navigator.auth.get

I've been thinking again about how we can stop using so many passwords
across the web. Now that pretty much every browser can be signed-in-to, we
could try to standardize a way of getting *that* account.

Proposed:

    navigator.auth.get() -> Promise<JWT>

Larger article: http://seanmonstar.com/post/125352745992/whats-the-password

I have a contact on the Microsoft Edge team that largely agrees with the
idea, and my next steps would be to try to contact people on Chromium and
WebKit and see if this is something we could pursue.
0
Sean
7/29/2015 4:26:31 PM
mozilla.dev.identity 1643 articles. 4 followers. Post Follow

On 29/07/15 09:26 AM, Sean McArthur wrote:
> I've been thinking again about how we can stop using so many passwords
> across the web. Now that pretty much every browser can be signed-in-to, we
> could try to standardize a way of getting *that* account.

A (somewhat) related standardization effort is the Credential Management
spec in the W3C webappsec group:

  https://w3c.github.io/webappsec/specs/credentialmanagement/

Francois

0
Francois
7/29/2015 6:24:34 PM
On Wednesday, July 29, 2015 at 2:24:35 PM UTC-4, Francois Marier wrote:
> On 29/07/15 09:26 AM, Sean McArthur wrote:
> > I've been thinking again about how we can stop using so many passwords
> > across the web. Now that pretty much every browser can be signed-in-to, we
> > could try to standardize a way of getting *that* account.
>
> A (somewhat) related standardization effort is the Credential Management
> spec in the W3C webappsec group:
>
>   https://w3c.github.io/webappsec/specs/credentialmanagement/
>
> Francois

Also, this relates to the standardization effort for Credentials in W3C Credential Community Group http://opencreds.org/specs/source/identity-credentials/
0
Eric
7/29/2015 6:55:30 PM
Indeed, shortly after writing this (of course, not before!), I was pointed
at the Credential Management effort, which seems like the best place to
push to get something like this going.
On Wed, Jul 29, 2015 at 12:00 PM Eric Korb <eric.korb@accreditrust.com>
wrote:

> On Wednesday, July 29, 2015 at 2:24:35 PM UTC-4, Francois Marier wrote:
> > On 29/07/15 09:26 AM, Sean McArthur wrote:
> > > I've been thinking again about how we can stop using so many passwords
> > > across the web. Now that pretty much every browser can be
> signed-in-to, we
> > > could try to standardize a way of getting *that* account.
> >
> > A (somewhat) related standardization effort is the Credential Management
> > spec in the W3C webappsec group:
> >
> >   https://w3c.github.io/webappsec/specs/credentialmanagement/
> >
> > Francois
>
> Also, this relates to the standardization effort for Credentials in W3C
> Credential Community Group
> http://opencreds.org/specs/source/identity-credentials/

Sean
7/29/2015 7:02:36 PM
Some initial implementation of the W3c credential management standard
proposal is here https://github.com/AxelNennker/firefox_credentials/
How about integration of your proposal there?

Axel
 Am 29.07.2015 21:02 schrieb "Sean McArthur" <smcarthur@mozilla.com>:

> Indeed, shortly after writing this (of course, not before!), I was pointed
> at the Credential Management effort, which seems like the best place to
> push to get something like this going.
> On Wed, Jul 29, 2015 at 12:00 PM Eric Korb <eric.korb@accreditrust.com>
> wrote:

>> signed-in-to, we
>> >
>> > A (somewhat) related standardization effort is the Credential Management
>> > spec in the W3C webappsec group:
>> >
>> >   https://w3c.github.io/webappsec/specs/credentialmanagement/
>> >
>> > Francois
>>
>> Also, this relates to the standardization effort for Credentials in W3C
>> Credential Community Group
>> http://opencreds.org/specs/source/identity-credentials/

Axel
7/29/2015 7:41:49 PM
I love the credential management spec.

If nothing else, it means that the browser password managers don't have to parse the HTML on the page and make educated guesses about password fields.

And the FederatedCredential flow would also be simple, except that instead of passing back a password it would pass back a certificate.

It's got an awful lot of potential.

Anyone know whether it's got any traction?

