. But we should be
able to make it slip by a few days if needed.

Cheers,
Théo

Le 30/08/2017 à 13:35, Theo Chevalier a écrit :
> Hi everyone,
>
> Here is your daily dose of Copyright campaign updates!
>
> - If you’re up to it, you can translate the press announcement and we
> will publish it in the following press centers:
>
> https://blog.mozilla.org/press-de/
> https://blog.mozilla.org/press-fr/
> https://blog.mozilla.org/press-es/
> https://blog.mozilla.org/press-it/
> https://blog.mozilla.org/press-pl/
>
> Not a blocker if it’s not localized, but having localized versions
> greatly increases our chances of press pick-up.
>
> Here is the full statement that will be published on September 5th:
> https://docs.google.com/a/mozilla.com/document/d/14-3s2zjtBB42vpzcjdB-_R0T3e1Cx__548Ata8xQitQ/edit?usp=sharing
>

> - I should have 3 short strings tonight for paid social (Facebook only).
> We can’t reuse the existing one because it will need to match the design
> and the format is different than for a regular Facebook post.
> - Snippets and email are still in the approval chain, hope to get them
> soon.
> - The website is still on track!
>

> Cheers,
> Théo
>
> Le 25/08/2017 à 17:24, Theo Chevalier a écrit :
>> (With this, I should stop spamming for this week…)
>>
>> Sorry Michael, slight copy mishap, just replaced “Copyright is under
>> threat” with “The internet is under threat”.
>>
>> On the good news, we’ve updated the staging server with the (WIP) new
>> template: https://changecopyright-org-staging.herokuapp.com/
>>
>> I’m fixing a few things to make sure all the strings are correctly
>> showing up.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Théo
>>

>> Le 25/08/2017 à 15:55, Theo Chevalier a écrit :
>>> Hello again everyone,
>>>
>>> This is the final stretch on our localization journey to fight for
>>> better Copyright laws in Europe!
>>>
>>> I’ve just exposed the social content, 12 strings, that are split in
>>> two categories:
>>>
>>> - Strings added to the Eu Copyright project (10) are what people will
>>> be able to share from the website once they made a call. There are
>>> two variants for each channel.
>>> Once translated, I will work with Federica and Toni, our EU campaign
>>> coordinators for France/Germany/Italy/Spain to identify which variant
>>> should perform better for each locale. For Polish, we will rely on
>>> Piotr’s suggestions or the results of the A/B testing done in English.
>>>
>>> - Strings in the Engagement project (2) will be used on Twitter and
>>> Facebook as paid media + shared by Social champions. The deadline for
>>> these is September 3, so we have a bit more time.
>>>
>>> Remaining content:
>>>
>>> - 3 snippets being approved, should run mid-September
>>> - A 500 words email, in the approval chain too
>>>
>>> Will update you as soon as it’s ready!
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Théo

0
Theo

So, the Commission decided to, again, change to date back to October 10.
And it happened as we were ready to push everything. Bear with me…
New plan:

- https://www.changecopyright.org has been pushed live as a soft launch.
- Press announcement will go live on Monday, with the email too
- Social promotion started

On the strings side:
- I’ve updated the date on the homepage with your previous translation
for October 10, feel free to check I didn’t mess up.
- I’ve changed the date in the email once more and had to slightly edit
a sentence (you can leverage Pontoon’s translation memory for both strings)
- I’ve finally exposed the 3 snippets. Hopefully the translations should
be not much longer than English (I expect some translations of “Member
of the European Parliament” to be shorter).

> [...]

