Use of the feature keyword for Gaia or Gecko features in B2G Development

Hi Everyone,

In an effort to build a consistent query of features tracked in Gecko
and Gaia, let's plan on using the "feature" keyword to indicate that a
bug is tracking feature work. Product is planning on updating existing
user stories to use this keyword going forward. Additionally, if you are
in triage, then plan on using this keyword when you come across a
feature, whether that would be a Gaia or a Gecko feature.

This will help address some of the recent concerns brought up on
separate threads about needing a consistent way to find features in
Bugzilla related to B2G, whether that would be in the Gaia or Gecko layer.

--
Sincerely,
Jason Smith

Desktop QA Engineer
Mozilla Corporation
https://quality.mozilla.com

0
Jason
5/8/2013 3:08:22 PM
mozilla.dev.gaia 3196 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Feature request: Gaia-Builds alongside Gaia-Try
Hi dev-gaia, I have a feature request that I wanted to bounce off people here. I filed b= ug 1022968 to track it, but the gist is below: With Travis we have two views where our gaia test suites run: 1.) https://travis-ci.org/mozilla-b2g/gaia/pull_requests 2.) https://travis-ci.org/mozilla-b2g/gaia/builds [1] runs on every pull request, [2] runs on every commit to a future releas= e branch (master, 1.4, 1.3, etc). Right now, gaia-try replaces [1], but not= [2]. Some would argue that tbpl-b2g-inbound replaces [2], but I would argu= e that: - b2g-inbound builds are too slow...

Merging dev-gaia and dev-b2g into dev-fxos
--001a113ce93ebce35d051e4c0c73 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8 Hello people of Firefox OS, After a discussion we have decided that the distinction between dev-gaia and dev-b2g mailing lists is not enough to warrant maintaining two lists. So we are deprecating both in favor of dev-fxos. So if you are subscribed to one of the aforementioned lists, you will be subscribed to the new dev-fxos list and we will shortly be decommissioning dev-gaia and dev-b2g. Thanks! Michael --001a113ce93ebce35d051e4c0c73 Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: qu...

Merging dev-gaia and dev-b2g into dev-fxos
--001a113ce93ebce35d051e4c0c73 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8 Hello people of Firefox OS, After a discussion we have decided that the distinction between dev-gaia and dev-b2g mailing lists is not enough to warrant maintaining two lists. So we are deprecating both in favor of dev-fxos. So if you are subscribed to one of the aforementioned lists, you will be subscribed to the new dev-fxos list and we will shortly be decommissioning dev-gaia and dev-b2g. Thanks! Michael --001a113ce93ebce35d051e4c0c73 Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: qu...

Gaia repository modularization (was Re: [b2g] Move Gaia to the same repository as Gecko)
sounds like we put Xorg + GNOME + openoffice + a lot of apps into a huge repository in Linux. gecko is a platform and gaia is a mobile environment + core apps, I even want to split gaia to gaia-essential + apps in different repositores and then we can develop gaia app just like a normal web app. actually Greg and I are discussing this in sereral days and we try to figure our idea here: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1gO6NLhYHRmscJF14MezfP9BDZIVRJ6Mw_o1ZqWhvbf4/edit and we are doing some experiment to verify our idea. On Fri, Nov 8, 2013 at 7:12 AM, Dale Harvey <da...

Gaia development help post-feature-freeze
There are a bunch of places we can use help to fix bugs now that we're in the stabilization period. I've linked to the unowned bugs, along with contact names and general descriptions here: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/gaia-finishing-move Note: If you're a Gaia developer who's got too many bugs on your plate, please unassign yourself from anything you don't think you can get to in the next *week*. Mconnor, Morgamic, Chris More - I've updated this pad to point to the new bugzilla searches for the same items, and oriented it around non-feature work where help is n...