Andy

On Wednesday, 29 July 2015 19:24:35 UTC+1, Francois Marier  wrote:
> On 29/07/15 09:26 AM, Sean McArthur wrote:
> > I've been thinking again about how we can stop using so many passwords
> > across the web. Now that pretty much every browser can be signed-in-to, we
> > could try to standardize a way of getting *that* account.
>
> A (somewhat) related standardization effort is the Credential Management
> spec in the W3C webappsec group:
>
>   https://w3c.github.io/webappsec/specs/credentialmanagement/
>
> Francois

0
Andrew

how to get more then one identity with @@identity
i have few tables and in one of them i need to insert the PK of sometable1 as FK to sometable3 and the PK of sometable2 as Fk to sometable3 how can i get both last identities of sometable1 and sometable2?Sincerely, roy You could use IDENT_CURRENT. That will retrieve the current identity for a specific table. SELECT IDENT_CURRENT('sometable1') AS SomeTable1Id You can learn more about IDENT_CURRENT here: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms175098.aspxCheers,       Kevin JonesMy Blog i gi guess i post it to early because i study it in ...

POST GET GET GET GET... WTH?

GET IDENTITY
Hi, I have an embedded SQL insert statement in a script. The insert is: INSERT into table1 (column1, column2) values (NULL, =91hello=92). Table1 has 2 columns: Column1 integer PK autoincrement, column2 char(20). My question is how to get the new value of column1 after the insert has been done? I am using Powerbuilder 11.2 with SQLAnywhere 10. Thanks a lot in advance. On Aug 31, 5:24=A0am, Manel wrote: > Hi, > > I have an embedded SQL =A0insert =A0statement in a script. The > insert is: INSERT into table1 (column1, column2) values > (NULL, =91hello=92). Tabl...

Getting identity
I have just converted my web site from dreamweaver template to Visual Studio using asp.net master pages, which is great, just there are few problems  The web site allows the user to login, and when they login it uses the following to get the Id, identify the user. id = TryCast(User.Identity, System.Web.Security.FormsIdentity) SInce i'm using master pages, it doesn't get the Id, so it always stays at the login page.  I would appreciate for any help I have found the solution, it was something that had to do with the web.config file. Thanks...

Getting identity
HiTrying to get a return value from this code, but only gets a 0. Am using SQLExpress.SqlParameter[] p = new SqlParameter[4];p[0] = new SqlParameter("@a", "aaa");p[1] = new SqlParameter("@b", "bbb");p[2] = new SqlParameter("@c", "ccc");p[3] = new SqlParameter("@d", SqlDbType.Int, 40);p[3].Direction = ParameterDirection.ReturnValue; string s = @"set nocount on INSERT INTO ABC(A, B, C) VALUES(@a,@b,@c) SELECT scope_identity()"; using(SqlConnection conn = new SqlConnection(this._connection)){   conn.Open();   SqlHelper.ExecuteNonQuery(conn, CommandType.Text, s, p);&nb...

How to get Identity
How can i get Identity from ObjectDatasource or SqlDataSource in event Inserted, i try a lot of things but without sucess some advice example thanks...

How do I get a "get mail" icon on the navigation toolbar Firefox 2.0 ?
Name: Gerald fedelem Email: gfedelematcomcastdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: How do I get a "get mail" icon on the navigation toolbar Firefox 2.0 ? Comments: How do I get a "get mail" icon on the navigation toolbar. Firefox 2.0 ? Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1) Gecko/20061010 Firefox/2.0 ...

Get Name of DW Identity Column (column.identity property requires looping thru all columns)
I need to locate the identity column for a DW. Only method i see is use of the columnName.Idenity property - which requires you to traverse all the DW columns and then look up the identity property for each until one is yes. Is there a way just to get the identity column directly - or the Primary Key. thanks, Dave As one can see in he syntax, sorry no. I played around with it this week also as I am using DW.Net2.0 with DataSets and a DataSet can not create update commands from a SQL statements where one has 2 tables. But, now, with the help of DW.Net it can do it ...

GETTING USER IDENTITY
I need to get the user identity name (User.Identity.Name) but have the following issue. I have several classes in my web app which "Inherits System.Web.UI.Page" except two of them because they inherit another class (written by me too) that is common for both. The situation is that I cannot write a second "Inherits System.Web.UI.Page" statement because visual basic tells me it is invalid and I see that without it I can't use User.Identity.NameI see that I can write an "Imports System.Web.UI.Page" without VB errors but I can't still get the user name. Is ...