>>> two categories:
>>>
>>> - Strings added to the Eu Copyright project (10) are what people will
>>> be able to share from the website once they made a call. There are
>>> two variants for each channel.
>>> Once translated, I will work with Federica and Toni, our EU campaign
>>> coordinators for France/Germany/Italy/Spain to identify which variant
>>> should perform better for each locale. For Polish, we will rely on
>>> Piotr’s suggestions or the results of the A/B testing done in English.
>>>
>>> - Strings in the Engagement project (2) will be used on Twitter and
>>> Facebook as paid media + shared by Social champions. The deadline for
>>> these is September 3, so we have a bit more time.
>>>
>>> Remaining content:
>>>
>>> - 3 snippets being approved, should run mid-September
>>> - A 500 words email, in the approval chain too

0
Theo
9/6/2017 4:24:43 AM
Hi everyone,

We’ve just made a slight script update as suggested by one of our
partners, you don’t have to translate anything, but you may want to
check the changes.

The update is as follow:

 > “Please reject articles 11 and 13” or “Please include an exception
for user generated content. The future of European innovation depends on
you.”

Becomes:

 > “Please reject articles 11 and 13. The future of European innovation
depends on you.”

Since it’s just about removing one sentence, I went ahead and updated
all locales, but mentioning it here so you can double-check everything
is okay.

Full diff here:
https://github.com/mozilla/copyright/commit/9cbe7c73dd152abb00c80ab0f58a5460dc085edc

Théo

Le 06/09/2017 à 05:24, Theo Chevalier a écrit :
> Hi,
>

> So, the Commission decided to, again, change to date back to October 10.
> And it happened as we were ready to push everything. Bear with me…
> New plan:
>

> - https://www.changecopyright.org has been pushed live as a soft launch.
> - Press announcement will go live on Monday, with the email too
> - Social promotion started
>

> On the strings side:
> - I’ve updated the date on the homepage with your previous translation
> for October 10, feel free to check I didn’t mess up.
> - I’ve changed the date in the email once more and had to slightly edit
> a sentence (you can leverage Pontoon’s translation memory for both strings)
> - I’ve finally exposed the 3 snippets. Hopefully the translations should
> be not much longer than English (I expect some translations of “Member
> of the European Parliament” to be shorter).
>

> Cheers,
> Théo
>

> Le 30/08/2017 à 13:35, Theo Chevalier a écrit :
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> Here is your daily dose of Copyright campaign updates!
>>
>> - If you’re up to it, you can translate the press announcement and we
>> will publish it in the following press centers:
>>
>> https://blog.mozilla.org/press-de/
>> https://blog.mozilla.org/press-fr/
>> https://blog.mozilla.org/press-es/
>> https://blog.mozilla.org/press-it/
>> https://blog.mozilla.org/press-pl/
>>
>> Not a blocker if it’s not localized, but having localized versions
>> greatly increases our chances of press pick-up.
>>
>> Here is the full statement that will be published on September 5th:
>> https://docs.google.com/a/mozilla.com/document/d/14-3s2zjtBB42vpzcjdB-_R0T3e1Cx__548Ata8xQitQ/edit?usp=sharing
>>

>> - I should have 3 short strings tonight for paid social (Facebook
>> only). We can’t reuse the existing one because it will need to match
>> the design and the format is different than for a regular Facebook post.
>> - Snippets and email are still in the approval chain, hope to get them
>> soon.
>> - The website is still on track!
>>

>> Cheers,
>> Théo
>>
>> Le 25/08/2017 à 17:24, Theo Chevalier a écrit :
>>> (With this, I should stop spamming for this week…)
>>>
>>> Sorry Michael, slight copy mishap, just replaced “Copyright is under
>>> threat” with “The internet is under threat”.
>>>
>>> On the good news, we’ve updated the staging server with the (WIP) new
>>> template: https://changecopyright-org-staging.herokuapp.com/
>>>
>>> I’m fixing a few things to make sure all the strings are correctly
>>> showing up.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Théo

0
Theo

Quick update: the vote has been pushed back to December, so we’ve
removed all dates from strings to avoid further string changes. Yay
politics.

Since the campaign changes significantly from 4 weeks to 3 months, we
had to add a few restrictions to ensure people won’t abuse the tool and
we will be able to get it running until the vote. So I’ve just pushed 5
strings to inform users about the restrictions.

Thanks for your patience everyone, we’ll get there!

Théo

0
Theo