Gaia development help post-feature-freeze
There are a bunch of places we can use help to fix bugs now that we're in the stabilization period. I've linked to the unowned bugs, along with contact names and general descriptions here: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/gaia-finishing-move Note: If you're a Gaia developer who's got too many bugs on your plate, please unassign yourself from anything you don't think you can get to in the next *week*. Mconnor, Morgamic, Chris More - I've updated this pad to point to the new bugzilla searches for the same items, and oriented it around non-feature work where help is n...

Can we use new ES6 language features in Gaia?
Jason Orendorff tweeted this morning: > Default arguments, rest parameters, for-of, Map, Set are all in tip > now, mostly in FF16, more in FF17. (see https://twitter.com/jorendorff/status/231018006132711425) Can anyone think of any reason that we shouldn't go ahead and start using these new JavaScript language features in Gaia? The new stuff being added now is pretty much guaranteed to be standardized, and other browsers will probably have it before they've got things like our apps and Activity APIs. Its not like our apps are able to run on other browsers right...

dev.b2g and dev.gaia redundancy?
I'm relatively new to the project but I see more overlap than not lately in the dev.b2g and dev.gaia newsgroups. Are the original motivations for having distinct groups still still applicable? Would things be easier for more people if we collapsed down to one group? Is that an awful idea? - A +1, half the emails are sent to both lists to take it further I am sitting alone in #fxos on irc On 4 December 2013 00:22, Asa Dotzler <asa@mozilla.com> wrote: > I'm relatively new to the project but I see more overlap than not lately > in the dev.b2g and dev....

[signin][b2g] - B2G->dev merge
We have been discussing forceAuthentication, but there are other B2G features that must be merged into dev. So that JedP and I can prioritize, bisect, and tackle, can we get a list of features and any dependencies they have on other features? Off the top of my head I know of: * forceAuthentication * forceIssuer * allowUnverified * special TOS/PP handling - in B2G, TOS/PP links must be opened in an IFRAME instead of in a new tab. * A way of indicating experimental features Are there other new features that I am missing? We are actively discussing forceAuthentication, but t...

useful features for developers.
Name: Aditya Email: adityadotshrivastavaatesfrsdotorg Product: Firefox Summary: useful features for developers. Comments: Hi, I am a developer working in a public sector in the UK. Our team is divided in two groups of those who prefer Firefox (I'm one of them), & those who like IE due to certain features. My request is that is it possible to make Firefox bit more competitive in giving flexibility to developers by including few (useful) features such as: support for - document.filesize; - JavaScript event (support by IE): * Print event / Print preview e...

using gaia from b2g
Firstly I tried running gaia on b2g but was not successful as b2g get installed but gaia did not run.Then I tried with firefox there are some problems but after making some changes in the command as follows DEBUG=1 make /path/to/firefoxnightly -profile /Volumes/Mozilla/b2g/B2G/gaia/profile-debug -no-remot changed command DEBUG=1 DESKTOP=0 make firefox -profile /home/madhuri/gaia/profile-debug it is opening a Firefox browser but I am not getting how gaia is running..so Am I successful in running gaia on firefox.. ...

Security feature and other feature???
Hi, Cassini is really very simple to use, but does it support all features like IIS? Specially I mean security options, what about much more? Regards Krzysztof No, it's really a lightweight solution. IIS has far better support for things such as: - logging - IP restrictions - hostheaders & multiple sites - appdomains - FrontPage Extensions - Windows authentication, PassPort authentication, Digest authentication - compression with gzip/deflate - ISAPIs - much much much more So, you can use Cassini as a development and testing solution but certai...

Differences between running gaia through b2g and running gaia through firefox
Hi, I have some difficulties during developing gaia. I see differences between running gaia through b2g and running gaia through firefox nightly and I do not know why it happens. What is the point? If I run gaia through b2g I can see many more functions than in similar situation throught firefox-nightly. Almost everything runs very well with b2g. Even icons of Apps are different. Of course if it is runned through firefox nightly I have debugger, developer tools and other things. For example if it is runned through firefox nightly I even can not click on search input on ...

Web resources about - Use of the feature keyword for Gaia or Gecko features in B2G Development - mozilla.dev.gaia