Get Next Identity
Hi  i want to get the naxt identity number how can i get it pls help me very urgent sivakl_2001:Hi  i want to get the naxt identity number how can i get it pls help me very urgent Run this SQL right after your insertSELECT SCOPE_IDENTITY  hi  i want next  the identity before insert sivakl_2001:hi  i want next  the identity before insert you can use the sql function IDENT_CURRENThttp://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms175098.aspx ...

Get.User.Identity
protected string getUserIdentity() { return HttpContext.Current.User.Identity.Name.ToString().Replace("domain\\", ""); } I use this to get a users id. after stripping off the domain I get 'ssmith', and that is good but I'd like to be able to append the @domain.com for sending return emails from the form I’m building. How can I continue to strip off the 'domain\\' while appending the '@domain.com' to the end of the users ID.     I am not clear on what you are asking. You could split the string.Could you give an example of what is stored in User.Identity.Name? ...

I have no navigation Toolbar how do I get it back
There is no navigation toolbar on my Sea Monkey. How do I get it back? On 12/23/2014 11:45 AM, tonimarie76@optonline.net wrote: > There is no navigation toolbar on my Sea Monkey. > How do I get it back? > Right click in the Menu bar and put a check mark in "Navigation Toolbar". -- One of the millions of "Firefox makes me happy" users <https://input.mozilla.org/en-US/feedback/firefox/> WaltS48 wrote: > On 12/23/2014 11:45 AM, tonimarie76@optonline.net wrote: >> There is no navigation toolbar on my Sea Monkey. >> How do I get ...

Windows Auth .. getting locked out ???
In the morning when I arrive at work I open the .NET intranet. It logs me in automatically. I login as host to make any changes to the intranet. Seems like the max time I can be logged in as host is about 30 mins or so ... I think. Then it logs me out then I'm logged in as myself automatically. So I repeat this process a few times in the day when making changes as host.Then in the afternoon. I go to login to the intranet. And the window's login pops up. And DO enter the right username and password. And it won't let me in. I call our networking guy. And sure enuf. I'm locked out of windows. S...

Problems getting Identity from Access ! ! ! ! ! !
Hi, I've been having problems with PB6.5 and MS Access (2.0, 95, 2000...) to get the identity when I save a record. My datawindow update property is correctly defined and I've got no idea about what's wrong. Even through on the database painter the problem still happen. Thanks in advance Sannon I tried to do the same thing with PB5 and Access 95. I found the identity would only work from with in the Access GUI. I also found a number of other problems with developing to MS Access. I gave up on Access and moved to SQL Anywhere. Now I don't have those ...

Web resources about - navigator.auth.get - mozilla.dev.identity

Henry the Navigator - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
[ẽˈʁik(ɨ)] ; Porto , 4 March 1394 – Sagres , 13 November 1460), better known as Henry the Navigator , was an important figure in the early days ...

LinkedIn Sales Navigator - LinkedIn
Learn more about the LinkedIn Sales Navigator and see what people in and out of your professional network have to say about it.

Navigator 360 for iPad on the App Store on iTunes
Get Navigator 360 for iPad on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

My Old Navigator - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Netscape Navigator Version 1.11 [ ja ] End of Support for Netscape web browsers - The Netscape Blog blog.netscape.com/2007/12/28/end-of-supp ...

NAB refunds $25m refund to 62,000 customers over Navigator error
National Australia Bank is repaying 62,000 wealth customers a total of $25 million after internal errors meant clients were not paid all the ...

Nurse navigator positions revealed
Government outlines where experienced nurse positions will be.&nbsp;

ASIC allowed NAB to check and alter media release into bank's Wealth's Navigator errors
The corporate regulator agreed to alter a media release about a significant system error at National Australia Bank after it gave the bank the ...

ASIC allowed NAB to check and alter media release into bank's Wealth's Navigator errors
The corporate regulator agreed to alter a media release about a significant system error at National Australia Bank after it gave the bank the ...

NASA's New Horizons navigator Frédéric Pelletier guides Pluto probe
Frédéric Pelletier heads the team plotting a course for NASA's New Horizons probe, which will come closer to Pluto than any man-made spacecraft ...

SUV Review: 2015 Lincoln Navigator
Overview Full-sized upscale dinosaur gets a makeover Pros Powerful EcoBoost V6 engine; commodious Cons Big and heavy; drab styling; dynamically ...